Wentz-what a laugh that some consider him superior to Goff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Why even put Goff in that situation in the first place?
I barely remember the series...but I think, either it was a nice pass play that got us down there or was it that pass to Everett...whatever...everything was working...

Personally, I'd like a lil "I" formation...or even power I (two backs in front of the tailback)....on goalline or short yardage...but that's me...old school on that...it was why I didn't like that lil fullback...he can't block...kinda why I'm not impressed with the TE's...cause they don't block particularly well either...

:30 sec....I woulda kept passing down there....no matter how many timeouts we had....that no-huddle was for Jared...I heard he likes those calls...

until we find a consistent red zone option....to go with Gurley...we'll continue to struggle down there, since our team is so young....so is its identity....

I'm interested in finding our adjustments...I wish Hemingway was healthy.

Scirca

Rookie
I barely remember the series...but I think, either it was a nice pass play that got us down there or was it that pass to Everett...whatever...everything was working...

Personally, I'd like a lil "I" formation...or even power I (two backs in front of the tailback)....on goalline or short yardage...but that's me...old school on that...it was why I didn't like that lil fullback...he can't block...kinda why I'm not impressed with the TE's...cause they don't block particularly well either...

:30 sec....I woulda kept passing down there....no matter how many timeouts we had....that no-huddle was for Jared...I heard he likes those calls...

until we find a consistent red zone option....to go with Gurley...we'll continue to struggle down there, since our team is so young....so is its identity....

I'm interested in finding our adjustments...I wish Hemingway was healthy.

I and I don't use it word very often, I fucking hate his play-calling. Whenever it's third and long, expect a screen to Gurley off play-action or a regular screen to a WR. I hate that we run the ball on 3rd and 1 because Gurley always gets stuffed. I hate that he keeps having to force Tavon Austin on us. I hate that he is oblivious to whatever is happening in the game, especially that Vikings game. We were down 2 touchdowns in the 4th quarter with the defense struggling badly, and you refuse to go for it on 4th down just once to give us a chance to win the game. He plays not to lose more often than to win. If we lose in the playoffs, it will be because of him. He has had 2 game losing moments this season. One against the Cowboys, and the other at end of the first half against the Cardinals (atrocious management of time, had to settle for a field goal). The Cardinals game, we should have went for it on both 4th downs, we were up 10 points, and he settled for 3 twice. And then you ask me why I don't like McVay's play-calling. I hope Matt LaFleur ends up with the play-calling duties. Shane Walderon should do something else other than Redzone play-designing.

Last edited:

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
In the concept of the team game....in actuality....they will be going against one another...One QB vs the opponents defense....and the other vs the other defense. At the end, their stats will be compared. And, one will have a win, the other a loss.
And there isn't a person on this forum that doesn't know who you hope wins. Sad. Sad indeed. So full of yourself instead of having pride in the team you pretend to root for. Why even bother acting any more?

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Let's face it. Fisher's success came from running the football and playing good defense. However, his final season the Rams abandoned what was working running the football the prior season and went with a hole lot of shotgun snaps, something of which Goff was more comfortable. Same OLine, but that negated the running game altogether.

IMO, Wentz would have kept Fisher safe due to his coming from a more pro style offense which would allowed the team to build upon and not change what Boras did in the running game the prior season. I believe that we would have saw far more snaps from center and play-action, Harkey wouldn't have become an afterthought, and the running game wouldn't have struggled so much. Plus, due to his size, strength and abilities, the read option would have been an available option for the team helping the rushing attack even more and he wouldn't have been as easy to sack behind a questionable OLine. Plus, Wentz had the arm strength to stretch the field and keep defenses honest that Keenum does not.

There's no doubt in my mind that team scores more than 224 points. And more points would have equaled more wins and made it hard to remove a man who had just signed a huge contract extension.

I agree with all of that.

And I'm glad Fisher took Goff even though he was the totally wrong fit for Fisher (but PERFECT for McVay.... YES, Lord!!!) and I'm glad Fisher completely ate crap at the end.

Why? Because Keenum finally got his shot with the Vikes and just may lead that team to be the first team EVER to host a Super Bowl. If we aren't there, I hope the Vikes go. Lot of good guys on the Vikes and I don't even like that team. And, well, I like Minnesotans. A lot. Enough to pack up and move there. Also turns out that my great-grandparents are from Winnebago, MN. Which is kinda funny, because my grandmother who was born there was kinda nuts and super angry like all the time...LOL.

Also...Goff+McVay= Super Sexy Rams Winning Football!!! We actually have a winning team where the ONLY question is how far we go in the playoffs. IN THE FIRST YEAR!!!

Honestly, I pretty much have emotional whiplash trying to deal with how MUCH better this team is than last year.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I and I don't use it word very often, I freaking hate his play-calling. Whenever it's third and long, expect a screen to Gurley off play-action or a regular screen to a WR. I hate that we run the ball on 3rd and 1 because Gurley always gets stuffed. I hate that he keeps having to force Tavon Austin on us. I hate that he is oblivious to whatever is happening in the game, especially that Vikings game. We were down 2 touchdowns in the 4th quarter with the defense struggling badly, and you refuse to go for it on 4th down just once to give us a chance to win the game. He plays not to lose more often than to win. If we lose in the playoffs, it will be because of him. He has had 2 game losing moments this season. One against the Cowboys, and the other at end of the first half against the Cardinals (atrocious management of time, had to settle for a field goal). The Cardinals game, we should have went for it on both 4th downs, we were up 10 points, and he settled for 3 twice. And then you ask me why I don't like McVay's play-calling. I hope Matt LaFleur ends up with the play-calling duties. Shane Walderon should do something else other than Redzone play-designing.

you can't get everything you want.

top point scoring team in the league and you're complaining about a few plays. man, what were you like when fisher and spags ran the offense?

Scirca

Rookie
you can't get everything you want.

top point scoring team in the league and you're complaining about a few plays. man, what were you like when fisher and spags ran the offense?

We have the most points off of field goals than any other team in the league, that is not good. We had 7 field goals against a trash Cowboys defense without their best defensive player Sean Lee (lol, just reminded myself of Skip Bayless). We are lighting up trash defenses, and struggling against good defenses. That's not good playoff caliber football. The past two weeks we have been pretty bad on third downs. We need to be better in order to compete for the Super Bowl, rather than just wanting to make the play-offs.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We have the most points off of field goals than any other team in the league, that is not good. We had 7 field goals against a trash Cowboys defense without their best defensive player Sean Lee (lol, just reminded myself of Skip Bayless). We are lighting up trash defenses, and struggling against good defenses. That's not good playoff caliber football.

Every team struggles against good defenses. That's why they're good.

The rams weren't that far off against the Vikings. They shot themselves in the foot too many times against the seagulls. I trust they will roll moving forward.

Scirca

Rookie
Every team struggles against good defenses. That's why they're good.

The rams weren't that far off against the Vikings. They shot themselves in the foot too many times against the seagulls. I trust they will roll moving forward.

The Vikings game was just embarassing man, our O-line was exposed, and so were our WR's. What's worse is that Woods ended up getting injured during the final two minutes when all hope was gone.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Whenever it's third and long, expect a screen to Gurley off play-action or a regular screen to a WR.
Safe play....works on screen execution....and live to play another day...not many 3rd and 13 plays....or 3rd and 33's. LOL
I hate that we run the ball on 3rd and 1 because Gurley always gets stuffed.
Thats a statement play...we SHOULD be able to convert those...that's not McVay's fault...I hope we keep doing that in the regular season.
I hate that he keeps having to force Tavon Austin on us.
:LOLOL

gotta get that $12 million out of him somehow....LOL
I hate that he is oblivious to whatever is happening in the game, especially that Vikings game. We were down 2 touchdowns in the 4th quarter with the defense struggling badly, and you refuse to go for it on 4th down just once to give us a chance to win the game.
Not true...he's a rookie HC too...with play-calling duties. I think he's done a fantastic job.
He plays not to lose more often than to win.
Not true...he remains pass-centric....he wants to score...that wins games in 2017...

And there isn't a person on this forum that doesn't know who you hope wins. Sad. Sad indeed. So full of yourself instead of having pride in the team you pretend to root for. Why even bother acting any more?
I hope the Rams win....I hope Goff outplays Wentz....I can hope we get 4 interceptions...4 forced fumbles....and 19 sacks....doesn't mean it's gonna happen.

