What Ravens Fans Are Saying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
every time we "should win" we get our asses kicked and the games we "should lose" we win or its really close.

games like this scare me.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
After this last week, I have no ability to get angered by opposing fans disrespecting us. How can I after the brutal loss to a less talented team? We can all pile on Nick Foles, and he does deserve a lot of the blame, but our defense was abused by Jay freakin Cutler and some no name WR/TE.. Yeah, I want a win here in Baltimore, but I expect nothing but inconsistency.

Athos

Legend
I don't know why everyone is on our wr's lately. Britt, Quick, Austin, those guys don't suck. They haven't combined to be as good as we'd like them to, but they are far from terrible and definitely don't suck.
QB has been an issue, but like many said before the season, we committed to taking a chance with an inexperienced line and that has caused issues from an execution standpoint.
Hopefully we can slow the game down this week. Pound the rock, throw screens, Quick outs, etc to keep them from loading the box. We just have to play ball.

Our group is dead average at best. I've still not seen enough evidence our WRs can get open, sans Welker, on anything that doesn't involved a playfake.

They are servicable. But I grant you, it's hard to know how bad or good they can be.... when Foles' dreadful accuracy combines with his blindness in seeing the ones that do work wide open.

Crap shoot eh?

I'd just be happy if Keenum can play a big of Russel Wilson and scramble around until guys get open and make the plays when they present themselves.

Even completing just 2-3 more 3rd downs would be huge for this team.

FRO

Legend
Our group is dead average at best. I've still not seen enough evidence our WRs can get open, sans Welker, on anything that doesn't involved a playfake.

They are servicable. But I grant you, it's hard to know how bad or good they can be.... when Foles' dreadful accuracy combines with his blindness in seeing the ones that do work wide open.

Crap shoot eh?

I'd just be happy if Keenum can play a big of Russel Wilson and scramble around until guys get open and make the plays when they present themselves.

Yeah our WR group is below average and probably bottom tier of the league. Had the Rams ignored me in 2013 and listened to you we would be much better off.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
Yeah our WR group is below average and probably bottom tier of the league. Had the Rams ignored me in 2013 and listened to you we would be much better off.
Who are the top 3 WRs on the Patriots, Packers, Seahawks...etc. It doesn't really matter who the WRs are if you have a good system or a great QB. Right now it looks like we have neither.
Not arguing that we have the best WRs in the NFL, just sayin they're more than good enough to get the job done if the QB gets them the ball.

FRO

Legend
Who are the top 3 WRs on the Patriots, Packers, Seahawks...etc. It doesn't really matter who the WRs are if you have a good system or a great QB. Right now it looks like we have neither.
Not arguing that we have the best WRs in the NFL, just sayin they're more than good enough to get the job done if the QB gets them the ball.
The problem is getting the next Brady or Rodgers is very hard to do. What made Wilson so successful was having the number 1 defense and the number 1 offense. I understand you can win with bottom tier receivers, but that shouldn't be a reason not to try and aspire to get better receivers. It's easier to get better receivers than get a HOF QB.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
No joke. If it's a tough divisional opponent I would be confident.

Foreal, I sound like a crazy person to my co workers and friends.

Week 1 "we're gonna smash the hawks, we got this"

Week 2 "idk man we might lose this one"

They'll never understand me like a Rams fan will, lol.

Penguin.

Rookie
It sounds like these guys are talking about our team as well. We are the better team, but I mean lets be real. These guys will win. We are going through so much right now it honestly depresses me to watch the team I cannot stand to not watch.

Sleepy1711

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Did anyone catch last week where the Packers and Bengals lost to lesser teams?? It happens..

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Did anyone catch last week where the Packers and Bengals lost to lesser teams?? It happens..
Their are a lot of 4-5 teams in both the AFC and NFC at this point in the season!! I think anything can happen!!

Sleepy1711

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Their are a lot of 4-5 teams in both the AFC and NFC at this point in the season!! I think anything can happen!!

Yup.. I just want to be optimistic, rather be happy than sad..

This team is too talented, I hoping for 7 straight! WOohooo....

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm not going to beat the drum much longer... but this points to the root of the problem:
* Bad Oline
* Average, at best WRs and TEs
* Poor game planning and in-game adjustments

Yes, Keenum might give them a spark for a game or two. But I believe these other elements will eventually overcome him. That's why replacing a starting QB for performance usually doesn't end well.

After a short while, he'll get figured out and you're back to what you are. Then what? Fisher said something about Foles may start again in the future?

I hope we at least get a spark out of Keenan but I firmly believe he is not the "rest of the season" antidote to what ails this offense.

It goes deeper than just the QB.

