Weight Loss

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
X said:
I wanna try that, but there are zero butchers around here.

Zero.

Many decent grocery stores actually have butchers still. You don't need an actual butcher shop. You should be able to get them to package up some soup bones for you. Some will even cut them horizontally so that the marrow is more easily extracted. They used to give the bones away but now you have to pay for them. Done right, marrow is not only great for you but extremely tasty.

An alternative is that if you know a restaurant owner near you, you can ask him to get them from his supplier. That's what I'm probably going to do this week.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Thanks. I'll try asking the meat guy at the Supermarket.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
X said:
I wanna try that, but there are zero butchers around here.

Zero.
You can actually go to places like save a lot or most local grocery stores and ask the meat dept for it i do all the time for my dog she loves pork bones

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
RamFan503 said:
Stranger said:
I just made some killer bone broth this weekend (grass fed beef bones). It'll become my morning cuppa. Going to finally complete the healing of my digestive system, ridding it of all the ill affects of the Great American Diet. This is a great tool to use in your weight loss race, for those that want to try.

see this article
<a class="postlink" href="http://undergroundwellness.com/top-5-reasons-why-bone-broth-is-the-bomb/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://undergroundwellness.com/top-5-re ... -the-bomb/</a>

I'm not in this whole diet thing but the bone broth sounds great. I'm going to have to try it.

So are you drinking about a coffee cup worth each morning?
Yup. Plus, I only drink Whole (I absolutely stay away from low fat everything - fats are where the good nutrients are) Raw Milk now (unpasturized), taking Cod Liver Oil, eating Raw (unpasteurized) Almonds, eating plenty of butter (but gotta be from grass fed cows), and tons of chicken eggs (again, from grass/bug fed hens), and I've dropped all vegetable oils and rely exclusively on Olive & Coconut Oil..

I've been doing heaps of research the last few years, and it's all about healing your gut (digestive system), and getting the right nutrients back into your body. I've learned that the typical American diet causes all sorts of probs with our digestive systems, which then messes-up our adrenal systems, our thyroid, our hormone balance, our ultimately our brain function (like memory). Good foods are essentially nutrient delivery systems, getting good stuff from God's earth into our bodies via animal meats/fats and dairy. When Soy or Corn enter the food chain, as animal feeds or in oils, it leads to all sorts or problems in the human body.

In short, I've done nothing other than alter my diet, as above, and I've dropped about 25lbs... down from 235 - 210. And people who saw all the steak, eggs, butter, and milk I eat would never ever believe that I'm still dropping poundage.

Anyway, the bone broth, whether from cow, chicken or whatever, is really a great an inexpensive way to heal you digestive system, allowing it to process nutrients properly and thereby healing your body, which will most likely result in weight loss. But it's important to try and get bones from grass fed animals. So, if there are any farmers, or farmer's markets nearby, I'd try those as the grocery stores almost always carry meat products fed soy or corn based feeds, and those aren't going to be very helpful.

This Doctor provides greater detail, for those that are interested...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cONYR7vAD-A[/youtube]

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Start taking as much caffeine as your heart can handle. At least 7-8 full redline's a day. Start running to work with a backpack on, filled with bricks. When the caffeine stops working try cocaine, and/or just shoot up pure adrenaline before your morning jog.

I have found this to be the healthiest and most effective way to lose weight.

Edit: I've also heard good things about bath salts from health professionals. Just make sure when you take them it's post-apocalypse. You may feel like becoming a zombie and eating someones face off.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Keep in mind marrow is about 70% fat. It's the healthy fat but it is fat nonetheless.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I have eaten all the fat I want all my life.
Last time I got an insurance policy my blood work came back twice the normal level of the "good " cholesterol,normal on the bad type, the premium for the "average guy my age " would buy 165% as much insurance based on my blood work.
IOW average guy got 100K I'd get 165K for the same price.

Fat ain't the problem,sittin on yer ass is

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
I've been doing my own weightloss/tone-up program the last few weeks. Hit me up with access, this could really help me.

Some great tips on this thread already. What's helping me so far is my flat mate is on a health kick too. We go running together- it's so much easier when you have a buddy to compete with and who can help

I lost a ton of weight last year. I was 5"11 and 14.5 stone and got down to 13 stone in about 3 months. I was unemployed and went to the gym every day out of boredom. It's harder to stay motivated now I'm in the work regime again and I'm back up to 14.

Aiming for 13 again to start and then ill re-assess.

LET'S DO THIS SHIT!

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
ScotsRam said:
I've been doing my own weightloss/tone-up program the last few weeks. Hit me up with access, this could really help me.

Some great tips on this thread already. What's helping me so far is my flat mate is on a health kick too. We go running together- it's so much easier when you have a buddy to compete with and who can help

I lost a ton of weight last year. I was 5"11 and 14.5 stone and got down to 13 stone in about 3 months. I was unemployed and went to the gym every day out of boredom. It's harder to stay motivated now I'm in the work regime again and I'm back up to 14.

LET'S DO THIS SHIT!
UM Scots if you are on a diet getting stoned don't help

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
LesBaker said:
Keep in mind marrow is about 70% fat. It's the healthy fat but it is fat nonetheless.

Yep... soft, spreadable, yummy fat. Gimme a bagette and some properly prepared marrow. I'm a happy man.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Sorry Thor... Not down with my LBs/Stones/KGs conversions!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Thordaddy said:
ScotsRam said:

LET'S DO THIS SHIT!
UM Scots if you are on a diet getting stoned don't help

Maybe he's on the Frito diet.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Ok I googled it for yah... 200lbs is 14.2 stones

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
ScotsRam said:
Ok I googled it for yah... 200lbs is 14.2 stones
Well yer just a skinny lil feller then , I go 15.7 stone unless I'm on the Frito diet in which instance I've gone over 16.
Howz the weather in Scotland today? it"s hot and HUMID here today
mid 90's and about 85% humidity.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
It's a cool but clear evening. Just how I like it. Sitting on 15 degrees C. Perfect running weather :twisted:

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
X said:
Ramhusker said:
X said:
It has begun.

El Juggernauto and I are weighing in today on our 4 month challenge for bragging rights and a sweet rename of the Off-Topic Forum. Anyone else is welcome to join, but you must PM me for access. This obviously isn't something we want the whole world to participate in, so access is by invitation only.

GAME.

ON.

I need to lose 30 pounds but I'm not gonna get in the middle of the carnage yall are going to lay down! But I hope you guys motivate me a bit and I'll be an invisible wing man to the end.
So you want access to the forum then?

Yes, I might get motivated! I don't like holding my breath to tie my boots!

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Ramhusker said:
X said:
Ramhusker said:
X said:
It has begun.

El Juggernauto and I are weighing in today on our 4 month challenge for bragging rights and a sweet rename of the Off-Topic Forum. Anyone else is welcome to join, but you must PM me for access. This obviously isn't something we want the whole world to participate in, so access is by invitation only.

GAME.

ON.

I need to lose 30 pounds but I'm not gonna get in the middle of the carnage yall are going to lay down! But I hope you guys motivate me a bit and I'll be an invisible wing man to the end.
So you want access to the forum then?

Yes, I might get motivated! I don't like holding my breath to tie my boots!

Get in the game.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Stranger said:
RamFan503 said:
Stranger said:
I just made some killer bone broth this weekend (grass fed beef bones). It'll become my morning cuppa. Going to finally complete the healing of my digestive system, ridding it of all the ill affects of the Great American Diet. This is a great tool to use in your weight loss race, for those that want to try.

see this article
<a class="postlink" href="http://undergroundwellness.com/top-5-reasons-why-bone-broth-is-the-bomb/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://undergroundwellness.com/top-5-re ... -the-bomb/</a>

I'm not in this whole diet thing but the bone broth sounds great. I'm going to have to try it.

So are you drinking about a coffee cup worth each morning?
Yup. Plus, I only drink Whole (I absolutely stay away from low fat everything - fats are where the good nutrients are) Raw Milk now (unpasturized), taking Cod Liver Oil, eating Raw (unpasteurized) Almonds, eating plenty of butter (but gotta be from grass fed cows), and tons of chicken eggs (again, from grass/bug fed hens), and I've dropped all vegetable oils and rely exclusively on Olive & Coconut Oil..

I've been doing heaps of research the last few years, and it's all about healing your gut (digestive system), and getting the right nutrients back into your body. I've learned that the typical American diet causes all sorts of probs with our digestive systems, which then messes-up our adrenal systems, our thyroid, our hormone balance, our ultimately our brain function (like memory). Good foods are essentially nutrient delivery systems, getting good stuff from God's earth into our bodies via animal meats/fats and dairy. When Soy or Corn enter the food chain, as animal feeds or in oils, it leads to all sorts or problems in the human body.

In short, I've done nothing other than alter my diet, as above, and I've dropped about 25lbs... down from 235 - 210. And people who saw all the steak, eggs, butter, and milk I eat would never ever believe that I'm still dropping poundage.

Anyway, the bone broth, whether from cow, chicken or whatever, is really a great an inexpensive way to heal you digestive system, allowing it to process nutrients properly and thereby healing your body, which will most likely result in weight loss. But it's important to try and get bones from grass fed animals. So, if there are any farmers, or farmer's markets nearby, I'd try those as the grocery stores almost always carry meat products fed soy or corn based feeds, and those aren't going to be very helpful.

This Doctor provides greater detail, for those that are interested...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cONYR7vAD-A[/youtube]

Just finished making some bone broth. I got 50 lbs of cut bones from a family owned farm down in Eugene. It's not grass fed but it is hormone free. I did my first batch with 25 lbs of the bones. Lots of marrow out of dem bones that I will be using as a butter type spread. I just tasted it and it will go great on some sour dough. The broth is pretty mild but very tasty. I also saved the fat off the top to use as a confit of sorts or as a lard for frying.

I am making some Pho with some of the broth tonight. I just tasted the broth for that as well and it is AWESOME! A little fish sauce, some fresh ginger, galanga, pandan, and some lemon grass. I can't wait to add the meat and shrooms. Got sprouts, basil, cilantro, jalapenos, and limes ready to throw on top.

And it'd be pretty low cal for all you fatties. :pokeu: