What Seahawks fans are saying(Part 2)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://www.seahawkblue.com/showthread.php?44879-The-Lambs-will-go-quietly

The Lambs will go quietly...

Alright, I hear what everyone is saying that the Rams always play us tough and these are always great close battles (and I know that they usually are and normally would agree) yadda, yadda, yadda...but this game will be different. This game won't be close at all as the Seahawks will dominate them.

I'm being kind with the score below as this easily could become that high scoring blowout that some people have seemed to think we'd be pitching. This will be that kind of game. In evaluating the match-ups each week - I look at many things: Record (especially against quality opponents), location (and scores at those match-ups even in losing efforts), personnel and who is injured/active on both sides, bad match-ups between the teams (personnel and history), tendencies, and motivation.

The Seahawks are VERY motivated for this game...the Rams just really are not. Fisher will have them play tough at first - but I see Keenum being completely unglued against our D. I see our D as shutting down Gurley-man (ala Adrian Peterson)...in fact - I see this game very much in the same vain as the Vikings match-up!

The Rams D is 22nd in the league overall (23rd in Rush, 21st in passing)...which is better than the Browns (but barely..the Browns are 27th overall D). Their offense is much worse than the Browns though (St. Louis is 31st whereas the Browns is 24th). The ONLY thing they have going for them is the run game with Gurley - and I think that our D will shut that down.

They don't have a dynamic QB (like Manziel) to make things interesting. I know they know us well and all that - but there's just no motivation on their side to make it interesting other than pride and we have ALL the motivation and the much better team and match-ups.

I'd look for any trick play that Fisher might inject...but the Seahawks will be ready for it. In fact - maybe, just MAYBE we'll finally see that pick six that we've been looking for the past couple of weeks.

Final Score:

Seahawks: 34
Lambies: 6

We should have Tailbone-Kam, Shead, and Willson...possibly Okung back for this contest. Our running back by committee should work again against this team - especially if C-Mike plays with the fire in his belly again (if not, then Brown or Colman could shine).

I'm thinking the Rams will move the ball enough (maybe get lucky is more like it) to score two field goals. I'd love this to be a shut out though!This, I think, is a great opportunity for another Seahawks shutout...so maybe!
----------
Lambs may go quietly, I doubt it, but I do not doubt that the Lambs are going to try to hurt you.
---------
I would argue with your first assertion that these are always great close battles. While they are sometimes close in StLouis they are usually two score victories in CLink. And they are rarely great games. Some of them have set back offensive football a couple decades. Still others are determined by fluke special teams plays. And most of them feature more than a few cheap shots.

Anyway, they are not going to get blown out because they have a solid defense, an annoying coach that treats these games like we axe-murdered his wife, and a good running game to wear out the clock.
--------
I knew I would be even dumber after opening this thread, just like I always get pissed when we play the fishered rams.
--------
Their D may keep us in check for some time - but I have no confidence in them on O against our D (solid running back that they have or not). Hopefully the 'Hawks leave this game with no injuries - that is a concern.
--------
At 6-8 the Rams are extremely dangerous. Jeff Fisher almost always finishes 7-9 or 8-8. The most overrated head coach in the history of the NFL in my opinion. You never really hear his name being on the hot seat for some reason. Go back and look at his coaching records. Outside of couple good years in Tennessee, Fisher is the definition of average. That's why he is dangerous this week.
---------
He has 6 playoff appearances in 21 years as a head coach. In a lot of ways, he seems below average IMO. For whichever reason he seems to be immortal when it comes to job security.
---------
The fact that he can finish 8-8 with no QB is what keeps him employed. When he's had a QB (McNair) he's routinely made the playoffs and went to a SB. No coach wins without a QB. Pete Carroll was 7-9 without a QB. Then he got a QB and hasn't won less than 10 games since. Good QB is worth 4 extra wins a year.
---------
I guess the problem then lies with his QB evaluation...he's really only had one decent QB during his entire head coaching career maybe he's not good at finding them...
---------
The Rams have Gurley and Austin. That's their offense. I can see them putting up 13/14. With one score coming from Special Teams. But I would love to see a 6th straight game of 70%, 3TDs, 0 Ints
---------
Well, sure they might play us "tough" but look at the record over the last 20 plus game, Hawks has flat out dominated.
--------
Robert Quinn in on IR. That removes a fang from the teeth of their defense.
---------
I think it will be close around halftime....people will be panicking and overreacting and then the 2nd half will start and the Hawks will pull away winning by 10-17 points.
--------
One of the hottest teams right now, with a foot on the throats of opponents, in December, probably last home game this year, experienced Vets, and against a team that will get paid back.....again.
---------
Fisher and the Rams are dangerous opponents, especially for other NFC West teams. With that said, if we can limit their running game and build an early lead, it could become a blow-out pretty easily. If we can't make their offense one-dimensional, then it will be a tight game and come down to the wire.
---------
Steven Jackson never did put up 100 yards on the Seahawks in any one game. Would be great to keep that tradition right on going with Gurley too in his new career with the Rams, keep his threat tamped down.
---------
Here's all of Jackson's career games aginst the Seahawks. Best one was 93 yards. Also, no multi-TD games. He also only got 36 yards in the playoff game after the '04 season.

If the Seahawks can come up these kind of numbers against Gurley over his career with the Rams we'll be doing pretty good. (Unlike, for example, Gore in his glory years with the 49ers who seemed to gash us a lot.)

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
giphy.gif

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Seahawks fans have to be the most uninformed, least knowledgeable of any team.
Dipshits.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's funny I think I've read the same comments for 15 games now. The opposing fans don't seem to change up much in their comments.

FRO

Legend
I really do not see us taking any cheap shots, late hits, ect. Only questionable play was the Joyner hit. That's all. We play tough and physical, but not dirty. I thought football was supposed to be tough.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I really do not see us taking any cheap shots, late hits, ect. Only questionable play was the Joyner hit. That's all. We play tough and physical, but not dirty. I thought football was supposed to be tough.

Its only called tough when they play that way. When the Rams do it its called dirty. Typical knucklehead homer fans in seahag territory. They watch games with blinders on.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Things I have learned in 10 minutes on seahawks.net:

1. Cardinals are overrated
2. Any playoff team is overatted if they haven't won a SB in the last few years and you aren't the seacocks.
3. Panthers are as big of cheaters as the cheatriots.
4. Aaron Rodgers is a prima donna with an attitude problem who can't get the job done.
5. Rams fans believe everytime we draw a personal foul a ram HOF candidate makes it in.
6. Norman should of been suspended with Beckham because he messed with him to much.
7. They all have massive sandy vaginas.
8. They are all bitches to the 12th degree.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://www.fieldgulls.com/2015/12/2...ms-breakdown-corner-make-the-rams-come-to-you

Seahawks vs. Rams Breakdown Corner: Make the Rams come to you
By Terence Q Johnson

usa-today-8300998.0.jpg

Kirby Lee-USA TODAY Sports

History says that Seattle has a big advantage over St. Louis this weekend. Here are the numbers to show whether history is a bumbling fool or not.

I rarely use previous-year historical data in these because what matters is the two teams on the field, not their laundry from prior seasons. But I want to start by dispelling a myth about the Rams, namely that they're NFC West killers -- in particular, that they're the bane of the Seahawks existence. Here's a handy chart of meetings between the two teams in the post-Mike Holmgren era: (Click link at top of post and scroll down to see the chart).

(The games at St. Louis are marked.) Clearly this "phenomenon" is recent, but when you play a team twice a year, you're likely to lose to them more times than if you play them once a year. Since 2012, Seattle is 4-3 against St. Louis, and each of the losses was the early-season game -- they haven't lost late in the year to the Rams in the Jeff Fisher era.

Alternatively, the 'Hawks haven't lost at home to St. Louis in the Jeff Fisher era. Not only that, but they've given up double digit points just once in those contests, and they've lost every time they've allowed more than two touchdowns. Again, lots of meaningless historical data, but it's an unusual stretch. I also find it odd that we're on a 6-season streak with Seattle playing away in its first contest against the Rams.

History aside, this game should sit right in the Seahawks' wheelhouse. St. Louis has won its last two games, a 31-23 hammering of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers that was far less close than the final suggests and a slow-and-steady 21-14 win over the Detroit Lions.

But like the Cleveland Browns last week, the Rams have had little success against top-tier offensive powers, most recently falling 27-3 to the Cardinals and 31-7 to the Bengals. They also laid an egg in a 16-13 loss to the Baltimore Ravens and were shellacked 37-13 by the Bears.

One big problem? The St. Louis offense simply fails to convert first downs. I've published efficiency stats before to show how well teams convert a first down into another set of downs or a touchdown, and the Rams have sat at the bottom of that list the entire year. Here are some updated numbers: (Click link at top of post and scroll down to see the chart).

And not by a small margin. The team gets a new set of downs just over half the time, while the rest of the league manages almost 3% better and a majority of the league is 10% better. Oh, and for those of you keeping score at home, that's the Seahawks sitting in the #2 spot, having completely flipped their season from one of relative inefficiency to ridiculous heights of efficiency in the last half dozen games.

As always, we'll start conventional, and conventionally, the Rams are in bad shape: 31st in points scored, 31st in yards, last in yards, and 27th in fumbles lost.

Significantly, these stats are being dragged down by their poor air attack. They've thrown the fewest touchdowns in the league (10 -- yes, that's fewer than Doug Baldwin has caught), have passed the ball just 412 times (31st in the league), and are 30th in net yards per attempt. So not only do they avoid throwing, they also throw poorly when they do.

The injection of Case Keenum into the lineup in place of the poor performance of Nick Foles has improved the team's success, but St. Louis is still having problems passing. Keenum is now 2-1 starting, completing 61.5% of his passes, and already has 3 TDs on the season (Foles played 11 games and threw just 7).

Keenum has only thrown 1 interception, but he's fumbled 3 times and is sacked about 50% more often than Foles was when he drops back. Neither QB is particularly reliable in the pocket, and a concentrated Seattle rush should easily disrupt Keenum's play.

Tavon Austin is the team's leading receiver, with 44 catches on 72 targets. Austin is a speedster known for his use on punt returns, in gadget plays, and as a supplementary running back. His 9.1 yards per carry is no fluke: Austin has 43 rushes and 4 rushing touchdowns on the year. Through the air, he's a little more pedestrian (apologies to Doug Baldwin), picking up just 9.7 yards per reception.

Let it not be said that the Rams dislike the long ball, though. Kenny Britt runs deep routes consistently, and his 30 receptions on 63 (!) targets have gone for an 18.4 yards-per-reception average. And that isn't from juking his way past the last man: Britt frequently makes his receptions 15+ yards downfield but has seen the end zone just twice this season; he rarely sees the ball on passes under 10 yards.

The Rams like to use their tight ends up the seams as well. Jared Cook is the top dog, his 38 receptions going for an average of 12.5 yards per catch; readers may also remember Lance Kendricks from some previous game perhaps, but Kendricks is far less frequently targeted. (Keenum seems to still be settling in, though: on 17 attempts against the Bucs he angled for Cook 6 times and Kendricks 3 times; on 23 attempts the week before he targeted each just once. The Bucs strategy was far more successful.)

Running backs are also important to watch in this passing game. Benny Cunningham is a solid kick returner and blocker, and he sees significant use on check-downs and broken plays. He has just 32 rushes on the year for a desultory 3.2 ypc, but his 20 receptions have gone for an impressive 202 yards. Todd Gurley is having an impressive rookie season, and he's seeing more use out of the backfield as well (20 catches, 181 yards).

Gurley anchors the ground attack, where the Rams have performed decently this season. Gurley is like Marshawn Lynch, getting yards after contact and wearing down defenses until he can break through them. Overall, he averages 4.9 yards per carry and has 9 rushing touchdowns, but he's managed just 3.5 ypc on 108 1st-half runs; his 101 2nd-half runs have been worth a whopping 6.5 ypc.

Unfortunately for the Rams, the right side of their line has been pretty bad at opening holes. Heading around the right end, Gurley has 63 yards on 23 carries; his 20 rushes for 73 yards toward the right guard include exactly 0 in the 4th quarter of any game; and if not for a 48-yard run against the Browns, he would sport similar numbers to the right tackle. By contrast, heading left the worst he's done is 27 rushes for 148 yards (5.48 ypc) and a pair of scores around the end.

Defensively, St. Louis is solid, slightly more so against the pass than the rush. DVOA puts them 8th overall, just behind the Seahawks. But it's a confusing team to track. The Rams have won games giving up more than 500 yards of offense (Bucs), but they've also lost giving up fewer than 300 total yards while out-gaining their opponents (Vikings).

In the pass rush, Aaron Donald is obviously the guy to fear. His 11 sacks put him at 6th in the league, but he's caused fewer lost yards -- by 10 total -- than every other player with double digit sacks. Donald had help from DE Robert Quinn, but with Quinn now on IR, that threat is no longer present.

Linebacker Alec Ogletree, who posted 2 sacks and 27 tackles in just 4 games, is likely not going to make it to CenturyLink this weekend. That leaves James Laurinaitis as the top LB and little more push past Donald up front.

The Rams sport a pair of aggressive safeties in Rodney McLeod and Mark Barron. McLeod in particular manages to contain almost everything in front of him and makes a ton of tackles, but he isn't great in coverage. Sending balls deep is not a great strategy against this team, though, as only a half dozen long passes have been successful this year.

The most promising results so far take advantage of poor off-the-line defending: teams are completing 67.6% of passes against St. Louis, who is also worst in the league so far at giving up yards after catch. While Doug Baldwin would have a field day with this setup, if he can't go, quick tosses to Kearse and Lockett should be reasonably effective.

Tight ends are performing reasonably well against the Rams, including Jimmy Graham and his 6-51-1 line in Week 1. But once again, most of their success is after making mid-level receptions -- often in the middle of the field -- and adding YAC. Luke Willson should be up to this task, especially if RW is on his game.

Rushing up the middle is difficult against this St. Louis team. Games where running backs have been successful through the center or by the guards are few and far between -- Adrian Peterson, Jeremy Hill, and the stable of Arizona backs in their second meeting managed it, but teams are overall averaging just 3.7 yards per carry. By the tackles and around the ends, success increases drastically to 4.8 yards per carry average.

Seattle's best play this week will be persistent running to the outside and short, success-driven passes that turn into modest gains. While Russell Wilson should be wary of Aaron Donald blowing up the pocket quickly, he should also be aware that Donald is sporting limited help this week; that should leave plenty of places to step into either to extend pass route development time or to take off.

Ultimately, though, expect the historical trend to continue. The Seahawks are the better team in this matchup and are playing at their peak, while the Rams -- in spite of a couple big wins -- have trouble against quality offenses and have a poor history as Seattle visitors.
-----------
Excellent analysis.
Thanks. Touch wood Aaron Donald and mates can be contained and the ‘historical trend’ remains just that. Touch wood, too, no fumbles from our rbs and no dropped passes from our receivers.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
I'm getting a lot of the typical Hawks fans reaction out here...

"Your win earlier this year doesn't count we weren't playing good back then."
"If we had Kam you never win that 1st game."
"We are on a hot streak, we are gonna blow you guys out."
"Russell and Baldwin are unstoppable, your defense can't stop them."
"We held AP to 18 yards, Gurley won't do anything."

Blah blah blah lol.

It's been so long since we have won out here it hurts lol. I want our defense to dominant and Gurley to run wild. Go Rams!!

My wife and I have a bet whoever loses has to buy all the drinks New Year's Eve.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I think it will be close around halftime....people will be panicking and overreacting and then the 2nd half will start and the Hawks will pull away winning by 10-17 points.

This quote is pretty much the way games there have ended up the past few years. The Rams have played tough in the first half. Even had a lead. But the offense, or lack of, puts so much pressure on the defense that they eventually wear out and the game isn't very close at the end.

If they can open holes for Gurley that can change. But Keenum has to make plays. If he can they won't be so apt to load the box. Then its just about whether or not our guys can block.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
God, I hope our boys can pull this one out. Seahawks fans can hold the playoffs over our heads all they want, but if we win they can't say that they could beat this non playoff team. Gotta hope the o-line shows up tomorrow. If Gurley shows out, then we should win this game.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

What a bunch of cocksuckers.

Ok, confession time. I'm starting wittle wussell in my ff team this week. Arod has gone to crap and Sam doesn't put up enough points. Wussell has got me into the championship game so he stays in there. Also dropped the Rams d.

This could mean a low scoring rams victory.

You're welcome.

Once again, you're welcome.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Feels so good reading this over again. Eat it, douchebags. Even with a team decimated by injuries, we can beat you in your house.(CONVINCINGLY)

FRO

Legend
I don't know if any of you know this or not, but I hate the Seahawks with a passion.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Fuck any excuse about already having the playoffs wrapped up. You dont subject RW to that kind of beating if you are not playing for the win.