What 49ers Fans Are Saying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
oh the joy.jpg

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
This thread is mostly them arguing about whether their offense or defense is worse, lol.
http://sportshoop.la/threads/49ers-vs-rams-pre-game-thread.194169/

49ers vs Rams Pre Game Thread:

Getting our 1st conference win would be nice. I think 49ers have a shot here but the coaching staff has to actually come up with a game plan. If the coaches show up the way they game planned for Seattle we have no shot.

Rams have a good D so I think the Oline will struggle.
--------
I think we win. The Rams can beat anyone, but they can also consistently put up sub-14. I'm thinking it'll be a mix of both. We won't score very many points, and it'll be close, but we'll win. I can see something like 16 to 14. (I could also see 27 to 20, etc., as anything is possible, just making a guess.) I can be way off and see a blowout either way. That's how inconsistent these teams are.
-------
I think we lose. We will have no answer for their front 7. They will sack us about 6/7 times and the offense will continue to be the worst in the league.

The D might be able to hold them to a modest amount of points, but it won't matter if we can't score. Plus it's in St. Louis so we don't have much of a shot.
--------
Yeah I agree if we cant score it doesnt matter what our D does. The problem we cant depend on our D this year because we have the worst or one of the worst in the league. Either way we are screwed. The good news offense has shown progress 2 out of the last 3 games. So maybe they can carry us to a win. Who knows.
-------
The offense showed life against two bad defense. The Rams have a very good front seven, comparable to the Seahawks. Oline will struggle to create holes on the running game and will have an even tougher time protecting Kap. Defense will tire out due to the ineptitude of the offense. Rams 24 Niners 6.
--------
As far as the division race is concerned, I prefer the 9ers win this one but I don't see it due to the Rams D.
--------
I just don't see how Martin, Devey, and Pears is going to hold back the Rams front seven. They just can't block good dlines. Ted Robinson this morning had an interestiing observation. He rewatched the entire the game.

He said in the first half the 49ers kept people back to help out in pass blocking. Kap had time but no one was getting open. In the 2nd half the 49ers changed strategy and sent more players out in pass patterns and the oline got torched.
-------
Rams dline is stout and our oline is horrible. Not a good match
--------
So true. "The good, the bad, and the ugly." The good is that the Niners have a bye in two weeks. The bad is the "offense" and the ugly is this whole season which started with the front office not being able to put egos aside. I have a feeling the Rams' Dline will dominate the OLine. I bet they're licking their chops after last Thursday's massacre.
--------
Devey and Pears is as good as an expressway to the backfield
--------
I predict another loss.
--------
Tomsula keeps saying "we're going to fix it." It's the same line I tell my wife about the side gate. "I'm going to fix it."
-------
I don't think the St Louis offense is as good as Seattle. Maybe the score won't get out of hand. I'm hoping the SF defense can keep the game interesting stopping the run and not allowing the big play. Sure it's a lot to ask.
--------
I read a stat somewhere St Louis is 2nd in the league in sacks. That doesn't bode well for the 49ers that can't pass protect.
-------
Good news our offense is ranked 26th and the Rams Offense is ranked 32nd. Bad News Our D is ranked 31st and Rams D ranked 10th.

So we have one of the worst offense going against one of the Worst D's in the league. If our D steps up and stops rams bad offense we have a shot.
--------
In my opinion, the most important stat is points per game. We're dead last in that category. And not only are we dead last, but we have the worst points per game in the league since 2012.
--------
The way I see it, the Seahawks have a better offense than the Rams and the Niner defense held them to 20 points. I'm hopeful defense can keep it at 13 or under. Baseball score would be bonus.

Right now, I don't expect much from offense. I'll be extremely happy if they can have a few possessions without punting.
--------
Our defense is not worse than our offense. Our offense is the worst in the league and the worst the league has seen in the last several years.

