Weight Loss

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
libertadrocks said:
CGI_Ram said:
You will get tons of advice along the way... I appreciate exercise but the key to weight loss is in the diet.

Have trouble dieting? Then eat well but cut the carbs.

A good rule, and you will see this on an internet search; take the carb grams x 4 and keep the total daily intake under 100.

You will eat lots of meat, eggs, cheese, green veggies, dips, tomatoes, lunch meats, etc.

Depending on your size; you'll drop a pound a day.

+1

Everything you said is on point. I consider eggs a magic food. It's 70 calories for a large egg and it keeps you full for hours. My go to diet breakfast is an omelet with 2 whole eggs + 2 egg whites + 2 slices of roast beef + a cup or so of spinach. It fills you up, keeps you satisfied, and clocks in at about 300 calories. Who doesnt love steak and eggs too?

Seriously tho, if any of y'all need anything on this journey dont hesitate to reach out to me or anyone else on this board. My weight peaked at 280lb and I lost 100lbs over the course of a year and a half. It takes a lot of courage to start a weight loss program and I respect all y'all tremendously
Yup, I love eggs and agree that they can be magic. Our family eats quite a few... everyday. Just gotta make sure you source eggs from a farmer who only feeds his hens grass and bugs (their natural diet), no feeds (like with corn and grains), especially no feeds with Soy (the estrogen rich feed will screw up your male hormones and give you titties :) ). You're probably going to have to call farmers in your area, go to farmers markets and ask what they feed them, because just about everyone uses some type of feed these days and they don't even know what's in it. Anyway, the feed based eggs can be two-thirds lower in protein and 3-times higher in cholesterol, while being devoid of many of the great nutrients found in good eggs. Bottom line, it's all about food quality.

We also eat tons of butter, yogurt, red meat and other foods the established industry tells us to stay away from - we're no longer listening. We just make sure that they're pasture raised, only grass fed (no corn finishing), and unpasteurized (pasteurization kills-off most of the dairy's nutrients and screws-up the human digestive system causing all sorts of bad side effects, like obesity).

P.S. Obesity in America is largely the fault of industrial farming and food "science". Even those trying to eat healthy are steered into consuming such horrendous options such as Soy or low-fat dairy products (the fat is where all the good stuff lives). We start-off early, feeding our babies forumula that attacks the part of the brain that regulate appetite. Bottom line, obesity is not the consumers fault in most cases, I don't care what the media tells us.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
I'm uploading two books from Dr. Weston Price early 1900's research into nutrition around the world... the findings are very interesting and relevant in today's world. Here's an overview...

In the early 1930s, a Cleveland dentist named Weston
A. Price (1870-1948) began a series of unique investigations.
For over ten years, he traveled to isolated parts of the globe to
study the health of populations untouched by western civilization.
His goal was to discover the factors responsible for
good dental health. His studies revealed that dental caries
and deformed dental arches resulting in crowded, crooked
teeth are the result of nutritional deficiencies, not inherited
genetic defects.

The groups Price studied included sequestered villages
in Switzerland, Gaelic communities in the Outer
Hebrides, indigenous peoples of North and South America,
Melanesian and Polynesian South Sea Islanders, African
tribes, Australian Aborigines and New Zealand Maori.
Wherever he went, Dr. Price found that beautiful straight
teeth, freedom from decay, good physiques, resistance to
disease and fine characters were typical of native groups
on their traditional diets, rich in essential nutrients.
When Dr. Price analyzed the foods used by isolated
peoples he found that, in comparison to the American
diet of his day, they provided at least four times the watersoluble
vitamins, calcium and other minerals, and at least
TEN times the fat-soluble vitamins, from animal foods such
as butter, fish eggs, shellfish, organ meats, eggs and animal
fats—the very cholesterol-rich foods now shunned by the
American public as unhealthful.
These healthy traditional
peoples knew instinctively what scientists of Dr. Price’s day
had recently discovered—that these fat-soluble vitamins,
vitamins A and D, were vital to health because they acted
as catalysts to mineral absorption and protein utilization.
Without them, we cannot absorb minerals, no matter how
abundant they may be in our food. Dr. Price discovered an
additional fat-soluble nutrient, which he labeled Activator
X, that is present in fish livers and shellfish, and organ meats
and butter from cows eating rapidly growing green grass
in the Spring and Fall. All primitive groups had a source of
Activator X, now thought to be vitamin K2, in their diets.

The isolated people Price photographed—with
their fine bodies, ease of reproduction, emotional stability
and freedom from degenerative ills—stand forth in sharp
contrast to civilized moderns subsisting on the “displacing
foods of modern commerce,” including sugar, white
flour, pasteurized milk, lowfat foods, vegetable oils and
convenience items filled with extenders and additives.

The isolated groups Dr. Price investigated understood
the importance of preconceptual nutrition for both parents.
Many tribes required a period of special feeding before
conception, in which nutrient-dense animal foods were
given to young men and women. These same foods were
considered important for pregnant and lactating women
and growing children. Price discovered them to be particularly
rich in minerals and in the fat-soluble activators
found only in animal fats.

The isolated people Price photographed—with
their fine bodies, ease of reproduction, emotional stability
and freedom from degenerative ills—stand forth in sharp
contrast to civilized moderns subsisting on the “displacing
foods of modern commerce,” including sugar, white
flour, pasteurized milk, lowfat foods, vegetable oils and
convenience items filled with extenders and additives.
The discoveries and conclusions of Dr. Price are
presented in his classic volume, Nutrition and Physical
Degeneration. The book contains striking photographs of
handsome, healthy primitive people and illustrates in an
unforgettable way the physical degeneration that occurs
when human groups abandon nourishing traditional diets
in favor of modern convenience foods.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
RhodyRams said:
I have been lucky enough in my life never to exceed 180... and that was after surgery from a double hernia when I had to sit on my ass and do nothing for 8 weeks.
Pretty fit guy just from the work I do, but I also do some moderate weight training and such just to keep my boyish figure :yeh:

A forum I use is bodybuilding.com, which has a lot of videos showing the proper technique for exercises, either with free weights, machines or body weight exercises. One of the main keys is not over doing it the first few weeks, to prevent any injuries which would slow your progress, or completely stop it, depending on the injury.

One thing I did learn is to set smaller goals, closer together. By this I mean set a weight you want to be at in 2 weeks, whether lifting it, or losing it. This makes your goals much easier to obtain, which is a big psychological edge.

Good Luck guys, and I will be here cheering you on !!!!

I'll add to this good advice because like I said before your mind is your enemy until you retrain it.

Form is really, really, really important and will help you get the most out of the work you do. Sloppy form is so common I can't believe it. If you can't do the exercise with the right form take the weight down and you'll get more out of it.

If it's affordable hire one of the trainers in the gym and do what you're told to do. Even if you only use them for a handful of sessions you will learn how to do things the right way. Often if you prepay for sessions up front you can get a discount. I prepaid one in cash for 10 sessions and it was well worth it.

Also don't be afraid to ask other people in the gym if you see them doing something that you don't quite know what it is or what muscles it works. People will help.

I had the opposite, but equally as difficult, problem. I'm 5' 10" and when I moved to FL I weighed in at 150 pounds in my clothes. Stress, in unimaginable amounts, whittled me away to a rail. It took a lot of work to get back to what I was, and even more now actually. It was humbling to see how weak I had become considering I have always been in OK shape even when I was smoking. Now I'm 180ish or so. I fluctuate from 178-183.

I know the road your facing, I walked it, just in the other direction.

So you all have 6 days left to step up to the starting line.

I think the rest of us should place bets on whos gonna win, place and show. That's right.....we're gonna treat you guys like a bunch of dogs at the track LOL.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Stranger said:
Damn, the 2nd file (book) is too large to upload here (a little over 5MB). I'm happy to email to you, or perhaps X can alter the upload size limits.
Go ahead and try again.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think the rest of us should place bets on whos gonna win, place and show. That's right.....we're gonna treat you guys like a bunch of dogs at the track LOL.[/quote]

Haha hard to know odds without fully understanding the drive of fire that burns in our stomachs. Some may join just as a way to have support and that's great, and some are in it to win it. Not just renaming rights, but rights over our own bodies again.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
El Juggernauto said:
I think the rest of us should place bets on whos gonna win, place and show. That's right.....we're gonna treat you guys like a bunch of dogs at the track LOL.

Haha hard to know odds without fully understanding the drive of fire that burns in our stomachs. Some may join just as a way to have support and that's great, and some are in it to win it. Not just renaming rights, but rights over our own bodies again.[/quote]

You've got the right outlook Grasshoppa......

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
X said:
Stranger said:
Damn, the 2nd file (book) is too large to upload here (a little over 5MB). I'm happy to email to you, or perhaps X can alter the upload size limits.
Go ahead and try again.
Thanks very much, it worked !!!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
It has begun.

El Juggernauto and I are weighing in today on our 4 month challenge for bragging rights and a sweet rename of the Off-Topic Forum. Anyone else is welcome to join, but you must PM me for access. This obviously isn't something we want the whole world to participate in, so access is by invitation only.

GAME.

ON.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
X said:
It has begun.

El Juggernauto and I are weighing in today on our 4 month challenge for bragging rights and a sweet rename of the Off-Topic Forum. Anyone else is welcome to join, but you must PM me for access. This obviously isn't something we want the whole world to participate in, so access is by invitation only.

GAME.

ON.

I need to lose 30 pounds but I'm not gonna get in the middle of the carnage yall are going to lay down! But I hope you guys motivate me a bit and I'll be an invisible wing man to the end.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Ramhusker said:
X said:
It has begun.

GAME.

ON.

I need to lose 30 pounds but I'm not gonna get in the middle of the carnage yall are going to lay down! But I hope you guys motivate me a bit and I'll be an invisible wing man to the end.
So you want access to the forum then?

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Ramhusker said:
X said:
It has begun.

GAME.

ON.

Fraidy cat.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
X said:
It has begun.

GAME.

ON.

Hold up.....so not everyone can read that forum?

How can general support be given and attaboys a handed out if its shrouded in secrecy.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
I just made some killer bone broth this weekend (grass fed beef bones). It'll become my morning cuppa. Going to finally complete the healing of my digestive system, ridding it of all the ill affects of the Great American Diet. This is a great tool to use in your weight loss race, for those that want to try.

see this article
<a class="postlink" href="http://undergroundwellness.com/top-5-reasons-why-bone-broth-is-the-bomb/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://undergroundwellness.com/top-5-re ... -the-bomb/</a>

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Stranger said:
I just made some killer bone broth this weekend (grass fed beef bones). It'll become my morning cuppa. Going to finally complete the healing of my digestive system, ridding it of all the ill affects of the Great American Diet. This is a great tool to use in your weight loss race, for those that want to try.

see this article
<a class="postlink" href="http://undergroundwellness.com/top-5-reasons-why-bone-broth-is-the-bomb/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://undergroundwellness.com/top-5-re ... -the-bomb/</a>
Thanks man. I'll try to incorporate that.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
recipe on weston a. price website - its important to add vinegar at begining

Lesson

Oh, really?
Good luck to both of you. My advice is to find a diet that works for you. Not one that someone has made, but one that fits your likes and dislikes. Over time, an increase in activity and a change in diet will lead you to where you want to be.

I've lost 20 pounds since December by going that philosophy, and it's starting to become more and more noticeable.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
LesBaker said:
X said:
It has begun.

GAME.

ON.

Hold up.....so not everyone can read that forum?

How can general support be given and attaboys a handed out if its shrouded in secrecy.

Yeah - and how are all of us in the peanut gallery supposed to get our jabs in on you fatasses? :neener: :good1:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
All you have to do is ask for access and I'll set you up. Not everyone wants to see it, and we don't need the entire internet having access, so I've just set it up as invitation only.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Stranger said:

see this article

I'm not in this whole diet thing but the bone broth sounds great. I'm going to have to try it.

So are you drinking about a coffee cup worth each morning?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I wanna try that, but there are zero butchers around here.

Zero.