What do YOU want from Schotty on Sunday?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
what i'd like is to NEVER see last week happen again (unless its the week before playoffs and the Rams are resting starters) (y)

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I wan to see the run game we've heard about in full force ,I want to bludgeon them until the Bucs commit to stop it ,I want Tavon Austin part of that with at least one half back option and one fake,Britt to be more involved . We have the beef to run the ball ,don't make Greg Robinson have to pass block let him kick ass the way God meant him to.

And I want see him (Shotty) smiling like a possum at the end of the game.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
I'd like to see some plays that don't require absolutely perfect execution from all eleven players at once to just be successful!

fearsomefour

Legend
Some in game adjustments if and when necessary.
Some runs NOT up the middle.
Screen passes / Rollouts / Toss to the outside for Tavon or Stacy or Benny
Quick slants.
WRs that actually get PAST the first down marker on a catch... and not 2 yards shy.
A creative play that actually gets POSITIVE yardage and isn't completely obvious to the DEF. (Seems like the guys either tip their hand or are horrible at being deceptive)
A WIN.
The problem is not where the runs are going it is how they are being blocked....or not blocked. We say last year this line can run block well and Stacy can be decisive. Most of his yards where middle runs. The Rams dont have a Chris Johnson sprint to the corner kind of runner anyway, and thats fine.
Any play can work if executed well vs. the right defense. Going too heavy in either pass or run can set the offense up for failure. Lovies D is going to make a team maintain drives with short/intermediate passses. Penalties cannot kill the Rams again this week. If Derek Anderson....freaking Derek Anderson....can have a good game vs. them no reason Hill cant. Davis? who knows?
Adapting in game is something a lot of guys struggle with.

fearsomefour

Legend
I'd like to see some plays that don't require absolutely perfect execution from all eleven players at once to just be successful!
So, that would mean a bubble WR screen, a quick slant ect. that are basically plays involving just a couple of players. Ok. Cant make a living on that alone. These plays were pretty successful when Arizona among others relied on them heavily. Now, more time than not, it serves as an extension of the running game picking up a few yards.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
QBs judged on team record now? I wish we'd decide one way or another.
Yeah O-8 isn't meaningless and NOW? Always has been a factor in how QB's are judged, Keenum is so far just a flavor of the month who doesn't know this offense and is likely to throw the ball to the other team because he doesn't

St. Louis Passing
C/ATT YDS AVG TDINT SACKS QBR RTG
A. Davis16/231928.3014-2110.376.7
S. Hill8/13816.2011-625.347.3
Team24/362467.0025-27----

Davis under more pressure sacked 4 times still had a more productive half than Hill, admitedly some of it's garbage time , but I won't call for Keenum until I've seen what Davis can do with a week of prep with the ones ,it's just too patently typical when a team is losing people are calling for the guy on the bench even though he's had at least 9 weeks practicing with his previous teams 1's and hasn't managed a single win.
I won't wait till Davis is O-8 to want a change but Hill will be back before then ,for now if you skip over Davis and put Keenum in and he stinks that decision would be roundly criticized and look like knee jerk desperation,something I don't expect from Fisher , this will probably be Davis only start unless Hill gets hurt again,not time to hit the panic button

Yeah O-8 isn't meaningless and NOW? Always has been a factor in how QB's are judged, Keenum is so far just a flavor of the month who doesn't know this offense and is likely to throw the ball to the other team because he doesn't

St. Louis Passing
C/ATT YDS AVG TDINT SACKS QBR RTG
A. Davis16/23192 8.3 0 1 4-2 110.3 76.7
S. Hill8/13816.2011-625.347.3
Team24/362467.0025-27----

Davis under more pressure sacked 4 times still had a more productive half than Hill, admitedly some of it's garbage time , but I won't call for Keenum until I've seen what Davis can do with a week of prep with the ones ,it's just too patently typical when a team is losing people are calling for the guy on the bench even though he's had at least 9 weeks practicing with his previous teams 1's and hasn't managed a single win.
I won't wait till Davis is O-8 to want a change but Hill will be back before then ,for now if you skip over Davis and put Keenum in and he stinks that decision would be roundly criticized and look like knee jerk desperation,something I don't expect from Fisher , this will probably be Davis only start unless Hill gets hurt again,not time to hit the panic button

What happened to all those years of 18-30-1 being on the team? Is that now being put on Bradford?

