What Eagles Fans Are Saying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Much depends on which QB we start and their ability to tackle ALL GAME versus Eagles' backs.
I truly think we can win with either QB. I hope it's AD but I don't doubt Hill in this game either. We know exactly what they have in B. Fletcher and the rest of their CBs are mediocre at best and Boykin in currently dinged with a bad hammy. Further, I think we go into this one establishing the run then hit them with medium range PA and I think our TEs have a field day.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There used to be a poster over at RRF who would troll a thread he didn't like by posting his favorite recipes. :sneaky:
Yeah, I remember that guy. But he didn't troll RRF, he trolled the P-D board if I recall correctly.

Funny stuff.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Yeah, I remember that guy. But he didn't troll RRF, he trolled the P-D board if I recall correctly.

Funny stuff.

Don't know about the PD board but he started those recipe posts at RRF. I know because I was an admin there. He's from Texas and I met up with him once in St. Louis for a game. Would like to get him over here as a member.
------------------------------------------------
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=67&f=1913&t=13204299

Line looks as expected with Johnson

Word out of practice is that the line consists of Peters, Tobin (instead of Kelly), Molk, Herremans, and Johnson.
-------------
Tobin/Kelly....really doesnt matter. Neither are Mathis. But both can hold their own. Molk isn't doing too bad, but he will have to help recognize defenses like Kelce did. It will come to him.
------------
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...gles-most-crucial-matchups-with-st-louis-rams

Dissecting Philadelphia Eagles' Most Crucial Matchups with St. Louis Rams
By Bryn Swartz, Featured Columnist Sep. 30, 2014

Philadelphia Eagles may be in serious trouble right now, and it showed against the San Francisco 49ers in Week 4. Without Evan Mathis, Jason Kelce and Lane Johnson on their offensive line, the Eagles failed to score a single point on the offensive side of the ball. Nick Foles threw two costly interceptions, and LeSean McCoy recorded 17 rushing yards on 10 carries.

A defensive touchdown and a pair of special teams scores kept the Eagles in the game until the final few minutes, but a torturous fourth-quarter drive saw the Eagles advance 90 of the 91 yards needed to collect the go-ahead touchdown.

In the end, the 49ers handed the Eagles their first loss of the season. At the quarter mark, the Eagles are 3-1 and tied with the Dallas Cowboys for first place in the NFC East.

A home game against the lowly St. Louis Rams and their third-string quarterback could be just what the Eagles need to get back on track. And yes, if they lose this game, that's a major red flag.

Below are three of the biggest player matchups to look for in the Eagles-Rams game.

1. LeSean McCoy vs. Rams front seven

LeSean McCoy hasn't just been bad over the past two games: He's been historically bad. He's carried 29 times for 39 yards in the last two games. It's not a coincidence that he's completely ineffective running the football without Mathis and Kelce opening up holes on the offensive line (although it would help if he ran forward instead of side-to-side on every single run).

But if there were ever a team to get McCoy back on track, it's the Rams. Their front seven has been gashed repeatedly this season, surrendering 5.1 yards per carry. That's the third-worst mark in the NFL.

Something has to give in this game. Either McCoy regains the form that helped him lead the league in rushing yardage during the 2013 season or the Rams finally shut down an opponent's rushing attack. I'd lean more toward a combination of the two, but for Eagles fans who have watched horrendous running over the last two games, that'll be a major relief.

2. Jason Peters vs. Robert Quinn

One of the league's top left tackles faces arguably the top pass-rushing 4-3 defensive end in the NFL? That's pure heaven for diehard football fans. For the Eagles, this is a matchup that I expect Peters to lose. Although still elite, Peters isn't quite the player he was before he tore his Achilles (twice) during the 2012 offseason. He's 32 years old and playing on an offensive line with a pair of unfamiliar bodies on his right (Matt Tobin and David Molk). Quinn, on the other hand, recorded 19 sacks in 2013 and has established himself as the best pass-rusher in the NFC. He's in line for a major breakout game after a slow start to 2014.

3. Zach Ertz vs. Alec Ogletree

Widely considered to be one of the top breakout candidates across the league heading into the 2014 season, Eagles tight end Zach Ertz caught three passes of more than 25 yards against the Jacksonville Jaguars in Week 1. He followed that up with six grabs for 86 yards against the Indianapolis Colts. After four games, Ertz is on pace for 52 catches, 880 yards and four scores this season.

Expect Ertz to mostly be covered by Rams linebacker Alec Ogletree, a player who might have the worst coverage skills of any linebacker in the league. The last 17 passes thrown near Ogletree have been completed, per Pro Football Focus. The 2013 first-round pick has allowed a triple-digit passer rating in 12 of his 19 career games.

This is another matchup where something's gotta give. Nick Foles has been the second-least accurate quarterback in the NFL, per Pro Football Focus, but Ogletree has been the Rams' version of Cary Williams when it comes to completed passes. Expect Ertz to easily get the best of Ogletree, a player drafted just five spots ahead of him in the 2013 draft.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Boy, I thought on of Ogletree's strenghts was supposed to be pass coverage (speed).

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Boy, I thought on of Ogletree's strenghts was supposed to be pass coverage (speed).
Only runs a 4.7, but pass coverage was a supposed strength...
I hope we put a Safety on Ertz...I hope it's Mo Alexander....but hey, I digress...we'll smash this team....Should be a breakout game all around..Reminds me of the Seahawk game at home last year.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hope we put a Safety on Ertz...I hope it's Mo Alexander....but hey, I digress...we'll smash this team....Should be a breakout game all around..Reminds me of the Seahawk game at home last year.

I'm much more nervous than you.

I've come to hate the five minutes leading up to the game.... the anxiety level over the years is off the charts! :eek:

AZRamsFan93

I know you have lots of "natives" there in AZ but the best Mexican food I've ever had was in Southern CA.
No surprise - I am sure there is an abundance of good Mexican food throughout the southwest (which does NOT include Texas - Texas is not in the west!)

AZRamsFan93

Which we lost... :sick:

AZRamsFan93

I really think if the Rams can get their run game going early their (Eagles) D might break. There have been grumbling from some players on the D side of the ball as to being wore out. That was a complaint about practice. What do you think the D feels like on Monday when they have to play 40 mins a game due to Chips play style? The 49ers gashed the Birds D every time they ran the ball but they (9ers) never commited to the run. The Rams need to run and make the Eagles stack the box so that Davis can use his mobility to go down field and exploit the middle of the field.
That assumes Davis plays....

AZRamsFan93

I truly think we can win with either QB. I hope it's AD but I don't doubt Hill in this game either. We know exactly what they have in B. Fletcher and the rest of their CBs are mediocre at best and Boykin in currently dinged with a bad hammy. Further, I think we go into this one establishing the run then hit them with medium range PA and I think our TEs have a field day.
I hope you are correct. I am very concerned about our defense. If we get into a shootout with the Eagles I don't like our chances.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://boards.philadelphiaeagles.co...rom-wednesdays-practice-with-notes-on-darren/

Eagles-Rams: 5 observations from Wednesday's practice, with notes on Darren Sproles, Josh Huff
By Mark Eckel | For NJ Advance Media
on October 01, 2014 at 12:11 PM, updated October 01, 2014 at 12:16 PM

PHILADELPHIA — In the NFL, Wednesday is the day when most teams put in the bulk of their game plan.

So as the team practiced at the NovaCare, that’s what the Eagles were doing in preparation for Sunday’s match-up with the St. Louis Rams.

Here are five observations from Wednesday:

1.) Twilight Zones: Part of the problem, especially last week, for the Eagles offense has been defenses playing a four-man front and sitting back in zone coverage.

If a team can get pressure without blitzing, and against the Eagles make-shift offensive line, they have, it creates problems for the receivers getting open against the stacked coverage.

It has also allowed the linebackers to concentrate on running back LeSean McCoy both as a runner and receiver. The Eagles need to use the middle of the field more and get their tight ends involved. With Lane Johnson back at right tackle maybe Brent Celek will become more involved in the passing game this week.

2.) Huff Daddy: Chip Kelly said that rookie wide receiver Josh Huff, who has not dressed for a game yet this season, isn’t ready to play physically or mentally.

Here’s my thought. Even when Huff is ready, who sits? The easy choices are wide receiver Jeff Maehl or tight end Trey Burton. But both of them have been instrumental on special teams.

And with how well special teams are playing do you want to mess with that?

3.) On Pace: Kelly pointed out, as coordinator Pat Shurmur did Tuesday, that wide receiver Riley Cooper is ahead of where he was last year.

Cooper has 15 catches for 125 yards and no touchdowns in four games that projects to 60 catches for 500 yards and no touchdowns for the year.

Last year he had 47 catches for 835 yards with eight touchdowns. So while his catches may go up, the yards and touchdowns are way down.

