What Eagles Fans Are Saying Before The Game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Philadelphia Eagles lead series 20-19-1. According to math outside of the Philadelphia region, that's a one game lead in the history of Eagles vs. Rams. Eagles are 1-2 in playoff games vs. Rams. In Philly, those numbers apparently mean the Eagles have the Rams number. :rolleyes:
I just went and checked these stats^ at Pro-Football-reference.com, and they have the stats as Philly being over the Rams 19-17-1 in the Regular Season Lifetime, and 1-2 in the Playoff's. I think were the Philly Fans get there Cocky-ness from is the have Beat the Rams the last 4 games straight. and the Last 3 weren't even close! ( 2014-2011-2008-2005) But that all changes this week!!!!!!!!!!

fearsomefour

Legend
Checked the odds and it looks like it's going to lock in at about Rams -2...Wonder how many times this year the Eagles have been the 'dogs ??? Don't get to watch on TV though, as it's Hags here...I'll stream the Rams and watch TV and become a fan of the Jagoffs for a day...Heavy dose of D might be a problem for the Hags 1-man show..
Rams -2. I'll take some of that.

fearsomefour

Legend
Guess it all depends on which forum you check I guess. Because I was just checking out the board on their official site, and I'd say a good 90% I saw were gloom and doom predicting the Eagles losing a close one.
Just like this board and others that shall not be mentioned. The quality of the board is in direct relation to the quality and interest of the mods. They can spin out really quickly.

fearsomefour

Legend
I think the problem w/ comparing Donald to anyone, is Sapp was the first interior lineman to actually have stats comparable to a defensive end or OLB. Sacks as a statistic only started in 1982 (which is why Deacon Jones doesn't hold the record....). And Sapp was the first interior lineman to get outside guys numbers. Now Donald is wrecking offensive blocking patterns. Sapp was the last guy to do that. But if you go further back, there were comparable guys. But none w/ recordable stats.......
John Randle is a better comparison to Donald in my book.
Randle was a pure speed DT. He played at 6' 1" 280 lbs, very similiar to Donald.
Randle had 34.5 sacks his first four years.
He was an interior pass rusher that just changed games. Had a spin move that was unblockable at times even though everyone knew it was coming. Donald uses quickness and great hand placement/use to go past guys. Randle used quickness and that spin move.
As a pass rusher Randle was superior to Sapp.
Donald
Randle
Sapp

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'm a big boy prime.....I can take it.
And you think this is the point he was making? He wasn’t apologizing, he was giving you a heads up on what does not cut it around here. People who bait or troll will find themselves looking for a different board on which to post.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

View: https://twitter.com/Eagles/status/938410904856576000

https://forums.footballsfuture.com/...a-tuddy-lovers-10-2-los-angeles-kroenkes-9-3/

Week 14 GDT: Wentzlvania Tuddy Lovers (10-2) @ Los Angeles Kroenkes (9-3)

Gurley , Gurley , Gurley. He Has to be the priority. I don't think we can shut him down but he has to be limited both in the run and pass game.

Keys to the game

No TO's

Limit Gurley somehow

Protect Wentz for Donald and that front 4

Pound the friggen Rock on a suspect Rams Run Defense

Don't ask Wentz to throw 45+ times!

Pressure Goff ,get him off his spot
---------
My biggest fear in this game is McVay just completely out coaching Doug.

Hopefully we see the Doug from weeks 3-11 and not the Doug from Sunday night (which, IMO, that game will look like an aberration by seasons end)
----------
51-5 Eagles
-----------
Keys to the game:

Win 3rd down

Win the TO battle
---------
I hope Carson Wentz takes this game to shut up the haters forever. Have a Brett Favre vs Raiders type game.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
51-5 Eagles
200.gif

JK1965

UDFA
Name
John
51-5 huh interesting predictions.

As an Eagles fan I gotta say that is ridiculous!! These teams are way too similar for that to happen.
But there is always going to be off the wall stuff thrown out there.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
John Randle is a better comparison to Donald in my book.
Randle was a pure speed DT. He played at 6' 1" 280 lbs, very similiar to Donald.
Randle had 34.5 sacks his first four years.
He was an interior pass rusher that just changed games. Had a spin move that was unblockable at times even though everyone knew it was coming. Donald uses quickness and great hand placement/use to go past guys. Randle used quickness and that spin move.
As a pass rusher Randle was superior to Sapp.
Donald
Randle
Sapp
Randle was who I was trying to remember. I knew he played for the Vikes.....just didn't put together the time to come up w/ a name.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
For those who haven’t seen any of my posts yet I am from Philly area and have been an Eagles fan for close to 50 years. I see a lot of generalizations here regarding the fans.
There is always going to be the trash talkers, the unobjective etc. I see it here too. I joined here because for the most part I saw some good conversations and I think the Rams are a fun team to watch.
I also think these 2 teams will be battling for the next decade plus.
As to the game, the realistic view is that it should be a very good game with 2 teams that can score a bunch of points. We shall see. From my POV the Eagles will need to play a much better game than they did Sunday night. Neither team can take this game lightly but that’s more a fans tning. Not this fan.

@JK1965 It’s always great to see fans from other teams joining in on intelligent and informative conversation especially from the upcoming opponent. I’m guessing you were either born in 65 or you’ve been an Eagles fan since 65 either way I’m curious if you lived or live in Philadelphia? If you have, do you have any insight or recollection of the Vince Papale story (other than seeing the movie)? :LOL: Always loved that story and never have gotten a chance to speak to someone who actually lived through it, plus I’m a huge fan of Dick Vermeil even before he took our RAMS to the promise land. Good luck Sunday!

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Who cares?
That whole everyone has an opinion thing.
Something's are funny to some and not to others. The constant effort now (by some) to regulate what people thing, say, joke about is tiresome and lame.
Thank you, seriously. I didn't even think what he said was funny. Just the ignorance of it all. But some people have to be sensitive so I'll let them do that