What Broncos fans are saying after their team got dismantled by the Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Let the gloating begin.......:sneaky:
--------------------------------
http://www.milehighreport.com/2014/...worst-game-of-the-season-in-ugly-loss-to-rams

Broncos play their worst game of the season in ugly loss to Rams
By Bronco Mike@Bronco_Mike251 on Nov 16 2014

20141116_ads_ac1_137.JPG.0.jpg

Jeff Curry-USA TODAY Sports

I'm actually typing this up with about 9 minutes left in the game, but the Broncos don't have a comeback in them, not today.

What happened?

Every glaring hole and issue of this team was magnified today. The line couldn't open up running lanes, the line commits costly penalties, Manning throws poorly under pressure, receivers drop easy passes.

Sanders out with a concussion then John Fox strikes again. Then the injuries started to pour in. First to Montee Ball who looked to come back too early from a groin injury. Then to Julius Thomas who was ruled out early with an ankle injury. Then an already thin and underperforming receiving corps (I'm looking at you Wes Welker) suffered yet another blow when Emmanuel Sanders was knocked out of the game early in the 3rd quarter with a concussion.

3rd down after 3rd down of questionable decision making by #18 coupled with poor coaching that started with John Fox and his misunderstanding of situational football and permeated to Jack Del Rio who continues to leave the middle of the field wide open with soft zone coverage doomed the team to wasted opportunities.

The Rams played well but this performance had all the fingerprints of a self-inflicted loss all over it.

These problems are real

In the long run perhaps this is the best thing that could have happened to the team. The Broncos have won enough just to pull the wool over the eyes of Broncos Country. The truth is this team hasn't had a quality win since week 1 and 2 against Indianapolis and Kansas City. Since then, they have made it a habit of beating inferior talent with mediocre efforts and teams who were severely shorthanded.

The offense has no balance. Against a blitzing and stunting front they ran empty set after empty set. The offense is nothing more than Manning chucking the ball down the field which goes poorly when he is pressured consistently.

On the defensive side of the ball, they allowed their 1st 100 rusher of the season and allowed journeyman nobody Shaun Hill to convert 3rd down after 3rd down.

On this day however, the buck this week stops with the offense that could not muster more than 7 points and a Special Teams unit that is incapable of flipping field position and too inept to make a long field goal.

If you want to know what's wrong with the Broncos, that's it in a nutshell. John Fox takes chances because he's too afraid of his kicker missing the kick.

This team offensively is complete finesse and struggles time and again when faced with a tougher challenge.

The issues we see now are very real and cannot be glossed over or dismissed.

Silver lining?

The way it's looking in Kansas City, the Chiefs will pull into a 1st place tie with the Broncos in the west. The Patriots can breathe easy because no matter the outcome of tonight's game, they will not relinquish their position as the number 1 seed.

This team may be no better than a wildcard team. When the playoffs roll around, would you trust them to go on the road and win game after game en route to the super bowl? Me neither.

With all the noise Elway made in the offseason the Broncos are no closer to a championship than they were in February.

Some real changes must be made and they have 6 games to do it.

Take this opportunity to vent your frustrations, you have every right to call a spade a spade.
---------
th

---------
Terrible
Everyone underperformed. Manning couldnt throw, receivers couldnt catch, linemen couldnt block, running backs couldnt run, defense gave up too much, and the coaches lead them into that performance. Simply terrible. This is the worst game in a long while. I had hoped the Patriot loss would wake them up. I guess not. We better wake up after this one or we may not make it to the playoffs
-------
The Broncos defense did their job
22 points in spite of being consistently starting on bad field position due to turnovers and Broncos offense punting from their own side of the field. They held strong in the redzone. This loss was 100% on the offense. Welkers body is just destroyed to all of the big hits Peyton has lead him into across the field and he’s dropping passes way too frequently. Without Sanders, JT and Green to give Peyton a full 5 weapon arsenal to pick from, he can’t carry an offense.
-------
Defense sucked.
They let the Rams look like an All-Pro offense, which they are not. No big hits. How many sacks? Too few, too few . . . and they let a running back run over them, which is the first time this season.

This team is in big trouble.
--------
While the offense was the biggest issue
The defense played mediocre at best. Ware and Miller arnt getting to the quarterback the last few games and it seems like were not getting the push from out DT’s up the middle either.
-------
FIRE FOX
---------
I've been a critic, but have never called for his job
I’d be okay with a mid-season change at this point, and I"m certainly in favor of an off-season change if we don’t win a SB.
-------
Yeah and what happened with Sanders is scary, but he's got IMHO more of a chance of playing next week than JT
Virgil Green’s calf injury is the million dollar mystery atm. However, even if he were playing, he’s not going to be doing much about those inside-rushers(see; Laurinitas, James) on the blitz or outside-to-inside stunt(see; Quinn, Robert)
--------
i'm not too sure this team wins the division anymore
---------
oh boy, oh boy, oh boy...
It’s not going to be a fun week here, is it?
---------
The offense deserves to be able to lay an egg every now and then and
The Defense wasn’t terrible, but they were JJUUUUST not quite good enough to bail the O out against a 3rd string QB. Against a 3rd string qb, on second thought maybe they shat the bed
--------
Manning is the issue
The lack of mobility is killing us. If the pocket isn’t perfect then its almost a guaranteed sack/PM emergency wounded duck.
--------
Manning certainly can't pass on the move
That easy flick to Ball that he had in the 1st half from like 3 yards away and still missed him was horrible. Unfortunately that’s the norm if PM gets moved from his spot.
----------
Lack of mobility really hurts
but having to throw the ball in 2.2 seconds or you will be sacked hurts worse!
-----------
Will say though
Sanders was the game changer. We were just about to go on the classic Broncos points roll until McClown decided to assassinate him. That injury changed the game
--------
This can't be understated.
The Broncos were moving the ball well, and Sanders was making catch after catch, until he was annihilated. When he went out, it seemed to shell-shock the entire team.

We should have recovered, but the game changed after that point.
---------
Broncos offense did not execute
The two interceptions by Manning and the lack of running game doomed the Broncos. Manning had several open throws on third
and fourth down where the offense did not convert.

The Broncos are not guaranteed home field throughout the playoffs. It’s starting to look like the Broncos could have problems repeating as AFC
champions.
---------
Hats off to the Rams
They are a team with a lot of talent and put together a complete game today.
----------
Broncos poor play let them have a "complete game"
This Rams team sucks. It has holes all over the place. They’ve lost to some good and bad teams. But today, Broncos played like the Donkeys and Rams played their best game of the season.

If the Broncos played to their full ability, they win this game big. Instead they laid down and died.
----------
I would have been thrilled to have the McManus attempts (yes, one went for a TD) that our 4th down "go for it" calls proved to be
We can’t even attempt a 50 yard field goal and this team is in trouble come Winter months. He hits both of those and it’s a one score game with plenty of time. Don’t like that we aren’t even trying field goals from that distance.

Defense gave up too many big plays to a non-big play offense in this game. Q Carter was awful in coverage and the Rams knew it. Too many drops by our offense, questionable calls by Gase, and just plain misses by Manning. The offense looked like an unmade bed all game, just a mess. No running game is sounding like a broken record, but this game showed (again) what happens when you can’t keep a good DLine off balance with a running game. Ugly. Just ugly.
---------
Seriously disappointed in that performance. Coaching sucks I don’t see anything that john fox brings to the team. The o line is flat out terrible. If it isn’t sloppy penalties it’s giving up the same sack every game and it’s pretty clear that the coaches don’t trust them to be able to run block against good defenses. Andre caldwell gives nothing to this team his kick returns are atrocious, he’s an average WR at best. Did anyone catch his amazing attempt at a block it was brilliant.

While the WR we drafted can’t get anywhere near the field. Right now I’m wanting to see latimer in and I’m ready to see Burse in the slot because right now welker is a passenger that we can’t afford to carry. All QB struggle against pressure so not surprised to see manning struggle so to not try and attempt to run more I find bizarre. Oh and I’m getting sick of seeing the defense giving up plays on any 3rd down. So that’s my rant over I’m off for a beer.
---------
Where are optimists when you need them ?
-------

this game sucked by every measure …
well into the season the unbalance in our offense is rearing it’s ugly head. We are one dimensional and any team with a descent pass rush and competent secondary will rattle Manning. We have no running game. on fourth and one … we are throwing the ball. WTF? Our OL is in disarray in week 10. and our coaching staff is junior league. btw, whey does Fox clap when Manning throws a pick? OK, rant over.
---------
I'm disappointed, even slightly pissed
This team is better than this. Too much talent to let a mid-level team like the Rams beat them.

So, obviously NE was not enough of a wake-up call. Will it be this game? Next week? The next? They need to check themselves and ask if they really want it, because that team on the field today didn’t want it.
---------
If you go back to look at kickoff to start the game, the Rams clearly wanted to start a fight.
They were probably pissed about having their stadium taken over

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'm actually typing this up with about 9 minutes left in the game, but the Broncos don't have a comeback in them, not today.

What happened?

Every glaring hole and issue of this team was magnified today. The line couldn't open up running lanes, the line commits costly penalties, Manning throws poorly under pressure, receivers drop easy passes.

Sanders out with a concussion then John Fox strikes again. Then the injuries started to pour in. First to Montee Ball who looked to come back too early from a groin injury. Then to Julius Thomas who was ruled out early with an ankle injury. Then an already thin and underperforming receiving corps (I'm looking at you Wes Welker) suffered yet another blow when Emmanuel Sanders was knocked out of the game early in the 3rd quarter with a concussion.

3rd down after 3rd down of questionable decision making by #18 coupled with poor coaching that started with John Fox and his misunderstanding of situational football and permeated to Jack Del Rio who continues to leave the middle of the field wide open with soft zone coverage doomed the team to wasted opportunities.

The Rams played well but this performance had all the fingerprints of a self-inflicted loss all over it.
Took him awhile to type and recognize what happened. :whistle:

RamzFanz

Damnit
Ahhhhhhh, like sitting down into a warm bath on a cold day.

I loved these:

"The Rams played well but this performance had all the fingerprints of a self-inflicted loss all over it." False, Rams took control and never let go.

"On the defensive side of the ball, they allowed their 1st 100 rusher of the season and allowed journeyman nobody Shaun Hill to convert 3rd down after 3rd down." LOL, they just didn't see Hill coming and failed to recognize how much talent the Rams actually have.

Without Sanders, JT and Green to give Peyton a full 5 weapon arsenal to pick from, he can’t carry an offense.

Manning is the issue
The lack of mobility is killing us. If the pocket isn’t perfect then its almost a guaranteed sack/PM emergency wounded duck.

But...but...but...great QBs elevate those around them right :confused:.
Will say though
Sanders was the game changer. We were just about to go on the classic Broncos points roll until McClown decided to assassinate him. That injury changed the game

Moral of the story, beat McLeod once, expect to die later.

and Rams played their best game of the season.

I'm not sure we did, I just think Denver sucked, I've seen both our D and O play better, GZ was the best he's been since he was a rookie, and Hekker was his usual elite self, and Britt was awesome and Cunningham looks special, but other than that no one played above themselves.

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
From the sound of that dribble the Rams didn't even have to turn up and the Bronco's would have lost ...

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Man their fans are whiny! Fire the head coach after 3 losses! WTF? Rams fans aren't that bad, are they?

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
The common dominator in all these boards, is that they all want their coaches fired.
Fans are great at being fans. They are consistently bad at coaching.
The fact of the matter is that Fox doesn't suck. Our defense is loaded with talent and they are young and on the rise.
These guys complaining need to watch the Rams defense the past few weeks. It might give them a clearer perspective on today.
The Broncos are a good team. The Rams are on the rise.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
Does every team have at least one fan that wants to fire their coach? lol

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I love that they think their QB is the problem. Amazing what happens when your QB is under pressure and your WRs are covered. Yeah - Manning sucks. And BTW Denver fan - that was our 2nd string QB.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
Also, I think Hill was is technically considered a 2nd string QB right? lol

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
From the gang over at PFT:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/11/16/rams-pull-off-big-upset-upend-broncos/

Rams pull off big upset, upend Broncos
Posted by Michael David Smith on November 16, 2014

tremason1.jpeg
AP

In one of the biggest upsets of this NFL season, the Broncos are heading home from St. Louis licking their wounds, having suffered an ugly loss and having lost some key players in the process.

Injuries to tight end Julius Thomas, running backMontee Ball and wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders significantly slowed down the Broncos’ offense, which over the last couple years has been the best in the NFL. Today, a previously mediocre Rams Defense shut the Broncos down, and St. Louis won 22-7.

Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning topped 300 passing yards, as he so often does, but the Rams got to him in many of the game’s biggest moments, sacking him twice and intercepting him twice. This was one of Manning’s worst games as a Bronco.

Rams quarterback Shaun Hill, who was given the starting job when Austin Davis was benched last week, did what the Rams needed him to do, playing efficient and turnover-free football. Hill was also efficient when handing off to rookie running back Tre Mason, who had his first 100-yard game. Rams kicker Greg Zuerlein went 5-for-5 on field goals, and his 55- and 53-yard kicks in the fourth quarter helped the Rams put the game away.

The Rams are probably too far out of it to make a run to the playoffs, but give them credit for a big game today. The Broncos, on the other hand, are still in the lead in the AFC West, but this loss could hurt them going forward. And it has to be a concern in Denver that over their last three games, the Broncos have played well only for one fairly short stretch, against the Raiders. After looking like a great team for much of this season, the Broncos now look like anything but.
----------
22-7 doesnt tell the story. The Broncos were just flat out embarrassed and dominated. Overrated for sure.

Game could’ve changed on that horrible Sanders call, glad it didn’t.
--------
Day to forget for the Manning family. What is it between the two? 2 tds and something like 7 picks? Ouch
--------
Rams have beat both SB teams from last year.
(And SF)
--------
The HEAD, just a meaningless stat machine.
-------
Big shoutout to Tre Mason! War Eagle!
-------
I’m surprised that Manning never get’s any blame for hanging his receivers out to get killed. Actually, no i’m not, he can do no wrong.
---------
Clearly Peyton can’t handle the NFC West….
---------
The Rams aren’t a bad team. Haven’t been for a while now.

Consistency+quarterback is what we still need.
---------
hmmm. well thats why they should play the game on paper only…this is ridiculous
---------
The Broncos lost to the Rams? Hahaha! So much for being the best team in the NFL huh?
---------
This game will be rebroadcast in IMAX on Peyton’s forehead, starting this afternoon at 4:30pm, 8:00pm, and 11:30pm, Mountain Standard time.
---------
Wow how many receivers did Captain five-head hang out to get murdered with his floppy duck passes???
---------
Rams fans have a lot to be proud about today; their team showed up to play.
---------
Remember when some of you made fun of the Seahawks for losing to the Rams?
--------
John Fox shouldn’t be allowed to get on the plane home. Can him before the team leaves St Louis
-------
Tebow curse in effect!
--------
This is a joke. I am a huge Broncos fan but Manning will not get it done. I always thought he did well against a good defense but this year he has choked when playing good defenses. May be always, and that’s why he has the worst playoff ranking for a great QB. It is time we all realize Manning is not going to get done without a good running game.

It was not the defense that did not score points in SB last year. With no running game, we suck. It’s time Elway starts to think about that. I hate to be down like this but my heart aches.
---------
Rams are notorious for over achieving a few times each year. They will still finish 6-10, or 7-9.
--------
I’d laugh but I’m a Hawks fan and have no room.
--------
The same problem from last year – especially in the Super Bowl – showed up again: the Broncos can’t run the ball and, as a pass-heavy team, struggled against a suddenly strong Rams pass rush. The defense is proving to be just above OK as well. Overall, NOT a winning formula in the playoffs.
---------
The nfl will review the game tape and declare Peyton’s donkeys the winning team.
---------
Thank you St Louis…. from a Pats fan.
---------
Picked the Rams cuz of the spread but Manning folded after he lost his arsenal of weapons thats he ALWAYS has. Like his whole career. No JT or Sanders and he choked. Still had Thomas and Welker tho. Dont blame Fisher for going to Hill. Rams are still not out of this. Manning will not do anything on the road for Denver in the playoffs btw
----------
Agreed. You guys have great talent at most positions, except for QB. An above-average QB on the Rams would make a world of difference, and would make the NFC West even crazier. They have to spend their first-rounder on a QB this offseason, right? (Absent a trade or big FA signing, of course.)

- A Cards fan.
--------
If it wasn’t for the inept scoreboard operator. The broncos could have won the game.
---------
Watch how Lord manning won’t get any blame for this loss,and St. Louis won’t get an ounce of credit. Are you going to yell at the road scorekeeper? Keep scripting and practice those celebrations, golden boy, you’re looking more and more ridiculous…what rules is he going to change now? G.O.A.T. my foot.

bskrilla

Starter
"Manning is the issue."

Jesus. There are crazies in every bunch eh? Good to know that even if Sam Bradford were Peyton Fucking Manning there would still be people calling for a new QB after a loss.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
smilol.gif

dhaab

Rookie
I'm not sure we did, I just think Denver sucked, I've seen both our D and O play better, GZ was the best he's been since he was a rookie, and Hekker was his usual elite self, and Britt was awesome and Cunningham looks special, but other than that no one played above themselves.

Ogeltree had the best game of his career and McDonald and Gaines both probably did as well.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
"Manning is the issue."

Jesus. There are crazies in every bunch eh? Good to know that even if Sam Bradford were Peyton freaking Manning there would still be people calling for a new QB after a loss.

Yes. Suggesting Manning is their problem... is... Pretty poor sign of football intelligence.

What a spoiled bunch.