What Eagles Fans Are Saying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I just love the "street tacos" a those little joints in San Diego and when I lived in Alta Loma there was a little place in a strip mall that had some of the best Mexican food I've ever eaten.
There was a place in Shell Beach called Tacos de Mexico. Real inventive name - eh? It was just a little shack that used to be a tiny Mexican fish market. They made the absolute best tacos including a shrimp taco with big cut up shrimp in it. Everything was just like going to the little carts in Mexico. Just awesome stuff. Even in Oregon there are some really great little shops in some of the cities that just do simple stuff - real well. It seems (unfortunately) if you can have a margarita with your meal, the food suffers. Give me the place that has a couple Mexican beers in the cooler and a walk up counter any day.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
It was years ago...like 25, don't remember the name, just some little family owned spot. Sorry.

The city is much bigger now. You probably wouldn't recognize it. Grew up here.
But yeah. So cal has great Mexican food.
Agree with 503. Stay out of the restaurants. Canned enchilada sauce shouldn't be on anything, let alone everything.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Agree with 503. Stay out of the restaurants. Canned enchilada sauce shouldn't be on anything, let alone everything.

Exactly. BTW - Thread successfully hi-jacked?

ChrisW

Stating the obvious

I love all the family owned mexican restaurants in Chicago. Can't beat a big burrito and a 32oz drink for $5.50!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...s-rams-2014-austin-davis-quarterback-st-louis

Eagles vs. Rams 2014: Austin Davis will start at quarterback for St. Louis
By Brandon Lee Gowton@BrandonGowton on Oct 1 2014, 4:19p 62

20140914_krj_db1_0307.JPG.0_standard_709.0.jpg

Jonathan Dyer-USA TODAY Sports

Starting at quarterback for the St. Louis Rams... some guy you probably aren't familiar with.

The Philadelphia Eagles now know which St. Louis quarterback they will be facing this week. The Rams have officially announced their starter, and it just so happens to be Austin Davis.

But wait, who the heck is that? I'm glad you asked. Davis, 25, is a third-year NFL quarterback that went undrafted in 2012. Davis is actually the man responsible for breaking some of Brett Favre's passing records at Southern Miss.

Davis was forced into action Week 1 when veteran Shaun Hill, who was already filling in for an injured Sam Bradford, went down with an injury. Since taking over, Davis has completed 68 passes on 94 attempts (72.3%) for 754 yards (8.0 average), 3 touchdowns, 3 interceptions, and a passer rating of 93.1. The Rams are 1-1 in two of Davis's starts, with the loss coming by three points to the 3-1 Dallas Cowboys.

Here's the reaction over at Turf Show Times:

Rams head coach Jeff] Fisher has said that there will be no "no short hook."Meaning he will not bench him after one turnover. He is trusting the Kid, and moving forward with him.

Maybe the bye week knocked some sense in him, or maybe the bye week allowed him to here the fans plea and he recognized hell would break loose if Davis was benched. I prefer to go with the latter, this way we as fans can say that we had a hand in on the decision.

But in all likelihood we had nothing to do with it. This was allAustin Davis' doing. He should he was more than ready, and prepared as well as played like a starter. His 72% completion rate and 8 YPA says he is set to possibly take a few teams by surprise. The question is will he be able to continue this level of play after a few more games of exposure.

Davis has played fairly well as far as third-string quarterbacks go. To be determined if he can keep up his success against Philadelphia.
---------
If we get beat by this guy at home I might just convince myself to stop watching Eagles this season
---------
this game should be a slam dunk.
--------
CAREERGAME. Eagles will make this guy look like Kirk Cousins…from two games ago.
--------
They also have barn-burners for WR’s. The type our corners clearly struggle against.
--------
trap game
--------
less of a trap game after such an embarrassing game against SF.
--------
I'm pretty sure he's gonna burn us
--------
Congrats in advance on your first 400 yard, 3 TD game Mr. Davis
--------
This guy's season starts Sunday. Another Joe Webb, Matt Cassell, Kirk Cousins scenario. He will have Rams fans creaming their pants when he throws 3 TDs and 350-400 yards only to see his next game go 8-25 75 yards 4 INTs…
--------
Come play against the Philadelphia Eagles defense
where every QB looks like a superstar!
-------
We came pretty close to beating the Rams in the first of four consecutive
NFC championship games. That was a heartbreaking loss.
Of the three straight losses, to me that one hurt the most.
--------
he’s looked decent, especially when Jared Cook isn’t dropping TDs
--------
Will be a household name by Sunday night.
-------
Figured I’d drop some insight on the Rams, I live in South Jersey so I know both teams well, watched every Ram game since 1997 . This is good news for us Ram fans, some excitement for a change. Davis is pretty good, if you consider a 10 qtr sample size relative. Makes good reads, has a nice touch, is pretty agile and deadly accurate on roll outs and bootlegs, which you will see alot of since our O line is,

I wont say suck, but pretty average. They haven’t played to their potential. For the first time since Holt/Bruce years, we have good WR’s. 4 of them. Problem is our OC hasnt used them well until the past two weeks. Tavon Austin especially, hes been a non factor and was dinged up, pretty sure hes healthy now. Brian Quick is the real deal. Took him 3 years to develop but hes a true #1 WR. Britt showed flashes, but hasn’t been targeted much this season.

Bailey is good, was suspended now back, very good WR, better then Tavon IMHO. Cook is a good TE when he shows up. The defense on paper looks great, but so far, not so good. The pass rush is great, but all the QB’s we have faced so far do 3 step drop passes with quick, first read passes, so no sacks, but Foles will get hammered a few times.

Linebackers are ok, watch Ogletree, good young linebacker. Laurenitis is what he is. The secondary is young, will be a good one soon, but they are still raw. Look for TJ McDonald to make some big hits/plays and Jenkins is one of the best CB’s in NFC this year. Our problems are penalties and allowing big plays. McCoy may get 10 carries and have 20 yds, then a 70 yder, has happened a few times this season. Fisher is what he is, an average coach.

All in all, I expect a close game, penalties and turnovers will decide the winner, yea its a cliche, but its true of my Rams. They have played decent, just always find away to shoot themselves in the ass it seems. Good luck to you guys, and hoping no injuries on either side. Go Rams!
----------
I completely forgot you had Britt to go along with this unknown QB!!!! We may not have a chance in this one.

So many bad memories reading through the names in this

Collins playing for an injured Vince Young going up against Kevin Kolb and the Ernie Sims led defense. Britt was benched for being in a bar fight then decided to tear apart the defense. :(
----------
We are SCREWED. Foles is known for holding it too long.
---------
"I don’t know who he is, but he’s the best QB in the NFL."

-Gruden
--------
Rams would’ve been dangerous if Sam Bradford was playing. Sucks that he is never healthy.
-------
Just watched the all-22 form the Rams-Cowboys game
He might as well be friggin’ Aaron Rodgers…
--------
Defense aside what I saw from Austin Davis was pinpoint accuracy quick decisions and vet like progression. He was getting through his first and second reads very quickly which for an Udfa rookie that’s impressive. His arm strength got him in trouble a few times but he was consistently hitting recievers in stride and in right coverage. In the second half he had some trouble recognizing those confusing nfl blitzes and that got him into trouble. He failed to see lbers when backed out of blitzes.

Leading two a pick six and a few pbu by lbers. Kendrick’s if he plays should have a pretty good game Ryan’s is going to have to use his power in the run game or Stacy is going to get going which might hurt the safteys if Wolff has to play. Wolff bits on play actions and if he doesn’t follow cook around hip for hip he’s going to hurt in the passing game.

Eagles should win this one not ready to predict a score but eagles should win. Peters should be able to keep Quinn quiet but those dts are stout. I expect Kelly to attack them early with some nice runs and even a few a gap runs to take advantage of there speed and lack of anchor. Good luck guys

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Davis has them scared. Trap game is right. :grin: I liked that Gruden quote and Aaron Rodgers comparison.

I wonder if the Rams fan from South Jersey is on this board...

CodeMonkey

Maybe the bye week knocked some sense in him, or maybe the bye week allowed him to here the fans plea and he recognized hell would break loose if Davis was benched. I prefer to go with the latter, this way we as fans can say that we had a hand in on the decision.

Or maybe it was the plan all along.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
"I don’t know who he is, but he’s the best QB in the NFL."

-Gruden

:ROFLMAO:

joeyknish

UDFA
I have to agree. Although, anymore it seems that about the only way to get good authentic Mexican food in the States is to hit the little taquerias (sp?). The big sit down restaurants generally seem to dumb down the food so they can put more bland food on a plate.

Oh sweet Moses, since coming onto this forum, I I
Now this is great!
An Eagles fan and a Cowboys fan discussing football on a Rams board.
:ROFLMAO:

Welcome back Rynie.

The schedule precipitated this.

Athos

Legend
Eagles fans sure hate their defense. I smell the stink of them pooping their pants already.

I say feed it to Cookie and Britt all day long, then burn them with some Bailey creativity. Nothing would tickle me more than to see some Iggles fans cry as Davis bombards them and Stacy gashes them.

It'd also be nice though, to ya know, keep Shady McCoy chasing his own shadow behind the LOS.

And sorry Maclin, I hope the good guy from Mizzou beats you like a drum and limits you to 0 catches.

CodeMonkey

You know I think the answer to the hurry up offense is the slowdown offense. We need to sustain those 8/9 minute drives. Own the clock.

Also, I don't know if you guys have noticed this but Philadelphia this year has played all of its football in the second half of the game. We can't stop playing football at the half. In fact, we have to kick it up a notch at the half.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Eagles fans sure hate their defense. I smell the stink of them pooping their pants already.

I say feed it to Cookie and Britt all day long, then burn them with some Bailey creativity. Nothing would tickle me more than to see some Iggles fans cry as Davis bombards them and Stacy gashes them.

It'd also be nice though, to ya know, keep Shady McCoy chasing his own shadow behind the LOS.

And sorry Maclin, I hope the good guy from Mizzou beats you like a drum and limits you to 0 catches.

No Quick?

209RamsFan

Decided to take over this forum, as the Eagles will take over the Rams on Sunday. I am helping Rams fans prepare for the devastation of a loss, leading to another season missing the playoffs. Your team has become the Redskins of the NFC West.
Take over this forum like the 69 ers took over your "high powered offense"??? Like that??

joemama

UDFA
I don't care what we do, we need to give the ball to zac stacey 25+ times and drill those motherfucers.