What Bills fans are saying before the game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?532939-Aaron-Donald-is-not-a-Rex-fan

Aaron Donald is not a Rex fan....

I think it's a bit ridiculous, but Rex made some comments 2 years ago and this guy still holds a grudge...these athletes have a long memory....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ns-words-well/
---------
Aaron Donald is the best.
---------
Oh I know...and he's having a great start so far this year...he's a beast.....
---------
I remember that video at the combine, or wherever pre-draft, when Cyril Richardson was pancacked by Aaron Donald. I remember being less interested in Cyril being pancacked and wayyyyy more dazzled by Aaron Donald. That was the moment I had wished we could have had him. Obviously we were and are stout at DT, so it wouldn't have been a stellar pick, but still.
--------
The single best example I've seen of "don't overthink it" in the draft. That guy's college film was so ridiculous.
----------
Rex needs to learn to keep his trap shut
---------
I guess Donald was only going to give it 85-90% effort in this game, but now based on Ryan’s comments from 2 years he’s going to go for the full 100%."
---------
I think anytime you add arguably the best defensive player in the league (certainly not outside of the Top 3-5), you've made a stellar pick.

I thought Donald would be interesting for Buffalo had they stayed at nine. Could have slotted right into Kyle Williams' spot.
---------
I guess that was Rex being Rex. Maybe he would be better off sometimes by guarding his tongue, in that instance figuring out a way to promote his own guy without tearing down somebody else, but Rex is always going to say what he thinks.

The question is, can Aaron Donald actually play better than he's already playing just because he didn't like what Rex Ryan said two years ago? I do think Rex will probably say some nice things about Aaron Donald if he's asked this week.
---------
Doesn't really seem like very many people on this board, in the media (Florio, amongst many) or anywhere else are Rex fans.

Rex is probably used to it by now.
--------
Im glad Donald brought that up , im sure we were going to game plan for him regardless ,
But maybe now Rex will throw some extra seasoning in there .....
---------
Rex will stand up for his players , that's why most of his players love him , and I'm sure that's more important to him then what every other idiot thinks about him .....
---------
Donald is probably only 2nd to JJ Watt when healthy....
---------
I still remember praising Donald during his senior year at Pitt and people here telling me he's too small to be a starting NFL DT.
--------
It seems like no player type goes as consistently undervalued as the "undersized bowling ball DT."

For whatever reason, FO's are hesitant to take a "small" DT that plays with a ton of power and leverage despite the fact that the biggest assets for that sort of DT are...power and leverage. Low man wins, and all that.
--------
Donald is a beast, but this thing is much ado about nothing
---------
Rex's mouth is now the O-Line's problem lol.
---------
Donald just might be the best player in football.

Love Dareus but I would take Donald over him every day of the week.
---------
Take Donald over Dareus any day. He is a much better player and not a headcase.
---------
He's a generational talent
---------
http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/189013-todd-gurley-nowhere-to-run/

Todd Gurley has Nowhere to Run

http://deadspin.com/...dium=socialflow

Todd Gurley Has Nowhere To Run
Tom Ley

Remember how excited you were for a full season of Todd Gurley, one of the few running backs in the NFL with the necessary combination of youth, ability, and a team with no pesky passing game, to emerge as one of the NFL’s last true feature backs? Well, the damn Rams don’t want you to have nice things.

Gurley ran for 33 yards on 19 carries against the Cardinals on Sunday, bringing his season total to 216 yards on 82 carries. He’s averaging 2.8 yards per rush, and his longest run of the season went for 16 yards. Going by DVOA, Gurley ranks as one of they very worst running backs in the league.

It’s unlikely that Gurley simply forgot, between the end of last season and the start of this one, how to find and run through a hole, so his struggles must owe something to factors beyond his control. Logically, you’d wonder if defenses unafraid of Case Keenum are keying on Gurley with eight- and nine-man defensive fronts. Not quite:

View: https://twitter.com/ScottBarrettDFB/status/782956980767956992

Gurley’s getting the same treatment from defensive coordinators that Ezekiel Elliot and Isaiah Crowell are, but that hasn’t stopped either of them from steamrolling defenses. The problem Gurley is facing seems to be much more basic, and thus much more worrying: the Rams just can’t block for crap.

Watching Gurley try to find open space is one of the more depressing experiences the NFL currently has to offer. It’s almost easier to count the number of times he is met by a lineman in the backfield than it is plays on which he’s given room to operate. This is the crap he’s been dealing with through the first four weeks:

lye50ruzdg93o5bqigss.jpg

Gurley’s just taken the handoff, and he already has to face two linemen who have pushed their way behind the line of scrimmage.

