What Eagles Fans Are Saying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Not much as of yet due to them still trying to absorb the implications of their sucky loss to the 49ers yesterday. My guess is that when the fans on the boards start discussing their upcoming game against the Rams that 75% of the comments will imply an easy win for them. The other 25% will claim it's a trap game. We shall see.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com/topic/700113-whats-wrong-with-the-eagles-run-game/

What's wrong with the Eagles' run game?
September 29, 2014, 4:00 pm

frank_byline13.png

What’s wrong with LeSean McCoy?

Absolutely nothing, Chip Kelly says.

McCoy set NFL records with his remarkable production the last few years and now he’s setting records for futility.

On Monday, a day after McCoy’s second straight astonishingly unproductive performance, Kelly insisted there’s nothing physically wrong with the two-time all-pro running back and said the Eagles’ problems in the running game are solely the product of a beat-up offensive line and nothing McCoy is doing wrong.

But 17 yards on 10 carries a week after 22 yards on 19 carries from the 2013 NFL rushing champion?

That’s unfathomable.

But Kelly maintains he doesn’t see anything different in the McCoy of 2014 than the McCoy of 2013, who ran for over 1,600 yards and over five yards a pop.

“I don’t think we’ve been able to spring him,” Kelly said Monday, a day after the Eagles suffered their first loss of the season. “We haven’t gotten him to the second level. We’re losing some battles at the line of scrimmage, so obviously it’s tough getting going and I think the same thing with the whole offense. …

“I think everybody at every position is pressing and we have to just settle down and play football.”

McCoy has rushed for just 192 yards on 70 carries, a 2.7 average. Among backs with 20 or more carries, his average ranks 45th out of 47, ahead of only Toby Gerhart and Donald Brown.

His 192 yards are the fewest through four games by a running back with 70 or more carries since Reggie Cobb had 181 in 1993.

So this is the worst start by a regular NFL running back in more than two decades.

And it’s all the offensive line?

McCoy was very brief in his postgame comments Sunday after the Eagles lost 26-21 to the 49ers in Santa Clara, Calif.

And he was vague when asked about his health.

“It doesn’t matter,” he said. “It doesn’t matter if I am healthy or not. We have to win games. I am fine.”

McCoy hurt his foot in the Patriots preseason game on Aug. 15 and left the Redskins game in the second quarter after a helmet-to-helmet hit.

But Kelly also said McCoy is fine.

“Yeah, he’s healthy,” he said. “He’s not on the treatment list. He has normal maintenance like everybody, but he doesn’t have any injuries.”

One of the big mysteries about the last few weeks is why Kelly hasn’t used Darren Sproles more as a change-up, just to see if the Eagles can get the running game going with a different type of back.

In the opener vs. the Jaguars, McCoy struggled and Sproles ran 11 times for 71 yards.

Since then, however, Sproles’ carries have gone down each week – four vs. the Colts, two vs. the Redskins and just one – for four yards – on Sunday.

Sproles’ 6.7 average is second-best among all running backs after four weeks. McCoy’s 2.7 mark is third-worst.

Over the last two weeks, McCoy has 39 yards on 29 carries. Sproles has 24 yards on three carries.

So McCoy has 15 more yards on 26 more carries.

What is wrong with this picture?

And why not at least try giving Sproles a shot?

There’s also Chris Polk, who showed his explosiveness with that 102-yard kick return but doesn’t have a carry yet this year.

“We’re not running the football at all,” Kelly said. “We’re not getting anything running the ball. We’re banged up up front. It’s not the ball carrier. I don’t see it as it’s the ball carrier right now.

“We’re not generating what we need to do in the run game at all, so it doesn’t matter who we’re giving it to, if we give it to LeSean or Chris or Darren or whoever in that situation, that’s not what we’re seeing.”

So then what is the problem?

The Eagles last year led the NFL with 160 rushing yards per game and 5.1 per carry.

This year, they are 23rd at 87 yards per game and 22nd at 3.6 yards per carry.

“We got to get everybody to execute,” Kelly said. “It’s a byproduct of everything. We’ve got to be able to throw the ball quickly, get some people off us and spread the field. …

“We’ve got to sustain blocks a little better up front and we’ve got to hit the hole. Combination of all those things.”

rking4441

Rookie
Name
Richard
Hopefully the Egirls figure all that out week 6 against the Gmen!! I would be too terribly satisfied if the Rams hold them to a low rushing and passing total on their way to a victory!! Let's get this one guys! And extra week to game plan and The Egirls upset with their loss to 9ers we are in a good position to play on their doubts and build confidence for the tough string of games ahead.

Go Ram!

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I think it should be obvious to them that their running game has suffered as a result of having a paper mâché offensive line.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
If they can't establish the Run then here we come, time to get after Foles. The tone will be set early can their anemic run game out perform our siv like run D?

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
  1. We have one sack
  2. We can't play defense
  3. I hope we start Davis
  4. Let's go Rams!!

Jumava1968

Starter
Name
Jumava
Well let's hope that our defense can continue to give McCoy a bad time running the ball,but there's always Sproles that you have to worry about to.So they need to play their best defensive game of the year on the road.Our defensive line is due I think they will have a big game.....GO RAMS

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
The eagles can't run the ball.
We can't defend the run.
Eagles have best running game of their season so far.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The eagles can't run the ball.
We can't defend the run.
Eagles have best running game of their season so far.

http://forums.philly.com/discussion...ms_are_coming/kr-eagles/174649.1?nav=messages

Good news for Run game. Rams are coming

The good news for the run game woes this week is they get to go against the 30th ranked rushing defense this Sunday....

The Rams pass defense is 3rd, but probably because teams run at will vs them. So not only do we get Lane back and get to put Herramans back at guard, we get to go against an awful rush defense.

McCoy should have a good game which should boost his confidence some.

Plus who is playing QB for the Rams? They shouldn't score a lot of points, which should keep the game close so we should be able to run the ball pretty much all game.
-----------
Don't sleep on St. Louis. The offense has been good even without Bradford. The defense hasn't been AS bad as it looks. The offense has given up two pick 6s in 3 games and a 3rd TD off of a short field. In terms of yards per game given up they are 11th in the league. We should win this game but it won't be handed to us.
-----------
I can see it being close but I can't see them losing to them. Giants game will be tough though.
----------
They have a good DLine.

Giants, I thought everyone in our division sucked?
----------
Teams look like world beaters one week and the losers the next. Its not always who you play but when you play them.
----------
We're the better team, but not by a mile. We can't afford to have a bad even mediocre day and expect a win. Cooper and McCoy need to be on short leashes this week. And if Foles can't make the tight throws we have former #1 pick who showed us in the preaseason he can.

Williams needs to be benched. Teams simply have no respect for him anymore.
-----------
Cooper YES, Williams, McCoy and Foles nah...

We are still 3-1.... Benching them would mark panic.

I think it's too soon to do that. If we were 1-3 then I would consider that...
----------
I'm not as high on Foles's long term prospects in our system as most fans. I'm actually a bit curious to see how Sanchez would do with the starters in a regular season game. But that being said I'd be shocked if Foles was benched next week.
---------
He has to really blow for a sustained period of time for me to say to bench him.

Rambition

Rookie
yeah, the bulk of the comments seem to fall either into the "we'll beat the rams without breaking a sweat" or "it's a trap game" categories, lol.

joeyknish

UDFA
If they can't establish the Run then here we come, time to get after Foles. The tone will be set early can their anemic run game out perform our siv like run D?

Eagles fan here!

If Chip has any sense, he will include a healthy dose of Darren Sproles throughout the game to help establish the run because he has been hitting holes with authority. Hey, by the way, thank you Saints for Sproles and Jenkins - early Christmas gifts that have us 3-1 and you 1-3.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Eagles fan here!

If Chip has any sense, he will include a healthy dose of Darren Sproles throughout the game to help establish the run because he has been hitting holes with authority. Hey, by the way, thank you Saints for Sproles and Jenkins - early Christmas gifts that have us 3-1 and you 1-3.
Am I on the wrong Forum!? I thought this was Rams On Demand, Not Philly Cheeze Cake On Demand!

joeyknish

UDFA
Am I on the wrong Forum!? I thought this was Rams On Demand, Not Philly Cheeze Cake On Demand!

Decided to take over this forum, as the Eagles will take over the Rams on Sunday. I am helping Rams fans prepare for the devastation of a loss, leading to another season missing the playoffs. Your team has become the Redskins of the NFC West.

jap

Legend
Decided to take over this forum, as the Eagles will take over the Rams on Sunday. I am helping Rams fans prepare for the devastation of a loss, leading to another season missing the playoffs. Your team has become the Redskins of the NFC West.

Them thar is fighting words, son!!! :lifting::wabbit::shooting::seizure::fighting:

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler

Stay classy yeah. The fact that your pathetic enough to make an account on another teams forum just to talk complete bollocks and to troll people shows how sad you are mate

If you're going to post, actually engage in an intelligent conversation perhaps?

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Attempting a 'Hostile Take-over' are we? Good luck with that! From the looks of it, your the type that would bring a knife to a Gun fight! Bring it on!!!!

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Cheese, bread and beef very 90's if you ask me.
Here In LA it is quinoa and salmon on kale

joeyknish

UDFA
I certainly didn't see anything intelligent related to the conversation in this post: "Am I on the wrong Forum!? I thought this was Rams On Demand, Not Philly Cheeze Cake On Demand!"

However, I will concede that there was more vitriol in my response than I had intended. I am sorry.

I want to discuss the game. If you any of you guys can keep it to that, I would welcome responses.