Our defense is not the worst in the league.
-------
If it's not us (SF) winning the division, I hope St. Louis does.
-------
Our defense is not the worse in the league. There are some issues, but played well against Green Bay, Minnesota, and to an extent Seattle. The offense I believe is the worst in the league by far. Against Seattle, 11 possessions, 9 punts and converted 1/11 3rd downs. Offense does nothing to compliment the defense. There are issues with the OL and coaching staff, but it starts with the QB, and Kap is horrible (understatement).
--------
The offense is really bad. They both stink.
---------
A good discussion on the importance of the O-line to a QB.
http://www.ninersnation.com/2015/10/27/9622760/kaepernick-or-the-offensive-line

Kaepernick or the Offensive Line?
By djbake6798

After 1.5 impressive seasons and a slightly underthrown ball away from back to back Super Bowl appearances it seems apparent Kaepernick has been regressing since the start of 2014. So I've been researching Kaps performance, looking at the individual games last year to see when and where he seemed to drop off. I found a few things that I thought were interesting.

After 11 games last year the Niners were 7-4 and Kap was averaging just under 240 ypg and had 15 TD's and 6 INT's (3 came in 1 game against the Bears). The last 5 games the team went 1-4 and he averaged 150 ypg and had 4 TD's and 4 INT's. So what happened?

The Offensive Line in 2014: In 6 of the Niners 8 losses last year Jonathan Martin started at RT instead of Anthony Davis. The other 2 losses came in the 1st game A. Davis returned to the lineup from injury SD and STL. The SD loss the team scored 35 points and although Kap only had 114 yards passing he did have 151 yards rushing, completed 62% of his passes, with a TD and 0 INT: I was out of the country and didn't see that game so I don't really know how he played other than the stats.

The other loss with Davis in the lineup was the Rams game where Kap was a respectable 22 of 33 for 237 yards with 1 TD and 0 INT, but fumbled not fumbled at the goal as time expired. Additionally the last 5 of the teams losses came after Kilgore was injured in the Denver game. They played 3 of those games without Kilgore or Davis in the lineup and 2 were without Kilgore but Davis coming back from injury.

So last year when the Niners were 7-4, 3 of the losses came with Martin in at RT and the 1-4 finish (where Kaps passing numbers tanked) 3 losses came without Kilgore and Davis. Also of note the first 2 losses of the season were Boone's first games of the season after holding out and missing camp and preseason in addition to Davis being out.

The Offensive Line in 2015. Do I even need to write anything about how bad its been?

I get that QB's need to overcome bad line play to some extent and that Kap hasn't always played well regardless of line play. But it just might be more the play of the Offensive Line than Kap that is the Niners problem the last year and a half.
--------
I mean
You can’t play successful offensive football with poor offensive line play. The Niners had serious weaknesses on the line in all 8 of their losses last year and even more problems this year. All (or I should say most) of the dynasties had great offensive lines: the Steelers in the 70’s, the 80’s Niners, the Hogs from the Redskins teams, the 90’s Cowboys, the Patriots have never had a bad o-line during their run.
--------
I remember when the Dallas line got old and Emmit Smith retiring, Troy Aikman went from all pro to horrid.
That along with being concussioned out of football. I have never seen a QB make such a complete turn around in so short a time. O-lines are very important.
-------
put simply
both. Kaep leaves plays on the field due to missed reads and inaccurate throws. he also gets pressured or sacked at least once every 4 downs.

it’s a compounded problem. Kaep has happy feet (though are you paranoid if they’re really out to get you?) and doesn’t trust his offense yet…cause he’s still learning it. he does not make quick decisions which sometimes lead to sacks and in general bad QB play. But the O-line’s extremely poor play rattles what little confidence Kaep has in his ability to get the ball to his receivers.
--------
I dont think
Kaeps feet are very happy at the moment
--------
so I get both- Kap isn't a perfect qb and has issues
but is it 50/50? I don’t think so. I think protection accounts for 50%, Playcalling 25% and Kaps deficiencies 25%. And how many sacks has he avoided due to being mobile? Probably an equal number to the times he’s held it too long. And all QB’s leave plays on the field, get fooled by disguised coverages, make bad throws, etc.
-------
As I stated further down, Kaps weaknesses are further amplified by bad o-line play, and limit his strengths. For comparisons sake, let’s look at Wilson.

