What Eagles Fans Are Saying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
Keller. My younger boy graduated from Central H.S there and now attends TX St. down in San Marcos.
Keller is a nice city, but VERY cookie-cutter. To me, it's too far away from everything, just like Frisco. I was born and raised in Irving. Dallas rules...Fort Worth is a damn time-machine. Lol.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://igglephans.com/

Uh Oh
Rams starting a nobody at QB - does not bode well.
---------
Not to mention I got an email from the Eagles yesterday with the subject header "Homefield Advantage in the Eagles' Favor" stating that the Eagles have won six straight at home. I guess they don't count the playoff game.

Tailgayte jinx may be in full effect.
----------
I am trying to recall a Eagles Flashback moment where we embarrased the Rams that will be played? Maybe Hank Baskett's 90 Yard TD catch from this game:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=280907021
----------
Get ready for Austin Davis/Montana/Elway/Fouts/Tarkenton/Namath
---------
http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2014/10/2/6889919/eagles-vs-rams-st-louis-unpredictable

Eagles vs. Rams: St. Louis is unpredictable
By Brandon Lee Gowton@BrandonGowton on Oct 2 2014

20140914_jla_sv7_704.jpg.0_standard_709.0.jpg

Kim Klement-USA TODAY Sports

St. Louis Rams writer Joe McAtee of Turf Show Times took the time to answer questions about the upcoming Eagles-Rams game on Sunday, October 5.

With the Philadelphia Eagles and St. Louis Rams scheduled to face off on Sunday, I reached out to our friends/enemies over at Turf Show Times. The great 3k kindly took the time to answer my questions.

Let's take a look at the answers.

1) What's going on with the Rams quarterback situation - present and future? What's an "Austin Davis"? Sam Bradford is obviously out for the season, but is he totally done in St. Louis?

Austin Davis will start for Rams against EaglesMathis, Kelce targeting Week 10 return
Who the eff knows. Until August 23rd, Rams fans were hoping 2014 would be a breakout year for Sam Bradford. Following the injury, the hope was that the veteran expertise of Shaun Hill would help manage an offense that could lean on the running game to allow the defense to win games. That lasted one regular season half.

And while Austin Davis looked overwhelmed in the second half of the season opener, he was the one who managed the win at Tampa and helped the Rams out to what should have been an insurmountable 21-0 lead early against the Cowboys. So as for right now, I don't know what an Austin Davis is. But I like it more than I hate it.

As for the offseason, I think that's just so far away. Rams fans are eager to see what Davis can do now that he's permanently (or at least semi-permanently) been handed the starting gig. I wouldn't count Sam Bradford out of the Rams' future only because HC Jeff Fisher and GM Les Snead have already displayed a stubborn attachment to him, vocalizing their absolute commitment to him before the 2014 NFL Draft in which they could have brought in someone with perhaps better credentials than Davis.

That assumes that both are still around. The discontent among fans is palpable, and there's certainly a possibility that this season gets much worse. Throw in the talk this week on the local ESPN Radio affiliate that the Rams already have one foot on the team plane to ship the franchise back to Los Angeles, and the future looks...cloudy.

2) Why hasn't wide receiver Tavon Austin lived up to exceptions as the No. 8 pick in the 2013 NFL Draft? How soon do you think the Rams are willing to cut bait with him (so that Chip Kelly can get his greedy hands all over him)?

Well, every Rams fan would tell you that the tenure of OC Brian Schottenheimer hasn't been all that enjoyable. The misuse of Austin continues to perturb the fan base in new and (not) exciting ways, including a pair of runs in the 2nd quarter against Minnesota in which Austin lined up as a RB and was sent between the tackles...a power running base with a 5'8", 176-pound tailback doesn't exactly spell success. Outside of how the Rams have used him, he did admit to some issues with the playbook last year.

And he's not a very elusive guy in terms of any agility to pull of the kind of jukes that leave a defender crumpled or the balance to take contact and remain upright. So it's not all on Schottenheimer. That being said though, Rams fans are certainly hoping for more production when he gets back on the field, which could be as early as Sunday. (And I'd be surprised if he's not a Ram for the reminder of at least his rookie contract, good through 2016.)

3) I'm generally against the idea of hiring retread coaches. What do you make of the Rams' future direction under head coach Jeff Fisher?

Well, the Rams were in the absolute bottom of the NFL before Fisher. People forget just how bad they were, and certainly as Eagles fans, it's not like you guys have known that level of failure. From 2007-2011, the Rams won a total of 15 games. In five years. The last stretch you guys had that comes anywhere close was from 1982-1986, and you still won 11 more games than we did in our five-season cellar run.

So just getting back to mediocrity with back-to-back seven-win seasons the last two years is an improvement, and I'd argue a not minor one. That being said, constant improvement is always demanded if you're not a top tier team. Even though the trajectory looks good for this team, it has to materialize in the record. Being in the NFC West certainly doesn't make things easy right now, but that's the reality Fisher is being paid to navigate.

4) What is the biggest strength and weakness of this Rams team?

I honestly think the biggest strength is unpredictability. Austin Davis is still not an entirely known quantity. The offensive line still has their best football in front of them, as does RB Zac Stacy. Hell, UDFA RB Trey Watts had five carries last week while 2014 3rd round pick Tre Mason hasn't seen the field. #2 overall pick Greg Robinson has barely had more PT than Mason. The WR corps hasn't been available in its entirety yet, and is being led by Brian Quick. In his first two seasons, Quick totaled 29 catches for 458 yards. He has 16 catches for 235 yards in three games this year.

The D-line is hamstrung by opponents' gameplans and the secondary hasn't forced those offenses to call in a sufficient number of plays that would allow the D-line to disrupt. So I think the nature of being the youngest team in the league with a new defensive coordinator and a new starting QB is lending itself toward some difficulty for opponents' preparations.

As for the prime weakness, I'd say mentality. Granted, as the youngest team in the NFL, that's probably to be expected. It's just so glaring. Since Jeff Fisher took over as head coach in 2012, the Rams have led the NFL (in the bad way) in penalties and penalty yardage. Just in 2014, the Rams have given up 305 penalty yards; their opponents have given up just 105. The Rams have committed penalties that gave nine first downs to opponents; they received only two first downs via penalty.

Throw in the miscommunication (see: Dez Bryant's 68-yard TD being guarded by.........nobody), the irresponsibility (see: Jared Cook dropping an easy TD which leads to Jared Cook shoving his own QB on the sideline) and it just doesn't seem like this team has it together mentally. My concern is that they can't even hold it together for 60 minutes of football to get the best out of them.

5) Let's hear a score prediction. Who wins this game and why?

Brandon, I just have no clue what the Rams are right now. They looked lost against Minnesota, especially as the game got out of hand after battling for two and a half quarters down just 13-3. The offense was anemic, which isn't surprising considering you had a QB switch at halftime among two quarterbacks who aren't exactly the most talented options in the league.

They battled through a win on the road in week two, but might have lost had Tampa WR Mike Evans not been injured on the last play leading to a clock run off that ended the game. Then they exploded early and imploded thereafter against the Cowboys.

My worry is that you guys jump out to a lead and we're making desperate adjustments while you're making the comfortable ones to keep us at bay. My hope is something closer to the first half of the Cowboys game, though I'd prefer a slow build than a shootout, especially with you guys. I'll say 27-20 Eagles, but here's hoping that instability works out in our favor on Sunday.
-----------

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-d-Hf5Zzn4

I like how the Rams D is coming together and do like Fisher but what in the hell is this??? I would be embarrassed as hell to be a fan

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Just a few Quotes I Liked!:
Come play against the Philadelphia Eagles defense
where every QB looks like a superstar!

They also have barn-burners for WR’s. The type our corners clearly struggle against.

I'm pretty sure he's gonna burn us

Congrats in advance on your first 400 yard, 3 TD game Mr. Davis

Come play against the Philadelphia Eagles defense
where every QB looks like a superstar!

Will be a household name by Sunday night.

