What Browns Fans Are Saying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://www.scout.com/nfl/browns/for...04476-contest-re-name-the-team-mascot-swagger

Contest: Re-name the team mascot, "Swagger."

football-dog.jpg

My vote is EDIT: "Buster"
----------
Fumbles
---------
Dumper, poor dog
---------
CrotchSniffer
--------
Turd Gobbler.

Because the Browns are a bunch of turd gobblers.
-------
Euthanasia
--------
Maybe we could get Triumph, the comic insult dog to come take the gig. He'd be perfect for this team!
-------
Beethoven. The defense rolls over, at the most inopportune times.
--------
Meltdown.
--------
Craps On Field

it's the only thing he has in common with the Browns.
--------
Fifi?
--------
Brown Stain
-------
I'm torn between

Fiasco

and

Maladroit
--------
Stagger
-------
unLucky
why+is+daddy+sad+on+sunday+front+cover+cleveland+coloring+book.jpg

---------
Shithead.
--------
Webarftogether
--------
Brown Butt-plug.
--------
I feel sorry for the poor thing. He didn't ask to be the mascot for this franchise.

Having gotten that out of the way, "Whiff" seems appropriate in more than one way.
--------
We should report the Browns to PETA and save this poor animal.
--------
I noticed that they showed on tv his handler giving him a treat after we scored a touchdown....

The poor dog must be starving to death!
--------
Nancy
-------
Draftbuster
-------
Considering our complete ineptitude stopping the run, how about '2nd & 2' or just 'Deuce?'
-------
Sadness

home to Factory Of
-------
PitchToss
-------
Snotz
-------
Fugly
-------
Swag Lamp

always hanging limp
-------
NUTLESS!!
-------
Pounder
-------
False Start
-------
Misery
-------
Droopy Dog

RamzFanz

Damnit
http://www.scout.com/nfl/browns/for...04476-contest-re-name-the-team-mascot-swagger

Contest: Re-name the team mascot, "Swagger."

football-dog.jpg

My vote is EDIT: "Buster"
----------
Fumbles
---------
Dumper, poor dog
---------
CrotchSniffer
--------
Turd Gobbler.

Because the Browns are a bunch of turd gobblers.
-------
Euthanasia
--------
Maybe we could get Triumph, the comic insult dog to come take the gig. He'd be perfect for this team!
-------
Beethoven. The defense rolls over, at the most inopportune times.
--------
Meltdown.
--------
Craps On Field

it's the only thing he has in common with the Browns.
--------
Fifi?
--------
Brown Stain
-------
I'm torn between

Fiasco

and

Maladroit
--------
Stagger
-------
unLucky

---------
Shithead.
--------
Webarftogether
--------
Brown Butt-plug.
--------
I feel sorry for the poor thing. He didn't ask to be the mascot for this franchise.

Having gotten that out of the way, "Whiff" seems appropriate in more than one way.
--------
We should report the Browns to PETA and save this poor animal.
--------
I noticed that they showed on tv his handler giving him a treat after we scored a touchdown....

The poor dog must be starving to death!
--------
Nancy
-------
Draftbuster
-------
Considering our complete ineptitude stopping the run, how about '2nd & 2' or just 'Deuce?'
-------
Sadness

home to Factory Of
-------
PitchToss
-------
Snotz
-------
Fugly
-------
Swag Lamp

always hanging limp
-------
NUTLESS!!
-------
Pounder
-------
False Start
-------
Misery
-------
Droopy Dog

I can't...I just...:notworthy: I am not worthy.

I haven't even JOINED a Browns forum they make me so sad! :(

I've got to say, if their goal is to deter trolls, they are MASTERS! I CAN'T even add to the list for F&%#'S sake!

I have an entire new video series featuring a one toothed Russian about opposing fans, using THEIR OWN SMACK TALK, I intended to start this week, after hours of preparation, and they REFUSE to give me MATERIAL!!!!!! A ONE TOOTHED RUSSIAN!!!!! DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH JOHNNY FOOTBALL MATERIAL I WILL HAVE TO TOSS YOU A-HOLES!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

SMACK TALK GODDAMN IT!

Last edited:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
This is brilliant. Someone make one up for Rams fans.

anode8

Professional lurker, occasional poster.
Name
Ron
Fisher is a coach who always squeezes the most out of his questionable personnel.

Hhhmmmm, for two games a season, maybe. If he were more consistent in this regard, then the record would show it.

Regardless, most of the Browns fans seem to understand their lot in life.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
The reactions in here are pretty funny. Surprise at the pessimism of Browns fans? We're talking about a team that has been to the playoffs once since the Rams moved to St Louis. They've had two winning seasons in that time frame. Rams fans pee pee and moan that they have no reason to go to games and it shouldn't surprise anybody a losing team doesn't get supported. Yet Cleveland sells out a higher percentage of their stadium every year and some of them have only seen 1 winning season in their lifetime. I admire Browns fans and their tenacity and level of support for their team.

