What 49ers Fans Are Saying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Don't know about the players or coaches but for a long-time fan of 50+ years there is no such thing as a trap game between the Rams and the 49ers. The Rams are 63-65-3 vs the 49ers. Anything can happen at anytime between these two teams when they meet, no matter how good or awful each team is.

Kaepernick can run wild, stupid penalties, lopsided refereeing, turnovers, etc. can cause things to go haywire in a hurry. These are all professional athletes on both teams, the cream of the crop. This is why the games are played no matter what the odds are.
http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2...-History/ebd8bf29-7ed2-43a1-970e-845d8119550c

9 Lesser-known Facts about 49ers-Rams History
Andrew Pentis/Associate Digital Editor/49ers.com/@AndrewPentis

Here are nine lesser-known facts about the rivalry between the San Francisco 49ers and the St. Louis Rams.

1. The 49ers have won more games against the Rams than against any other NFL team.

San Francisco is 65-63-3 all-time versus St. Louis. The franchise's second-highest win total is 46, which have come against the New Orleans Saints.

2. Joe Perry was offered more money by the Los Angeles Rams but he chose the 49ers anyway.

From Daniel Brown's "100 Things 49ers Fans Should Know and Do before They Die": Looking for his team's first African-American player before the 1948 season, San Francisco owner Tony Morabito offered Perry $4,500 to sign...

While the Los Angeles Rams offered $9,500. But the running back later told the San Francisco Chronicle that there was far more than money involved. "I told [Morabito], 'They're offering me $5,000 more than you are,'" Perry said. "He said, 'Yeah, well, I know.' But he went on and said, 'We've been looking for a black player in San Francisco. I've checked you out on all facets of life and everything, and you're the guy we want. I can't afford to pay you the amount of money the Rams have offered you, but if you go with me, you'll never regret it.'

"I mulled it over for a while because $5,000 was a lot of money in 1947. But Tony sold me. He became like a father to me. I never regretted my decision."

Perry, of course, eventually became the franchise's all-time leading rusher and was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1969.

3. The Los Angeles-turned-St. Louis Rams and 49ers have played in seven different stadiums.

They are: Kezar Stadium, Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, Candlestick Park, Anaheim Stadium, Busch Memorial Stadium, Levi Stadium, and the Edward Jones Dome.

4. From one neck-roll to another, Carlton Williamson and the 49ers defense held down Hall of Famer Eric Dickerson.

Dickerson rushed for 98 yards and a touchdown in this Dec. 14, 1984 game, which San Francisco won to finish its 15-1 regular season.

The 49ers also limited Dickerson, a 1999 HOF inductee, to 38 rushing yards in an Oct. 28 game between the squads.

Dickerson, of course, beat up every other NFL team he faced in '84 on his way to a record-breaking season of 2,105 rushing yards.

Unfortunately, the neck-roll later went out of fashion.

102914-Lesser-Dickerson.jpg

5. Current Rams head coach Jeff Fisher was a position coach for the 49ers in 1992 and '93.

Fisher, who is in his fourth season leading St. Louis, was on the San Francisco staffs of George Seifert.

For Seifert, Fisher coached defensive backs, a group that included the likes of Eric Davis, Merton Hanks and Tim McDonald.

6. Brandon Lloyd isn't the only recent wide receiver to play for both teams.

Isaac Bruce spent 14 seasons with the Rams before finishing his career with two for the 49ers, in 2008 and '09. He was at his best in '08, hauling in 61 receptions and seven touchdowns.

102914-Lesser-Bruce.jpg

7. Jim Harbaugh and Rams Super Bowl-winning quarterback Kurt Warner faced off once in the NFL.

Warner (24-of-30 for 390 yards passing with four touchdowns) led St. Louis past Harbaugh (27-of-40 for 348 yards passing with two scores) and the San Diego Chargers, 57-31, on Oct. 1, 2000.

102914-Lesser-Warner.jpg

8. Harbaugh admitted to being unfamiliar with 2012 NFL Draft prospect Austin Davis.

Davis, of course, has ascended from third-stringer to St. Louis' starter.

The 49ers coach: “I wish I would’ve been more aware of him... I am now though.

"He looks like a real nice prospect.”

Davis was 21-of-42 for 236 yards passing, plus a touchdown and an interception, in the Rams Week 6 home loss to the 49ers.