We are SCREWED. Foles is known for holding it too long.
I just hope the Eagles feel the same way their fan's Do!:D

AZRamsFan93

Keller is a nice city, but VERY cookie-cutter. To me, it's too far away from everything, just like Frisco. I was born and raised in Irving. Dallas rules...Fort Worth is a damn time-machine. Lol.
Perspective I guess. My sister owns a 3 acre place in Keller near the border with Southlake. Great spot. Way better than Irving IMHO.

I could live in Southlake. Nice town.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I know you native Texicans love the place, I just don't get it.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The eagles freaking suck monster balls, I almost broke my computer screen when the 9ers won last week. freak the eagles and eveyrbody that loves them. Zackary stacey, Austin Davis, Brian Quick are going to run a train on those motherfuckers
Maybe you could be a little Clearer about your FEELINGS toward the Eagles!

ChrisW

Stating the obvious

I have 2 aunts that live in Highland Park. Damn nice place.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Hey Rynie, glad to see you. A Cowboy fan in a Eagles thread on a Ram board...Gotta love it. As a kid we lived in Sinton which is a small town about 30 miles from Corpus. My dad ran the Western Auto store there. The food is wonderful and I'm sure there are a few here who can vouch for my love of texas music like Willie, SRV and ZZ. I never was a Cowboy fan though, even then. Sorry. I can tell you that it aint easy sporting a Bradshaw jersey in a small texas town in 1975.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
Perspective I guess. My sister owns a 3 acre place in Keller near the border with Southlake. Great spot. Way better than Irving IMHO.

I could live in Southlake. Nice town.
Oh yeah, irving has become a shithole. But it's MY shithole.:mustache:

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
Decided to take over this forum, as the Eagles will take over the Rams on Sunday. I am helping Rams fans prepare for the devastation of a loss, leading to another season missing the playoffs. Your team has become the Redskins of the NFC West.
go troll somewhere else. the NFC East is the biggest fucking joke of the NFL. overrated, overpaid, media hyped, man child players tied together by rich, overbearing idiotic owners. all the while NFL network and ESPN suck the tit of the NFC East just to keep them relevant and keep ratings up so they dont drown in the real competition of other teams and divisions.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
go troll somewhere else.

Ease up there. JK is a good Cowboys troll, especially during Eagles week. The enemy of my enemy is my friend. :cool:
-------------------
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=554922

Week 5 GDT: St. Louis Rams (1-2) @ Philadelphia Eagles (3-1)

A game against one of the lesser teams in the league sandwiched between two NFC East Rival games. I can see the players overlooking the Rams for the Giants next week.
----------
Aaron Donald vs molk should be a doozy
icon_sad.gif

Really no excuse to lose this game barring catastrophic injuries. Maclin should eat that janoris Jenkins guy for lunch too. Think eagles have won 6 of last 7 home games, let's hope the trend continues
----------
I wouldn't bet on that. JJ has been studly this year. Even shadowed Dez against Dallas and played great in that game. One of the few guys on our defense actually playing up to potential.
---------
Need a win, simple as that. Need our swagger back on offense.

'Bout to see our Defense make Austin Davis look like a stud
-----------
I can't take another spike in blood pressure this weekend. This team is going to be the death of me. Hopefully the offensive line makes strides with Lane back in the mix, and the Rams defensive line keeps forgetting who they are.
---------
Rams 30th in league in opponent ypc. If ever there's a week.....
---------
Let's hope they get things straighten out up front of Foles will be under duress all day vs the Rams as well. They too are basically fighting for their season this week. Going 1-4 is a death sentence so they too have nothing to lose. Which typically is the worst kind of team to play.
---------
Rams was dead when Bradford went down
---------
I have a feeling Kenny Britt is gonna go HAM against this defense. How has he looked jrry?
---------
Has looked better each week. Davis barely missed him on two deep balls against Dallas after he got behind Carr. Could have had a huge day.

But Brian Quick is the guy who has really come into his own.
--------
Ugh, I forgot about Britt. Could be another long Sunday.
---------
I'm more nervous about Brian Quick. He matches up well against Cary and Fletch... as do most people. Britt is the WR everyone keeps expecting to breakout but never does.

I'm curious to see how Boykin handles Tavon Austin.
--------
I have Zac Stacy in both of my fantasy leagues, so I actually don't have any time to worry about the inevitable chagrin of the Eagles secondary. But hopefully Boykin locks it down, and Malcolm Jenkins continues to make plays. That's, like, a 20% success rate.
---------
If anyone is feeling down here, you are facing the right team to cheer you up.

Expect McCoy to have his best game so far, expect to be in cruise control entering the 4th.

I'll be looking forward to see the Quinn v Peters match-up.

Anyways cheering for you guys to make it out of the NFC this year. Also wouldn't be opposed of knocking down Hill a couple times (nothing too serious) so Davis gets back in there, wanna see more of him.
--------
Donald may terrorize whomever is at center and guard. He has looked real good so far.
---------
Knowing the Rams, they'll hold Shady to something like 40 yards on 20 carries and yet allow him to have that 1 carry of 40-50 yards that boosts the heck out of his stat-line.
--------
Only guess is new scheme. Secondary is surprisingly good except for McLeod and his typical mistakes. LBs have been dreadful. Out of position and tackling poorly. DL just hasn't played near their potential.

I gotta think the scheme is factoring in with the LBs. Same with the DL although we've had some pretty rotten luck with the refs this year. But they haven't played up to potential either.

It's been weird. It seems like our run defense will look great 3 out of 4 plays but on that 4th play, they'll get gashed. Those 3 plays, they'll make TFLs or give the HB zero room to work with. Yet, somehow, on that 4th play, the team just seems lost.

That's why I'm guessing scheme. But I can't say for sure.
---------
They might. The Rams defense has made it a habit of starting slow under Fisher...then again, they've had a different DC every year so that might be why. Usually round into form somewhere between Week 5 and 9.

I hate to complain about the refs but they gotta give us a break on that side of the ball. In the Minnesota game, Quinn stripped Cassel from behind, a defensive player picked it up, and took off with no one in front of him. They called it incomplete. Obvious fumble when you watched it on replay. Of course, our coaches didn't challenge it before the next play...but then again, refs should have never blown it dead considering the play could have been reviewed had they let it go.

Against Dallas, Blakeman's crew was a true embarrassment. Let Dallas hold with impunity. On Romo's 68 yard TD, Free slung Kendall Langford to the ground as he got by him right in front of Romo(with the ref standing unobstructed with his eyes staring right where Langford went down). Even Cowboy fans were laughing at how blatant it was. It was like that most of the game, they weren't calling anything. You might think I'm exaggerating on this so...

http://www.ramsondemand.com/attachments/upload_2014-9-25_15-24-48-png.3380/
http://www.ramsondemand.com/attachments/upload_2014-9-25_15-27-7-png.3382/
http://www.ramsondemand.com/attachments/upload_2014-9-25_15-26-2-png.3381/

So if they allow that again this week, the Eagles OL will likely shut us down.
----------
I really hope the Rams D-Line doesnt have a breakout game against us, I have full faith in Peters but that's about it. I love Lane but realistically he's gonna need some time to get back into form. Even though Jrry said Rams secondary has been good and I believe him, I feel like our receivers will be fine and with the poor play of their LB's I can see Ertz and Celek making play after play.

I hope this isnt like the Vikings game from last year and I hope Nick and Shady both have great games. We dont need them to, but it would truly help their confidence.

lockdnram21

Legend
If our defense plays consistent for 4 Quarters we win this game easy. Davis and the he rest of our offense is going to show up. I alwo have a feeling our front 7 is going to come alive and give Foles hell

joeyknish

UDFA
[QUOTE="overbearing idiotic owners.[/QUOTE]

I will disagree with that statement. Jeffrey Lurie has been the consummate owner for the Eagles, who signs checks only, and leaves the management of the team to others. He must definitely is not in the same mold as Jerry Jones and Daniel Snyder.