As for the game we should win this but we've already lost a couple games that we should win. I hope we show up this Sunday.

Add to their pain the fact that palm trees don't survive well in a Cleveland winter..

FRO

Legend
After reading these comments I'm more nervous about the game. We always seem to play down to the competition.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Browns fans are now my second favourite set of fans (after our own obviously). A lot of those comments made me smile especially the renaming the mascot thing; you can really feel their frustration coming through.

jap

Legend
It's time for this young team to show they are turning the corner by coming out of the bye with a solid win. As good as TGII has been, it's hard for me to see him breaking 200 yards while crippled with a brace---he may be tough to tackle, but he can get run down and tackled in the open field right now because of the limiting knee support.

Our receiving game is supposed to be feeding off the rushing game big time, and it's high time we start seeing this. I am much less concerned about our D; as long as the O gives them enough blows, they should be fine.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.dawgsbynature.com/2015/10/19/9567631/ask-turf-show-times-st-louis-rams-cleveland-browns

Ask Turf Show Times: St. Louis Rams - Cleveland Browns
By Douglas M@thenovelroad

Trying to be relevant in the NFL isn't an easy thing to do. Just ask the St. Louis Rams and Cleveland Browns, with both teams poised to emerge from prolonged, painful, rebuilding schemes. They'll be facing off in St. Louis this Sunday, in what looks to be a hard-hitting game in the Edward Jones Dome...

I'm a Managing Editor and writer for Turf Show Times; the SBNation site for all things St. Louis Rams. I thought I'd drop in this week and answer any questions you may have about the St. Louis Rams. I'll be asking quite a few about Cleveland Browns too. The regular Turf Show Times readers will be asked to drop by, and hopefully they'll remember they're guest here on your site. If they don't, please don't hesitate to let me know and I'll take care of it...

So what can fans of both these teams expect this Sunday? Well, I can almost bet this contest won't be widely touted in NFL media. You see, we're fans of two teams still searching for their identities. While both teams have players who deserve recognition, they just don't scream "news worthy" for the most part. They aren't ready for "prime time" in the eyes of NFL media mavens. But we'll be watching, won't we? To be honest, I wouldn't give a tinker's damn about what others think about the team I've followed for decades...

Watching Josh McCown has been a high point for me in the 2015 NFL season. He's a great story that's been swept under the rug for some odd reason? A very real chance to join the 4500+ passing yard club is in the offing for McCown, and the rise of Travis Benjamin, Gary Barnidge, and young running back Duke Johnson are playing a large part.

Where I see a conundrum of sorts is the Cleveland defense. They have held opposing teams well below pre-game predictions, currently ranking 15th against the pass, while struggling versus the run game? Yet, they still manage to hold the line to allow the Browns to be in every game?

Similarly, the Rams defense entered the season as a media darling of sorts. Quarterback sack totals are where they should be (tied with N.E. at #3 with 19), but their run defense has been woeful: #20. The pass defense for the Rams has been better than many Rams fans would have thought: #10, and an overall #11 ranking in total defense.

The part where things get reeeeally smelly for the Rams is their pass offense: #31. Eeek! The St. Louis 3rd down conversion ranking tells the tale: #27 overall, converting only 20 third down opportunities out of 64.

By the way, "64" is the 4th worst 3rd down opportunity total in the NFL. It also happens to reflect something the Browns have done rather well at against their opponents: stopping conversion tries. It's going to be a key focal point in the game this Sunday for both teams....

Here's to a great game this Sunday, and my the injury Gnomes stay well clear of both teams!
--------

Talk to me about Travis Benjamin? He came out of nowhere, and kind of made thoughts of Josh Gordon disappear...
He’s not even listed as a starter on the Brown’s depth chart, but he’s becoming a star player in Fantasy Football each week…
--------
He’s running great routes and already has great speed. He’s able to outrun corners and force them to play off coverage, leaving slants and everything else open for him
--------
What the hell is going on with Johnny Foozeball? Heard he is being shopped around for a possible trade
---------
I happen to know Amazon ships without having shopped… I received a pair of shoes from Amazon – not my size or acceptable style, dammit! – and never ordered them… They were high heels, so I should have sent them to Brandon Bate…?
1f60a.png

--------
getting into trouble already in an alcohol related issue while driving (didn’t say if HE was drinking, but he said his girlfriend was) isn’t going to go well. Teams don’t want that type of liability, especially teams trying to be relevant.
-------
LA Champ - Damn! Our offense is 32nd in the pass?
welp, no where to go but up I guess……or better yet started from the bottom and we’re headin up…
--------
The 3rd down opportunities and conversion rate is what should get you a bit nervous…
--------
LA Champ - those were worse….