Full of myself?...you waited a couple days to get that off your chest? Thats sad...speak your mind sooner...less stressful...

I've been a prideful Rams fan longer than you've probably been alive...I consider myself kinda humble now...father of 2....it's why I'm in here so much...keeps me out the streets, and around my family....

You sound bitter...what's wrong? If Wentz plays well or not...I didn't have anything to do with it....Same with Goff...I can't change a thing about these two....Hell, in watching Russell Wilson, I see/saw, how far both need to go...

I was watching the Steelers game the other night...talking football....then Shazier went down....I thought of all the silliness that goes on....in the world....around my neighborhood....even interacting with guys in here....silly shit, that never will amount to anything...and here is this man....playing a child's game....possibly paralyzed for life...where is this world going? what's really important? I was worried that I bet a bunch of ROD$$$$ on that game...then I couldn't care less...

Another thing while I'm rambling....FacePlant....where'd you get that screen name? What's it mean?

I don't get why you guys HATE my opinion....you know it by now....I've told you why I feel this way...even after the Seahawk game....I feel the same way....but haven't said much of anything...I don't have to, we'll all get to see, why I think like this....you don't have to...no one does....but I find it odd, that out of the blue...when discussing with another member about McVay, you all of a sudden wanna say something that you KNOW what I'm thinking....when, I've expressed my thoughts perfectly clearly for MONTHS in here....now I don't wanna talk? why....what the fuck would make me not wanna do that after MONTHS of being in here? why?

So you, and your like are clear, I'm a rams fan....I was when Joe Montana was kicking our ass....when Donavan McNabb was kicking our asses....when Linehan was coach....when Martz ran out Kurt Warner...pissed as I was...I was a rams fan.....Same as, I'm a Lakers fan....I'm a Dodgers fan...that's it....I'm a fan....hope we win....can't control shit if we happen to lose cause the opponent has BETTER players...that's what being a fan is all about...OH, and talking about what we should do to get better...and where the hell did we go wrong....get it?

Let me help you about me....regular guy....but I'm more of a chess player than checkers....I like to look several moves into the future....what happens if I do this, that, and a 3rd....I'm a forward thinker...I know, this team, as it is constructed, will not stay this way....in fact, I'd expect 30-45% turnover in 2018....maybe high, but that's what I'd expect with all the FA's...AD....Joyner....Watkins....people that have to get paid...oh yeah...Tru too....and who we're gonna keep. So this team, as constructed, will change....Teams around will change...this may be our one big chance to win a championship....maybe not...but maybe.

So go on with your own thoughts...stop tryin to think for others..."isn't a person on this forum"....how the hell do you know what everyone in here is thinking? They call that something in the medical world...oh you didn't mean it like that? Don't say it that way....I'd hope we win...we should...we're at home. See yo ass in the celebration thread....If we don't win....check my posts in the postgame stuff....I'm not shy in who I think is to blame...one person I won't name is me.....LOL.....or you....

edit
View: http://www.therams.com/videos/videos/Move-the-Sticks-Eagles-vs-Rams-Game-Preview/ff51d73d-3593-40a0-8200-02785c4f45e1

for you face

Last edited:

Scirca

Rookie
Safe play....works on screen execution....and live to play another day...not many 3rd and 13 plays....or 3rd and 33's.

Go five fucking wide, be fucking creative. If we don't convert, than who cares, at least we tried to convert.

Thats a statement play...we SHOULD be able to convert those...that's not McVay's fault...I hope we keep doing that in the regular season.

A statement play that has been atrocious and has backfired on you multiple times. What's the saying, if you do something multiple times and it doesn't work, yet you keep doing it to expect it to work, that insanity.

gotta get that $12 million out of him somehow....LOL
Tavon Austin is definately gone in 2018. I don't want him anywhere near this team.

Not true...he's a rookie HC too...with play-calling duties. I think he's done a fantastic job.

I don't care if you're a rookie HC. You've been in the league since 2008, you should know better than to not give yourself a chance to a make comeback. That was atrocious.

Not true...he remains pass-centric....he wants to score...that wins games in 2017...

I don't mind him being pass-centric, It speeds up Goff's development. I don't want Goff to hand it off to Gurley 30 times for 4 yard gains. That's just telling me you don't trust Goff.

Last edited:

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
LOL at all the defensive posts. Carson did all this in college and still does it at the line. Goff is clueless without the helmet coaching.

Well, that's just not true and I was and am a fan of Wentz.

What the Rams are doing is something that Chip Kelly used to do which is get everyone to the line quickly which makes subbing more difficult and THEN surveys the D with about 20 seconds to go. IF there is time and necessity for an audible, he might do that.

However, if you've actually watched the Rams games, you'd know that after a defense switches, Goff has been very, VERY active with less than 10 seconds to go making further changes.

I can't tell you how many times I'm screaming at the TV for them to hike the ball because Jared took the playclock down to 2 seconds making sure that everyone has the new play.

Btw, EVERY team in the NFL could do that if they wanted to.

Moreover, it's not weak for a team to have ready audibles. It means that for every grouping and personnel package that Goff has to know when coach calls play A that means audibles B, C, D and however many others.

As well, we've seen times when he starts an audible, sees the defense shift and audibles a second time. Those ALWAYS happen after the mic has cut out.

So, no, Goff is not clueless without a helmet any more than Wentz couldn't hit the broadside of a barn.

Goff is very fluid in this offense and Wentz's accuracy issues (not completion rate, if you think they're the same, then that's a different discussion) are for the most part overstated.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
I and I don't use it word very often, I freaking hate his play-calling. Whenever it's third and long, expect a screen to Gurley off play-action or a regular screen to a WR. I hate that we run the ball on 3rd and 1 because Gurley always gets stuffed. I hate that he keeps having to force Tavon Austin on us. I hate that he is oblivious to whatever is happening in the game, especially that Vikings game. We were down 2 touchdowns in the 4th quarter with the defense struggling badly, and you refuse to go for it on 4th down just once to give us a chance to win the game. He plays not to lose more often than to win. If we lose in the playoffs, it will be because of him. He has had 2 game losing moments this season. One against the Cowboys, and the other at end of the first half against the Cardinals (atrocious management of time, had to settle for a field goal). The Cardinals game, we should have went for it on both 4th downs, we were up 10 points, and he settled for 3 twice. And then you ask me why I don't like McVay's play-calling. I hope Matt LaFleur ends up with the play-calling duties. Shane Walderon should do something else other than Redzone play-designing.

That's a lot of hate.

Fear is the path to the dark side.

Fear leads to anger.

Anger leads to hate.

Hate leads to suffering.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah but you also hated Jared during pre season so....

All I’ll say is this .. McVay is the first HC of the rams that has had a wining record in over a decade ... I’ll take it “shit” red zone calls and all the warts

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Gentlemen, both are very good players and have high ceilings, but one should not downplay Wentz's ability, Rams have to play him this week, so I like to build a player up (with hope he does not play well) however, I'm sure Wentz wants to make amends for the loss at Seattle and Rams will have trouble sacking him because, Wentz is the biggest, strongest QB the Rams have played thus far.

Last edited:

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
My last visit to the Thread of Misery....

I see that you guys are having a big time without me

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Go five freaking wide, be freaking creative.
Sounds like Madden...do you play??? LOL

I do like passing in the red zone...goalline...but I'd pass out of running formations...and with running alignments...(3 TE's for example...or, 2-3 rb's)...and I like running out of 4-5 wr sets....sometimes it works...sometimes it doesn't...this is where a QB or RB can pick a coach up....make a play on a......not so good play call. Feel me?

I don't mind him being pass-centric, It speeds up Goff's development. I don't want Goff to hand it off to Gurley 30 times for 4 yard gains. That's just telling me you don't trust Goff.

I like running Gurley....not 30 times because we look like a shoe in for the playoffs, and I'd like a semi-fresh Gurley for those games...18 runs...5-7 pass receptions...But Gurley is our best player....he's an td maker....give him the ball...Watkins can help too....and we need a TE to step up...I think Woods and Kupp have done their roles well.

He's young....so, his job is to protect Jared from himself down there....I get that too....when he's a vet....maybe next season...I'd expect McVay to "open it up" even more...trust is earned. Red zone scoring is the one area that this offense struggles...Their 3rd down percentage shows that with work, we should be able to convert more consistently down there.