What Broncos fans are saying after their team got dismantled by the Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://www.milehighreport.com/2014/...re-peyton-manning-out-thrown-by-shaun-hill-in

Broncos Rams final score: Peyton Manning out-thrown by Shaun Hill in 22-7 Denver loss
By Kyle Montgomery@MileHighReport on Nov 16 2014

459078428.0.jpg

Michael B. Thomas

Broncos 7, Rams 22: In which Shaun Hill out-throws Peyton Manning.

Week 11 was easily the ugliest game from the Denver Broncos in 2014. Peyton Manning was intercepted twice in the second half; Julius Thomas (ankle), Emmanuel Sanders (concussion), and Montee Ball (groin) all left the game with injuries; the Broncos completely abandoned the run game early on.

The St. Louis Rams put together six scoring drives - five for field goals - to preserve their perfect home record against the Denver Broncos, beating Denver 22-7. Rams QB Shaun Hill finished 20 of 29 for 226 yards, one touchdown, and zero interceptions. His 63-yard touchdown pass toKenny Britt opened up a 10-0 Rams lead they would never relent.

Manning threw for 340 yards, but his two interceptions in the second half were back-breaking. The Broncos offensive line had no answer for Rams rushers; Manning was sacked twice, but pressured into mistakes far more often. It was the first time the Manning-led Broncos have been held to single digits since Super Bowl XLVIII, and the only other instance in his two-plus years with the club.

The entire game was ugly for Denver, including the first half. Shaun Hill was nearly perfect, completing 13 of 16 passes ( %) for 168 yards (10.5 average), one TD and no interceptions. His abuse of the Broncos defense - thanks in large part to 6'3" Kenny Britt, for whom the Broncos had no answer - gave Hill a 131.2 pass rating in the first half. The Broncos' top-ranked rush defense, which had dominated the Oakland Raiders on the road a week ago, was suddenly allowing a 4.3-yard average on 15 carries.

The Rams offensive success helped St. Louis dominate in first-half time of possession (18:46 to 11:14) and kept Manning off his game. The Broncos offense never found its rhythm; its one touchdown came off a 42-yard fly ball from Manning to Emmanuel Sanders, who backed in uncovered into the end zone.

The Broncos' red zone defense did all it could to keep Denver in the game, but Greg Zuerlein made five field goals - including two from beyond 50 yards - to give the Rams the victory. Meanwhile, the Broncos opted to not even attempt two long field goals from beyond 50 yards, going for it on 4th and long/medium twice instead of giving Brandon McManus a chance.

The loss knocks the Broncos down to 7-3. They maintain their first place lead in the AFC West, but barely. Minutes later, the Chiefs held on to beat the Seahawks 24-20 and improve to 7-3 as well. The Broncos own the head-to-head tiebreaker, but must travel to Arrowhead in two weeks to fight for the AFC West.
----------
Can’t run the ball against really good d-lines.
I really hope that the reason we were so pathetic is because we didn’t take the Lambs seriously, if not, we are fucked.
--------
I don't 'love' Manning and so
I am not thrilled about him playing another year here. I seriously hope that we move on from a LOT of things after this season is spent, and he’s just one of them.
---------
Rams are legit.
I wouldn’t hang your heads too low.
--------
I'm not a Denver fan.
Just believe the Rams defense despite missing Chris Long is as scary as any in the NFL. Denver’s defense should be a lot better considering what Elway paid for the "blue chippers" but none of it matters if you lose the battle in the trenches which happened today.
---------
Sorry my mistake but can't agree with you on a great Rams team they just played a weak road team that is Fox soft
--------
What is not legit is
the coaching and preparedness of the Broncos. Peyton playing press football is a recipe for disaster. This is how legit the Rams are, they last won a playoff game, uhh, ohh, say, well it has been so long no one can remember. What is legit is how BAD the Broncos played. They don’t even have gravity, they just sucked.
---------
So true.
I would be willing to bet money that they have the best D in the league.
----------
We lost to a mediocre, but tough football team
That’s all you need to know about our team. They are SOFT. Still no running game! What’s the point of disrupting the entire o-line if you not even going to try and run the ball?? Not only can they not run the ball, but the pass protection has gone to hell in a hand basket. too. Gase is terrible. The special coach should be fired along with the o-line coach.

Injuries, yes that hurt, but no excuses. Manning had his worst game (only to the SB) today. He has to be 90% clean or he kind of goes into panic mode. Nothing new, he has basically zero mobility.
---------
pile_of_shit.gif

-------------
Deserved to lose.
I’ve never seen a worse performance.

This team is SOFT!

Over reaction, maybe but that was awful! No leaders on this team to step up and take ownership. Everyone deserves blame. OL was terrible. RB’s are awful. TE’s suck. And Manning looked shell shocked. And Elway gets blame for no kicker!

The worst thing is, they are just providing a blueprint for everyone to beat them. Any team that’s slightly physical with this offense will beat them. And if there is remotely good safety play this team is lost.

A complete ass kicking and they deserve it. Disgusting.
--------
Manning was terrible. The Oline was terrible. The subs on O were terrible
And we got rocked as a result.

Caldwell and Tamme are pretty much worthless to our team.
----------
At this rate
We will exit early in the playoffs….Tissue paper soft is what characterizes this team….

Every physical team will beat this team badly…Colts…Chiefs…Hawks…Pats…..You name it…Both sides of the line were manhandled pretty well…

Tired of all the spinning about our faults…..enough….plain and simple this team sucked and deserved to lose.
-----------
Disappointing
Broncos got outcoached and outplayed again. As mentioned by others, offensive line is obviously in disarry and Shaun Hill outplayed Peyton today. Peyton showed his lack of mobility and age again today. Same time, hand it to Fisher and Williams, both wily coaches. Their defense is very legit, young and aggressive.
------------
Peyton sucked, but Rams D is much better than Broncos’
-----------
Last 3 teams to win the SB
NY Giants
Baltimore Ravens
Seattle Seahawks
all great defenses, and great run games.
----------
No, teams rarely win when multiple top offensive weapons are lost early in game
The reason is the defense can focus on the remaining weapons. But on top of that there were a lot of drops early on. But we should have run the ball more just go wear down the d line
-----------
Give credit to the Rams...they DOMINATED both lines
the Broncos had no answer. Fix these things now so that it doesn’t come up again.
----------
Rams have shut down all sorts of primary rushers
Gore, Lynch, Charles, McCoy, Adrian Peterson, held Demarco Murray to 100 yards which was the best before AZ shut him down. The only rushers that have gashed us were Cordarelle Patterson, Russell Wilson, etc. (AKA not running backs) Probably part of the reason you didn’t run against us
-----------
Sanders
When Sanders got annihilated I knew the game was over (way to hang him out to dry Manning). Rams had DT double or triple covered, Tamme is just okay, Welker is just okay, Caldwell is just okay. J Thomas going out was bad enough, Sanders was the death knell. Even Manning can’t make magic with that line-up (especially with the o-line playing like garbage).

Also, when will the league protect receivers PERIOD! Helmet, shoulder, forearm, WTF is the difference? I just see another player lying on the field with possible life long brain damage. Yes, they called a penalty, but who cares? Sanders is out and going to have a rough couple days probably and may even be out next week if he really got his bell rung. Damn disaster.
-----------
Why didn't Mr. Magoo take a timeout the series before halftime?
giphy.gif

--------------
When they show Fox in sideline shots, it looks like he's some fan that's wandered on the field and is simply watching the game.
I almost expect to see him enjoying a hot dog, just taking in all the action on the field and clapping at odd times.

You’d never guess he’s the actual coach of the team.
------------
No one has anything to say about dirty ram plays?
ref non-calls? Greg Williams the Headhunter coaching guys to take out Sanders, JT?
----------
The hit on Sanders wasn't called helmet to helmet it was the defenseless player rule
Its been the rule for a couple of years now like it or not.

The rule:
It is a foul if a player initiates unnecessary contact against a player who is in a defenseless posture.
(a) Players in a defenseless posture are:
(1) A player in the act of or just after throwing a pass;
(2) A receiver attempting to catch a pass; or who has completed a catch and has not had time to protect himself or has not clearly become a runner. If the receiver/runner is capable of avoiding or warding off the impending contact of an opponent, he is no longer a defenseless player;
(3) A runner already in the grasp of a tackler and whose forward progress has been stopped;
(4) A kickoff or punt returner attempting to field a kick in the air;
(5) A player on the ground at the end of a play;
(6) A kicker/punter during the kick or during the return;
(7) A quarterback at any time after a change of possession, and
(8) A player who receives a "blindside" block when the blocker is moving toward his own endline and approaches the opponent from behind or from the side.
(b) Prohibited contact against a player who is in a defenseless posture is:
(1) Forcibly hitting the defenseless player’s head or neck area with the helmet, facemask, forearm, or shoulder, regardless of whether the defensive player also uses his arms to tackle the defenseless player by encircling or grasping him; and
(2) Lowering the head and making forcible contact with the top/crown or forehead/"hairline" parts of the helmet against any part of the defenseless player’s body.
Note: The provisions of (2) do not prohibit incidental contact by the mask or helmet in the course of a conventional tackle on an opponent.
Penalty: For unnecessary roughness: Loss of 15 yards. The player may be disqualified if the action is judged by the official(s) to be flagrant.
----------
On the bright side, it wasn't this bad, right? :D
9cc2fcffcb24bd2bdc2dab04bdf2fd79.jpg

-------------

Rams fan here...

I have ZERO doubt the Broncos will be in the Super Bowl this season. ZERO! This is a superb team who stumbled, and that’s honestly all there is to it. Manning will use this to drive the Broncos forward, and I pity the next team they face. The Rams are a young, talented team that’s had trouble putting more than a quarter or two of play together. They play with nothing to lose because they’re out of the post season picture.

The Rams defensive line is finally waking up and playing to the potential everyone in NFL media thought would be the case prior to the season. Add in a couple key offensive injuries for the Broncos, and Manning showing he can have a bad day, and that’s this game in a nutshell.

I wish the Broncos and their fans the very best going forward. It’s a classy organization with amazing fans. Now go beat the Chiefs, and put this whole thing behind you. :) – All the best from Turf Show Times
------------
What a horrible game. thanks for ruining my Sunday, Broncos.
Our Oline sucks in both run and pass blocking. Sign Incognito, do something for the love of God! We aren’t winning anything unless our Oline improves. Our QB was bad today (direct result of our Oline performance) and our D was average at best. We can’t create any interior pressure on the QB. Opposing QBs have all day to throw the ball. That’s a recipe for disaster.

We have a very tough remaining schedule. The Dolphins are no joke, the Chiefs are good. The Bills are similar to the Rams (even better defensively IMO), the Chargers are always tough, and the Bengals are tough to beat at home if Dalton doesn’t self destruct. Number 1 seed is now irrelevant. We need to win our division first.

I don’t know whether to root for the Colts or not. If the Colts win tonight, I don’t see them losing a single game until the playoffs. Oh man, what a letdown…
------------
(.8125%)
Shaun Hill completion percentage. Very Alex Smithesque…just sayin’.
------------
Beat down on par with Seattle SB loss
We were totally handled today by the Rams in all phases. Poor player performances all around and coaching gaffs galore and lack of on the fly planning left us exposed.

Sign Incognito tomorrow and stop the 0-line experiment which to date gets a D grade wise.

Fox and staff stop tinkering with what this team is built to do and get out of the way and let the team play to it’s strengths. Let the kid make some long field goal attempts.

Pray a few key offensive folks can heal up to be effective when we go to KC in two weeks. Fox and staff stop tinkering with what this team is built to do and get out of the way and let the team play to it’s strengths.

Manning/Gase/Tamme – the love fest is over!
----------
Is Peyton losing his cool? He hasn't been the same since he went after the scoreboard operator
at the end of the SD blowout. Any connection? I’ve always thought that his dominance in the locker room was a bit over the top and could be the Broncos’ achilles heel. The team takes its cue from him, and when he’s off, they really have no answer.

Condolences on the loss, BTW. For what it’s worth, I had this game circled as a potential upset back in August b/c of the St. Louis pass rush.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Go figure rRams d finally pplaying well and it's because Williams is dirty smh

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
To be honest, the McLeod hit was brutal. Mark Baron, Rodney McLeod, and TJ McDonald are going to be the first three safties in the NFL charged with murder. They WILL kill someone by the time this season is over.

But in all seriousness, if I were a receiver I would want no part of this secondary.
Man, it was brutal..and LEGAL....I loved that hit, and it changed the game I believe. Somehow, I knew that we would win when they didn't score after that BS penalty

RamzFanz

Damnit
Even when they were lining up 6 OLmen they couldn't stop the rush from forcing Manning into quick and sometimes poor throws

They had the pass rush working today for sure

They sure did. And GW held off on the blitz on third down and long pretty much. Very successful.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Is Peyton losing his cool? He hasn't been the same since he went after the scoreboard operator
at the end of the SD blowout. Any connection? I’ve always thought that his dominance in the locker room was a bit over the top and could be the Broncos’ achilles heel. The team takes its cue from him, and when he’s off, they really have no answer.

This right here. Ever since that, and telling the fans to shut up (same game was it?), then the NE loss where he says "usually I am good, today I wasn't"), something seems to be up with Peyton. He wasn't like this last season and moving toward unlikeable territory. Plus his insistence of going in during mop up time, and annoying Brock Osweisler in the process. It's like he's a manic driver that refuses to stop and guns it at yellow lights.

I hate to see him end up like that, seeing he is probably the best pure QB of all time.

lockdnram21

Legend
To be honest, the McLeod hit was brutal. Mark Baron, Rodney McLeod, and TJ McDonald are going to be the first three safties in the NFL charged with murder. They WILL kill someone by the time this season is over.

But in all seriousness, if I were a receiver I would want no part of this secondary.
yep and dont forget about Joyner he packs a punch

Rambition

Rookie
I'm loving this! All of the crap those Broncos fans were talking before the game and then they watch their team get punched in the mouth by our Rams. I bet they won't be taking this team lightly again in the near future. Watching the look on their fans' faces was priceless.
they were pretty damn dismissive of the rams, weren't they?

rams2050

Starter
oushmartin6 said:Today 12:03 PMCoaching staff needs fired. Hire John Gruden, Manning retires, sign Bradford for cheap and let him and Brock duke it out in training camp, thats how you get this team back on track

Say, whaaaaaat???

Big Game

Living The Dream
I'm loving this! All of the crap those Broncos fans were talking before the game and then they watch their team get punched in the mouth by our Rams. I bet they won't be taking this team lightly again in the near future. Watching the look on their fans' faces was priceless.

I totally agree!! I left the Dome with no voice due to talking so much trash to the Broncos fans. There only reply was "See you in the playoffs" in which i so kindly told them. "Holla at me when you guys beat a NFC West team"!!!! while giving them a "mile high salute" and saying "have a happy flight"!!! our section was clowning there fans it was great.