It seems that throwing the ball downfield is mister foles problem….and I believe…only a guess…but I believe he has trouble processing information…quickly

I have never seen a "veteran" QB look so rookie-ish and it end well….never…
---------
LA Champ - I'd still trade Cook for Gordon straight up..
Oh yeah, question first….Would you guys be mad if you traded Gordon for our TE?

Tough loss v. Broncos…Is Peyton Manning done?

What’s wrong with your corner Haden? Was that Mingo with the incredible int? When is he expected to live up to his talent? Or is he going the way of Jadeveon Clowney? How does that RB Isiah Crowell stack up to the rest of the NFL? I liked him coming out of college….Will your center Mack be returning next year?

I was reading a Browns blog, the fans seemed to expect the worst…No cocky boast…Speaking frankly of their worries….It was refreshing but surprising…Are most Browns fans just so sick and tired that they don’t expect much from the team? I know the Rams have been terrible of late also, but there’s always hope…isn’t there?
--------
Jared Cook can’t catch passes with his butt. Would rather have Barnidge.
---------
The sad thing is, I bet everyone on your D knows that. Even sadder, fish knows that and will still play him.
--------
Just have the Browns put the smallest dude on him that can give him a shot. Cook will do the rest.
---------
I actually love watching games with Browns fans
Similar in nature. Good people hoping for good things for their teams. Always seem Friendly. Ive lived all over the country and there is ALWAYS a bar thats full of Cleveland Fans. You all are very loyal
1f60a.png

We all seem to be waiting for our year. We are all draft experts and get excited about good football. What I saw from the Browns last week lead me to think this will be a very very tough game.

Looking forward to seeing a few of you this weekend!
---------
Haden-Dealing with injuries and possible hidden frustration.
MINGO!-We may never know about his "true talent"
Crow- Looking like Richardson without the hype. Shows flashes but can not find a hole.
Mack- I hope so, but you know guys want paid and we drafted insurance in case he leaves.
--------
http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=38335

Browns vs. Rams Trivia

Here is trivia for this weeks opponent:

1. A. What is the overall regular season head to head record between the Browns and the Rams?

B. What is the head to head postseason record?

2. How many above .500 record years did the Cleveland Rams have?

3. The Rams have retired the number of one player that played with the Cleveland Rams. What player and what number?

4. What player that led the Rams in passing one year also played for the Browns?

5. What player that led the Rams in rushing one year also played for the Browns?

6. What player that led the Rams in receiving a couple of years also played for the Browns?

7. How did the Rams get their name?

8. The Cleveland Rams, ironically, were in the same division as the original St. Louis NFL franchise. What was the name of that team?

9. What true American icon personality was at one time a part owner of the Rams?

10. What was the one important condition set by the NFL to allow the Rams to relocate to the west coast and LA? (besides bringing in money?)

11. St. Louis was actually Georgia Frontiere's second choice when it came do to the decision to move her team. What city was her first choice?

12. The Rams play in the Edward Jones Dome. What was the original name of that building?
---------
Number 5 Charlie White?
--------
12. Trans World Dome
--------
4. What player that led the Rams in passing one year also played for the Browns?

Milt Plum

5. What player that led the Rams in rushing one year also played for the Browns?

Charles White
--------
6. Ron Brown? Although he was only drafted by us I believe
-------
Ahh...good ole Charlie White.....our first round non performing heisman winning druggie....WEEEEEEEE.....

Glad THAT never happened again.....
--------
Will never forget being about 11 or so years old and being at training camp....a rookie Charlie White coming off the practice field....me and some other kids went up to him asking for his autograph.... his response "I don't sign no autographs"...

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Umm, you are what your record says you are. Good teams learn how to win.

I know. That's what I was saying. Forgot blue font sorry. Point was, I feel its a bit odd to suggest a trap game when we're 2-3 and the Browns are also 2-3.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The Rams and Browns have been very similar over the years. The difference is that we are not quite as bitter because we had the GSOT. Over the same time span, the Browns have only had two winning seasons, and only been to the playoffs once.
This ^ is because their real Teams was Hijacked, and moved to Baltimore. And they where left with the NAME only! I felt for them, then!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I had a great laugh reading those crazy Browns fans. If any team in the league's fan base has my respect it's them, that's for sure.

But you know what? This is exactly the type of game the Rams will tank in because there is no way they should lose to this Browns team at home. The matchup favors them all the way around. But I am nervous as hell about it. Rams have conditioned me to be paranoid, what can I say.
^^Modern Day Life as a Rams Fan! But I have a feeling that's all going to go away this year!!(y):D

ohiorams

Rookie
They sound more pessimistic than Rams fans. I think most of them have hit the nail on the head. Gurley verses their run defense is the game. If we can run and we don't turn the ball over, we win.

Said every fan about every game ever in the history of football