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
What happened to all those years of 18-30-1 being on the team? Is that now being put on Bradford?
He deserves a commensurate part of the responsibility ,but he's not O-8 ,he never started a game for us without a training camp to learn an offense and FWIW many have sighted the fact that he was in new systems every year as part of his futility, Keenum no where close to as talented as Bradford has had one week to assimilate this new offense ,HELL it'as much in Keenums best interest to not throw him out there now.
Again EVERY Qb's W-L record gets scrutinized ,it's not the only criteria to evaluate and I don't ,but O-8 isn't meaningless,this team needs a steady hand ,YOU KNOW who took almost all the first team reps this week,and you still want Keenum,really? just scrap the week of practice and put in the new guy ,that's change for the sake of change which seldom works out .
Davis knows where to go with the ball ,knows the playbook has a half of real time experience ,for this week and next if Hills not ready he's the man,I will be very disappointed if he isn't and then will start to question Fisher and Shotty unless Keenum lights it up.

He deserves a commensurate part of the responsibility ,but he's not O-8 ,he never started a game for us without a training camp to learn an offense and FWIW many have sighted the fact that he was in new systems every year as part of his futility, Keenum no where close to as talented as Bradford has had one week to assimilate this new offense ,HELL it'as much in Keenums best interest to not throw him out there now.
Again EVERY Qb's W-L record gets scrutinized ,it's not the only criteria to evaluate and I don't ,but O-8 isn't meaningless,this team needs a steady hand ,YOU KNOW who took almost all the first team reps this week,and you still want Keenum,really? just scrap the week of practice and put in the new guy ,that's change for the sake of change which seldom works out .
Davis knows where to go with the ball ,knows the playbook has a half of real time experience ,for this week and next if Hills not ready he's the man,I will be very disappointed if he isn't and then will start to question Fisher and Shotty unless Keenum lights it up.

I don't think we will see any of Keenum (unless Davis plays like the player he is) but I'd like to see him, what Fisher does and what I'd do are occasionally quite far apart, I'd like to see Robinson get the start but he won't, I'd like to build a time machine go back to prior to the Cleveland pre season game and not see Jake Long play at LT with the 1s but I won't. For me Keenum is the better QB regardless of how crappy the Texans were.

RAM's-NWST

UDFA
I propose we need to go sign the best FA Fullback and pound the ball if we aren't going to use our TE's better. If the O-line doesn't pass block better scrap it and just have them run block on every play and play action pass off that. No team would be expecting that right now. Probably sounds desperate in tone, but that is fairly accurate for me going into Sunday.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I propose we need to go sign the best FA Fullback and pound the ball if we aren't going to use our TE's better. If the O-line doesn't pass block better scrap it and just have them run block on every play and play action pass off that. No team would be expecting that right now. Probably sounds desperate in tone, but that is fairly accurate for me going into Sunday.
we have Harkey he can do it all. just depends if Schotty ever wants to use him more.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
I want to see blockers in front of the ball carriers when they run around the ends.
I want to see quick slants where Tavon cn get he ball on the run.
I want to see Tavon go North South not East west.
I want to see routes that make it difficult for the secondary to cover everyone.

What I think I will see is being able to call every run and pass play and where its going.
Now that everyone knows Tavon is going to be getting the ball more it will most likely be obvious on which plays he will get the ball.
Hope I'm wrong on these two.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I am about to leave country for the next two games. Do I expect to see anything other than 0-3 when I get back? No. If we aren't 3-1 going into the bye then this season is over and send them to LA.

When you arrive at you hotel in Istanbul do us all a favor and hang yourself - oh I mean, have a safe trip bro