Wilsons biggest strength is being elusive, and extending plays long enough for a receiver to get open down field. When one doesn’t get open, he typically scrambles for positive yardage. This skill set can actually be effectively utilized with a bad line.

Kap can throw amazing deep passes, and can break through a hole and run for huge gains. Poor Oline play erases these holes, and also doesn’t allow the time for a deep pass to develop. His weaknesses are anticipating throws, and quick short passes, which are needed if the line is playing poorly. Very bad situation for his skill set.
--------
The other thing with Wilson
is the Seahawks haven’t tried to "fix" him. They let him be Russell Wilson. He scrambles, he runs read option, they let him do what he is good at. Since the end of 2013 its all been about "fixing" Kaepernick’s flaws instead of letting him play to his strengths.

I mean the guy is 6’4" 230, that’s bigger than Adrian Petersen- let him run (there wasn’t one designed run against Seattle), not only is he big and strong, but he gets the protection of being a QB and he does slide. So he’s busy trying to "fix" his flaws while his O-line is disintegrating around him and he looks lost. Fix the O-line and as Joe Montana said let him play how he plays.
--------
When Wilson scrambles his receivers are far more open than the receivers that Kaep has to throw too.
On his TD to Lockett- not only was T.Lockett wide open but so was R. Lockette. Kaep has to throw trough much smaller windows than Wilson does. Wilsons two interceptions at the end of the game came when threw the ball up when his receivers were in better coverage.

From what some people say Seattle practices scramble drills- coming back to the QB or just looking for an open space when the QB is under pressure. The NIner receivers are really bad at that. They just stand on one spot and wait for the ball.
--------
Without accounting for dropsies...
I’d put it at 40% OL, 30% play calling/offensive design and 30% Kap. My fear is Kap is being ruined mentally and he’ll never snap out of it.
--------
he’s got a mental funk thing going. He’s starting to see ghosts even when the protection is good.
-------
How pissed would Brady be
With an Oline like this, and how long would the Hoody allow it to go on?
--------
Agreed, but Brady probably knows how to adjust his offense and WR routes to compensate
Can Kap do that in the game planning sessions? Can he direct changes at halftime or between series? Doubt it.
---------
Brady has taken teams with very bad OL to the playoffs on more than one occasion
Good QBs can neutralize a bad OL. They might only win 7 or 8 games, but they perform better than Kap is.
--------
Brady had Devey last year and people were questioning whether he was washed up.
Then they benched Devey. Then they won the Super Bowl. Then they traded Devey to the 49ers.

Tom Brady is a happy man.
--------
Exactly! QB's can only compensate for so much bad O-line play.
Most teams that have elite pocket passers make the O-line their top priority. To say that an elite QB would be able to play behind a really bad line is absurd and delusional. As was mentioned the Niner O-line has established a new level of bad. That one ex lineman who is now an announcer stated that was the worst O-line he has ever seen. Now to make a statement like that really says it all.
-------
I am currently of the belief that Kap has flaws and he has strengths. I believe his flaws are minimized and strengths maximized when he has consistent protection. On the other end his flaws become amplified and his strengths minimized when his line doesn’t hold up. Furthermore, I think it becomes infinitely harder for him to improve his flaws with bad line play.
--------
I am no longer thinking that Kap can be an "elite" QB, but the o-line is the biggest issue with our offense right now. I will be bummed if we get rid of Kap, simply because I think it takes 2 seasons minimum for a rookie QB to get close to his potential. If we get rid of Kap, without a backup plan, we are probably looking at 2018 as the soonest we can compete for a SB. Given the state of our roster, that may be the case anyway, but I lean towards optimism.