Here’s the Buccaneers’ line getting straight into the backfield and blowing up a run on first and 10:

y2bj7kesppjt6zeqymhe.jpg

And this is mostly what he saw against the Seahawks in Week 2:

ivdc0zcdcbomq40c2gxr.jpg

These are a few cherry-picked examples, but the numbers aren’t any kinder to the Rams’ offensive line. Through Week 3, the unit ranked as one of the worst run-blocking lines in the NFL. According to Football Outsiders, the Rams’ offensive line allowed 19 percent of its team’s rushing attempts to be stuffed at or behind the line of scrimmage, and only allowed Gurley and the other backs to earn 0.82 second-level yards (yards gained between 5-10 yards past the line of scrimmage) per carry. With yesterday’s dismal performance, those numbers are only going to get worse.

The Rams can certainly make adjustments to their scheme, but nothing they do is going to make much of a difference if the offensive line simply can’t block anyone. Gurley did manage to catch five balls for 49 yards yesterday, and spoke in the preseason about wanting to be more involved in the passing game. Maybe that’s a good way to get him useful touches, but a 1,500-yard rushing season seems like a real long shot at this point.
--------
No surprise there--they got rid of one of their only passing game weapons (Cook) in the offseason, and don't really stretch the field.

He's going to get bottled up until they can back people off--anyone else wondering why they chose to give Tavon Austin $10M per year if he can't back defenses off?
---------
It is especially interesting considering how freely the Bills seemed to run on the Cardinals D.
----------
A really bad qb brings a lot of guys into the box.

Great rb, who's killing my fantasy teams, but he will be priority #1. Their passing game is trash.
----------
Who is afraid of Case Keenum and their WRs beating them downfield?
---------
That oline has been decent in pass protection, If we are going to win on the west coast I feel like we are going to have to win that matchup and force mistakes.
----------
I picked him #1 overall in my fantasy league draft. I think he's supremely talented, but with Keenum back there, forget it - it's like the Cowboys running game last year after Romo went down.
---------
This dude can break one at any moment. Their play calling is bad, and their line is worse. However, if he gets any daylight, he can take it to the house. Let's not give him any daylight.

I hate the Rams. I really really want this win for the sake of my town. Both towns, actually.
---------
This is the perfect setup...

Gurley having a rough year

Dareus back

Coming off beating the Pats in Foxboro

Fan expectation is growing!...

Prepare for Gurley to get loose and put up 250yds and 4 TDs right up our gut.
bag.gif

---------
Nothing like a little Buffalo fan optimism.

I could swear that these examples in this post all are runs to the Robinson/Saffold side of the OL??? Fact is this is true to form of FAIL MODE for runs to the left side. Wonder what the difference is from this 2016 season & late last 2015 season??? MIA Garrett Reynolds maybe??

Not saying its all on one offensive player here, but Boys & Girls I am once again pointing out Greg Robinson weak/ poor decisions on his blocks...has returned to full operations going into week 5. Of course many will doubt me......just review him in the recent Cards game...as fact.

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
\
Not saying its all on one offensive player here, but Boys & Girls I am once again pointing out Greg Robinson weak/ poor decisions on his blocks...has returned to full operations going into week 5. Of course many will doubt me......just review him in the recent Cards game...as fact.
Robinson is grading out worse than at any point in his pathetic career.
2014: 41.3
2015: 35.9
2016: 35.4
Wish they would start Saffold at Tackle and bench Robinson.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
" I say the Rams are due for a 'Blow-Out' Victory, and this Sunday is the Time for it!!" Rams Win 31-10!!!!(y):snicker::shades::rockon::cheers:

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Yeah well all I know is the last time these two teams met...in boofulo... the Bills lost

Eff those guys

Go Rams!!!!

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
I want nothing more than for the Rams to come out and just whoop some ass. Show all the haters in the media that we're for real. But hey they can keep hating, we'll just keep winning. If we win then all the talk about buffalo will turn into oh well they aren't that good and the Rams haven't beaten any real opponents this year.

On one hand the media annoys me with that shit, but then again, I love making them look stupid.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I wouldn't have thought so before the season started, but this will be our toughest game before the bye week. Buffalo is coming in red hot after thrashing the Cards and Patriots. We've yet to face a team on such good form. They have some weapons on offense, a very stingy defence, and a QB that can hurt you. It's definitely a worrying prospect to face the Bills right now.

Plus, we struggle more with 3-4 defences as another poster mentioned above. And Shady McCoy is exactly the kind of shifty back we struggle to keep contained.

On the other hand, our Rams - and more importantly Case Keenum - seem to be improving a little bit each game. EJ Gaines showed us our secondary goes from awful to great with he's in the lineup and playing effectively. And Gurley's slump won't last forever - he's due to break out soon and steal us a win almost on his own. The fact we are 3-1 without a running game, despite being built to run and having limited passing weapons, is incredible. Once the run game gets going, L.A. is going to be extremely hard to beat.

I think it'll be a very close game that could go either way. In the end, I have to go with our Rams. The edge for me is L.A. being home team and having arguably the best special teams unit in the NFL right now. Our coverage on kick returns has been near flawless, Hekker is the best punter in the game, GZ is perfect on the year so far having yet to miss a field goal or extra point. And Austin showed last week how dangerous he is when teams kick to him (hint: that's why the never do).

