What the Chargers fans are saying...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
argumentum ad antiquitatem

The fallacy of determining an outcome based on past history
abundans cautela non nocet.

Actually, I was just putting up a little known fact like I did last week. Which, as it turns out, was the determining factor in the Rams' win over the Broncos. I told everyone he was 6-13 against Manning over his career, Fisher visited ROD and saw it, and then he remedied the problem.

Here's another fun fact. I took two years of Latin in high school just to be different. Biggest waste of time in the history of ever.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Here's another fun fact. I took two years of Latin in high school just to be different. Biggest waste of time in the history of ever.

:OT: Yeah Latin depicted in modern times is rather flawed. Fuck knows what went on in antiquity

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
:OT: Yeah Latin depicted in modern times is rather flawed. freak knows what went on in antiquity
No, I mean the language. I learned to speak a dead language and never used it again afterward.

:doh:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
No, I mean the language. I learned to speak a dead language and never used it again afterward.

:doh:

Well, it's fun to quote shit in Latin. It makes you sound sort of distinguished without making yourself look like a total ass.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
abundans cautela non nocet.

Actually, I was just putting up a little known fact like I did last week. Which, as it turns out, was the determining factor in the Rams' win over the Broncos. I told everyone he was 6-13 against Manning over his career, Fisher visited ROD and saw it, and then he remedied the problem.

You and me both. Why i didn't take spanish with all the hot girls and cool people i'll never know.
We did have a toga party though...although it was as tame and lame as a toga party can get. Boring.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
You and me both. Why i didn't take spanish with all the hot girls and cool people i'll never know.
We did have a toga party though...although it was as tame and lame as a toga party can get. Boring.
That's scary. I didn't know you took Latin also. At this point we have too much in common, so I must destroy you.
We had one of those lame parties at the end of the year too.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
That's scary. I didn't know you took Latin also. At this point we have too much in common, so I must destroy you.

If only you guys went to the German classes and talked down on those filthy barbarians

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
It definitely wasn't Delta house. :(

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Me too. Ich spreche ein bisschen Deutsch.

My German class followed lunch break and I was usually half baked by then lol.

Yeah, German sucked for me. I barely even remember it, lawl.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
"I can see not taking them lightly after their win against Denver, but they are on the road and are a below average team on both sides of the ball."

Oh really? LOL, can't wait until Sunday is all I can say.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
My brothers both took Latin and I think they might use it more than I use the Spanish which I took in high school.

I'm supposed to be refining my Spanish speaking but I'm doing a terrible job at it.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
We'll be 6-6 after we go on a 3-0 stretch vs. NFC West. Mark it down.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
To heck with the fans. I wonder if opposing WR's are scared of the Rams secondary yet.

EnIulqA.jpg

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Me too. Ich spreche ein bisschen Deutsch.

My German class followed lunch break and I was usually half baked by then lol.

My German lasted one year, then the teacher quit because of all the pranks the class pulled on him.
Moved on to 1 year of French and got to go on the trip to Europe. That was the end of my foreign language career.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=102255&page=21
http://forums.utsandiego.com/showthread.php?t=128776

---------------------------------------------
I think going run heavy vs the rams is the way to go. Put 2 TEs sets. Have D.Johnson block their speed pass rusher. Even double team the with Dunlap. Just smash these pass rushers , run right at them, even if it's just 2 yards. That will slow the pass rush down. Run screen passes and draws also. I don't think it's a good idea to single block rams pass rushers and have Rivers passing it a lot. I'll take the ugly 20-13 win on Sunday. If we try to make it pretty it could get ugly. Let's make it ugly and get that pretty 'W'
----------------------------------------------
Sure. The Rams are better than Oakland on paper, just not by much.

Every week is different. If you're betting on StL looking like the team that beat the Donks last week when they play in SD, that's a longshot.
Odds are SD wins something like 17 - 3. We'll ground & pound, play great D & STs.
Denver had no ground game at StL, ours is just coming back to life.
To say the Rams are a mediocre offense is to be kind. To say that the Chargers are playing like a top 5 defense is a fact.
We are deservedly favorites but DO have to show up.
It will be a tough game to watch, as everyone pointed this game will be win or loose in the trenches, if Philip can establish an air attack based on screens, quick routes or checkdown throws will be enough to win.

I call Royal and Allen to have good games, please do not use those long development plays or Phil will be eaten alive.

Stay strong! Chargers 23 Rams 14
-------------------------------------------------
chargers 3, Rams 0
Rams are a tough team. They've played good teams close.

Overall, they're not very good. I've seen them look absolutely terrible, and this is without the excuse of missing half their starters.

That said, if the Chargers repeat their performances on offense from the last couple of games, they will lose.