If we draft a QB next year, he can develop behind Kap and Gabbert. If Kap comes around, great. If not, the only thing we lose is the incremental cap space of keeping Kap around another year. It’s not ideal, but its good risk management. The guy we draft may not even become a viable QB. I also advocate getting Gabbert on the field at some point this year, simply to see if he has improved with his time on the bench.
--------
It's all on the Oline..
Ck didn’t just learn how to be terrible overnight.
I know he has his faults but cmon, no time to scan, no time look at a second option before he is looking down the necks of atleast three defensive linesman. I can understand why he looks like he is shitting himself every snap, I would be.

And getting pressure as quick as he does its no wonder our WR aren’t getting their routes finished or finding separation.

It’s no wonder Hyde isn’t getting the yards he is capable of, his so called blockers are getting pushed back into him.

The Oline is the only piece of our team that we can change and have a guarantee of improvement.

One Devey nearly ruined Brady and so I’m pretty confident in saying having essentially 3 Deveys playing alongside each other on our Oline is a good recipe in getting any QB stewed.

I admit I’m not a student of the game in the way many are around here and my opinion is just that, supported by zero stats and facts.
However I do have great eyesight and each game I watch our oppositions defence wave at our Oline as they pass them by unimpeded on their way to smashing our QB.
--------
Answer to your title question: Neither ... it's more than that!
1. An offensive line that can’t pass protect … leaving the QB with about 3 nanoseconds to make a decision before he gets clobbered, again.
2. An offensive scheme that doesn’t emphasize the short passing game (i.e., "hot routes") … forcing the need for the QB to "look outside".
3. WRs and TEs who can’t separate from coverage quickly … meaning that the QB’s best alternatives are to (a) risk an interception by throwing to covered receivers, (b) throw the ball away, © try to escape and run, or (d) take a sack.
4. When the QB does make the perfect throw to a covered receiver, he frequently drops the ball.
5. A coaching staff that has no clue how to combat the defensive schemes that they’re facing.
6. As a result of 1. through 5. plus the physical pounding that he has taken, a QB that is completely and totally frustrated … as well he should be.

Ask yourself honestly … IF you were a QB, is THIS the situation that you’d love to be playing in? How well would you (or any NFL QB) play in it?
----------
Kap is not the biggest problem on this team. I don't blame him for "99% of the teams problems"
The OL is decimated from C to RT…that is a huge issue. That needs to be addressed going forward, no matter who is under center.

That said, Kap just isn’t a great QB. The teams that are contenders year in and year out have a great QB. I want to improved play from the most important position on the field. It is much easier to field an average defense and running game than it is to try and get the top 3 defense and top 5 or so OL it takes for us to compete with Kap. That’s all. He definitely isn’t part of the solution.
---------
The 180 on Kap is crazy
The media has hated him from the get go. Many 49er fans were also not keen on his replacing Alex Smith. I feel this made him an easy scapegoat.

Aside from poor O-line play, our receivers were dropping a lot of passes too, in 2014. We had multiple receivers last year among the highest in dropped passes in the league. Boldin ranked 10th, Crabtree ranked 13th, VD was 36th (but dropped 10% of the passes thrown to him). That may not be an issue on an offense that throws 30-40 times a game, but that isn’t us.

I also remember discussions after game 2 this season, where many thought Kap was the only one who seemed to show up to play football on the offense. We were talking of the horrible coaching, and lack of discipline from the players overall. Then Kap had the worst game of his career and everyone is ready to kick him to the curb.

This is probably the worst Oline I can recall watching, Kap is working on completely modifying his throwing motion, has seemingly incompetent coaching and now has to deal with all the fans and media constantly talking about how bad he is. I still feel he is the best QB we have had in a really long time. Unfortunately, I don’t think he will get close to his potential due to horrendous coaching, management and fan/media scorn.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/10/30/jed-york-plans-to-continue-keeping-a-low-profile/

Jed York plans to continue keeping a low profile
Posted by Mike Florio on October 30, 2015

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpwqxywezmdqwodhkmgnmmjy1ndq2zjvjztjjztlkmzy0-e1446232824307.jpeg
AP

Last year, after the 49ers moved on from the best coach in franchise history who didn’t win a Super Bowl, owner Jed York told fans to hold him accountable if the franchise doesn’t compete for championships.

With the franchise now competing unsuccessfully for third place in the NFC West, plenty of fans want to hold him accountable. Or to at least hear something from him. They apparently won’t be.

“Just ran into Jed York,” tweeted Matt Maiocco of CSNBayArea.com on Friday afternoon. “He said it’s not his place to talk about football during the season but promised a meeting with media in [the] future.”

A year ago, York thought it was his place to apologize for a poor offensive performance in a Thanksgiving night loss to the Seahawks. In York’s defense, he perhaps has learned from that experience that he shouldn’t be saying anything while games are being played.

Still, promising in the press conference in “the future” isn’t really promising anything. At some point, surely, York will meet with the media. It could be when he’s addressing a mutual parting with coach Jim Tomsula or G.M. Trent Baalke. (Or both.) Or it could be when York is introducing a new coach or G.M. (Or both.)

Tim Kawakami of the San Jose Mercury News recently made the case for York to talk now, in order to address the current state of the franchise, seven games into the failed post-Harbaugh era. York apparently won’t be talking, but that definitely won’t keep fans from holding him accountable, in ways that involve them holding something that typically isn’t seen at a football game.
---------
Man, I feel bad for 49ers fans. Even I joined the Fire Jed York Facebook page. Fans should stop showing up to games until he finally sells the team

https://www.facebook.com/firejedyork/
-------
Big talk followed by the equivalent of a punt?

We call this “pulling a Yorkie.”
--------
This guy is talentless and has no hope. Like his team.
-------
Arguably the worst owner in the NFL.
-------
Jed York doesn’t give a rat’s rear. He’s quietly made the 49ers the 5th most valuable franchise in the NFL (worth ~$2.7 billion). So while the fans and players suffer, he’ll continue to make the big bucks with his shiny new stadium that caters more towards revenue than it does the pride and legacy of a once great franchise.
--------
What a joke. First he tells people to hold him accountable for the performance of the team. He then proceeds to run a good coach out of town and replaces him with their puppet to run the team. Now that the team sucks (which was foreseen by everyone with half a brain-which explains why York and Baalke didn’t see it coming) he’s going to run away and hide. Way to face the music Jed. You’re a tool.
--------
When did Andrew Luck become owner of the 49ers?
-------
Of the 32 owners in the League there is only one who never held a real job before being placed in charge of a 1.2 billion dollar franchise. His name is Jed York.

He got the job as a graduation present and like most unqualified employees his performance speaks for itself. Like most spoiled brats he didn’t know how to deal with someone questioning him. He can only function dealing with sycophants (i.e. his parents, Baalke, Tomsula) and so back in the basement we go like we were since his parents took over.
--------
Jed York is turning the 49ers into the old Clippers of the NFL
-------
As a Rams fan it almost pains me to see a once great team with a storied rivalry with the Rams fall into obscurity under a lackey like Jed York. With that being said I look very forward to the Rams pummeling Kaep on Sunday.
--------
Well Niner faithful were back in the dark ages thanks to those damn York’s let see what they have done for this team since strong arming it from Eddie D:

Under John York:
1. fired Steve Mariucci Years coached: 1997-2002 Record: 57-39

2. Hired Dennis Erickson (bust)
Years coached: 2003-2004
Record: 9-23

3.Hired Mike Nolan (bust)
Years coached: 2005-2008
Record: 18-3

Jed takes over from his old man……

4.Hires Mike Singletary (bust)
Years coached: 2008-2010
Record: 18-22

5. Hires 18. Jim Harbaugh (excellent but too mean hurts the little mans feelings the way he treats people)
Years coached: 2011-2014
Record: 44-19-1

6.Hires 19. Jim Tomsula (TBA but we all know how this will end.
Years coached: 2015-Present
Record: Currently 2-5

The only thing little man has done is make our franchise more valuable on wall street. Thanks to riding Harbs coat-tails, and getting a (questionable) vote passed to build our new stadium. This only benefits the Yorks not Niner Nation.

Shame on you York family you need to be held accountable but are hiding as usual.

Sucks for us fans…go ahead everyone take your cheap shots at us we done for quite a while…we need to bring Eddie back and send these “business” people back to Youngstown. \

#Ninerfaitfulforever
#stuckinpurgatory
---------
how many owners totally dismantle one of the best teams in football? they had a bad season last year but that was an aberration, you don’t get rid of the entire coaching staff, a staff that took you to a superbowl and three straight NFC championship games.

The guy is a doofus

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
The Rams should win. They're clearly the better team. The 49ers are a hot mess. Kap is a hot mess. Surprise retirements and injuries have decimated them. Matchups favor us in quite a few areas.

But after losing at home to the cards with their 3rd string QB last year, losing to the 5-9 Giants at home, losing the Redskins this season, losing to a Steelers team where we knocked out their QB and held them to 12 points, well, I just can't feel comfortable about any game. No matter how bad the opposition looks.

We should win, but I'll wait till after the game before I assume anything.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2015/10/30/9645882/st-louis-rams-san-francisco-49ers-preview

St. Louis Rams Vs. San Francisco 49ers: Preview Q&A With Niners Nation
By 3k@3k_ on Oct 30, 2015

usa-today-8869975.0.jpg

Ed Szczepanski-USA TODAY Sports

Getting the inside info from David Fucillo of Niners Nation, the SB Nation community for San Francisco 49ers fans.

The San Francisco 49ers.

I harbor few positive feelings about this team, the players or the memories they bring back. It was largely just not good.

One thing I do give them credit for? Some good fans like David Fucillo who heads up Niners Nation, the community for fans of said team. So I linked up with Fooch to get the insider look at what's crumbling for them this season and what the outlook is moving forward for the Niners.

Well, it's the first of our two this year, and for Rams fans who have gotten used to a certain brand of the Niners...this year looks different. Obviously, the offseason gutted the team from the coach down, but do you pin the 2-5 start entirely on the attrition? Is it more the performance of the components that are around now, like Jim Tomsula and Colin Kaepernick more than the absence of the Niners who are gone?

It's a combination of both. A lot of the players that departed were on the downside of their career, or coming off a single strong year, but the 49ers have struggled to replace a lot of them. They lost Mike Iupati and Anthony Davis on the offensive line, and Jordan Devey and Erik Pears have been brutal substitutes. They lost Justin Smith and Ray McDonald, and while Quinton Dial and Glenn Dorsey are solid defensive linemen, they don't bring nearly the same level of play.

Colin Kaepernick has struggled in a big way, and it seems like without a good offensive line and strong defense, he has reached his ceiling. I do think he can be a better quarterback, but not with this current version of the 49ers. A bad offensive line hurts, but even when he does have time in the pocket, he makes bad decisions, or just cannot make some of the throws.

As for Tomsula? It does seem like he's in over his head. He is a much more player-friendly coach, so there seems to be a certain intensity lacking in the preparation. It's one of many problems with this team.

The offensive line is awful, and Colin Kaepernick is struggling to make the kinds of throws he needs to make. An ex-coach said Kap lacks the kind of trust needed to make a lot of the timing throws we expect. Instead, he is just waiting for his guys to get open. It limits the passing game tremendously, and when the team falls behind by more than a touchdown, it seems like it's pretty much game, set and match.

The offensive line is a big part of the problem. The right side is awful, and the left side has struggled in part because they have to make up for the right side. And the team is unwilling to make significant changes to try and shore up this unit. Aaron Donald and that defensive front could do some serious damage on Sunday.

On the other side, you're 31st in yards allowed per game. Again...what in the world is going on?

No consistent pass rush is the big problem. Aaron Lynch is their best pass rusher, but even he is limited when the defensive line can't clear nearly enough space. The lack of a pass rush gives opposing quarterbacks plenty of time to find their targets, no matter how well the 49ers secondary is playing.

As for the secondary, it's an inconsistent group that can't fully execute the schemes Eric Mangini is using. The safeties do not provide nearly enough cover for the cornerbacks, and these are not "shutdown" cornerbacks that can handle it all on their own. They're not bad cornerbacks, but they're not good enough yet to do it on their own.

As for the bad play against the run game? Big deficits are one big reason for that, but they are struggling in basic fundamentals like tackling. Physical running backs are going to have their way with the 49ers defense until the group proves it can, you know, tackle.

So it is. You guys fell off a cliff coming off of the 2011-2013 run. How much does it feel incomplete without a sixth 49ers Super Bowl win? Three NFC Championships is a hell of a three-year streak. Is there any satisfaction there or does the lack of a ring render it less impressive than it seems to at least one Rams fan?

Oh it definitely feels incomplete without the Super Bowl ring. The 49ers had never lost a Super Bowl before that one. Even though the Steelers had the one more ring, 49ers fans could say, well, we have no Super Bowl losses. That's no longer the case. And given how quickly things fell apart in the year and a half since their last NFC title game appearance, it's all the more incomplete. In some ways, the 49ers were two or three plays away from three consecutive Super Bowl appearances. There is so much that feels incomplete about it. Thanks, Jed.

Let's focus on Sunday. What do you expect from the Niners? The line's as in favor of the Rams as I've seen in a long, long, long, long time. If you guys were going to pull the upset, what would it take?

I have two significant opposing feelings. My initial thought was 8.5 or 9 points is way too many for a Nick Foles/Jeff Fisher-led Rams squad to be giving. That offense has been bad enough in the passing game, that it seems to open the door for the 49ers to at least cover this one. Furthermore, divisional games are always tricky to figure out, and the 49ers are coming in with extra rest and prep time. Maybe we see more of the screen game, and more outside runs to negate the Rams defensive strengths up the middle.

And then I remember that the 49ers will be trotting out the same offensive line against a Rams defensive front that is downright scary. I feel like Kap getting sacked fewer than five times this game would be a bit of a victory. 49ers OC Geep Chryst could surprise us with a great game plan coming off a couple extra days of preparation, but execution still seems to be a problem.

And this Rams offense suddenly has an impressive young running back in Todd Gurley. It's not exactly the same, but you could make a bit of a comparison between this Rams team and the 2011 49ers. By that, I mean they have the strong ground game (not as good an offensive line), and a great defense. You don't need a great quarterback when you can roll that out.

I was thinking of taking the 49ers at +8.5, but now I am probably staying the hell away from this game. I can see a few reasons the 49ers could cover, and I can see a few reasons they could easily get beaten in similar fashion to what we saw against the Rams last week (20-3).

Thanks to Fooch for the time.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Its easy to understand if people aren't completely sold on the Rams for this game. The score against Cleveland last week is misleading. It was only a 10-6 game in the 4th quarter and those 10 points came directly off turnovers. A TD fumble return and a FG after a fumble recovery and subsequent 3 and out.

Gurley is the ultimate closer though. His yards come in bunches later in the game. As long as you're not trailing with a minute left, you can use Gurley in the run game if you need a game winning drive and have a few minutes left. He's fully capable of picking up first downs on his own. And fully capable of breaking off a long one.

But this whole on again off again Fisher trait bugs me. He needs to have his team prepared every game if they want to be considered a legit contender. Tomorrow is an opportunity to buck a trend. Have they ever gone 4-3 under Fisher?

