Wentz-what a laugh that some consider him superior to Goff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
from last night:
He failed under pressure---big time.
Missed huge first down conversion throws (and made 2 very, very nice ones--like Cam).
Doesn't have good footwork, or a good feel for the game
Is not accurate throw after throw

Psycho_X

Legend
The Seahawks definitely created a blueprint on how to beat the Eagles on both sides of the ball. However, the Seahawks also had quite a few breakdowns and the Eagles left a lot of points on the field. Our defense is going to have to play it's most disciplined game of the season because Wentz can make something out of nothing. Gap control has to be better than it usually is.

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
I went to a Monday night game in Seattle a couple years ago. The Rams got destroyed. The city was electric. My ears were ringing after game.

The game last night went exactly as I thought it would.

bluecoconuts

Legend
My lesson from last night was that the Seattle game likely determines the division, and it's not going to be easy.

But yes, flashy stats aside, Wentz looked okay, not amazing.

TexasRam

Legend
It would be oversight to judge a QB by one game.

Or one season.

Wentz has skills and a great work ethic.

Goff and Wentz both have bright futures.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wentz has his things that he's better than Jared at and Jared has his things that he's better at. That said I am very happy that Jared is our guy.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I haven't watched Wentz much before that game. Just seen the stats and heard all the great things. The guy I saw last night was not very accurate and didn't handle the pressure very well.

fearsomefour

Legend
from last night:
He failed under pressure---big time.
Missed huge first down conversion throws (and made 2 very, very nice ones--like Cam).
Doesn't have good footwork, or a good feel for the game
Is not accurate throw after throw
He doesn't suck.
The comparisons mean nothing.
I will say this, the play calling was very conservative the first half. Protecting the QB from a good D in a hostile environment.
He didnt look great. Far from it. His ability to run bails him out of plays.
The Rams should have an advantage Sunday.
So a lot more goes into it for sure.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
I agree with a lot of your other posts, but I still like both QBs. So on the battle for who is better I'll still remain neutral. We saw that Seattle has a tough defense at home even without 2 of their LoB stars. Will be tough for the Rams though I think they can beat any of these remaining 4 teams on the sched, just might be a difficult assignment to beat all 4 in a row!

Speaking of blueprints, Whit had one of his worst games of the year with a faster younger LB lining up across him. Hopefully THAT's not a blueprint. But putting up 32 points despite that is still impressive.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
giphy.gif

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I was shocked when I saw the stats after the game. You would think he played pretty well. I watched most of the game last night and it looked like he was off quite a bit. Several low throws that resulted in failed 3rd downs. A lot of checkdowns. I guess he must have been pretty good between the 20 yard lines.

JRobinson

MiLB
The Seahawks definitely created a blueprint on how to beat the Eagles on both sides of the ball. However, the Seahawks also had quite a few breakdowns and the Eagles left a lot of points on the field. Our defense is going to have to play it's most disciplined game of the season because Wentz can make something out of nothing. Gap control has to be better than it usually is.

While all of this is true, Russel Wilson is the reason they won man. Yes, Seattle got pressure on Wentz, but Wilson is such a difference maker and he proved his worth yet again (hate that dude- not personally though).

James Otto

Starter
I've said it before, will say it again ... NO quarterback handles pressure well. NONE. If you keep hitting a QB over and over and over, they will fold like a sack of potatoes. What separates the greats from the wannabes is that the greats can recover from quarter to quarter, half to half, game to game. They find ways to succeed despite the adversity. But no quarterback can take a beating and remain comfy in the pocket.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Hard place to play, can't wait to see how jared looks against them in a few weeks . Wentz just doesn't seem as poised as goff, he always seems to be in a rush while jared sits back and lets plays develope.

I am happy seatle showed that the eagles are beatable but this game in 2 weeks is a must win now .

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Seattle played Pilly the exact same way you should play Seattle. They slow rushed Wentz stayed gap sound which caused him to check down the ball. Pretty sure the 12th man helped a little but they played him exactly how you play a scrambling QB. Hopefully the Rams follow suit.

I don't underestimate Wentz, he's a playmaker and is not afraid to sling it. That being said, there should not be a debate on whether he is less than a quarterback than Goff. Both have shown that they are still developing their skill at the quarterback position and I'm still excited to see the future in the NFL at the hands of these two kids, they're special. I'm looking to Goff to start showing some killer instinct in the redzone. We have to finish these drives with TD's.

As a great coach one said, "don't ease in to a street fight." And folks, this is going to be a brawl.

I'm taking the Rams, in a super close and exciting game.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Stats vs Seattle:

Wentz: 29/45 for 348 yards passing, 1 TD, 1 INT, 30 rushing yards

Goff: 22/47 for 288 yards passing, 0 TD, 2 INT, 22 rushing yards

I would say Seattle just knows how to rattle QBs in general. Wentz got to play a Seahawks secondary missing Sherman and Chancellor*