What 49ers Fans Are Saying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
uTuUtxc.png

Another fanbase that has given up. Notice that the author of this article has the 49ers favored on the road against the Rams. It's the other way around dummy. :palm:
*********************************************************************************
http://www.ninersnation.com/2015/10...francisco-road-dog-at-st-louis-for-first-time

49ers-Rams odds: San Francisco road dog at St. Louis for first time since 2010
By David Fucillo@NinersNation

The 49ers are 7.5-point underdog heading into St. Louis for Week 8. We break down an early look at the matchup.

The San Francisco 49ers travel to face the St. Louis Rams in Week 8, and the 49ers have opened as a 7.5-point favorite. This actually marks the first time since 2010 that the Rams have been favored against the 49ers. In the last four games in St. Louis, the 49ers were favored by 3.5 (2014), 3.5 (2013), 7.0 (2012), 12.5 (2011). In case you're wondering, the 49ers were 3-1 SU in those games, and 2-2 ATS. You can actually get a 9-point spread on a couple websites tracked by OddsShark.

The Rams enter this game sitting at 3-3, one game back of the Arizona Cardinals (playing tonight) in the NFC West. The Rams beat the Cleveland Browns 24-6, thanks to big efforts from their defense and Todd Gurley. They jumped out on top quickly, with Rodney McLeod returning a fumble 20 yards for a touchdown. They would go on to recover four Browns fumbles.

That turned it into the Todd Gurley show. Gurley rushed 19 times for 128 yards, and scored two touchdowns. The passing game was pretty meh, with Nick Foles completing 15 of 23 passes for 163 yards. Foles avoided turnovers, while Jared Cook had one fumble.

The Rams host a 49ers squad that is struggling to do much of anything. The 49ers beat the Baltimore Ravens two weeks ago, but then got thumped by the Seattle Seahawks, and are now 2-5. The team is struggling to do much of anything.

The offense is in shambles when they face a decent defense, with Colin Kaepernick unable to get anything going. Part of that is his own inconsistencies, and part of that is the ugly right side of the offensive line. The Rams strong front seven could have a field day against this offensive line.

On the other side of the ball, the 49ers defense can't get a consistent pass rush, and struggled to make basic tackles against the Seahawks. Marshawn Lynch rushed 27 times for 122 yards. In four games, Todd Gurley has 442 rushing yards, averaging 6.0 yards per carry. And in the first of those four games, he had six rushes for nine yards. In the three games since, he is averaging 144 yards a game. I do like the 49ers matchup against Nick Foles, but I am not excited seeing the 49ers face Todd Gurley.

I'll take a closer look at the line as the week moves along, but my early choice would be staying away from the 49ers in general. It is tempting to fade them each week, but divisional games are always tough to figure out. That Rams defense and the Todd Gurley factor make them tempting, even at 7.5 points. But this is a Jeff Fisher team. As bad as the 49ers have been, Fisher can find ways to yack this up.
----------
Wait... what?
"and the 49ers have opened as a 7.5-point favorite. "

really? i’m confused
--------
I hope the 49ers lose. They need to tank for a high draft pick. Mediocre levels of losing will not work.
This has been a really weird year. First time in NFL history to have five teams with a 6-0 record.
--------
Only 7.5?
---------
http://www.scout.com/nfl/49ers/forums/1922-49ers-hardcore/14218237-how-bad-are-the-2015-49ers

HOW BAD ARE THE 2015 49ERS?

After watching most of the debacle on Thursday night. Was curious how inept the 2015 49ers really are.

Offensive categories which they are DEAD LAST in the NFL:

-yards per game: 295

-yards per play: 5.0

-points per game: 14.7

-total points (among teams that have played 7 games): 103

***note: the three teams currently behind SF in points scored (Dallas, Minnesota, and St. Louis have only played 5 games versus SF's 7 games)

Defensive ranking in the NFL:

30th in yards allowed in NFL (406 yds/game)

30th (tied) in yards per play allowed at 6.1

30th in passing yards allowed (293 yds/game)

30th in completion percentage allowed (70.1%)

25th in QB rating allowed (100.1)

32nd in pass plays over 25 yds allowed (28)

32nd (tied) in pass plays over 40yds allowed (7)

FWIW the rush defense and rush offense is ranked right around the middle of the pack in most categories.

Will this team match the Erickson team that went 2-14? Not sure, but it may be just a bad. There are games against Detroit, Cleveland, and Chicago on the horizon. However, they are all on the road. Chicago has Fangio, Detroit has potential to present a difficult pass offense to defend, Cleveland has performed better than expected on offense and are currently 9th in the NFL in pass offense. IMO 2-14 is still in play.

Not a team completely devoid of talent, it is just devoid of coaching talent.

Big changes coming this offseason! Oh wait, forgot who the owner is.....nevermind. More cost-savings coming next year.....maybe player coaches in coaching and coordinator roles.

Hey York......we're holding you accountable.
----------
They're quite bad. They may not be devoid of talent, but they're missing talent in some key places.

The complete disintegration of the offensive line over the past few years is the primary culprit in the offense getting worse and worse--it inhibits the passing game and running game. It really almost doesn't matter who the quarterback or running back are if the offensive line is terrible. Someone like Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady might find a way to eke out some productivity, but they're top-five quarterbacks in NFL history. In the vast majority of cases, nothing much is going to get done with this type of offensive line except against teams who don't have the pass rush to exploit it.

With Aldon Smith gone and Ahmed Brooks losing pass rush effectiveness over the past couple of seasons, the 49ers also don't have the ability to force opposing quarterbacks into hurried throws or bad reads. Aaron Lynch isn't enough, especially when he's the only threat. Again, it almost doesn't matter what kind of talent the 49ers have on the defensive backend (and I think the secondary is pretty decent) if quarterbacks have all the time in the world to wait for receivers to uncover.

The coaching staff probably isn't great, but it's not like they have a championship contender in terms of talent. They might have more talent than you might expect from a 2-5 team, but where the 49ers are deficient matters more, right now, than where they have talent. If they had their 2011 -12 offensive line and their 2011-12 pass rush, in addition to the other players they have on the current roster, they'd still be contenders, IMO.
-------
This may be my bias opinion but I feel like the roster isn't that bad. I feel like the current OL isn't as bad as they are. I feel like the had some type of competency. Also, without Gore, the blitz protection may have fallen off a bit. Not saying Gore would have solved all the problems but maybe some of it. Also feel like Gore helped CK with recognizing things a defense may be doing. I am purely speculating. I really wanted to see Gore back, still a bit sore.

In other words, I feel it is the coaching and a lack of experience.

The OL shouldn't be this bad. I remember The Colt's Superbowl year, they didn't have a player who was drafted higher than the 3rd round. I want to say 5th but I think it is the 3rd. Payton Manning had a lot to do with the success, perhaps not a good comparison but the only example I had handy!
tongue.gif
Didn't Philadelphia reach the Superbowl with 2 rookies on the OL? I'm reaching guys!!! Reaching for signs of hope!

I believe Erickson's 2 win season were 2 OT wins if my shaky memory remembers correctly!

Guys, we are all frustrated but I feel this will turn around. 11-5!!!
biggrin.gif

--------
Mostly pride killed this team (Jed York). I knew the defense was bad, but I didn't know they were that bad. Of course the OL is one of the worst in the league (can't run or pass block). Looks to me like a 4 or 6 win season. 49ers really should be 3-4 right now, but our defense made sure we wouldn't get that road win against the Giants.
--------
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/183629-san-francisco-49ers-st-louis-rams-pregame/

SAN FRANCISCO 49ers vs ST LOUIS RAMS- pregame

lambs favored by 7.5

Gurley looks like a stud.
--------
17-9 Rams
--------
Sounds about right. If we are going to lose, I would prefer to get embarrassed so Jimmy T gets canned or boy wonder realizes that he needs to make a major overhaul. Losing by under 10 may make him complacent or give him hope.
---------
At this point I want to completely crash and burn. Get the best pick possible and Tomsula out end of the year.
--------
Devey gives up a league record in sacks. Kap throws a wild ball and kills a cheerleader. Tomsula starts to pace so hard the trainers are called to treat him for cramps. Vernon brings a clay wheel on the sideline and has a ghost moment with Jed. Patton manages to get a 30 yard penalty baffling the announcers.

Bush gets hurt walking out of the locker room. In an act of desperation Hayne it's White in pregame warmups with a boomerang. Acker loses his man and ends up running with Fisher down the sideline on accident.
--------
the Rams' d line is going to FEAST

fearsomefour

Legend
Devey gives up a league record in sacks. Kap throws a wild ball and kills a cheerleader. Tomsula starts to pace so hard the trainers are called to treat him for cramps. Vernon brings a clay wheel on the sideline and has a ghost moment with Jed. Patton manages to get a 30 yard penalty baffling the announcers.

Bush gets hurt walking out of the locker room. In an act of desperation Hayne it's White in pregame warmups with a boomerang. Acker loses his man and ends up running with Fisher down the sideline on accident.

LOL....nice.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/183629-san-francisco-49ers-st-louis-rams-pregame/

When a football organization plans for the next season, they normally draft/strategize on how to beat their division rivals. As we've seen so far, this staff has done a piss poor job of doing ANYTHING to beat our division rivals. They've actually regressed to embarrassing lows.