4.) The Sproles Train: Whether LeSean McCoy snaps out of his slump, and whether the offensive line plays better or not, I’d like to see Darren Sproles a little more involved in the offense.

After two weeks when Sproles was averaging 13 touches per game, there was worry Kelly was overusing the 31-year old back. Since then he’s had a total of eight touches, or four per game.

While 13 might be a touch too many, four just isn’t enough. Give Sproles the ball about eight times, Sunday, and see what happens.

5.) The Blitz: While this might contradict the first point, St. Louis leads the league in blitzing the opponent.

Head coach Jeff Fisher and coordinator Gregg Williams have sent an extra man on passing downs 50.7 percent of the time this season, most in the league.

Fisher, who learned under Buddy Ryan when he was his coordinator with the Eagles in the ‘80s, has always liked to blitz. It will be interesting to see if he does so, and how often, he does Sunday.

Follow Mark Eckel on Twitter at @MarkEckel08. Find NJ.com Sports on Facebook.Contact Mark Eckel at mjeck04@verizon.net.
-------------------------
On Igglephans.com they have one thread about going to the game and tailgating but that's all on the Rams. They do have threads like" Rod Stewart: Discuss" and "Referees screw up everything."
--------------------------
http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...s-vs-rams-st-louis-player-roster-philadelphia

Eagles vs. Rams: Which St. Louis player would Philadelphia take?
By Brandon Lee Gowton@BrandonGowton on Oct 1 2014, 11:58a 21

454859186.0_standard_709.0.jpg

Dilip Vishwanat

How about the 2013 Defensive Player of the Year?

A theme post the SB Nation NFL sites have been done in the past and will continue to do throughout this season is "Which [opposing team's] player would [your favorite team's] fans take?" With the Eagles set to take on the St. Louis Rams this week, it's time to address the question.

Offense
The Rams aren't exactly known for a great offense. Then again, it was the Philadelphia Eagles who could not score a touchdown against the San Francisco 49ers this past Sunday. A lot of those struggles were due to Philadelphia's offensive line. The Eagles could steal Rams starting left tackle Jake Long and figure out whether to move him, Jason Peters, orLane Johnson on the inside at left guard.

In terms of skill players, Tavon Austin is intriguing. The Rams drafted Austin No. 8 overall in the 2013 NFL Draft but he's been a disappointment this far. In 15 games played (3 started) for the Rams, Austin has recorded 43 receptions on 73 targets for 452 yards (10.5 average) for 4 TD. He's also contributed as a runner with 177 yards and 1 TD on 14 attempts (12.6). The diminutive Austin (5-9, 173 lbs) has fumbled 6 times. As a punt returner, Austin has fielded 33 punts for 280 yards, 1 TD, and a long of 98. Austin averages 7.8 yards per return.

Still, Austin is only 23 and it's hard not to feel Chip Kelly and the Eagles could get the most out of the talented young play-maker.

Defense
Robert Quinn.

Do I really need to explain this one? The Rams' 4-3 defensive end was the PFWA Defensive Player of the Year in 2013. The 6-4, 264 pound Quinn is only 24. He finished tied in the NFL for sacks with 19. Quinn also recorded 21 quarterback hits, 51 quarterback hurries, and 45 run stops. He's a monster. The Eagles' need a better pass rush and Quinn could give Philadelphia's defense a big boost.

Who would you take?
-------------
I would take Aaron Donald in a heartbeat. I may be biased as a Pitt fan, but the guy has insane talent and potential (also much cheaper than Quinn).
-----------
Robert Quinn.

If the Eagles ran a 4-3 I’d strongly consider Aaron Donald.
------------
Robert Quinn and it's not even close
------------
All the players they got in the RG3 trade
aka the pick they traded for everything
-----------
I’d take Jenkins or Ogletree. Quinn got paid, and I haven’t seen him do much in the first 3 games this year. I know he’s great, but a little expensive and doesn’t really fit.
----------
Offense- JLong, BPA on that side of the ball
Defense- RQuinn, see above explanation
-----------
id take a flyer on austin or....
Zach stacy would have punched it in from the 1 yard line last week…
Zeurline is an awsome place kicker too,although i am building confidence in the parkatron though:)
----------
it's between Brockers and Quinn for me.
I know our D-line is playing well right now but Brockers would be a starter and immediately upgrade our D, plus him and Cox would probably be considered a monopoly. But of course I have to lean towards Quinn for obvious reasons though.

I’m not very knowledgeable with schemes and stuff so what spot would Brockers be playing in our D? Also, what about Janoris Jenkins? I don’t pay much attention to other teams outside the Eagles so is he playing well and would he be a fit if so?
-------------
Janoris Jenkins
------------
they have amazing talent on their dline but boy do we need corner upgrades. i would probably take Janoris Jenkins.
----------
Definitely Quinn. Since you mentioned that tavon austin has been a disappointment, he will no doubt have the game of his career this sunday against the eagles
----------
My issue with Quinn is his fit in a 3-4 scheme. Could be a "Brandon Graham"-esque issue if a team were to try to move him from a 4-3 DE to a 3-4 OLB. How well does Quinn do in coverage? Not to say that he can’t, and if this were to be chosen off of pure talent alone he’d be the pick, but playing him out of position is definitely not an issue to just overlook.

Janoris Jenkins would be a good pick. He doesn’t necessarily have the size the Eagles would look for in a cornerback at 5’10", but he’s still be an upgrade over either of our starting cornerbacks by pure skill alone. Brockers would also work, as he was pegged to be a 3-4 DE in the 2012 NFL Draft, but we’re pretty set at that position talent-wise. I’d give the slight edge to Jenkins.
------------
I know this article is about who we would like as an eagle from the rams and i did post my thoughts but to sidetrack everyone i think stevie wonder is a better wr then cooper,chip if you read this could you possibly switch cooper with josh huff? Huff cant possibly be any worse!
-----------
Quinn is the easy answer
But I’m not sure I wouldn’t choose Greg Robinson. With injuries all over the offensive line, and our starting duo at guard being older anyway, Robinson could be huge for us now and in the long term. He’s a mauler and also extremely athletic. Also excelled at auburn in a spread rushing attack. And in a couple years when lane takes over at LT Greg could replace him at RT
-------------
I'd take Janoris Jenkins, Robert Quinn, Olgletree, or Brian Quick.
I had to go for Quick since we’ve lost two games because Riley Cooper can’t catch.

The others are self explanatory but if I couldn’t get Quick than I’d go with Jenkins. His playmaking ability coupled with Boykin and Jenkins in the secondary would be good news.
-------------
It would have been Zuerlein. Really don’t want Austin, but Quinn sounds good. I honestly don’t watch the Rams much.
--------------
Robert Quinn is the way to go
But honestly you almost couldn’t pick wrong answer by naming anyone from their defensive front 7.

BigRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
No surprise - I am sure there is an abundance of good Mexican food throughout the southwest (which does NOT include Texas - Texas is not in the west!)
Okay, but you're not sticking the south with that eyesore! I say we give it back to Mexico...

BigRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I hope you are correct. I am very concerned about our defense. If we get into a shootout with the Eagles I don't like our chances.
Okay first of all, I am, admittedly, a homer. But I just cannot believe our D doesn't play better this week. The talent is obviously there and the coaching staff has had two weeks to get ready for this game. I truly believe what we have witnessed so far this season is a combination of the players getting acclimated to Williams' system and Williams fully understanding the strengths of his players. Nothing else really makes sense (to me anyway).

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I know you have lots of "natives" there in AZ but the best Mexican food I've ever had was in Southern CA.
I have to agree. Although, anymore it seems that about the only way to get good authentic Mexican food in the States is to hit the little taquerias (sp?). The big sit down restaurants generally seem to dumb down the food so they can put more bland food on a plate.

BigRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I have to agree. Although, anymore it seems that about the only way to get good authentic Mexican food in the States is to hit the little taquerias (sp?). The big sit down restaurants generally seem to dumb down the food so they can put more bland food on a plate.
I just love the "street tacos" a those little joints in San Diego and when I lived in Alta Loma there was a little place in a strip mall that had some of the best Mexican food I've ever eaten.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Cowboys fan here! I'm going to start an e-fight on your message board. Is that ok Rams fans? Lol jk.
Now this is great!
An Eagles fan and a Cowboys fan discussing football on a Rams board.
:ROFLMAO:

Welcome back Rynie.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I just love the "street tacos" a those little joints in San Diego and when I lived in Alta Loma there was a little place in a strip mall that had some of the best Mexican food I've ever eaten.
I live in Rancho cucamonga. What place are you talking about?

BigRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I live in Rancho cucamonga. What place are you talking about?
It was years ago...like 25, don't remember the name, just some little family owned spot. Sorry.