102914-Lesser-Davis.jpg

9. Frank Gore has more rushing yards against the Rams than any player in NFL history.

With 1,229 yards in his 16 career games against St. Louis, Gore has also won 12 contests and scored 15 touchdowns.

102914-Lesser-Gore.jpg

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
Confidence should be high so I'm looking for a good game from the Rams. When was the last time any of us had felt so excited to see the Rams play the Niners? GO RAMS! Win! Baby! Win! :cheers:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://www.ninersnation.com/2015/10/27/9616478/colin-kaepernick-49ers-locker-room-future-ugh

Colin Kaepernick, the 49ers locker room, and his future with the team
By socalisteph@SoCaliSteph on Oct 27, 2015

The San Francisco 49ers are approaching a crossroads with their starting quarterback. Colin Kaepernick's future appears in doubt, and there are indications the writing could already be on the wall.

The San Francisco 49ers have struggled considerably over the first seven weeks of the season, capped by an ugly home loss to the Seattle Seahawks. Coming off that horrible performance, chatter about Colin Kaepernick picked up steam over the weekend. FOX Sports NFL reporter Jay Glazer reported Kaepernick is "on an island" in the 49ers locker room. Glazer reported it was not a matter of players not liking him, but that he did not connect with a lot of people who would try and pick him back up.

It is not surprising Glazer would issue a statement about Kaepernick's popularity. After each and every loss, there have been grumblings about his popularity with players, they just have not been aired from the national media. While what Glazer reports is true, he is not necessary hearing the entire sentiment of the team.

Shortly after Glazer's report, Kyle McLorg of Bay Area Sports Guy reported a reported Aldon Smith-Nessa love triangle was contributing to Kaepernick's unpopularity in the locker room. This story had been floated on gossip sites shortly after Smith's final arrest with the 49ers. Since those gossip reports, Niners Nation has had credible sources come forward with insight on the issue.

Apparently, since joining the Raiders, Smith has been openly telling his teammates (and anyone who will listen) the story is indeed true and it is one of the main reasons he had to be cut. However, it has been my impression he is airing the dirty laundry in part to gain some credibility with his new teammates, and trying to mitigate the countless mistakes he made while on with the 49ers' organization.

According to another source, Kaepernick is a very private guy. He will not engage with teammates about his personal life and he will not indulge in the locker room banter or speak about his relationship with Nessa. This issue, along with his performance on the field, has allegedly led some players to disconnect from Kaepernick altogether. It entered a grey area of personal life vs. professional life, so we had stayed away. As more information has come out however, it seems to be becoming a proverbial elephant in the room.

In spite of these reports, players have spoken out in Kaepernick's defense, offering him support. On Monday, Matt Maiocco reported Kaepernick has received a lot of support from key players, including Anquan Boldin. We know from watching the games, when Kaepernick is playing well, he is jovial on the sidelines. Those instances would not indicate the 49ers quarterback is "on an island", by himself.

However, when the offense performs badly, Kaepernick is a bit reclusive and perhaps self quarantines as a way to deal with the loss. Kaepernick has a significant social media presence, and of course plenty of endorsement, but that belies a person who is relatively quiet in nature.

During the past few weeks, there have been rumblings of a locker room feud at a team meeting. Maiocco referenced it happening four weeks ago. A source told Niners Nation that a player stood up against Colin Kaepernick, and, as a result, another stood up in defense of Kaepernick. Glazer's report of players being unhappy and unwilling to connect with Kaepernick appear true, but there are others including team captains and veterans standing up for the 49ers quarterback.

Needless to say, Kaepernick is not necessarily on an "island by himself," but I suspect from the vantage point of the players Glazer spoke with, they are unhappy with the performance and what appears to them as Kaepernick's apathy. We also have sources who stated apologies were exchanged and the team was ready to move on. Well, until the 49ers lost again.

Kaepernick's future
This locker room "gossip" might normally not be a huge deal. However, Kaepernick's future as quarterback of the 49ers makes this a more significant issue. In weeks where we have seen Kaepernick struggle, Jim Tomsula gets questions about his status as the starting quarterback. Last week, Jim Tomsula got the questions again, and once again, he said, "Colin's our quarterback."

Last year, fans endured the roller coaster of leaks from the 49ers regarding Jim Harbaugh. And, while Tomsula appears to be unwilling to engage in a "quarterback controversy" as he put it, it should not surprise anyone who has watched this team for the past seven weeks, Kaepernick's job is on the line.

Colin Kaepernick possesses very little trade value. He is due $11.9 million in 2016, which is currently guaranteed for injury, and becomes fully guaranteed if he is on the roster on April 1. If the 49ers no longer believe in Kaepernick, who has been with the team five years, why would another team take on the risk? Chip Kelly might be the only coach crazy enough to roll the dice knowing the salary he would be bringing in.

At this point, Kaepernick's 2016 salary is only guaranteed for injury. This might start to explain some of the play calling, and why Kaepernick is not allowed to run or stand in the pocket long. That, along with a sub-par offensive line that cannot protect Kaepernick or give him an extra moment to process throws, shows the 49ers have no faith in their quarterback and are just trying to get through the year.

The writing appears to be on the wall for Colin Kaepernick and his future with the 49ers. If the 49ers are indeed prepared to move on, it could very well lead to Kaepernick's benching to avoid injury before the season concludes.

Coaches and Kaepernick
GettyImages-460964236.0.0.jpg

Credit: Brian Bahr/Getty Images

But, let me take you back to the painful loss against Seattle which resulted in the infamous Jed York tweet. Last year, national media published numerous articles relating to the rift between Baalke and Harbaugh. Whatever drama was compounded with additional commentary stating Harbaugh had "lost the locker room." We now know, it was at that moment, Harbaugh would not coach the 2015 season.

Although parts of the stories had truth, national media reports were largely exacerbated to fit the agenda of the 49ers executives. They succeeded at telling the fans and media that Jim Harbaugh and staff were the explanation of the 49ers woes. And, although Harbaugh was the winningest coach in football, the entire coaching staff was fired at the conclusion of last season and replaced with company men.

None of us understood the mass firing of an extremely talented coaching staff, but we watched talented coaches sign elsewhere and 49ers players retiring in droves. Nonetheless, we did what fans do, we freaked out but continued to stand by our team and hope for the best.

It turns out the coaching staff departures reflect further in this story. One of Harbaugh's assistant coaches fired by Baalke and York recently came forward to Niners Nation. In short, he stated the offensive coaching staff wholeheartedly believed Kaepernick could get better after Super 47. They believed him to be everything fans hoped. But, after working with Kaepernick in the two seasons following the Super Bowl, they felt Kaepernick's production had peaked.

He further stated, "it wasn't that Kaepernick couldn't read or couldn't make the throws, but he lacked the ability to trust his receivers to be there before he could see them." The explanation was not good enough for Jed York and Trent Baalke who felt the 49ers' downward spiral was not a result of personnel, but rather, coaching deficits.

This leaves the organization in a bad position. The 49ers have not yet benched their starting quarterback, but seemingly have no faith in that quarterback. Half a season removed from the last coaching staff, the 49ers front office seems to be getting the same story it got from former coaches. The old coaching staff got a whole lot more out of Kaepernick, and now things are spinning out of control.

Unfortunately last season, Jed York and Trent Baalke couldn't put their egos aside and evaluate the situation of the personnel from one bad year. Instead, they let their personal feelings of Jim Harbaugh and emotions determine the future of the 49ers organization. A season later, they seem significantly more reactive than proactive with this situation.

They say "history repeats itself." Well, welcome back to 2004.
-------
giphy.gif

---------
So Harbaugh and company realized that Kap had likely peaked and wanted to move on...
….but York and Baalke wouldn’t accept it and fired them. Well this is gonna blow some people’s mind around here who bashed JH for everything related to the offense!

Guess what guys? York and Baalke are also responsible for the offensive woes! How about them apples?
---------
Well.....
None of this really matters, because we suck again. We have a QB who will be bad, very bad at worse, to above average or Good. Which, honestly in today’s NFL isn’t what you’re stuck with, or you keep trying to Draft guys and end up like the Browns.

We’re going to be the Browns
--------
Kap is not the future
Why keep mediocre when you are rebuilding? Especially at the most important position?
--------
Harbaugh shackled his QBs a bit
He emphasized the running game, field position, good defense, and not turning the ball over.

That was the past. Now Kaep is coached (or has done this on his own) to throw the ball away instead of taking chances. That’s why you’re seeing those ridiculous 20-yards out-of-bounds sideline throws now. But that leads to historically bad offensive performances. You can’t win by throwing the ball away 5 to 10 times a game.
--------
In 2012
we had a QB that the league had never seen and a read-option based offense that the NFL hadn’t figured out how to stop yet. That stuff all caught up with him.
---------
kinda like Chip Kelly's offense isnt the hot new thing now either
---------
I wonder if we really cut Kap and get no compensation whatsoever...com'on Chip...give us a call
----------
Philosophically, this fits Harbaugh's MO
They kinda reached the same point with Alex Smith.