One thing is for sure - we need this win. It won't be easy, but this game is winnable. We need these Ws now if we want to make the playoffs because our end of season stretch is not kind. Of our last 5 games, 4 will be quite challenging (New England and Seatlle at their stadiums, as well as matchups with the Cardinals and the suddenly-surging Falcons).

Should be a good game. GO RAMS!

Well said for a Canadian. :whistle:

We also have a potential boost in Spruce/Cooper/Higbee. Then we rollout Goff and I like how the potential this season is shaping up.

For this game though, I'm just not confident. Hopeful, but not confident. I could see a 3 point ot going either way. I can also see the Rams getting beat handily. What I can't see is a Rams blowout win.

There is enough talent there to prove me wrong though, if they get it together, and I hope they do.

Last edited:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?532983-Predicition-Time-Rams-vs-Bills

Prediction Time - Rams vs Bills

That time of the week again. I want to believe in this team. I really do. I want the Bills to be 3-2 and a legit playoff team soooooo **** bad. And considering we're getting some of our better players back right now we have a golden opportunity in front of us.

With all of that said, we have been let down way to may times in the past in games like these. Bills have a great opportunity but yet piss it away with penalties or turnovers. I can't believe in this team/coaching staff until proven otherwise:

Bills: 13
Rams: 17
----------
20-13 Bills
---------
31-7 Bills
---------
Lets pump the breaks JUST a bit on that, Oakland looks tough winning 3 on the east coast, Brady is back, Atlanta can outscore anyone.

That said I think the Rams are like the Pats, stop the run and make the QB who is not good throw. On defense Donald will get his but hope we can take him out of the mix by running screens, and quick passes away from him.

Bills - 16
Rams - 10
---------
Bills: 20
Rams: 9
---------
24-10 Buffalo. Woods goes for over 100 yards receiving with a TD
---------
A lot depends on their Dline health but I will say

24-9 Bills.
------
Bills 9
Rams 12

Walt Coleman will somehow be a major part of this game.
---------
Bills 24
Rams 10
---------
Taint breaks a punt return, McCoy with a long run + our D causes 1 strip sack and an Int in the redzone.

We cruise, 27-9.
-------
I hate feeling like this, but I think the Bills absolutely roll them 34-10 in a very lopsided game.
----------
19-9 Bills
----------
Bills 17
Rams 13
---------
Last two weeks I have bet on the opposition. First two weeks i bet on us.....

24-14 Rams (and I'll keep doing this as long as it's working)
----------
Just looked at some of the Bills/Rams team stats on NFL. com. Their offense is only averaging 15 freaking points a game. If they score more than 10 points on our defense I'll be sick.

This is one of those games where our offense needs to jump on them early, get a solid lead and then let the defense pin their ears back and dominate. Don't let their stagnant offense get going and have us trying to play catch up against their defense.
----------
27-10. I don't think the Bills start off to a lead the way they did against ARZ, but I expect the game style wise to mimic that with the Bills using the Rams aggressive pass ruch against them to run Taylor in holes, take shots deep passing wise, and the defense bottles a very weak offense. Woods with way over 100 yards and a TD and Taylor 200 yds pass 2 Tds and 50 yds rushing.
--------
"Bills (+3) over RAMS (Over/under: 40)
Last week's impressive Buffalo win was more about who started at QB for the Patriots than it was about the Bills, but Rex Ryan's crew did seem to get on the same page defensively. The Rams, meanwhile, are feeling good at 3-1, which is the perfect moment for everything to go plummeting off a cliff. This is a .500 team, after all, despite Jeff Fisher's protestations to the contrary. The fans in Los Angeles go home disappointed in Week 5. "......Fox sports prediction.
---------
10 - 7 Lambs
---------
30-10 Bills dominate early with D, jump out to an early lead and never look back.
---------
Bills 27 Ewes 17
----------
13-6 Buffalo
----------
The negativity that continues to show up on several of the posts are disturbing. They just won two games against Arizona and New England and it's still continues to be negative. How about we believe this season will be different.
Bills win 20 - 10
---------
Bills 20 Rams 14
---------
Bills 20
Rams 6
---------
17-13 bills win
---------
Rams 14 Bills13
----------
Bills 19 Rams 17
----------
We get a couple big turnovers, one of which will put us in the redzone, that'll be the differnce.

Bills - 13
Rams - 10
---------
Bills 47 - Rams 17

Bills dominate early, 3 offensive TD's, 2 Defensive TD's - 4 Field Goals all before the 4th quarter.
Rams score an early TD then do nothing till we're resting our starters in the 4th with a hefty 40pt lead.
You get the picture. This is mostly a confident bunch. There ares 3 more pages of this. If you care to wade through more comments, click the link below.

http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?532983-Predicition-Time-Rams-vs-Bills/page3

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
As of this morning the Vegas Line has the Rams at 2 point Dogs in this game!! " I personally Love it! The Rams are going to Kick Buffalo's A--!! Bet on it!!"(y)(y)(y):mrburnsevil: