Wentz-what a laugh that some consider him superior to Goff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
Did Goff major in mechanical engineering and earn a 4.0 though?????

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
We shouldn't underestimate Wentz, on the other hand, Goff was the right pick for the Rams.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
We shouldn't underestimate Wentz, on the other hand, Goff was the right pick for the Rams.

Agreed. And Wentz can't solely be judged by the game last night just like Goff can't solely be judged by the game against the Redskins, Seahawks or Vikings.

SoCalRam78

Pro Bowler
Name
SoCalRam78
Goff throws a better ball

Wentz is a better athlete, though Goff will grow and mature. He's more mobile in pocket than you think.

bluecoconuts

Legend
He's more mobile in pocket than you think.

Goff is great at making micro-steps to avoid pressure in the pocket. It's been a strength of his since college, it's part of why I was so high on him. Romo has admired Goff's footwork since his first preseason game (you can hear them talk about it on Hard Knocks), talked about how great it was in the Saints game as well. Goff's footwork is why he has a good chance of a long and very successful career in my opinion.

I always pegged Wentz for the flashy plays, but my question was always "For how long?"

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I've said it before, will say it again ... NO quarterback handles pressure well. NONE. If you keep hitting a QB over and over and over, they will fold like a sack of potatoes. What separates the greats from the wannabes is that the greats can recover from quarter to quarter, half to half, game to game. They find ways to succeed despite the adversity. But no quarterback can take a beating and remain comfy in the pocket.

Kurt Warner: Hold my beer...

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
neither did Wentz, this has been proved bogus
I still stand by....he was majoring in Mech. Eng......and then it just vanished...LOL
I don't know man...
He majored in PE which is close right?
yep....

I'm glad @Ramrasta put some stats in here for context.....

bad game.....for him....not just the fumble...but the inaccurate passes...even some of the completions.

I'll stand by what I claim....no need to reiterate....

real test will be next week....see them up close...against one another.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Goff throws a better ball

Wentz is a better athlete, though Goff will grow and mature. He's more mobile in pocket than you think.

You don't need to be an "athlete" to be a QB the way you need to be an athlete to be just about anything else on the team that's not a kicker.

See example A, first ballot HoFer, Tom Brady...

Tom-Brady-shirtless-02-15-15.jpg

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
We have to beat them in Seattle which is not easy to do. They pretty much shut down the best offense in football without two of their best defenders.

They can make any QB look mediocre at home.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
You don't need to be an "athlete" to be a QB the way you need to be an athlete to be just about anything else on the team that's not a kicker.

See example A, first ballot HoFer, Tom Brady...

Tom-Brady-shirtless-02-15-15.jpg
We all see that thinly veiled excuse to post a pic of Brady in his undies for what it is, Mack.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
We all see that thinly veiled excuse to post a pic of Brady in his undies for what it is, Mack.

I am a sucker for a sack of potatoes with man-boobs and super long boxer shorts (or are they pajama culottes?) And he clearly understands fashion with his pleated undergarment...

And don't get me started on that complexion that reminds of the color of paste from elementary school... mmmmmm good.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It would be oversight to judge a QB by one game

Goff and Wentz both have bright futures.
I am not judging him by one game; no way; he is the EXACT same QB I have watched all year...the competition got tougher and his feet-positioning, poise and arm were exposed---all things that Goff has in spades!

BY the way, I think Wentz doesn't look so much better in his throwing motion and feet than last year---only his decisions looks better; really, without his legs, right now, he is very marginal. BUT, HE DOES have great running and escapability---and that will get him through the next 2 years or so....

By the way, Goff looks almost the same every game---it is the O line and the WRs that make Goff look like A+ or B- or whatever grade he gets that game--he is very consistent, and rising. GOff was great against the VIkings----but the Vikings D is stingy, and the Dallas D is very forgiving.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
bad game.....for him....not just the fumble...but the inaccurate passes...even some of the completions.

I'll stand by what I claim....no need to reiterate....

real test will be next week....see them up close...against one another.
HEY MAN, i AM happy that you manned up on the whole Wentz thing...it will take years to really know. The point of this post was to laugh at what people annointed him to be. My eyes see the same thing from most every QB every week---the difference is the O line play, the WRs and what the Defense creates. We will see GOff get crushed---just like Montana got crushed a few games in his career.

Wentz will be back, and so was GOff's WRs got 'revealed' in the Jaguar and VIkings games---Goff will always come back just like we expect him to. They are both good. I prefer Goff over the long haul---and Seattle just reinforced that what mine eyes already saw.

Where is the self-pat button? LOL...this is just football, boys and girls and robots!