What the Chargers fans are saying...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
abundans cautela non nocet.

Actually, I was just putting up a little known fact like I did last week. Which, as it turns out, was the determining factor in the Rams' win over the Broncos. I told everyone he was 6-13 against Manning over his career, Fisher visited ROD and saw it, and then he remedied the problem.

Here's another fun fact. I took two years of Latin in high school just to be different. Biggest waste of time in the history of ever.

Speaking of being different, I took French instead of Spanish to be different...Bright move since their are maybe 3 French-speaking people in So. Cal...That's as opposed to the 3 billion spanish speaking folks...Brilliant, Mike...Just freaking brilliant...As luck would have irt I got to France when I was stationed in Italy...Used what little French I could remember and the French A-holes laughed at me..."Look another idiot American trying to speak French, all six words or phrases he has memorized"... Even if it's perfect, they will let you know everything that didn't measure up to their standards...Lots of nice folks, I'm sure... I just didn't happen to run into any of them...

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Speaking of being different, I took French instead of Spanish to be different...Bright move since their are maybe 3 French-speaking people in So. Cal...That's as opposed to the 3 billion spanish speaking folks...Brilliant, Mike...Just freaking brilliant...As luck would have irt I got to France when I was stationed in Italy...Used what little French I could remember and the French A-holes laughed at me..."Look another idiot American trying to speak French, all six words or phrases he has memorized"... Even if it's perfect, they will let you know everything that didn't measure up to their standards...Lots of nice folks, I'm sure... I just didn't happen to run into any of them...
Ha. Nice. Those Frenchies, man... lol.

I visited Paris about 20 years ago because my father-in-law worked in Belgium, so he took us out there for a night on the town. Mehhhhhhhhhh. I ran into the same problem when I tried to speak in their native tongue. Looked at me like I was a peasant. So I spent the rest of the night just saying, "ou est la salle de bain?" and "mon dieu" and I wouldn't say anything else no matter what people said. Good thing my father-in-law had a sense of humor, because I pretty much ruined the night, but he thought it was hilarious.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Ha. Nice. Those Frenchies, man... lol.

I visited Paris about 20 years ago because my father-in-law worked in Belgium, so he took us out there for a night on the town. Mehhhhhhhhhh. I ran into the same problem when I tried to speak in their native tongue. Looked at me like I was a peasant. So I spent the rest of the night just saying, "ou est la salle de bain?" and "mon dieu" and I wouldn't say anything else no matter what people said. Good thing my father-in-law had a sense of humor, because I pretty much ruined the night, but he thought it was hilarious.

Well played...I'm sure that left them with a look of bewilderment on their collective faces...And probably irked them as well...Not as much as if you had pissed on the sidewalk, smiled at them, and used my personal fav: "Vous etes une bite...That I learned early on and is one of the few things I remember 45 years later...OK, I'll stop...I'm sure this is totally boorish to the other good folks here...GO RAMS !!!

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Weird. I took 2 years of French in high school, sucked at it, and then took a year of German in college so I could study abroad in Vienna. When I was there, I traveled through France multiple times (courtesy of my GF studying in Spain) and never had an issue. People I met were very nice, even though my French was rusty to say the least, because I was making a good faith effort. Maybe I just lucked out and met the right people. Maybe it's that I was traveling alone. Undoubtedly there are a some jerks, but I think a lot of it is that they are annoyed because they learned English in school and are fluent, but many Americans don't even try to speak the local language or just do a few guidebook phrases.

Incidentally - I have found that if you speak a little of the language but not enough, getting drunk with the locals and speaking their language even in a broken way helps you learn a lot.

RamzFanz

Damnit
...so the chargers are like the French? Is that where this is going? Why? ils sont bites?

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I just wanna point out the Chargers OL sucks. Against a very sloppy and undisciplined Raiders team last week, the Chargers had a muddy backfield all game and could only manage 13 points to the only winless team in football. The best player on the field was the SD punter, Sifers. He pinned the Raiders back before the ten three or four times, amgazing. Rivers is really good but was under constant pressure. I think we have a good shot to murder this team.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan

Guess you've never been to Southern France, the people there were really nice. Paris is a just shitstorm of tourists and cynicism and I don't blame them when you have a bunch of bad American apples.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
abundans cautela non nocet.

Actually, I was just putting up a little known fact like I did last week. Which, as it turns out, was the determining factor in the Rams' win over the Broncos. I told everyone he was 6-13 against Manning over his career, Fisher visited ROD and saw it, and then he remedied the problem.

Here's another fun fact. I took two years of Latin in high school just to be different. Biggest waste of time in the history of ever.

Actually, no it wasn't.
I took 4 years. :palm:

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
As for France...
Parisians are just like New Yorkers - they're not really assholes, they're just Parisians.
That said, Paris is absolutely beautiful, the French...not so much.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
***** Fisher. he's as dirty as they come, a true ahole that would cripple a guy for life to get a cheap win.

Attachments

• IMG_343660241225465.jpeg
    IMG_343660241225465.jpeg
    33 KB · Views: 186

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Wasn't it the Chargers who tried to murder Trent Green for a cheap ass preseason win? What a dirty team.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
--------------------------------------------------
I wouldn't underestimate the Rams right now. Their D is playing much better of late. Not sure but I think they have 16 of those sacks in the past 3 or 4 games.

The Chargers are 1-3 their last 4 with their only win coming against the hapless Raiders. The Rams are 2-2, with wins over Denver and the 49ers. Their losses were against KC and AZ, two teams playing their best football right now.

In fact, looking at the Rams schedule, since week 2 they have played in order the Cowboys, Eagles, 49ers, Seahawks, Chiefs, 49ers, Cardinals, and Broncos. That's ****ing brutal, not a Raiders, Jaguars, or Jets in that bunch.

Chargers better bring their A game, because they are probably a step down in competition compared to what the Rams have been dealing with.

At least one of them has a clue about the reality of their situation this week.