Vent Thread: Falcons@Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
McVay is a football savant.

The day anyone on this board can legit tell McVay anything about football is the day Mike Shanahan joins.

Until then, I think we forget we’re on this side of the television for a reason.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
McVay is a football savant.

The day anyone on this board can legit tell McVay anything about football is the day Mike Shanahan joins.

Until then, I think we forget we’re on this side of the television for a reason.

There's nothing I can tell McVay about football, but the distance I have does give me perspective. Even Sean has admitted multiple times this year that his tendency to abandon the run has cost us games. He's just gotta learn from it and not do it again in the playoffs next year.

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
I’m sure McVay will learn from this. I’m still bitterly disappointed, I thought we’d play a whole lot better and we didn’t.

When does our Mock Draft start?

:(

:(

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G
Game was tight and close. Rams hung in there despite the turnovers from Pharoh Cooper. Rams should be proud. Great defense performances by both sides.

Only gripe I have is the playing field was crappola. There were instances where Gurley or Goff or the WRs slipped when the big play was there. Had the field been in good condition, the little minor opportunities here and there for an explosive big play, Rams could have won the game.

RAMBUSH

Starter
Great season . We kick ass in the draft and free agency and come back stronger and hungrier. Go Rams .

jap

Legend

Whatcha talkin' 'bout, Willis? We are fans=fanatics!---there is no such thing as "calm, rational thought" with us!!! After a loss like this? Fire everyone, especially the gatorade guys! Clearly, those gatorade weenies were under performing big-time! last night!

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Hard to come back down 13 0 early, they kept fighting and never gave up

Jared Todd and the offense played well after a slow start, did tavon even play ?

I am proud of this Team and the direction they are going in , never would of predicted this season and such early success with a new coach.

We beat ourselves and that's fixable . GO Rams !

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
When your pro bowl/all pro returner decides to have his worst game of the season (where the opposition get 10 points off the turnovers ) and puts you 13 points in the hole before you’re out of first gear ...it’s gonna be a long day

Tree needs to learn to wrap up he misses key tackles at key points in the game

Loosing Brockers hurt us massively

Top was horrendous

On to next year and repeat Division champs

lordbannon

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The offense looked watered down. Sure, they took away the screen game, but where were the other wrinkles? We didn't convert when we needed to.

Everyone wants to blame McVay getting away from the run. Sure, Gurley is a beast, but with 8 in the box, you *should* be able to pass. People needed to make plays. And then with 5 minutes left down by two scores, the run is pretty much out the window and the stats get skewed.

I think we should have run one more play before the half, but with the extra 10 yards, many more things can go wrong.

I think Cooper should have stopped taking the kickoffs out of the endzone from 7 yards deep. I don't blame Cooper for the punt muff. I do blame him for the kickoff fumble. These things happen. It wasn't just the 10 points that hurt, but losing two entire possessions was murder.

Ogletree can't miss easy tackles with a chance to get off the field. That TD to Julio never should have happened. Why the hell was Johnson trying to go over top of him as the ball floated? Going without Brockers sucked.

Kudos to the Falcons for running their game plan well, and getting the W.

It was a great season, and I'm angry it's over. But this year, the rampant offseason optimism should be a little bit more based on reality rather than wishful thinking.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
I'm not going to vent, but it was very obvious to me that we need to work on getting our offense comfortable with eachother. It was night and day bw the offense and defense. The majority of our defense, besides our defensive backs, have grown and played with each other for almost half a decade now, and it showed. Goff looked nervous at times and never really scanned the field as much as he should. We need to make him just as comfortable throwing to our other receivers as he is Kupp and Woods. Personally, my opinion, he went with who he felt comfortable with all game. This will obviously take time, but its nothing we cant tame care if. We just need to keep our offense this season and beyond.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Nothing to vent about, Cooper had a Bad game, and I wish Higbee had been able to secure that TD pass!

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
One and done was what i was afraid of . It sucks because they were as good as anyone in the NFC , and had a legitimate shot to get to and win the super bowl .
Prime time in front a packed home crowd should have helped , but it didn't . The game was too big for a few guys .
Golden opportunity missed .

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I keep saying that was a reason Quick would look so..uncomfortable later in games when a single pass or two would just happen to go towards him....
Well then he's the poorest excuse for a football player ever. What kind of Professional receiver isn't ready 100% of the time even if he gets zero targets? I think you're confusing uncomfortable with unskilled.
I also believe a young team needs to try to win every game....in every week....continuity...chemistry...plus closing hot...Falcons closed hot....we sputtered down the stretch....I guarantee we would have played a better 1st quarter...which could have been the momentum the team needed today.
Falcons closed by having their kicker score 16 of their 22 points while the defense forced Cam into 3 interceptions while holding their offense to 10 points. Matt Ryan could have sat that one out too. And you can't guarantee anything of the sort. Atlanta leads the entire league in limiting the opposing team's first quarter points. In their last 3 games, in fact, opposing teams have averaged a single point against them in the first quarter.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Ogletree can't miss easy tackles with a chance to get off the field. That TD to Julio never should have happened. Why the hell was Johnson trying to go over top of him as the ball floated?

I thought the same thing when I see that pass to Julio. I rewatched the play and noticed that it was a perfect throw and Johnson was already beat, wouldn't have mattered how he played it. In fact Ryan was slipping and falling down when he threw. Call it half skill and half luck.

It appeared the corner was screened out of the play initially and the pass of coverage to Johnson was late. That was the only issue with that play aside from a lucky throw by Ryan (fading back while slipping and falling down).

Sometimes teams get lucky and the grass will grow where a dog shits. That first punt by Hekker took a great bounce into the arms of the return man of the Falcons, it could have easily been a worse bounce and a bad decision. The ball bounced off of Countess' foot on the next punt return. The hit on Coopers' shoulder that caused a spasm and fumble. Sometimes even a stalled car will start.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Didn't want to come to this thread last night, needed to process it....Watched a movie last night to take my mind off the game (Thirteen Days) and took a few Melatonin to aid in drifting off to sleep....We knew we would have to win the turnover battle and we didn't and for one of the first times this year our special teams let us down.,...The Falcons beat us at our own game, Matt Bryant was kicking like Zuerlein and Cooper made a couple mistakes that cost us early.

Overall the Rams have to find a way to stretch the field more in order to free up the screens and if the Rams resign Watkins, Goff has to trust him, although have to work with Watkins to jump up and try to get the football at it's highest point....Falcons defense played outstanding and the Ram defense played very good too, but the loss of Brockers hurt the run game, although kudos to Morgan Fox for stepping up in many regards.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Overall the Rams have to find a way to stretch the field more in order to free up the screens
Yes.

Also, with all the man coverage Atlanta was playing, I thought for SURE that we'd see Tavon on a linebacker a few times. I kept thinking back to the time the Colts tried the same thing and Tavon went batshit crazy on them. But that doesn't guarantee that Tavon would capitalize on those opportunities. I think he's kind of a shell of his former self now. Is what it is.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
But that doesn't guarantee that Tavon would capitalize on those opportunities. I think he's kind of a shell of his former self now. Is what it is.

I concur, thought they should have utilized Austin more often, but have gotten away from that. My guess is that Austin will not be back, but I felt the Rams could have utilize his receiving skills more, but mainly used him as a running back....Reynolds might be able to offer the outlet I'm looking for, but the youngster needs to get stronger.

Status
Not open for further replies.