What the hell about the refs?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
This is the hold that wasn't called on the TD to Bryant.
View attachment 3330

I was at the game and behind the play - and there was not only this one, but another blatant hold on that play. People in my section were screaming and screaming 'HOLDING!!' and figured there would be a flag on the play so wasn't too worried about the long pass... and when I saw there was no flag I lost it. I absolutely couldn't believe they didn't AT LEAST see the hold on Langford. That's about as blatant as you can get. They can see Sims touch Romo's shoulder pads and perhaps barely graze his helmet, but can't see this? This kind of shit cost us the game and I'm getting f**ing tired of it.

Marq

Marq My Wordz
Name
King
Crazy thing is I'm sure he and every coach in the league does this every week, and every week they ignore it.

Heck, they probably take the tape out and throw it straight into the shredder, just like the evidence they had against the Patriots.
LOL!!!!! You are most likely correct.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
incorrect. glancing blows don't count AND he hit the shoulder pad anyways. Even mike perrera said it was wrong. then you had Britt get a holding call when he jacked up a DB during a run play ZERO holding. then how on earth do you explain holding on Sims??? If that was holding then flags should have been flying all over the field against the Dallas Oline. I'm being serious did you actual watch all of the game? cus I did and replayed every one of those calls. they weren't judgment calls in any way they were completely made up!
Let's just play it your way, then. It wasn't the refs that ultimately lost us that game. We whipped Dallas's ass! Then what did we do? We just let them off the hook. Refs didn't play a huge role in that, either. They actually called a decent game. Hell, that game was the Rams in a nut shell to a large degree. We freaked up a perfect dream.

I know I'm not over it, yet.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Crazy thing is I'm sure he and every coach in the league does this every week, and every week they ignore it.

Heck, they probably take the tape out and throw it straight into the shredder, just like the evidence they had against the Patriots.

Thats probably what happened with the Ray Rice video as well. Thats probably standard procedure for any and all videos recieved by the NFL, just dispose of it immediately. But of course thats another thread in itself.

Noregar

Starter
Name
Roger
The bad calls are getting worse. If it only happened on a rare occasion, I could stomach it but it is getting to the point where I have considered tuning out and I have been a Rams fan for 40 years. There is no need to watch a game that is decided by refs instead of the players on the field and the blatant bad calls noted in the posts above in favor of Dallas did ultimately decided this game.

As Rams fans we should inundate the league office with complaints perhaps even start a petition to have the refs fined.

Stan is one of the wealthiest owners in the league. I would hope that he could use some of his clout to stem the tide of bad calls because ultimately he has the most influence.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Thats probably what happened with the Ray Rice video as well. Thats probably standard procedure for any and all videos recieved by the NFL, just dispose of it immediately. But of course thats another thread in itself.
now people are talking sense. this is most likely exactly what happens ... all videos are immediately shredded as std op procedure. If anything else occurs, then sick NFL security on the matter and let the PR dept do its job.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I'm still ticked off about the Refs. I don't care that we made mistakes, the Rams still should have won if not for the bias of the refs.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
I'm still ticked off about the Refs. I don't care that we made mistakes, the Rams still should have won if not for the bias of the refs.
At minimum, the Rams should have been able to force OT.

THIRD AND 21!! SMDH

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
You mess up in the NFL you lose your job. You fumble - you're riding the pine. You drop catches you wont play for long. You lose games as a HC you get fired. Unless you're Roger Goodell or the refs that is.

EVERY play, and every instance of every play should be reviewable. We should have been able to review the hit to the head of Romo - the refs could look at it and see it wasn't to the head - so overturn it.

Well a major part of the solution to the problem is to allow coaches to throw the red flag to challenge a call. It would eliminate most of the bad calls, just have a guy who isn't a ref but knows the rules looking at the plays that get challenged (can be done by one guy for all the games remotely) and that guy gets to make the call right then and there. They are worried about it making the games longer than they need to be I'm sure, but most of the time with all the camera angles a call can be verified or overturned pretty quickly.