Now, I’m sure they were always looking to upgrade at the QB position, but I’ve always believed Alex lost his job after imploding against the Giants in the 2012 regular season game; it was an ugly performance. I think Harbaugh was just waiting for an opportunity to insert Kaep, and the concussion against the Rams was all he needed. Kaep balled out against the Bears’ #1 defense and the rest is history.

Similarly, Harbaugh tried to put more on Kaep’s plate last year because he knew the team had to in order to be competitive when the salary cap cuts and FA losses mounted. Kaep could not shoulder those responsibilities; it wasn’t all his fault of course, but he didn’t do his part either. I think at that point Harbaugh was probably ready to find a new QB, while continuing to squeeze what he could of Kaep.

Also, super importantly, this explains why Baalke never drafted a real backup QB to challenge Kaep: because Baalke (or maybe more importantly Jed) were true Kaep believers. That was always a piece of the puzzle we couldn’t fill in, but this nicely solves that problem.
-----------
On an Island
Perhaps both sides of the story are true?

Maybe the offence is getting behind Kaep because they know what he is capable of, and they know when he looks good they look good.

On the other hand maybe the defence are fed up with him? Would explain why players are speaking out, many would have been tight with Aldon and recognised him leaving would make the defence weaker as a unit. That and Kaep throwing Multiple interceptions in the Arizona game, I could get sick of getting abused by Palmer without a break.

It’s all just a shit show, but is follows a path, Bad coaching, means bad performances, makes players heads drop, which leads to conservative playcalling/ coaching and the cycle continues until you have a QB with a cannon arm completing 90% of his passes behind the LoS. It wouldn’t surprise me to find out the CS were upset with Kaep for taking shots downfield against the Ravens and Giants and so limited him against Seattle.

Gabbert will be starting after the Bye week with the O’Line being Staley- Boone- Kilgore- Tiller- Brown and we will all be asking what might Kaep have done behind that line.
---------
I've been a big Kaep fan all along
This year is the year he has the opportunity to show growth in other areas. I understand he is a competitor. I understand he doesn’t deal with failure well. But this was the year for him to take over the team as his own. To show leadership. I’d love to see him play fearlessly. To yell at linemen, to sit and talk strategy with receivers and coaches in between possessions. I don’t consistently see this from him. I see his walls closing in.

If I am his coach, I am working on this with him from early on in the preseason. It probably would have done no good though. See, everything that I was excited about in regards to what they were "working on" in preseason, hasn’t transferred over. Uptempo? I don’t see it. I have yet to see no huddle let alone regular up tempo. Screen passes? Hmmmm, haven’t seen much of that either. This staff is a farce. In way over their heads. As for Kaep, he had his chance, he’s not seizing it.
---------
That hashtag will forever haunt him & us fans
i

He doesn’t even understand what he’s looking at.
-----------
replacing QB's etc
Benching Kaep or drafting a new QB is NOT going to fix anything. A good team doesn’t have leaks, change staffs and Qb’s all the time. It takes a great system and great coaches for anything to work with consistency and coaching to me is #1. I think as a fan base we are so spoiled sometimes because if our QB isn’t 16 or 8 like, then they suck. I think are QB is good not great on a very bad team.

Even when a big coach or QB change actually works, Historically they were replaced with what turned out to be great options or they didn’t dismantle the entire team or fire the whole staff and even then I doubt the numbers look good for those changes overall. Even Peyton inherited a playoff team as a rookie starter not a Dline as head coach or this Oline.

Bad teams that don’t have a plan or know how to fix things usually because the problem lies at the top, just start changing QB’s. Problem is that a QB is drafted because they fit a staff’s system…. New coach, draft a QB, new coach, draft a QB. One usually leads to the next ones termination. Would you draft Kurt Warner to run the read option? It really just isn’t as simple as plug in 1 piece and we are contenders again. This is going to take some time.

Problem is this staff is awful. I think some college teams could beat the 49ers. That would be awesome, Michigan Vs the 49ers If they lose Yorks sell.
--------------
Well….the last 4 years was fun while it lasted. "Winter is coming"

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter

When's the last time the Rams were favored by 9 points over any team?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Even when a big coach or QB change actually works, Historically they were replaced with what turned out to be great options or they didn’t dismantle the entire team or fire the whole staff and even then I doubt the numbers look good for those changes overall. Even Peyton inherited a playoff team as a rookie starter not a Dline as head coach or this Oline.

Bad teams that don’t have a plan or know how to fix things usually because the problem lies at the top, just start changing QB’s. Problem is that a QB is drafted because they fit a staff’s system…. New coach, draft a QB, new coach, draft a QB. One usually leads to the next ones termination. Would you draft Kurt Warner to run the read option? It really just isn’t as simple as plug in 1 piece and we are contenders again. This is going to take some time.

Peyton? As in Peyton Manning? He was the #1 pick in the draft. He didn't inherit a playoff team. How dumb is this guy?

And no, good front offices don't draft a QB because he fits the staff's system. They draft a QB because they think he's a franchise guy. It's the staff's job to create a system that plays to the QB's strength. If they can't do that, they're a shitty coaching staff.

Regardless, what's getting lost here in this post of mine is that coaching and QB changes do work. Especially when you have a mediocre, overpaid QB like Kaepernick. But I hope the 49ers' FO is as delusional as a few of these fans and think Kaepernick is a "good" QB.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...-a-win!-11-1-15-Week-8-49ers-(2-5)-Rams-(2-3)

Time to right the ship and get a win! 11.1.15 Week 8: 49ers (2-5) @ Rams (2-3)

17994552009.gif
VS
1029.gif

Sunday, September 1st, 2015
10:05PM Pacific Time, FOX

Regular Season Record: 2-5

Edward Jones Dome, St. Louis, MO

The Red and Gold

Offense: PTS/G: 16.7 (30) YDS/G: 321.2 PASS YDS: 202.8 (29) RUSH YDS: 118.3 (12)

Defense: PTS/G: 26.7 (31) YDS: 409.0

Kaepernick's AirYPA: 0.0 (This stat may be removed/changed depending on the AFA/ESPN merger)
Total DVOA: -36.3 (32) Defense DVOA 19.1 (31) Offense DVOA: -13.0 (28)
49ers away record: 0-3

St. Louis Rams

Offense: PTS/G: 16.8 (32) YDS/G: 297.0 PASS YDS: 183.2 (32) RUSH YDS: 113.8 (13)

Defense: PTS/G: 22.6 (10) YDS/G: 348.8

Total DVOA: -3.7 (18) Defense DVOA -14.4 (7) Offense DVOA: -20.0 (30)
Rams home record: 1-1

eQNKtUT.gif

---------
This is the game we need to make a turning point type game here. A win on the road, 3-5, would be huge, and against a division rival.

Maicco said something big is on the verge of happening, I sense Gabbert starting in MO.
-------
I see this as another loss. No way Gaebbert starts. No point in it. He will just do worse.
-------
If it's anything "big", I'd expect it to be Vernon being traded at this point.
-------
Gabbert won't start without 2 weeks preparation. I think he'd be practicing with the first team and beat writers would notice.
-------
Loss... CK will have another bad game . Oline will get abused as ****.
---------
The Rams probably have the best Dline in football. We will get massacred up front in the trenches on offense, and hence won't move the ball.

Since our D is softer than Charmin, the Rams win.

Rams are 2-0 in division, we are 0-2.

Tomsula is not an NFL head coach, he's been mentioning changes for weeks and the only significant change was Tiller as a part time RG. He lacks the balls to make a decision regarding his QB, his coaches, and his players.
---------
Rams win, they are a few plays here and there from leading the division and their defense is amazing and gurley looks like a stud in the making. 9ers just have too many issues to fix and at this stage not sure how we'd fix them as we need o-line help, secondary help, 2 new QBs and a replacement for boldin and a big endzone threat.
--------
Aside from Gurley, I'm not sure I fear their offense, but that defense will cause issues on both aspects of our offense. I don't see a rout, but we'll struggle to score.
-------
With our 31st ranked pass defense, and high 20's ranked overall defense, I don't think we are in position to "not fear" anyone, since even the most incompetent can move the ball on us.
--------
Matchups mean more than ranks to me. Foles/their WRs are not at the level of what we've faced most of the year. They're closer to Minnesota than Pitt/Arizona/GB/NY and those offenses. If, and big if, they can stop Gurley, they can keep it closer.
--------
St Louis offense isn't any better then ours. They have plenty of holes as well.

The key is moving the ball. I predict yet another low scoring game
---------
http://www.ninersnation.com/2015/10/23/9602868/mark-schlereth

Mark Schlereth
By ninersinnyc

First of all if you want a good laugh and yesterday's debacle, go to ESPN and listen to the brief bit from Schlereth on the O-Line, it is hilarious ("C'mon Clown!"). You'll see what I mean when you have a listen. Albeit brief, he did get me thinking is it simply offensive line? Anthony Davis doesn't retire and we replace Devey/pears and we have a serviceable offense?

Don't get me wrong serviceable offense doesn't equate to a good team, but it would provide something very valuable right now which is a true assesement of Kaep. Tom Brady/Aaron Rodgers would have been decimated by our O-Line play yesterday. In fact, I would be shocked if they wouldn't have gotten injured.

I think Kaep might have missed a few passes yesterday, but upon further review the passes sailing out of bounds were not misses they were deliberate. No one was open, Phil Simms actually was somewhat intelligent sounding for once and diagrammed it well, absolute blanket coverage.

Anyways, point is take a look at the video (it's 1:00 minute long) and we need to be all in on the O-Line. I also don't think that that fire Tomsula is the answer. It's fine to have a players coach as long as the Offensive Coordinator is capable....

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6MpG7p2n90

--------
The coaches should be fired for keeping Devey in the game.
-------
I’m not a Mark Schlereth fan (no opinion really) but I find it fascinating that we’ve gotten so bad that an ESPN analyst is calling our players clowns. We need to revel in this.
--------
Of course Montana could do better
Much much much better. Sure our receivers were fairly covered on Thursday but we have all seen the breakdown of film over the past few years that proves that Kap routinely misses open receivers, so don’t pretend for a second that a QB like Montana wouldn’t have this team humming on offense.
--------
Specifically
What you dont understand is, there is nothing any QB can do when rushers are getting to him in less than a second. It’s humanly impossible. It’s not about Joe Montana. Experts are saying the same thing: they have NEVER seen a worse OL than what we have now. Ever. Mix that in with receivers that Seattle blanketed all night, and our terrible offensive scheme, and NO…

Montana would have struggled, this is NOT a knock on Joe It’s a knock on our offensive system and OL as a whole….Joe had the west coast offense and John Taylor, Russ Francis, Dwight Clark, Solomon, Rice, etc to work with. I conceded that sure, an elite passer would have made several more completions BTW but that is only part of the problem.

Kap routinely missing open receivers has won us games on the road in the playoffs WHEN HE HAD A GOOD OL LIKE JOE DID. Im not saying Kap is on the same planet as Joe talent wise…. You dont get what Im saying at all but go ahead yap about Kap this Kap that…..Former players, coaches, and analysts tnd to agree with me on this…It’s the OL and the offensive system that is the big problem right now.
--------
Yeah and I must reiterate
That I am not out to defend Kap. It’s just clear as day that the entire offense is to blame and making him the scapegoat for the OL, WR, and coaching mistakes just doesn’t add up. Noooo he’s not elite…But he is servicable and these stories of regressing is far overblown. You give him more than ONE second like the Giants and Ravens did for a few plays and he can make things work.
---------
My feelings?
Aaron Rodgers would be out with an ACL or concussion by week 5 with our Oline smh.
--------
yeah, Sammy baugh would’ve been better behind this line. people should give it a rest. this line absolutely sucks, and nobody could be anything close to good behind it.
---------
giphy.gif

--------
Kap can be very successful
with other team’s offenses… I hope you guys get your wish.
--------
The problem with the "who to blame" argument
is that it’s not one thing.

A) The coaching staff is struggling with how to put our players in the best position to succeed
B) The OL in bad, potentially the worst in football
C) After 50+ starts Kap is still struggling with some basic NFL level QB concepts

The problem is not A, B, or C. It’s A+B+C, the perfect storm of ineptitude. If something doesn’t change soon our offense will go down as one of the worst ever in football.
--------
this team is the football manifestation of guy fieri
---------
This wins my vote for most random comment of the week. Are you suggesting they play like they filled up on DIner food before each game?
---------
I don't really know what I meant
except that Guy Fieri is an annoying hack who makes money pretending to be good at something that he’s really bad at.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
One beak to fool them all and in the darkness blind them ...
In the land of Frisco where the dodos cry!
dodo.jpg

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Rams damn well better win this game. It's a stepping stone to the next level and when you play a QB that is absolutely lost- I mean, the guy (Kaepernick) hit a trainer in the head with one of his throws last week.

A loss would have me really questioning Fisher's command of his team.

It's high time for a blowout.
And NO BETTER TEAM to lay one on!!!!(y):rolllaugh::D

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Don't know about the players or coaches but for a long-time fan of 50+ years there is no such thing as a trap game between the Rams and the 49ers. The Rams are 63-65-3 vs the 49ers. Anything can happen at anytime between these two teams when they meet, no matter how good or awful each team is.

Kaepernick can run wild, stupid penalties, lopsided refereeing, turnovers, etc. can cause things to go haywire in a hurry. These are all professional athletes on both teams, the cream of the crop. This is why the games are played no matter what the odds are.
" As A Fan for 65 years!" This guy makes some very accurate points! But when this game is over, the record will be "64-65-3 vs the 49ers!":argue:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/10/28/should-49ers-trade-anquan-boldin/

Should 49ers trade Anquan Boldin?
Posted by Mike Florio on October 28, 2015

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpti0yzi1yzhlyte4mzgwzjhimde3ngu4y2i2zgqxnzq4-e1446044028752.jpeg
AP

Last week, someone (not sure who) raised the question of whether the Ravens should trade Steve Smith, which prompted the team to say it won’t be happening and the player to say he’d quit before joining a new team. (Now that the Ravens have fallen to 1-6, both sides should reconsider that.)

At the same time someone (not sure who) first suggested that the Ravens should trade Smith, someone else (Peter King) suggested another trade of another receiver: 49ers receiver Anquan Boldin, to the Panthers.

Someone (not sure who) suggested Steve Smith to the Packers not the Panthers, given the ugly way things ended with the Panthers and the fact that the Panthers probably wouldn’t want him back, for reasons unrelated to his ability to make the receiving corps better. Boldin to the Panthers could give quarterback Cam Newton a viable weapon to go along with tight end Greg Olsen, and Boldin’s presence and playoff experience could be very useful if/when (when) that Panthers get to the playoffs.

It’s unclear whether the 49ers would want to trade Boldin or whether Boldin would welcome a trade to a contender, but one impediment would be the $2.7 million cap charge the 49ers would take in 2016 for trading Boldin now. But with the cap going up $10 million per year now, it’s really not that big of a cap consequence for money already paid to Boldin.

While trading Boldin would surrender the three more years that the 49ers have him under contract, he’s 35; it’s unclear how much longer he’ll even play. He’s unlikely to play much longer if he’s stuck with a team that is suddenly non-competitive with no reason to think things will be changing before Boldin calls it quits.
--------
Might as well, the 49ers are a dumpster fire and will be for quite some time too.
--------
No we need to trade our Owner, GM and demote the coach.
--------
Well they can’t get the same sort of sweetheart deal for him as when they traded for him. The fact that one Harbaugh traded Boldin to another Harbaugh coached team without getting what they could have if they’d put the player out for general trade offers has a real stench to it.
--------
Someone (not sure who) will probably only continue to make bad decisions regarding the team he owns.
---------
The problem with Boldin is ROI. No one is giving more than a late rounder (maybe even conditional) to get him. Heck that is basically what the niners paid for him 2 years ago.

So is another late rounder for a team with a boatload of them enough to move Boldin and take a future cap hit?
---------
No way. One of the steady voices of reason in a locker room devoid of leadership. If anyone should be traded, it’s Davis before he has no value leaving in FA. Trade Baalke for a paper Gatorade cup. Any takers?
---------
In some of the highlights of the last game it didn’t appear he was getting much separation. I’m sure he is still a good player to have on the team for other intangibles but not sure what trade value he would currently have. It might be an injury but then again it might just be age
---------
Someone (not sure who) will continue to make up stories regarding the teams they don’t like, not based on any facts but just to post their random thoughts to continue stirring NFL pots.
---------
It would be a waste to trade him for a 6th round pick when the team obviously needs starters.

Or a new owner.

Maybe both.
--------
Boldin has no speed. The tv broadcast showed him on a route against the Seahawks and he was running about half-to-three-quarters speed, wasn’t close to open.
--------
They have to blow that thing up and start over. Again.
--------
As a bay area resident I can confirm that at least 95% of the Niner fan base has jumped ship and are now pretending to be die hard warriors fans