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I think we win. The Rams can beat anyone, but they can also consistently put up sub-14. I'm thinking it'll be a mix of both. We won't score very many points, and it'll be close, but we'll win. I can see something like 16 to 14. (I could also see 27 to 20, etc., as anything is possible, just making a guess.) I can be way off and see a blowout either way. That's how inconsistent these teams are.
The Rams have scored 10 points each in their 3 Loses. BUT they've scored 31-24 and 24 points in their 3 Wins!
So where in the FUG this guy gets this "..consistently put up sub 14 points is beyond me!!:thinking:

I think we lose. We will have no answer for their front 7. They will sack us about 6/7 times and the offense will continue to be the worst in the league.
This sounds about right ..BUT.. (see below):burp:
Kaep leaves plays on the field due to missed reads and inaccurate throws. he also gets pressured or sacked at least once every 4 downs.
If this^ is True, the Rams will get about a dozen sacks and score 60+ Points!!:mrburnsevil::rolllaugh:

Athos

Legend
Fuck I hope Foles comes prepared to man up and make some tough passes tomorrow.

Open things up for the Todd.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
how many owners totally dismantle one of the best teams in football? they had a bad season last year but that was an aberration, you don’t get rid of the entire coaching staff, a staff that took you to a superbowl and three straight NFC championship games.
That would be the triumvirate of Georgia, Shaw and Zygmunt. The GSOT was nearly as short-lived as Harbaugh's niners. The last winning season was the 12-4 in 2003.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
No. They have been 3-3 twice before and lost the following game.
freak I hope Foles comes prepared to man up and make some tough passes tomorrow.

Open things up for the Todd.

To me this is a defining moment for Jeff Fisher. You have the exact team you have always wanted. The one we aways have been told is just around the corner. You can either beat a downtrodden team at home convincingly as you have the talent to do and validate what you've been doing. Or you can come out unprepared and unmotivated like has been the case so many times before and show us that maybe another coach is what's required. Sounds harsh at the 6 game mark but this SF team is poorly QBed, poorly coached, and poorly motivated. Our biggest weakness on offense is their biggest weakness on defense. This is as close to tilted odds as you will get in the parity driven NFL. It's time to put on our big boy pants and take the next step.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/10/31/49ers-cut-australian-rugby-star-jarryd-hayne/

49ers cut Australian rugby star Jarryd Hayne
Posted by Michael David Smith on October 31, 2015

jarryd-hayne.jpg
AP

The Jarryd Hayne era is over in San Francisco.

Hayne, the Australian rugby league star who made a splash in the preseason and surprised a lot of people by making the 49ers’ 53-man roster, has been released.

The 49ers announced the move today. They cut Hayne in favor of running back Kendall Gaskins, who has been promoted from the practice squad to the active roster.

Although Hayne showed some promise as a running back and kick returner, he never looked completely comfortable and struggled with fielding punts. He has the athletic talent to play in the NFL, but he had a steep learning curve and ultimately couldn’t get up to speed fast enough.

Hayne will now be placed on waivers, and it wouldn’t be surprising if some other team decides to pick him up and give him a shot. If he clears waivers, it also wouldn’t be surprising to see the 49ers add him to their practice squad. Hayne might have a future in the NFL, even if he’s not ready yet.
---------
Oh, there’s going to be much crying over this in 49er land. No doubt it’ll be cast as part of one of the many conspiracy theories about Jed York’s desire to completely destroy the club and use Kaepernick and Tomsula as his fall guys…

(I’m probably blending in too many idiot theories, but at this point the fandom, and much of the press, has gone full retard.)
--------
He will get picked up by another team and be successful because San Francisco is ignorant
--------
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/179408-49ers-sign-kendall-gaskins-practice-squad/

Gaskin is not NFL quality.
--------
Nope
wallbash.gif

-------
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/183610-what-do-with-jarryd-hayne/page27/

Goodbye Hayne

lol
--------
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
ohkay
--------
Seriously disappointing smh

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I get the Rams/Whiners...Also a weird deal here...Fox has a triple-header (with the early London game), CBS has only a late game...Seems kind of unfair to CBS, though I couldn't care less...

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I get the Rams/Whiners...Also a weird deal here...Fox has a triple-header (with the early London game), CBS has only a late game...Seems kind of unfair to CBS, though I couldn't care less...
CBS had the triple header last week, sort of. They had a 10am and 1pm PST game and they aired the Yahoo game in the local markets. And I'd imagine next week CBS will get 2 games and Fox will get 1.