What Ravens Fans Are Saying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://boards.baltimoreravens.com/topic/66155-next-up-st-louis-rams/

Next up: St. Louis Rams

How do the Rams play outside?
-------
Death and despair.
-------
I'm honestly not feeling good about any of our games anymore. It's been an uphill climb and I'm losing faith in this year. I felt like we may finish with a near-.500 record, but I think that's even unlikely. We look like a good team that just finds ways to lose. We're far too undisciplined and I'm not sure we can use that to beat the Rams, who actually have a good DL and I am scared about what they will do to our OL. I just hope Joe doesn't get hurt.

God knows we'll be going against Aaron-freaking-Donald here.
--------
Our oline is going to get eaten up.
---------
Their defense is gonna destroy us. So is Todd Gurley.
---------
When's the last time a running back did ANYTHING to us?
---------
Todd Gurley isn't just a running back...
--------
Neither is Le'veon Bell, and he rarely has big games against us. There's a reason we don't allow 100 yard rushers. Plus the hype behind this guy is to much IMO, he's a rookie on a one dimensional offense about to go against one of the best run stuffing teams in years.
--------
I'm not saying he's going to have a career day, but did you see us missing tackles, barely able to tackle yeldon. Wouldn't shock me at all if he puts up over 100 and it wouldn't shock me if he puts up 50. He's an elusive power runner... Should be interesting.
--------
We just lost to the jaguars
--------
Likely will come down to 1 possession. Expecting another game like today. Rams D is nice but beatable
-------
They just got dismantled by the Bears at home so not exactly a juggernaut coming to town, but like was said, who cares at this point one way or the other. The Ravens obviously can't beat anyone
--------
At this point I just don't even know.....

These are not the Ravens I have grown to know and love. I can only make a sensible prediction based on the information given to me. The information I have is we could win by three or loose by five.

We play amazing and we look horrible all with in three or four snaps of each other.

I dont believe in luck, but if I did, we would have nothing but bad luck.

Football is a game of inches and seconds. Neither of which seem to fall to our favor this season.

We have the potential to be a very good team. Maybe not great, but definitely good. Better than 2-7 I recon.

If I were forced to make a prediction I would say Ravens by one.
Just because I want my team to win.
---------
Gurley or not, we'll probably lose.
---------
If Gurley gets past Brandon Williams im not sure anyone can stop him.
---------
I'm thinking we lose 21-24 with the Ravens giving up a 108 yard kickoff return in the final seconds to Tavon Austin.
--------
Well i believe we have a chance, i'm not sure how the rams play outside of stadiums. And they just got dismantled by Chicago and Todd G is questionable so that leaves us with........

Who am i kidding who cares.
--------
I just want to see if the coaches can get the players to cut out the STUPID penalties.........
--------
good game for da RAMS 2 rebound.
---------
This could be the game that gets ugly.
---------
This will be a good litmus test for the state of our OL and Trestman's ability to plan and adjust.

Ultimately it'll be a one-score game that we lose because in the last drive we either can't get off the field or our offence stalls, but if we can look sharp on offence outside of that final drive I'll be content.
---------
I believe this team will end up the worst in Ravens history . No heart , no discipline , poor coaching, lacks fundamentals . It has every bad trait of the very worst teams out there .
---------
Should be a tough day for our offense but I trust our run defense and their O-line is not all that good. Should be yet another close game
--------
All I know is that we'll lose. If by some miracle we win, it won't be by more than 3 points.
--------
Cutler and Jeremy Langford surely put a dent on that stout Rams D, multiple 80+ yard scores..hopefully they are tired after all those big plays and will maybe allow us to make a couple...

then of course our D will give up a big play with seconds remaining, Rams steal the win, as per usual.
-------
This game will be a win. Foles literally may be the worst starting QB in the NFL. The run D will be able to contain Gurley.

On O, we will have our troubles but they will put up some points. I think this is the one game where we can win by more than a touchdown.
-------
Well this is interesting, the Rams have named Case Keenum as their starting QB for this week. Would say he looks like a pro bowler but their line is bad enough that we may actually get to the QB this week.
---------
Raven killer Case Keenum gets the nod
---------
Terrible news for the Ravens; look for Case to put up HOF numbers on Sunday. smh
--------
Rams are trying hard to get into the top 5 to get Goff. They are just trying the throw their season putting in Case Keenum.
-------
I really don't think Gurley's rushing will hurt us ..... but his ability to catch out of the backfield plus a total lack of any secondary defense will most likely produce another loss. What I foresee is multiple pass interference calls against Jimmy Smith that'll cost us big yardage in penalties. You can't be giving up PI calls in the red zone and can't present the opposition with a short field and not expect them to score.
--------
The Realist in me: The Rams are the better team.
The Idealist in me: I wish this game was against the Patriots. It would be a better narrative especially if we won. It would be our SB this season.
The Dreamer in me: The Rams lose the game based on stupid penalties, terrible officiating, dumb playcalling and poor play.
The Passionate Football Historian in me: We play the perfect game - win or lose.
The Fan in me: We've got nothing to lose so we win.
--------
The Realist in me: These Ravens are a bad team like most 2-7 teams are.
The Idealist in me: The Ravens could dominate their opponents on both sides of the ball an entire game to win.
The Dreamer in me: Dreams that the Ravens could play the way that they talk in their weekly pressers.
The Passionate Football Historian in me: The Ravens past behavior in these games for 9 weeks now is a good predictor of their behavior in future games.
The Fan in me: Watches the game whether the Ravens win or lose.
--------
The Realist in me: This season is toast. Let's just ruin the Steelers chances.
The Idealist in me: This could be the game where it all clicks.
The Dreamer in me: Dreams that they cand do what's never been done and win out and 9-7 wins a WC spot.
The Passionate Football Historian in me: Has flashbacks to 2007 and that same hope and disappointment.
The Fan in me: Always roots for them to win like it means a SB Title.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Sounds a lot like what Bears fans were saying...

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
the Ravens giving up a 108 yard kickoff return in the final seconds to Tavon Austin.
good game for da RAMS 2 rebound.
I believe this team will end up the worst in Ravens history . No heart , no discipline , poor coaching, lacks fundamentals . It has every bad trait of the very worst teams out there .
Raven killer Case Keenum gets the nod
---------
Terrible news for the Ravens; look for Case to put up HOF numbers on Sunday
A few of my favorites! I hope they are all accurate and/or come True!!

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
"I'm thinking we lose 21-24 with the Ravens giving up a 108 yard kickoff return in the final seconds to Tavon Austin"

I love how Austin is going to return a kick 108 yards yet he doesn't return kickoffs.

FRO

Legend
If we lose to the Ravens, it is all over. 3 tough games on the schedule, and we can really only lose one of them. We have to take care of business against the lesser teams.

RamzFanz

Damnit
If we lose to the Ravens, it is all over. 3 tough games on the schedule, and we can really only lose one of them. We have to take care of business against the lesser teams.

We need to win out most likely. At least Cinci looks mortal after last night.

FRO

Legend
We need to win out most likely. At least Cinci looks mortal after last night.
We are totally capable of beating every team on our schedule. We are also capable of losing out. If we are serious we have to beat the Ravens. If we can't take care of business there we might as well pack it in.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
Raven killer Case Keenum... LOL

Keenum hasn't had a bad NFL career. He's had some big games. The only thing was he pretty much tanked when HOU tanked late 2013. His ball doesn't float at all despite an average arm. Must be good mechanics.

He did beat them last year when he went back to HOU. Now he his getting his first start here and has a great shot to beat them again. Pretty funny!

ramsince62

Hall of Fame

Sadly it's already over, maybe not numerically, but the chance this offense can materially pick it up is extremely thin....lets not forget the make-up of this OL. :sick:

FRO

Legend
Sadly it's already over, maybe not numerically, but the chance this offense can materially pick it up is extremely thin....lets not forget the make-up of this OL. :sick:
While you are probably right, this team has the talent to go on a run. If they lose this week I give them a 1% chance of making the playoffs. Right now I give them a 25% chance.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious

12% chance at 4-5 record historically.

Now that number changes pretty drastically if we win, and it only goes up with each win.

Realistically, as long as Case can convert on 3 or 4 more 3rd downs, our offense would be much improved.

3rd down and no turnovers, that's all we need Case to do.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
12% chance at 4-5 record historically.

Now that number changes pretty drastically if we win, and it only goes up with each win.

Realistically, as long as Case can convert on 3 or 4 more 3rd downs, our offense would be much improved.

3rd down and no turnovers, that's all we need Case to do.

OK, does it factor in what's happened to this OL? Does it take into account the abysmal point production to date?

I get it Chris, I just don't believe it's going to make that much difference as far as getting to a playoff birth. I also suspect Tavon and Welker may well get lost down field to this 6'1" scrambler....he could well make some things happen, especially this weekend....but ultimately.....................:cautious:

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
he could well make some things happen, especially this weekend....but ultimately.....................:cautious:

I'm not going to beat the drum much longer... but this points to the root of the problem:
* Bad Oline
* Average, at best WRs and TEs
* Poor game planning and in-game adjustments

Yes, Keenum might give them a spark for a game or two. But I believe these other elements will eventually overcome him. That's why replacing a starting QB for performance usually doesn't end well.

After a short while, he'll get figured out and you're back to what you are. Then what? Fisher said something about Foles may start again in the future?

I hope we at least get a spark out of Keenan but I firmly believe he is not the "rest of the season" antidote to what ails this offense.

It goes deeper than just the QB.

FRO

Legend
I'm not going to beat the drum much longer... but this points to the root of the problem:
* Bad Oline
* Average, at best WRs and TEs
* Poor game planning and in-game adjustments

Yes, Keenum might give them a spark for a game or two. But I believe these other elements will eventually overcome him. That's why replacing a starting QB for performance usually doesn't end well.

After a short while, he'll get figured out and you're back to what you are. Then what? Fisher said something about Foles may start again in the future?

I hope we at least get a spark out of Keenan but I firmly believe he is not the "rest of the season" antidote to what ails this offense.

It goes deeper than just the QB.
Oh it definately goes deeper than Foles. The receivers suck and so does the line. Only above average player on our offense is Gurley. That being said Foles play warranted getting benched. I also doubt Keenum fixes our offense. We look to have another 6-10 to 7-9 season.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
While you are probably right, this team has the talent to go on a run. If they lose this week I give them a 1% chance of making the playoffs. Right now I give them a 25% chance.

I would agree with you (IF) I believed this OL was sound, it's not and it all begins there. Can they win a few tight ones against equally challenged offenses, sure,..... but I don't believe consistently.

I also fear that Tavon won't finish the season, he's just too small to play a primary role and like Gurley, there's a tendency to lean heavily on them both. As for Gurley, I love how he finishes runs, but at this point, I'm hating "some" of his hurdles. I'm OIK with them near the line of scrimmage, but that one where he hurdled downfield at speed scared the crap out of me. Primarily because he was running so fast, when he was partially grabbed in mid air, he then landed sort of awkwardly and I could almost "feel" the stress on his knee.

Just as with the saying that when you pass the ball, 3 things can happen and two of them are bad also applies (IMO), to running backs leaving their feet, especially at high speed. :whistle: