Weight Loss

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
had said:
I'll tend to get a little flabby and fatty around the waist (beer has to go) (and my son a couple of years ago accused me of having man boobs, which set off a sh*t storm in my world), and I realize that this will likely not be very useful to anyone, but I've found that the quickest way to get rid of the flab is bananas and water. I just start eating bananas and drinking water. For like 4 days. I eat bananas until I'm full and drink water.

It sucks for dinner, but just work through dinner and you don't mind so much.

Good luck with it.

Liquid calories are the devil of any diet. I can easily live without soda or juice, but it's damn hard to give up beer and liquor.

had

Rookie
libertadrocks said:
had said:
I'll tend to get a little flabby and fatty around the waist (beer has to go) (and my son a couple of years ago accused me of having man boobs, which set off a sh*t storm in my world), and I realize that this will likely not be very useful to anyone, but I've found that the quickest way to get rid of the flab is bananas and water. I just start eating bananas and drinking water. For like 4 days. I eat bananas until I'm full and drink water.

Good luck with it.

Liquid calories are the devil of any diet. I can easily live without soda or juice, but it's damn hard to give up beer and liquor.

It is not possible to give up beer. That can never happen. But you can take a break for a couple nights. And the beauty of the banana is that you can eat a couple for dinner and still have the beer.

Winning.

(I've been waiting to drop that for a while.)

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
libertadrocks said:
Rabid Ram said:
libertadrocks said:
Rabid Ram said:
libertadrocks said:
To all those involved in the contest, how's it going? Can a guy get an update.

BTW if anyone is in the process of trying out new diets, I have followed an IF diet over the past few weeks and have had fabulous results. May wanna check it out
Which IF are you following. I am following the 24 hr IF myself

Yep I'm doing the same. I align my fast days with my workout schedule, so I fast once one week and twice the next. You like it as much as I do?

The fast days arent easy but I have been able to maintain muscle mass while shedding fat.
Yea i currently fast 3 times a week until i get my weight down to where it should be. The fast days can be tough at times but i have found it more to bordem hunger then actual hunger.

Once i have my weight where I want it i plan on transition over to a 16 controlled fast where my caloric intake is during and 8 hour span of the day with good for me food tge rest of the 24 hour period is fast

Are you a fan of "Engineering Alpha: Man 2.0"?
Have not heard of it

had

Rookie
Sorry to bring this up again, but if you’re going to try this banana thing, you have to realize a couple of things. One, you’re not going to eat all of those bananas that you bought. You’ll try, but it sucks to eat bananas, so you’ll just leave them, on the counter. Two, next thing you know, you’re going to have a freakin’ bunch of gnats hovering around your bananas. It’s like a spontaneous generation of gnats. Next thing you know, there’s a gnat hovering around your nostrils as you try to watch TV. And gnats are very, very difficult to kill. Meanwhile, as the bananas ripen, they become very difficult to eat. A brown banana will make you choke. It’s atrocious. So you’ve got to eat the bananas while they’re yellow.

Two A, you’re going to want to kill the gnats. It’s a real nuisance. What you want to do is lure the gnats to a destination where you can then nuke them with chemicals. But what do you do? First, you put one of the nasty brown bananas in the trash. That’ll get the gnats hovering near the trash. Then, you put some meat fat in the trash. The gnats will go nuts, and congregate around the meat fat. You have to put the kitchen trash can out in the open – and once they’re all in there, you just walk up and nuke the sh*t out of it with some industrial grade insect killer. The kind you get at the hardware store, that has a spray apparatus with a tube that goes to the container, kind of like a professional exterminator.

I don’t try to think that I’m trying to lose 100 pounds – I’m not sure how that would work. But I tell you this –I have found that ever since I turned about 42, I can gain 20 pounds in a week. It’s unreal. But if I get motivated with the bananas, I can drop 10 pounds in 3-4 days, easy, eating bananas and drinking water. It’s phenomenal.

Again, I wish you well, El Juggernato, and others on this thread.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
had said:
Sorry to bring this up again, but if you’re going to try this banana thing, you have to realize a couple of things. One, you’re not going to eat all of those bananas that you bought. You’ll try, but it sucks to eat bananas, so you’ll just leave them, on the counter. Two, next thing you know, you’re going to have a freakin’ bunch of gnats hovering around your bananas. It’s like a spontaneous generation of gnats. Next thing you know, there’s a gnat hovering around your nostrils as you try to watch TV. And gnats are very, very difficult to kill. Meanwhile, as the bananas ripen, they become very difficult to eat. A brown banana will make you choke. It’s atrocious. So you’ve got to eat the bananas while they’re yellow.

Two A, you’re going to want to kill the gnats. It’s a real nuisance. What you want to do is lure the gnats to a destination where you can then nuke them with chemicals. But what do you do? First, you put one of the nasty brown bananas in the trash. That’ll get the gnats hovering near the trash. Then, you put some meat fat in the trash. The gnats will go nuts, and congregate around the meat fat. You have to put the kitchen trash can out in the open – and once they’re all in there, you just walk up and nuke the sh*t out of it with some industrial grade insect killer. The kind you get at the hardware store, that has a spray apparatus with a tube that goes to the container, kind of like a professional exterminator.

I don’t try to think that I’m trying to lose 100 pounds – I’m not sure how that would work. But I tell you this –I have found that ever since I turned about 42, I can gain 20 pounds in a week. It’s unreal. But if I get motivated with the bananas, I can drop 10 pounds in 3-4 days, easy, eating bananas and drinking water. It’s phenomenal.

I'm not a doctor but my guess is that when you drink that much water with minimal food intake your body isn't using fat it's losing water even if your drinking a ton. It goes into flush mode if you drink a ton of fluids.

This is one of the secrets for fighters making weight. You can google it. They can lose 15-25 pounds the week before weigh in then in the 24-36 hours prior to the fight gain it back because all it was was water loss to begin with.

You aren't really losing fat.

Nanas are also high in sugar and carbs so eating several a day can be a little unhealthy. You might wanna talk to a nutritionist to make sure though.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
LesBaker said:
had said:

I'm not a doctor but my guess is that when you drink that much water with minimal food intake your body isn't using fat it's losing water even if your drinking a ton. It goes into flush mode if you drink a ton of fluids.

This is one of the secrets for fighters making weight. You can google it. They can lose 15-25 pounds the week before weigh in then in the 24-36 hours prior to the fight gain it back because all it was was water loss to begin with.

You aren't really losing fat.

Nanas are also high in sugar and carbs so eating several a day can be a little unhealthy. You might wanna talk to a nutritionist to make sure though.

Yeah, I would agree.

If you're gonna do the banana thing, I'd keep the duration pretty short. Sounds like a good crash diet, but like most crash diets its not great for your health. Anything longer than a few days and you'll start to develop some serious deficiencies.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
libertadrocks said:
had said:

Good luck with it.

Ya know, I've pretty well solved that problem ,Key Lime (Clear American from Wal Mart) and Gin or Vodka is pretty refreshing ,you get a buzz and it's zero carbs.

I just came back from vacation in Colorado , three pounds lighter than when I left,drank very little beer but got buzzed at least half the nights I was there.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Thordaddy said:
libertadrocks said:
had said:

Good luck with it.

Ya know, I've pretty well solved that problem ,Key Lime (Clear American from Wal Mart) and Gin or Vodka is pretty refreshing ,you get a buzz and it's zero carbs.

I just came back from vacation in Colorado , three pounds lighter than when I left,drank very little beer but got buzzed at least half the nights I was there.

Why only half?

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
I'm in 5'11 300 lbs. it's on like donkey kong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
I would like in on the weight loss challenge..

it's on like donkey kong