What the hell about the refs?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
A few things here in my estimation...

First, Fish is too nice to the refs, so they don't fear making bad calls vs his team. It is something he needs to quit doing, that "I'm a competition committee member so need to take the high road" BS.

Second, I think the rules are just too complicated. It's to the point where the refs have too much heaped upon them, and they're only human. Every year the NFL changes the rules around and seems like they add more and more to the pile refs need to manage, what with concerns over player safety and whatnot.

Third, the desire is to have this be a passing league. The rules are being adjusted to get there, IMO. So the Rams would do well to see that coming and take advantage.

If the NFL wants to improve on that garbage officiating they've been putting up in recent years. They best implement motion-sensor technology on jerseys, pants, helmets and gloves to determine the duration of a hold or an illegal contact. I expect more investment in that for a billion dollar organization if they want to restore integrity of the game.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
Something seriously needs to be done about these calls. Its honestly ruining the games. I can stand losing and making our own mistakes and having to over come them, but when we have to overcome bs calls from the refs it's incredibly frustrating.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
A few things here in my estimation...

First, Fish is too nice to the refs, so they don't fear making bad calls vs his team. It is something he needs to quit doing, that "I'm a competition committee member so need to take the high road" BS.

Second, I think the rules are just too complicated. It's to the point where the refs have too much heaped upon them, and they're only human. Every year the NFL changes the rules around and seems like they add more and more to the pile refs need to manage, what with concerns over player safety and whatnot.

Third, the desire is to have this be a passing league. The rules are being adjusted to get there, IMO. So the Rams would do well to see that coming and take advantage.
The refs are going to do what they're going to do irrespective of how Fisher responds. I don't think one can point fingers at Fish regarding the refs.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Two points -- I listened to Savard and Farr on ESPN for the first half -- I didn't see the play, but Savard was livid about the roughing the passer call, since no one really touched Romo and he wasn't even in the pocket -- so how could that have been roughing the passer. Was that a legit call?

I watched the second half.... did anyone see the pass interference called on Jenkins against Bryant?

And, ok 3 points (I can't count) -- twice the play clock hit zero on the Cowboys and no call -- what the f is that about??????????????

I don't know about a conspiracy theory -- but it is getting damn frustrating to watch the life of a team get sucked out by what appears to be somewhat tainted, one-sided bullcrap.

The roughing call was called as a blow to the head of the QB, but it was a brush of the shoulder pad, no contact to the head at all, not even forcible contact to the shoulder.

The PI on Jenks was PI, but there was also a hold on the OL, should have been offsetting.

The no calls for delay of game were obvious blown calls.

The TD to dez would not have left romos hand if not for 2 blatant holds by the OL.

The holding call on Sims when he sacked romo inside the 5 was a head scratcher as well, Sims shoved the reciever in the backfield on his way to the QB for the sack.

Even the announcers, as pro dallas as they were didnt agree with some of the calls.

Granted the Rams didnt play a perfect game, they played well enough to dominate if not for a few well placed calls to benifit dallas as well as several missed calls that also helped dallas.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
I dont know if this particular game was rigged....but its not illegal for NFL to rigg games. Dallas is americas darlings....what more to boost ratings than a 21-0 come back.

If the NFL is going to rig the games like the WWE they need to change the name to the NFE, as rigged games are not sport but rather they are entertainment.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
If Fisher isn't going to start raising hell Quiet Stan Kronke needs to start getting involved. It is his money going into this product that is getting screwed regularly. Enough is enough

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
I always used to think all the people saying these games are fixed were crackpots.

After watching several seasons of this I'm really starting to wonder...

duckhunter

Starter
I don't have a problem with the refs in college football, but the pro game is subtly horrid to change momentum, points and outcomes.

Rainram

Starter
Nobody has mentioned the Illegal Contact against DB covering Quick. That was DPI and absolutely would have been if it was the other way around.

Athos

Legend
I'd like to see Fisher, damn the fines, just totally lay into the officials. Hell, I'd like to see an entire team lay into the officials.

Just delay the fuck out of a game. Draw as much attention as possible to the National Corruption League.

It's gotten out of hand. And honestly, my interest will begin to wane as well if these bunk calls keep happening.

Quinn is being held every play and no one is ever calling it.

We may as well have no pass rush. Just lay into the refs. Every game.

Athos

Legend
Just heard a comment by a caller on 101 ESPN by a caller--something I also saw. The play clock down to zero on one of the Cowboys last scoring drives. It was 00 and THEN Romo snapped it. No call.

Totally ignored it was. That level of blatant BS blew my top.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Those 2 calls were fucking atrocious. I went insane as did half of my entire section on that roughing the passer call. They replayed it in the dome 400 times as they should of. Inexcusable and embarrassing. That's just throwing flags for the fuck sake of it (or for your benefit). This is really turning into the NBA, and it's sickening. Fisher is going to be livid after he watches the tape on those.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
Honestly, the NFL needs to make changes to officiating calls. If they're going to change every other aspect to the game they need to look at this part of it too. Obviously this is a huge flaw in the game yet nothing is done to fix it. Make the calls reviewable or something. You absolutely can not expect fans to retain their interest when you see stuff like this every week. It changes the game in a negative way and it ruins the competitive element.

I'm sick of hearing the same response week after week... "Oh the refs are only human and you've got to understand they'll make mistakes."

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
I was at the game too and lost my fucking mind on that roughing the passer call. These fucking refs are really starting to piss me off! The defense pissed me off as well, but the refs directly gave Dallas some points.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Just heard a comment by a caller on 101 ESPN by a caller--something I also saw. The play clock down to zero on one of the Cowboys last scoring drives. It was 00 and THEN Romo snapped it. No call.

Totally ignored it was. That level of blatant BS blew my top.

Those were obvious as well. we had people in my section SCREAMING at the top of their lungs, and all I could do was laugh. Un-fucking-believable.

Sleepy1711

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Did everyone notice that when the replayed the Murry fumble the commentators said something about the refs missing a tripping call but no mention of the holds during the TD to Bryant?? Man, F...the Refs..

Athos

Legend
the entire dome should have replicas of yellow flags tucked away. weight them with bouncy balls.

Throw them all onto the field. I'm talking 1000s. Don't care about fines. Draw as much attention as possible to the corruption.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
They were so bad even cowboy forums have made threads about how the refs handed them the game. Pathetic.

Good
Honestly, the NFL needs to make changes to officiating calls. If they're going to change every other aspect to the game they need to look at this part of it too. Obviously this is a huge flaw in the game yet nothing is done to fix it. Make the calls reviewable or something. You absolutely can not expect fans to retain their interest when you see stuff like this every week. It changes the game in a negative way and it ruins the competitive element.

I'm sick of hearing the same response week after week... "Oh the refs are only human and you've got to understand they'll make mistakes."

goodell is so busy tryin to cover his ass with all the off field issues he has totally forgotten that the fans dont only care about the players being decent respectable citizens, we also would like for the officials to show some integrity on the field. Yipee the wife beaters arent playin, but the officials get away with lying to the fans while making the NFL look rigged. Shouldnt the officials be honest and unbiased on the field?

I dont mean to downplay the wife beating, those players dont deserve to play, just like the officials dont deserve to keep their jobs.