What do YOU want from Schotty on Sunday?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Afro Ram

Pro Bowler
All I want from Schotty is adaptability. If things don't look like they're going right, change it 180. If what you're doing is successful, don't try to get cute.

How about more aggressiveness with his play callin? He can be way too passive, make a few decent play calld and go back to being super passive again like the Rams are sitting on a huge lead.

Afro Ram

Pro Bowler
That's all.you want?How about more aggressiveness with his play callin? He can be way too passive, make a few decent play calld and go back to being super passive again like the Rams are sitting on a huge lead.

smram

Rookie
Name
Steve
How about more aggressiveness with his play callin? He can be way too passive, make a few decent play calld and go back to being super passive again like the Rams are sitting on a huge lead.
Not X but he had no chance realistically to be aggressive. Line couldn't open run holes to open it up, 13 penalties for 130+ yards and playing from behind had them in a horrible circumstance with down and distance most of the day. No matter who is the OC, that's a tall order. I still can't explain pounding Tavon between the tackles on three consecutive plays though (n)

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Tavon on the outside, running a 9 route at least once or twice. He's not just a slot guy or a gadget guy.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yes we do have the line for Stacy to pound it in the middle. It just can't be ridiculously predictable. Stacy can make yards after contact with the best of them, so can Benny. Tavon.... not so much. This line will be fine. Lots of them are shaking off injuries and need to gel. Lots of talent there. That's the only reason that GRob is not starting. It's not because Robinson is not good, it's because his competition right now is considered better. How can anyone dispute that if they all play to their potential at the respective spots?
first 3 games are the easiest. so if they don't start playing at potential in the next 2 games then we have a problem

Teran

UDFA
Yes we do have the line for Stacy to pound it in the middle. It just can't be ridiculously predictable. Stacy can make yards after contact with the best of them, so can Benny. Tavon.... not so much. This line will be fine. Lots of them are shaking off injuries and need to gel. Lots of talent there. That's the only reason that GRob is not starting. It's not because Robinson is not good, it's because his competition right now is considered better. How can anyone dispute that if they all play to their potential at the respective spots?

We really don't. Wells has no push. The line has so little time together that they can't open a hole. This line is set up for pass protection and is only okay at that. Odd for a team that keeps spouting off about being a run first team. I agree that the Rams are predictable on play calling. If we do try a pass on first down can anyone guess what we are going to do on 2nd? Right. A run. Up the middle. After getting a yard or two what is going to happen on 3rd? Huh, another run.

I am about to leave country for the next two games. Do I expect to see anything other than 0-3 when I get back? No. If we aren't 3-1 going into the bye then this season is over and send them to LA.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
for all of the people posting how they want to see them take shots downfield, you may have forgotten the defense that Lovie Smith lives and dies with. His Cover 2 (Tampa 2) zone is designed specifically to take away shots downfield, so you would be playing right onto the teeth of that scheme.

Now if you are talking about running seam routes with Cook and/or Kendricks, then yes I agree. If you are talking about running intermediate dig routes (15 - 18 Yards) with Britt and Quick then yes, I agree. But to sit back and try to beat them with "9" routes or deep posts, no thanks.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
for all of the people posting how they want to see them take shots downfield, you may have forgotten the defense that Lovie Smith lives and dies with. His Cover 2 (Tampa 2) zone is designed specifically to take away shots downfield, so you would be playing right onto the teeth of that scheme.

Now if you are talking about running seam routes with Cook and/or Kendricks, then yes I agree. If you are talking about running intermediate dig routes (15 - 18 Yards) with Britt and Quick then yes, I agree. But to sit back and try to beat them with "9" routes or deep posts, no thanks.
We have something we haven't had recently
Two big guys on the outside to go up and get contested balls.
But yeah, a lot of Cook, Kendricks and TA to work the middle of the field should be in play.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
We really don't. Wells has no push. The line has so little time together that they can't open a hole. This line is set up for pass protection and is only okay at that. Odd for a team that keeps spouting off about being a run first team. I agree that the Rams are predictable on play calling. If we do try a pass on first down can anyone guess what we are going to do on 2nd? Right. A run. Up the middle. After getting a yard or two what is going to happen on 3rd? Huh, another run.

I am about to leave country for the next two games. Do I expect to see anything other than 0-3 when I get back? No. If we aren't 3-1 going into the bye then this season is over and send them to LA.

those were my basic point. When I say deep routes with Hill or Davis or with Schotty playcalling then I mean some 15-20 yard routes. And if they tighten up then run two TE set with Kendrick and Cook running some seams and masking some runs (jesus can Davis even call an audible at the line?). So maybe Tavon gets a little of that open space down field and those second level blocks then?

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
Some in game adjustments if and when necessary.
Some runs NOT up the middle.
Screen passes / Rollouts / Toss to the outside for Tavon or Stacy or Benny
Quick slants.
WRs that actually get PAST the first down marker on a catch... and not 2 yards shy.
A creative play that actually gets POSITIVE yardage and isn't completely obvious to the DEF. (Seems like the guys either tip their hand or are horrible at being deceptive)
A WIN.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Less passiveness, the guy needs to be a little more aggressive, not McDaniel's level aggressive, that's so aggressive it's as bad as being too passive, but he can't keep on being Shurmur tier passive either. Just needs to find a middle ground and become a little less predictable.

smram

Rookie
Name
Steve

Pretty much what I was talking about. Good plan coach(y)

jjab360

Legend
A+ troll job right here, managed to cover almost all the bases

smram

Rookie
Name
Steve

No, we have OG's that are abnormally large and mobile along with OT's that have a good history blocking. Our line needs to shake off rust and establish continuity

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Send them to L.A. by week 5? That doesn't seem very practical.
I mean, it takes a long time to pack up all that equipment. Week 11, maybe. But week 5 is asking for the impossible.