Vent Thread: Rams@Vikings

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
You guys have a good team. Don't get to down. If the game was played in LA maybe a different outcome. Goff is a good QB and will take you guys to the playoffs for as long as you can' hold on to him. Gurley is good, but he just ran into a hell of defense bent on stopping him today.

A good team got beat by a good team. Now, beat the Saints and the Eagles for us. :)

Well said, a good team beat a good team. Good luck the rest of the year, hope we meet up again this year!

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
This game is on the coach. Where was Everett and Tavon? Even if Austin never touches the ball... get him in there to mix-up the formations a bit, keep the defense on its toes. We ran the same run play every. damn.time. No sweeps or pitch-outs from what I remember. Just runs up the gut, like if Fisher was still coaching.

Should have settled for 6-10 yard passes and give the WRs a chance to make plays with their feet. They tried to go for too many HomeRun plays and it played into the Vikes hands.
Wha make this so frustrating is that the game had a similar tone to the Seahags game, and we HOPED McVay had learned from that one... but we made the SAME mistakes in this one too.

Quinn needs to gtfo with his running PAST the play every single down. Maybe it's because his helmet is too big for him and he can't see where the hell he's running? idk, but I'm tired of the guy.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
UCLA in the running too, I don't think they can land Kelly, but I'm betting Chip likes the PAC 12 better, he's not used to the intensity down south.

Nah. From what I'm hearing, it's a done deal. The press conference is tomorrow at 11:15 AM EST.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
And now the waters are being muddied. So I have no idea if we have him or not. :LOL:

Report: UCLA to meet with Chip Kelly

FootballScoop.com is reporting that UCLA officials will meet with Chip Kelly on Monday. GatorBait.net was the first to report Florida officials were meeting with the former Oregon coach on Sunday afternoon.

The Bruins have long been linked to Kelly, but there was uncertainty on if the UCLA job would open. However, UCLA fired head coach Jim Mora on Sunday after losing to rival USC the night before. Kelly was immediately placed atop the UCLA coaching hot board when news of Mora's firing was released.

Kelly is known for his explosive offenses, fielding four units at Oregon that all ranked in the Top 35 nationally, with his final three in the Top 5. That is the key aspect to why Florida wants Kelly coaching the Gators after UF's doldrums on offense stretch nearly a decade. Kelly also led the Ducks to four BCS bowls from 2009-12, including an appearance in the 2010 BCS National Championship Game.

https://florida.247sports.com/Artic...after-the-Florida-Gators-per-report-110777207

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
It was a game of missed opportunities. I felt like the game was turning on the missed sack play by Quinn and Barwin. That and the penalty on the connection to Woods. Goff stepped up in the pocket like a vet. I was getting hyped like points were being scored, it was a real savy play by him that was wiped out.
I too was wondering where was the Tavon jet sweep decoy?? You have to respect that speed and it opens up backside lanes for Gurley. Maybe Tavon is falling even farther out of favor with McVay and Co.?
I want to see more Reynolds and Everett, but I'm not as smart as the coaches. I'm real tired of Higbee dropping every contested ball though. He plays soft when the ball is in the air.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Y'all are going to be getting a new coach too. Might as well make it difficult for Saban.

I don’t think Chipper is the guy but good luck.

I’m not a gimmick offense fan...don’t care for Malzahn either....lot of Razorback fans want to hire Gus when Auburn fires him...hope not

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Gus Malzahn leaving Auburn for Arkansas??? WOW!

He’s from Fort Smith and it is said that his wife wants to come back home.

He is also on the hot seat with irrational Auburn fans, who think that he loses to Alabama too much...take a number, LOL.

And, the same boosters that didn’t like AD Jeff Long, because he’s not from Arkansas or the South, want Gus when they get Bielema fired.

There’s a lot of smoke....

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
I completely underrated the Vikes Oline especially with their LT acquisition of Reiff. Their offense is legit even with Keenum..Shurmer is definitely a contributing factor as well. On the flip their defense is resembling that Purple People Eater trademark again. I'm ok admitting facts. We got a 4th quarter ass whooping. 7-3 right now balances some of the disappointment.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
giphy.gif

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Report: UCLA to meet with Chip Kelly

FootballScoop.com is reporting that UCLA officials will meet with Chip Kelly on Monday. GatorBait.net was the first to report Florida officials were meeting with the former Oregon coach on Sunday afternoon.

The Bruins have long been linked to Kelly, but there was uncertainty on if the UCLA job would open. However, UCLA fired head coach Jim Mora on Sunday after losing to rival USC the night before. Kelly was immediately placed atop the UCLA coaching hot board when news of Mora's firing was released.

Kelly is known for his explosive offenses, fielding four units at Oregon that all ranked in the Top 35 nationally, with his final three in the Top 5. That is the key aspect to why Florida wants Kelly coaching the Gators after UF's doldrums on offense stretch nearly a decade. Kelly also led the Ducks to four BCS bowls from 2009-12, including an appearance in the 2010 BCS National Championship Game.

https://florida.247sports.com/Artic...after-the-Florida-Gators-per-report-110777207

Yea, I don't know. Our AD, University President, and a bunch of assistant ADs flew to New Hampshire today to meet with him. I'd be shocked if they went through that effort if nothing was done. But we shall see.

I don’t think Chipper is the guy but good luck.

I’m not a gimmick offense fan...don’t care for Malzahn either....lot of Razorback fans want to hire Gus when Auburn fires him...hope not

Gimmicky offenses work in college. Can't argue with Chip's track record.

JackStraw

Rookie
Feels weird not to be bummed out. Lost to a play off team in a play off environment.Got out played. Next week is gonna be a blast, featuring much more Goffense.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Funny if Chip goes to Florida, Howie Roseman, the Eagles GM who had lost the power struggle with Chip before Chip got fired, is a Florida Alum.

That will be awkward when he goes down on pro days or any alumi function.

I mean Kelly literally had the Eagles move Roseman's office into the abyss of their complex... like the guy in "Office Space" being put in the basement with his stapler.

Status
Not open for further replies.