They need to figure that out in a hurry.
----------------------------------------------------
Yup, the Rams got a solid defensive front...this game will be on the D to get it done, but I won't hold my breath with our defense...dude our defense is really not that good.
----------------------------------------------------
dont always run it up the middle - rams vulnerable to sideline runs and pitch outs

like to see some screen plays

like to see em stack the box and shut down mason. make hill beat em with the inconsistent kenny britt
-----------------------------------------------------
Lets be realistic though... we're going to get beat up on. These guys just beat the Denver Mannings.

Hopefully we can magically get healthy and beat them but this MASH unit has almost no chance. I just hope Rivers is going to start and finish another game.

Hell its gong to be another underwhelming game while it comes to rushing but hopefully Rivers can stay healthy and upright enough to steal us another victory!
------------------------------------------------------
Come on people. The Rams are 4-6. Yes, they beat the Broncos, but that doesn't mean that they are now super bowl bound. They are slightly below average on both sides of the ball and haven't played well on the road.

Now, does this mean the Chargers will win? No, but this is a game they should win. That's why they are 6 point favorites.
Looking to be a defensive battle. I think the Chargers boast a pretty good one themselves. Rivers ribs is concerning. And assuming his knee is okay..This Oline has got to protect #17 at all costs. Max protect, whatever and watch for TJ McDonald creeping...(damn I wish he was a Charger.)

I think this back-to-good health defense can get to Hill. Tre Mason is awesome, but I think they swarm him. Austin is from a Harry Potter book. They need a throw net for him...
I wouldn't underestimate the Rams right now. Their D is playing much better of late. Not sure but I think they have 16 of those sacks in the past 3 or 4 games.

The Chargers are 1-3 their last 4 with their only win coming against the hapless Raiders. The Rams are 2-2, with wins over Denver and the 49ers. Their losses were against KC and AZ, two teams playing their best football right now.

In fact, looking at the Rams schedule, since week 2 they have played in order the Cowboys, Eagles, 49ers, Seahawks, Chiefs, 49ers, Cardinals, and Broncos. That's ****ing brutal, not a Raiders, Jaguars, or Jets in that bunch.

Chargers better bring their A game, because they are probably a step down in competition compared to what the Rams have been dealing with.
the rams have beaten BOTH of last years superbowl participants.

granted, they were at home, and used some trickery against the hawks to do it, but that is still impressive.

they have been playing MUCH better as of late.

again, at home. this is on the road, but i can see them looking to take advantage of our less than stellar o-line.

our defense better show up, but i am thinking that with some game tape on hill (which denver really didn't have) we should be ok.
From a historical perspective, Rivers and therefore the team just do not do well against teams with a good pass rush. At least I have not seen it yet.

On another note...I have always been a Jeff Fisher fan since his Titan superbowl teams. Plus, he is in the top 5 of guys who doesn't look like a head coach, in the class of Wayne Fonts ,Hank Stram, and Marc Trestman.

Fisher looks like the manager of a Good Tires store.
***** Fisher. he's as dirty as they come, a true ahole that would cripple a guy for life to get a cheap win.
-------------------------------------------
Rivers goes into this game hurt, and thanks to his pal Antonio's big mouth, Fisher will have his boys targeting those ribs, you can bet on it. If the coaches don't put together a gameplan designed to run the ball and on passing plays to get the ball out of Rivers hands quickly ala 2013, he won't make it through the game. Or Rivers being Rivers, he'll try to stay in but won't be very effective.

This is a must-win, but not a good matchup for us at all. Not feeling optimistic about this one, coaches will stop emulating Norv Turner to win this one.
This is exactly the type of game the Chargers win. They will lose out after that, but they will go toe to toe with the Rams.
The Chargers were double digit favorites against the Raiders and barely won. The point spread is hardly comforting.
I got to the end of the "Is Rivers playing hurt" thread and no one mentions Antonio's big mouth.
icon_eek.gif
Is Gates that stupid or does he have some inner desire to see bad chit happen to boloman ?
--------------------------------------------
Problem is the Chargers have a really hard time running on 2nd or 3rd and 1....over the past few years..... we've been inexcusably horrible at it... usually losing a yard or 2 on those plays, no matter which RB is carrying the ball........ so that has to be on the OL and TE's....

Our best chance is if we can play mistake free ball and if our defense plays out of their minds and shuts out the rams, and comes up with some short fields to help our offense..... we do not want Rivers dropping back frequently to throw the ball against that tough ram pass rush....and their dirty coach.....

we do need to keep trying to run even if run is not working..... and mix it up..... to keep defense guessing and Rivers alive.
Its about matchups...... and rams tough defensive front is the type that gives our OL and Rivers fits.......the rams offense on the other hand is not very good, so if our defense comes to play, this is a very even matchup.... and tough game.....we have at home, so we should be able to find a way to win....

Last edited:
To say the Rams are a mediocre offense is to be kind. To say that the Chargers are playing like a top 5 defense is a fact.

:ROFLMAO: San Diego last 5 games scoring D: 129 points allowed, 26th overall
Rams last 5 games scoring D: 88 points allowed, 6th overall.