Rams gonna put it to us. 23-3 Rams
--------
9ers just went 3 & out...
--------
It is officially hockey season for me...but I will still watch.
-------
STL defeated Cardinals and Seahawks, something we couldn't do this season. Why in the world would anyone think we could pull off the upset? The extra time off won't make a difference.

I predict another 20-3 score.
sad.gif

--------
Nick Foles gonna look like Brady
--------
STL is tied for 2nd in the league with GB in defensive sacks. The stats are skewed because GB got to play the 49ers and racked up 6 sacks against Kap.
---------
I hope they drop a 50 burger on us
---------
Rams get 10+ sacks?
eek.gif
R.I.P Kap
--------
Kinda hoping we get embarrassed as well. Its whats needed for change to occur.
--------
If you play fantasy football, I would pick up STL defense with the quickness.
---------
No sense in hoping its coming don't worry. I think 6-8 sacks on Kaep is realistic for this game...
eek.gif

---------
Stop the presses: Rams no longer last in the NFL in total offense. They moved up to 31st (ahead of San Francisco) over the weekend.
We're in for a good one
neutral.gif
flush.gif

--------
Rams 3
Niners 2
--------
Rams offense will skyrocket to 27th after facing this defense.
-------
49ers offense going to 33rd after facing STL defense.
--------
Crash and burn, or 8 and 8, it won't matter what pick we get if Baalke is calling the shots... If we get the 5th pick, he probably moves up to the 3rd pick to select a player with a second round grade, we pick 16th and he probably trades out of the 1st round to select players that probably won't make the team. There needs to be a complete overhaul, or it's just more of the same with a different puppet head coach.
-------
Going to be another 6pts offense from us
sick.gif

Special team and defense need to pick up the slack.
-------
Our pride better be hurting. Defense will show up. Offense again can't.

SF 6
STL 14
--------
Forgot to mention Simpson gets suspended pre game for having a bong on the field.
-------
Kap will throw another insanely errant pass. This time hitting Jed square in his bald spot.
-------
I would like to see that. The pass would have to go up into the owner's box, through the glass, hook around and hit Jed in the back of the head. I think Kap can do that.
-------
21-0 don't think we can move the ball on them
ohlord.gif

-------
This game is going to make the Rams look like a SB team
-------
The 49ers opened as 7 1/2 point underdogs, last week Cleveland was only a 6 point underdog at St Louis. How bad is that to be considered worse than the Browns.
-------
So, McCown is better than Kap? Hmm... makes sense.
unsure.gif

-------
I believe Aaron Donald will break the single game sack record. He's gonna throw Devey around like a rag doll.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
God I hope the Rams don't get overconfident after a numeric shlocking of the Browns. The '9ers may be awful, but they are an NFL team.

Prepare for the '9ers like you have in the past few years, Rams. Prepare like they've got Willis and Borland and Smith and Smith and Gore and an OL from hell coming after you.

Athos

Legend

LOL....nice.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

My favorite too.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The 49ers are 7.5-point underdog heading into St. Louis for Week 8. We break down an early look at the matchup.

The San Francisco 49ers travel to face the St. Louis Rams in Week 8, and the 49ers have opened as a 7.5-point favorite. This actually marks the first time since 2010 that the Rams have been favored against the 49ers
OK... is it me... or does it appear the Niner writers are as stupid as their fans?

I'm having a tough time getting too worked up for San Francisco this week.

They're just so bad. The Rams still make me nervous but there is no reason... NONE... that they lose to that team.

My gut seems to be telling me to not worry too much... my head, however, still has that nagging if....

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
This isn't from a 49ers site but the comments are interesting and humorous nonetheless. It shows the total dysfunction of this team and its shocking descent since Harbaugh left. Plus there are several Sam Bradford mentions and even one Jeff Garcia.

To lose to the 49ers this Sunday, or even have the score be close, would be a nightmare for Rams fans.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...eatball-jim-tomsula-describes-heated-meeting/

That’s a spicy meatball: Jim Tomsula describes “heated” meeting
Posted by Darin Gantt on October 27, 2015

The 49ers should definitely leave the football, and take the cannoli.

Jim Tomsula said during his weekly radio show on KNBR that he held a “heated” team meeting after losing to the Packers, and then let his players take over to discuss their 2-5 record.

“The biggest thing I said to them was, ‘Guys, it’s like an Italian dining room table,'” Tomsula said, via Matt Barrows of the Sacrameto Bee. “‘Everybody’s sitting around the table and sometimes it gets heated, dishes get broken, people leave. [But] everybody’s got to come back to the table to eat. And when it’s all said and done, we’re hugging and kissing and we’re eating good food again.'”

Barrows points out that Tomsula comes from Italian and Hungarian roots, so he possibly knows something about family dinners that turn into something else altogether.

But it’s also clear that the 49ers have plenty of issues to be hashed out, and the fact it’s getting heated already shows how deep they run.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/10/23/something-big-could-be-coming-for-49ers/

“Something big” could be coming for 49ers
Posted by Mike Florio on October 23, 2015

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptfmmzdhodgxyjaxmjc1ztezmjlkmzk3ndvmyzm1mmm5-e1445618906981.jpeg
AP

Last year, after the 49ers lost 19-3 to the Seahawks at home on Thanksgiving night, owner Jed York personally apologized — and the daughter of G.M. Trent Baalke sounded off.

This year, the 49ers lost 20-3 to the Seahawks at home. There have been no public proclamations of apology, and no Twitter rants. Yet. But there could be something, eventually.

“I’ve heard whispers behind the scenes that something big could happen,” Matt Maiocco of CSNBayArea.com said after Thursday’s game. “I don’t know what it’s going to be. I don’t know what they’re talking about. But clearly the 49ers can’t go on this way. The coaching staff looks overmatched, the players look overmatched. The 49ers were plain and simple overmatched today against a team that came in with four losses. . . . There are a lot of very upset people in the 49ers organization.”

The most obvious target for change is quarterback, where Colin Kaepernick is now 1-6 against the Seahawks and way too inconsistent to continue to deserve to play.

The fact that the 49ers would even consider using Blaine Gabbert shows just how poorly Kaepernick has done.
---------
SF has become the 2002 Rams. Bad owner, bad management, bad coaching, bad drafts, “ineffective” qb play and aging/retiring players.
--------
Sending Kap to the Eagles, maybe?(This is mentioned about 25 times).
--------
Jim Harbaugh is laughing hysterically
--------
Kap in NOT a pocket QB. He needs to run like other QB’s to have success. Redskins stopped rg3 from running and looked what happened. Teams used to fear Kap running. Now teams are excited to play him and the 49ers.
-------
1st round draft pick to the Eagles for Chip Kelly?
-------
I heard on Mike and Mike this am that Kaepernick would be better suited running Chip Kelly’s offense.
-------
Something big??? JAMARCUS RUSSELL SIGNING
------
They said something big not round
-------
I’m shocked that York’s hand picked coaching staff which consists of a door mat salesman turned oline coach, a radio talk show host, a belichek cast off and someone who mis-spells “Jeep” as their name is horribly under-qualified and never looks prepared.
-------
Kap to the Bills to reunite with his OC.
-------
The qb gets too much credit/blame for a teams performance. After watching last nites mole killing grenade/anti aircraft missile performance by Kaepernick, maybe the qb in this case deserves a lot of blame.
-------
When your coach has a blank stare with his mouth open, you’re in trouble.
-------
Generally speaking, the team with the best players win. The 9ers just don’t have the players after a horrible off season. These are the times that try men’s souls

This team is going to be rebuilding for the next few years. Time to find out who is a real fan.
-------
Bradford for Kaep straight up seems like a decent move for both teams? On paper they seem to fit better on the other team.

Not a statement on if either one is really an NFL QB but at least their strengths seem to play to the other teams better than the ones they are currently on.
-------
I just don’t understand how a NFL team can hire a coach like Jim Tomsula to be their head coach. I mean this is the NFL. A team should be able to have its pick of the best of the best coaches, the very elite coaches to be their head coach.

Jed York and Baalke scorched to earth in search for their head coach only to come up with a coach who has years of experience as a janitor, a newspaper delivery man, and a furniture salesman.

There’s not anything right about the hire. It’s wrong on every level.

1. 7 years of NFL experience, 0 years of D1 college experience. Which Means he has no formula to win games at a high level. Only football he knows is Mike Nolan/Singetary football, and he doesn’t have a network of coaches to put together a good NFL coaching staff.

2.Hiring Tomsula would cost them most of their existing staff as no one but the crumbs off of Harbaugh’s coaching table wanted to coach for Tomsuka.

3.No coordinating experience. This team just went through the Singletary Era. A coach that was held back from his lack of coordinating experience and offensive acumen, and they hire Tomsula, another coach who lacks coordinating experience and offensive acumen.

4.There is no precedent of a NFL head coach, promoted from D Line coach, who lacked coordinator experience that succeeded. The last one- Rod Marinelli went 0-16.

I could go on and on. People talk about you cant tell if Tomsula is qualified to be an NFL coach 7 games in to his era….Man, all I have to do is look at Tomsula’s resume’ and tell you he’s nowhere near qualified to be an NFL head coach.

If I were a NFL GM I wouldn’t even interview Tomsula, but if I did one of my first questions would be. “What kind of staff would your put together. Give me some names.” As soon as he mentioned Chris Foerster as O Line coach…. I’ll stand up, shake his hand, and say…..”you lose, good day, sir”. ***willy wonka voice**
-------
The Eagles would not want Kaepernick. Bradford isn’t perfect, but he is only 6 games into learning a new system and still working off the rust from not playing the last 2 years add that too the fact they had OL issues the first 4 games and I’m not sure they know what his real upside is yet.

He has gotten better every game why give up on that after what they traded?

Even if they didn’t have to trade anything to get Kaepernick I’m not sure based on how he has played they would roll the dice on that long term cap liability mid season?

That contract is a killer based on his play.
--------
A couple days ago I heard Vernon Davis could be traded in the next couple weeks
--------
Bringing back Jerry Rice to teach them the proper way to apply stickum.
--------
Not blamining the QB on this. He wasn’t allowed to pass in critical situations. He also has no weapons. Boldin is so slow it looks like he jogs. Vernon Davis is a step slower. Torrey Smith is a 1 trick pony and can’t always get open downfield. The play calling is terrible and predictable. They didn’t draft any talent to help the QB.

This season is on the owner and front office. It’s a shame they killed a good team. I wonder if they forgot how terrible it was to have a bad coach? Dennis Erickson, Mike Nolan, Mike Singletary? Finally got a winning coach, and let him go for no reason. The 9ers have underestimated the value of a great coach.
--------
Kap looks scared nowadays, compared to two years removed from the SB run. Teams have learned how to contain running QBs (except Wilson).
Kap really needs to work on making quick reads, and getting rid of ball. He did have a few open receivers, but he got discombobulated by the rushing D line. Can’t put it all on his shoulders, as his protection was horrendous.
--------
Let me sum it up. The Niners actually have some offensive talent. Boldin and Torrey Smith at WR, Vernon Davis at TE, and Hyde at RB. It’s just that their coaching staff is an overmatched joke and Kaep apparently likes trying to kill gophers with his fastballs into the turf. And there you have it. End of story.
-------
is it me or is their head coach always sweating way way too much. It’s disgusting. Did anyone hear the Howard Stern show a few weeks back where he played the post game presser where they thought Tomsula farted? I’m serious…it was hilarious
-------
This sitch is a whole organizational fail. That dude was running for his life, his receivers only had separation on a few plays and they imported an offense that must have been designed for someone exactly not named Kap.

That game was over before the half was up and it’s talent on the team. Hopefully he stays tough mentally because he’s about to get physically beaten without some more talent around him.
-------
Jeff Garcia is coming back
-------
As a longtime Niners fan, this season (and the offseason that preceded it) has been sad. Not because they suck, or because the coaching staff is overmatched, or because Kap has regressed. It’s sad because the intentions of management are now crystal clear. They have absolutely no interest in fielding a winning team.

To the point that when, for a brief window, they rose back to greatness, they immediately sabotaged the effort and dismantled the entire team … from the roster to the coaching staff.

I’m not sure about timelines, but one wonders if their brief foray into competence was strictly to get a stadium built. And now that they got it … POOF.
-------
We’ll trade you Mark Sanchez……. I would say Sam Bradford, but we put so much into him and into getting him already, that to throw him away now would be really bad.
-------
Yes something big is coming…their schedule.

The 9ers face the Rams, Falcons, Seahawks, & Cardinals in their next 4 games.

By that time they should officially be battling Detroit for the #1 in this year’s draft.
-------
Mangini is taking over. As a Pats fan I can never forgive him but he freaking knows the game. That boob I saw with the old porn stache looked so terribly out of his league last night I felt sorry for him. Mangini built Rex Ryans AFC finalist Jets teams only to have Ryan destroy it all. He’s Belichick arrogant but the guy can coach.
--------
First, who in there freeking minds would want Bradford. He ain’t even qualified to be a back up.may be stupidest QB in football.

Second, Kaperdink ain’t going anywhere until you have someone to replace him with and last I checked, not a lot of quality QB’s out there in the wings.
Third, this team lacks players. Coaches are confused when the players are confused.

To quote one Jimmy Johnson ” what you get when you have a great coach and lousy players is a coach with a lot of losses”.
-----
Send Kaepernick to Philadelphia, but forget Bradford, he’s literally made of glass.

The Eagles are one of the few NFL teams that would actually take advantage of Kaepernick’s strengths, likely Kelly would give up some talent and/or draft pick for Kaepernick.

Face it, Sanchez is more effective than Kaeprenick, (well, maybe not in the mess that is Santa Clara’s offense)

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
uTuUtxc.png

Another fanbase that has given up. Notice that the author of this article has the 49ers favored on the road against the Rams. It's the other way around dummy. :palm:
*********************************************************************************
http://www.ninersnation.com/2015/10...francisco-road-dog-at-st-louis-for-first-time

49ers-Rams odds: San Francisco road dog at St. Louis for first time since 2010
By David Fucillo@NinersNation

The San Francisco 49ers travel to face the St. Louis Rams in Week 8, and the 49ers have opened as a 7.5-point favorite. This actually marks the first time since 2010 that the Rams have been favored against the 49ers. In the last four games in St. Louis, the 49ers were favored by 3.5 (2014), 3.5 (2013), 7.0 (2012), 12.5 (2011). In case you're wondering, the 49ers were 3-1 SU in those games, and 2-2 ATS. You can actually get a 9-point spread on a couple websites tracked by OddsShark.

The Rams enter this game sitting at 3-3, one game back of the Arizona Cardinals (playing tonight) in the NFC West. The Rams beat the Cleveland Browns 24-6, thanks to big efforts from their defense and Todd Gurley. They jumped out on top quickly, with Rodney McLeod returning a fumble 20 yards for a touchdown. They would go on to recover four Browns fumbles.

That turned it into the Todd Gurley show. Gurley rushed 19 times for 128 yards, and scored two touchdowns. The passing game was pretty meh, with Nick Foles completing 15 of 23 passes for 163 yards. Foles avoided turnovers, while Jared Cook had one fumble.

The Rams host a 49ers squad that is struggling to do much of anything. The 49ers beat the Baltimore Ravens two weeks ago, but then got thumped by the Seattle Seahawks, and are now 2-5. The team is struggling to do much of anything.

The offense is in shambles when they face a decent defense, with Colin Kaepernick unable to get anything going. Part of that is his own inconsistencies, and part of that is the ugly right side of the offensive line. The Rams strong front seven could have a field day against this offensive line.

On the other side of the ball, the 49ers defense can't get a consistent pass rush, and struggled to make basic tackles against the Seahawks. Marshawn Lynch rushed 27 times for 122 yards. In four games, Todd Gurley has 442 rushing yards, averaging 6.0 yards per carry. And in the first of those four games, he had six rushes for nine yards. In the three games since, he is averaging 144 yards a game. I do like the 49ers matchup against Nick Foles, but I am not excited seeing the 49ers face Todd Gurley.

I'll take a closer look at the line as the week moves along, but my early choice would be staying away from the 49ers in general. It is tempting to fade them each week, but divisional games are always tough to figure out. That Rams defense and the Todd Gurley factor make them tempting, even at 7.5 points. But this is a Jeff Fisher team. As bad as the 49ers have been, Fisher can find ways to yack this up.
----------
Wait... what?
"and the 49ers have opened as a 7.5-point favorite. "

really? i’m confused
--------
I hope the 49ers lose. They need to tank for a high draft pick. Mediocre levels of losing will not work.
This has been a really weird year. First time in NFL history to have five teams with a 6-0 record.
--------
Only 7.5?
---------
http://www.scout.com/nfl/49ers/forums/1922-49ers-hardcore/14218237-how-bad-are-the-2015-49ers

HOW BAD ARE THE 2015 49ERS?

After watching most of the debacle on Thursday night. Was curious how inept the 2015 49ers really are.

Offensive categories which they are DEAD LAST in the NFL:

-yards per game: 295

-yards per play: 5.0

-points per game: 14.7

-total points (among teams that have played 7 games): 103

***note: the three teams currently behind SF in points scored (Dallas, Minnesota, and St. Louis have only played 5 games versus SF's 7 games)

Defensive ranking in the NFL:

30th in yards allowed in NFL (406 yds/game)

30th (tied) in yards per play allowed at 6.1

30th in passing yards allowed (293 yds/game)

30th in completion percentage allowed (70.1%)

25th in QB rating allowed (100.1)

32nd in pass plays over 25 yds allowed (28)

32nd (tied) in pass plays over 40yds allowed (7)

FWIW the rush defense and rush offense is ranked right around the middle of the pack in most categories.

Will this team match the Erickson team that went 2-14? Not sure, but it may be just a bad. There are games against Detroit, Cleveland, and Chicago on the horizon. However, they are all on the road. Chicago has Fangio, Detroit has potential to present a difficult pass offense to defend, Cleveland has performed better than expected on offense and are currently 9th in the NFL in pass offense. IMO 2-14 is still in play.

Not a team completely devoid of talent, it is just devoid of coaching talent.

Big changes coming this offseason! Oh wait, forgot who the owner is.....nevermind. More cost-savings coming next year.....maybe player coaches in coaching and coordinator roles.

Hey York......we're holding you accountable.
----------
They're quite bad. They may not be devoid of talent, but they're missing talent in some key places.

The complete disintegration of the offensive line over the past few years is the primary culprit in the offense getting worse and worse--it inhibits the passing game and running game. It really almost doesn't matter who the quarterback or running back are if the offensive line is terrible. Someone like Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady might find a way to eke out some productivity, but they're top-five quarterbacks in NFL history. In the vast majority of cases, nothing much is going to get done with this type of offensive line except against teams who don't have the pass rush to exploit it.

With Aldon Smith gone and Ahmed Brooks losing pass rush effectiveness over the past couple of seasons, the 49ers also don't have the ability to force opposing quarterbacks into hurried throws or bad reads. Aaron Lynch isn't enough, especially when he's the only threat. Again, it almost doesn't matter what kind of talent the 49ers have on the defensive backend (and I think the secondary is pretty decent) if quarterbacks have all the time in the world to wait for receivers to uncover.

The coaching staff probably isn't great, but it's not like they have a championship contender in terms of talent. They might have more talent than you might expect from a 2-5 team, but where the 49ers are deficient matters more, right now, than where they have talent. If they had their 2011 -12 offensive line and their 2011-12 pass rush, in addition to the other players they have on the current roster, they'd still be contenders, IMO.
-------
This may be my bias opinion but I feel like the roster isn't that bad. I feel like the current OL isn't as bad as they are. I feel like the had some type of competency. Also, without Gore, the blitz protection may have fallen off a bit. Not saying Gore would have solved all the problems but maybe some of it. Also feel like Gore helped CK with recognizing things a defense may be doing. I am purely speculating. I really wanted to see Gore back, still a bit sore.

In other words, I feel it is the coaching and a lack of experience.

The OL shouldn't be this bad. I remember The Colt's Superbowl year, they didn't have a player who was drafted higher than the 3rd round. I want to say 5th but I think it is the 3rd. Payton Manning had a lot to do with the success, perhaps not a good comparison but the only example I had handy!
tongue.gif
Didn't Philadelphia reach the Superbowl with 2 rookies on the OL? I'm reaching guys!!! Reaching for signs of hope!

I believe Erickson's 2 win season were 2 OT wins if my shaky memory remembers correctly!

biggrin.gif

--------
Mostly pride killed this team (Jed York). I knew the defense was bad, but I didn't know they were that bad. Of course the OL is one of the worst in the league (can't run or pass block). Looks to me like a 4 or 6 win season. 49ers really should be 3-4 right now, but our defense made sure we wouldn't get that road win against the Giants.
--------

lambs favored by 7.5

Gurley looks like a stud.
--------
17-9 Rams
--------
Sounds about right. If we are going to lose, I would prefer to get embarrassed so Jimmy T gets canned or boy wonder realizes that he needs to make a major overhaul. Losing by under 10 may make him complacent or give him hope.
---------
At this point I want to completely crash and burn. Get the best pick possible and Tomsula out end of the year.
--------

--------
the Rams' d line is going to FEAST
They do sound a lot like the Brown's!!:rolllaugh::D
A couple of them where correct though. The Rams will set Sack records on them. And our "D" will feast on them!!:yess:
Does it sound like I'm :deadhorse:!?!:thinking:

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
IMO this is a "Trap Game." I know Fisher will keep these guys focused, but I can see potential over-confidence with our guys. I hope not, but it's possible. Been around the game long enough to know. This would be a major disappointment if we can't win this game. We are on the cusp of making a run and a division low-life better not slow us up.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
IMO this is a "Trap Game." I know Fisher will keep these guys focused, but I can see potential over-confidence with our guys. I hope not, but it's possible. Been around the game long enough to know. This would be a major disappointment if we can't win this game. We are on the cusp of making a run and a division low-life better not slow us up.

I see this as a MUST win game. Lose this game and you bring copious amounts of doubt into the organization, from top to bottom. How does everybody "buy in" to something that doesn't work?

At first, I was a bit PO'ed that the Rams didn't completely blow out the Browns as they clearly should have done. Now, my perspective is that was a good thing in maintaining some humility and tempering thoughts of over-confidence. I hope the staff keeps on the boys about not taking this game lightly and keeping the hammer down. This game has playoff implications! They ALL do!

Ozoneranger

Rookie
Rams damn well better win this game. It's a stepping stone to the next level and when you play a QB that is absolutely lost- I mean, the guy (Kaepernick) hit a trainer in the head with one of his throws last week.

A loss would have me really questioning Fisher's command of his team.

It's high time for a blowout.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I can not overstate that we can not underestimate them, as a team, or a fan base. They are like a wounded animal, who just had a come to Jesus moment in their lockeroom after their latest loss. This team plays good defense, they are young, hungry, and have a running game. Their passing game is struggling. Sound like anyone you know?

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I guess they don't use blue font..Can this guy really believe this stupid shit ???

biggrin.gif

--------

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
I just think we're gonna beat the thunder out of the Niners physically and they will implode, especially Kap. Just don't give up the big play. Make them drive, send a little heat, and eventually Kap will telegraph passes right to us.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
IMO this is a "Trap Game."

Don't know about the players or coaches but for a long-time fan of 50+ years there is no such thing as a trap game between the Rams and the 49ers. The Rams are 63-65-3 vs the 49ers. Anything can happen at anytime between these two teams when they meet, no matter how good or awful each team is.

Kaepernick can run wild, stupid penalties, lopsided refereeing, turnovers, etc. can cause things to go haywire in a hurry. These are all professional athletes on both teams, the cream of the crop. This is why the games are played no matter what the odds are.
http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2...-History/ebd8bf29-7ed2-43a1-970e-845d8119550c

9 Lesser-known Facts about 49ers-Rams History
Andrew Pentis/Associate Digital Editor/49ers.com/@AndrewPentis

Here are nine lesser-known facts about the rivalry between the San Francisco 49ers and the St. Louis Rams.

1. The 49ers have won more games against the Rams than against any other NFL team.

San Francisco is 65-63-3 all-time versus St. Louis. The franchise's second-highest win total is 46, which have come against the New Orleans Saints.

2. Joe Perry was offered more money by the Los Angeles Rams but he chose the 49ers anyway.

From Daniel Brown's "100 Things 49ers Fans Should Know and Do before They Die": Looking for his team's first African-American player before the 1948 season, San Francisco owner Tony Morabito offered Perry $4,500 to sign...

While the Los Angeles Rams offered $9,500. But the running back later told the San Francisco Chronicle that there was far more than money involved. "I told [Morabito], 'They're offering me $5,000 more than you are,'" Perry said. "He said, 'Yeah, well, I know.' But he went on and said, 'We've been looking for a black player in San Francisco. I've checked you out on all facets of life and everything, and you're the guy we want. I can't afford to pay you the amount of money the Rams have offered you, but if you go with me, you'll never regret it.'

"I mulled it over for a while because $5,000 was a lot of money in 1947. But Tony sold me. He became like a father to me. I never regretted my decision."

Perry, of course, eventually became the franchise's all-time leading rusher and was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1969.

3. The Los Angeles-turned-St. Louis Rams and 49ers have played in seven different stadiums.

They are: Kezar Stadium, Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, Candlestick Park, Anaheim Stadium, Busch Memorial Stadium, Levi Stadium, and the Edward Jones Dome.

4. From one neck-roll to another, Carlton Williamson and the 49ers defense held down Hall of Famer Eric Dickerson.

Dickerson rushed for 98 yards and a touchdown in this Dec. 14, 1984 game, which San Francisco won to finish its 15-1 regular season.

The 49ers also limited Dickerson, a 1999 HOF inductee, to 38 rushing yards in an Oct. 28 game between the squads.

Dickerson, of course, beat up every other NFL team he faced in '84 on his way to a record-breaking season of 2,105 rushing yards.

Unfortunately, the neck-roll later went out of fashion.

102914-Lesser-Dickerson.jpg

5. Current Rams head coach Jeff Fisher was a position coach for the 49ers in 1992 and '93.

Fisher, who is in his fourth season leading St. Louis, was on the San Francisco staffs of George Seifert.

For Seifert, Fisher coached defensive backs, a group that included the likes of Eric Davis, Merton Hanks and Tim McDonald.

6. Brandon Lloyd isn't the only recent wide receiver to play for both teams.

Isaac Bruce spent 14 seasons with the Rams before finishing his career with two for the 49ers, in 2008 and '09. He was at his best in '08, hauling in 61 receptions and seven touchdowns.

102914-Lesser-Bruce.jpg

7. Jim Harbaugh and Rams Super Bowl-winning quarterback Kurt Warner faced off once in the NFL.

Warner (24-of-30 for 390 yards passing with four touchdowns) led St. Louis past Harbaugh (27-of-40 for 348 yards passing with two scores) and the San Diego Chargers, 57-31, on Oct. 1, 2000.

102914-Lesser-Warner.jpg

8. Harbaugh admitted to being unfamiliar with 2012 NFL Draft prospect Austin Davis.

Davis, of course, has ascended from third-stringer to St. Louis' starter.

The 49ers coach: “I wish I would’ve been more aware of him... I am now though.

"He looks like a real nice prospect.”

Davis was 21-of-42 for 236 yards passing, plus a touchdown and an interception, in the Rams Week 6 home loss to the 49ers.

102914-Lesser-Davis.jpg

9. Frank Gore has more rushing yards against the Rams than any player in NFL history.

With 1,229 yards in his 16 career games against St. Louis, Gore has also won 12 contests and scored 15 touchdowns.

102914-Lesser-Gore.jpg