Vent Thread: Falcons@Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That field was horrible. Not sure why. But pretty bad and pretty wet for California.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
Time of possession killed many of our "chances". We just couldn't string together drives to keep the defense off the field. And in doing so, wore out the defense, which made it harder for them to stop drives. I'm very pleased we got the experience though. I had hoped for a deep run into the playoffs, but didn't feel we were quite ready. A strong offseason and another year under our belts should make us much stronger.

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
Sorry to see you guys lose. Was looking for a rematch. You have the makings of a good team. I do think you depend on Gurley a little to much however. While it great that he is there, if you shut him down you shut the Rams down.
My prediction is that next year with a few more good play makers coming, and they will, you will have a more rounded team.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
They were in a must-win situation.
We weren't.
Why's that funny, @OC--LeftCoast? The Falcons had to win that game against CAR. At the time, if they lost, they would have needed help from Arizona to get in. If they had lost, and the Seahawks beat Cardinals, then Atlanta would have been done. We were already guaranteed a spot with the Division Title.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Why's that funny, @OC--LeftCoast? The Falcons had to win that game against CAR. At the time, if they lost, they would have needed help from Arizona to get in. If they had lost, and the Seahawks beat Cardinals, then Atlanta would have been done. We were already guaranteed a spot with the Division Title.
My bad, it’s just that statement was so logical- the “funny” was intended for my buddy the Champ, not recognizing the obvious difference

Sorta like that snickering dog on those Saturday morning cartoons
(y)

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Yup, 9-0.
When you loose possessions like we did, you don't get a chance to do what you want all the time. We had a couple of good drives but that defense was really good. Especially when the refs let them rough up our receivers like they did.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
My bad, it’s just that statement was so logical- the “funny” was intended for my buddy the Champ, not recognizing the obvious difference

Sorta like that snickering dog on those Saturday morning cartoons
(y)
Ah. You're laughing with me and not at me. Got it. ;)

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
After this game, I'm of the opinion that Watkins should not be paid for potential. He didn't play like a big time player tonight in the big moments. A big-time player catches that perfectly-thrown bomb, and a big-time player catches that TD.
Yea, I have kind of gone back and forth on this one. It looks like if he doesn't get the ball right away he kinda has the take my ball and go home attitude. On the first bomb it was under thrown and the CB batted it down. Bruce would have cut in front of him and caught it. He just stands there like, I was wide open and you under threw it so fuck it. I think he made a difference for us this year, but I don't think he is worth number 1 money. I think we can get the same output and defensive reaction with much less money.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
They were in a must-win situation.
We weren't.
We could have slipped to 4th seed...it could have mattered down the road. Jags played to win...Philly did...Minnesota did....The only team that rested starters were the Steelers...and they played the Browns.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
There's nothing I can tell McVay about football, but the distance I have does give me perspective. Even Sean has admitted multiple times this year that his tendency to abandon the run has cost us games. He's just gotta learn from it and not do it again in the playoffs next year.
I agree for the most part.
Last night ATL was smothering Gurley until we started having some success in the passing game.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
The day after...

...I'm still pi$$ed...:banghead::rolleyes:

I believed the Rams had a great opportunity to make some serious noise in the playoffs and they fell down instead of stepping up...

You never know when, or if, you'll get another opportunity. I hope the 2018 Rams carry this disappointment through to next January using it as motivation to not make the same mistake.

Go Rams!!

Tano

Legend
I think the other real killer in this game was the field.

I kinda recall that every game where the offense was not in sync (other than the Viking game) were home games where the field was just piss poor.

The Seattle and Washington game had a lot of slips if I recall correctly.

Last night it looked like we lost quite a few decent plays where the players slipped.

I remember 1 pass that Goff threw nowhere near the receiver and it appeared to me that the receiver slipped on the play. That would have been a first down around the 35 to 40 yard line of Atlanta. Instead we had to punt.

I think the field kept our offense off the field for a large part of the game.

Atlanta saw how the field was and eventually went to a power running game that without Brockers, we couldn't stop.

I only saw a few slips by Atlanta players because of that game plan.

It really sucks that USC put in a new field just a few weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.