Fuck it. Keenum is going to light a fire under our asses and the Rams are going to run the table somehow. We anoint Keenum as our new Warner/Bulger.

Do I sound batshit insane right now? Yep. Am I wrong? Most likely. But I'm going to cling to this until I'm proven wrong.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Bottom line , Keenum's release is a minimum 1/2 second faster than Foles, and he sets his feet quicker. And if we complete half of the missed open receivers/fucked up throws , we're in, and maybe even win these last two games.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bottom line , Keenum's release is a minimum 1/2 second faster than Foles, and he sets his feet quicker. And if we complete half of the missed open receivers/freaked up throws , we're in, and maybe even win these last two games.

I also think he's a more decisive passer.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Hopefully we can slow the game down this week. Pound the rock, throw screens, Quick outs, etc to keep them from loading the box. We just have to play ball

Yeah, but isn't that the secret to success every week ??? They simply aren't doing it enough...

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/2015/11/18/9752036/scouting-report-rams-offensive-weapons

Ravens vs Rams: Scouting the Rams offensive weapons
By Kyle Barber@KylePhoeniX34

usa-today-8927904.0.jpg

Jeff Curry-USA TODAY Sports

Who will gash the Ravens?

The St. Louis Rams, not very known as of late as an offensive powerhouse may now possess enough weapons to punish the Ravens through the air, and on the turf.

The starting depth chart for the Rams consist of:

WR: Kenny Britt, Tavon Austin, Brian Quick, Wes Welker

TE: Jared Cook, Lance Kendricks

RB: Todd Gurley, Tre Mason

Reading through the names, you're not quite terrified of these players, yet we should be. Mainly because we don't have any defenders capable of stopping these players. The wide receiving corps consisting of two lightning fast players (Tavon & Wes) will be damaging a sluggish and embarrassing Ravens secondary. Welker on nine snaps was targeted six times. He made 3 receptions for 32 yards, and was undoubtedly helpful with less than two weeks of playbook under his belt. This can only mean he gets better.

Alongside another bolt of lightning Tavon Austin will use all the agile possible to duck, dodge, dip, dive, and dodge Baltimore Raven tacklers, and we all know how badly everybody is at that besides Will Hill. Expect the short passes to become first downs, painfully caused due to bad coverage and worse tackling. Kenny Britt is another threat the Ravens will hope to contain as his route tree is almost complete. His short, intermediate, and deep routes are all available, and his size mixed with speed is adequate in playing. Jimmy Smith can match up well, but don't expect him to be shadowing all game with the Dean Pees defense.

The most impressive rookie back out of the draft so far, Todd Gurley, will be making his first appearance against the Baltimore Ravens, and in my mind the defense has the capabilites to clamp down on the run game. Although Todd Gurley is ranked the 10th best back by PFF, even with his missed games, Baltimore's run defense is still very capable, especially against a middling O-line. Expect C.J. Mosley to have direct orders to stare down TGIII all game, and Brandon Williams to dominate any attempts at the run.

Tight Ends will be the wildcard match-up as the Ravens linebacker depth are nothing special, and the tight end strength for St. Louis is nothing overpowering. Jared Cook is a good tight end, but nothing amazing. Yet, in games I've seen him blow up over 100 and multiple scores.

This is a big factor. So far this season Cook has been very mediocre, with 22 catches for 290 yards and not a single touchdown. To compare Crockett Gillmore looks very similar at 24 catches for 284 yards, but 4 touchdowns. Both good, but nothing special.

Another huge factor will be the quarterback situation. Nick Foles has been benched and Case Keenum will be the starting quarterback. This is neither good nor bad for the Ravens as Foles has been mediocre to bad, and Keenum doesn't seem like the player to absolutely devastate the opposition. Yet again, Josh McCown didn't either.

Overall, a big factor will be Keenum attempting to get the ball off quickly and getting Welker, Britt, and Austin room to run, and forcing the Ravens to not load the box against Todd Gurley and the running game.
---------
Uh Oh
Cook hasn’t had a good game all year?
Sunday he gets 2 TDs 100 yards
Any other player who hadn’t done well? He’ll bounce back against us.
---------
Gurley is an absolute monster, cannot wait to see what he looks like in person.
--------
http://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/20...de-receiver-chris-givens-tops-the-depth-chart

Ravens wide receiver Chris Givens tops the depth chart
By Matthew Stevens@MatthewS_balt

usa-today-8886115.0.jpg

Mark J. Rebilas-USA TODAY Sports

With veteran wide receiver Steve Smith Sr. out for the season due to his torn Achilles tendon, the Ravens needed to figure out who could replace him. No receiver on the depth chart could match his intensity or production thus far into the season, but the Ravens needed to put someone into his spot and hopefully make an impact in the coming 7 weeks. We introduce Chris Givens to the mix.

Checking out the latest depth chart, wide receiver Chris Givens is starting at the right wide receiver position, opposite Kamar Aiken.

WRs_week10.0.jpg

It is interesting given that Givens was a receiver the Ravens traded for in week 4, giving the St. Louis Rams a 2018 7th-round draft pick in exchange. Since that trade, Givens has quickly gotten used to the offense and gained a reporte with quarterback Joe Flacco.

In the 4 games as a Baltimore Raven, Givens has caught 6 balls for 106 yards. If Joe Flacco was more accurate this season, Givens would have right around 160 yards on 7 receptions and a touchdown to boast about. Even without Flacco's underthrown ball, Givens averages 17.7 yards per reception at this time, putting him well above the other receivers on the team in that stat.

A former high school track star, Givens clearly has the speed that the Ravens have lacked on the outside since the departure of Torrey Smith to the San Francisco 49ers in the offseason.

While not exactly the second-round pick that Torrey Smith was, the Ravens get a player that matches up about as close as you could ask for, all for a 7th-round pick. I'd take that all day long if I were Ozzie Newsome.

Givens has been in the league with the Rams for 3 seasons, sliding further down the depth chart as he went along. However, a lot of that can be attributed to poor quarterback play on a team that just wasn't very good. Givens' rookie season was his best, putting up 42 receptions for 698 yards and 3 touchdowns. With a larger armed, and without question better quarterback, Givens should be able to see at least that level of production. He is already beating the yards per catch average he had in his best season in St. Louis by over a yard per catch.

Few people would look at Chris Givens as think that he will be able to replicate the success of Steve Smith Sr. or even Torrey Smith, but if given a chance like he is right now, he might surprise all of us. At 2-6, the Ravens don't really seem to be in a spot to not give shots to their young players to see who can ball.
---------
Flacco can finally play with his brand new toy
In all seriousness Givens looks to be a huge boost. Not just the speed but his back shoulder catch was one of the best of the season.
Defenses will be stacking the box for the next couple of weeks so Givens will be really valuable
--------
You guys got a speedster for sure
I’m glad to see he’s going to get a chance to shine in B-More…something they simply don’t allow in St. Louis.

Good dude too. Wishing him the best of luck.
-------
He's got one route. A go route
And he’s damn good at it. I picked him up in fantasy. Hope he does well! Except against us of course
---------
Defense will still blow our 40 point lead
Foles will throw the game winning dagger with 0 seconds left

And I’ll cry under my bed all night long
--------
Janoris Jenkins will have something to say about that
No, literally, in a tweet after the game.
-------
Givens is a nice receiver. He'll do you well.
His limitation is the first couple times running new routes. He seems like he tends to think more about the route than catching. Once he gets the route down and plays, he’s an extremely valuable guy. St. Louis Rams have had more issues than they have fixed on the offense. Fans complain about the receivers, but smart passes are a bigger issue.

tragic891

UDFA
I'm not going to beat the drum much longer... but this points to the root of the problem:
* Bad Oline
* Average, at best WRs and TEs
* Poor game planning and in-game adjustments

Yes, Keenum might give them a spark for a game or two. But I believe these other elements will eventually overcome him. That's why replacing a starting QB for performance usually doesn't end well.

After a short while, he'll get figured out and you're back to what you are. Then what? Fisher said something about Foles may start again in the future?

I hope we at least get a spark out of Keenan but I firmly believe he is not the "rest of the season" antidote to what ails this offense.

It goes deeper than just the QB.

Exactly..rams Offense is just terrible all around.

Oh it definately goes deeper than Foles. The receivers suck and so does the line. Only above average player on our offense is Gurley. That being said Foles play warranted getting benched. I also doubt Keenum fixes our offense. We look to have another 6-10 to 7-9 season.

Austin and maybe Welker are also above average...
Everyone else is either trash or just simply not good

I have zero confidence in this Rams team at this point. They should win this game but which Rams team will show up?

Also the Ravens are indeed better than their record indicates. I know their fans are traumatized, but that's just because they're used to winning; walk a season in our shoes and they'd be able to see some positives in their team.

IMO: flip a coin for this game in terms of who will win it. I am just not confident.
I feel this way as well... NO game is a shoe in win with this team.. u never know how the Rams will play.

Crap shoot eh?

Trust me our WRs and TEs are terrible or not that good... watch other NFL teams and you will see exactly what im talking about.

Every single WR on those teams are better than ANY/MOST WR in a St. Louis Rams uniform....
Especially the Packers