Updating Rams offensive coordinator search/Wagoner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
Again the reason for this is they want to announce the whole coaching staff so at the moment, if they are promoting Boras or Cignetti the hold up is finding their replacement and make the announcement all at once. All teams do this so I bet Fisher is taking his time finding the position coach.

I appreciate your reply and I can understand your reasoning! I am just very impatient and excited to see who the Rams next OC will be so we can get an idea on their offensive philosophy! I am really hoping the Rams have a great off-season so they can challenge for the NFC West title next season (Or, at least, in the near future!)!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Again the reason for this is they want to announce the whole coaching staff so at the moment, if they are promoting Boras or Cignetti the hold up is finding their replacement and make the announcement all at once. All teams do this so I bet Fisher is taking his time finding the position coach.
If that were the case, then the coordinator who's getting the job must know. Because I would think as the OC it would be his choice as to who his replacement is.
As for us impatient types, if we think the well dried up on OC candidates with the Rams taking their sweet time, I cant even imagine what crumbs there are for QB/TE coach

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Darrell Bevell may be looking for a job after that pick play gone bad... and then throwing his WR under the bus... Just what we need! :D

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I don't think Fish has done as good of a job as some coaches but I would say that our team is in far better shape now than under Spags. And I actually liked a lot of what Spags was doing. The injuries he had to deal with make our latest round pale in comparison.

This is a tough situation. Our offense has been a problem for so long that it has made a pretty good defense look awful at times. This hire - be it from within or from outside is a huge deal. So I have no problem with Fish taking his time if that is what he feels is necessary to get it right.

Fish absolutely has a lot hanging on this hire. I'm not saying he is gone after this year if we are out of the playoffs but it is definitely a possibility. I like how this team plays and I think there is enough talent that a little more experience will pay big dividends. Let's face it though. Does anyone see this division as anything but the best in the league again this next season? Add to that we have roadies against Green Bay, a much improved Minn, Baltimore, and Cincy.

Bottom line is that no matter the schedule or division, we have to start winning those tough games. But Stan said he is building for consistency. To me, that means patience as long as you see the team improving and competing. And I don't buy at all that this team has regressed over the three seasons he's been here. The record may say that but this team is better than it has been in over ten years IMO.

Next step - get the offense going.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Chris Scelfo former Tight End Coach Atlanta Falcons.
Hmmm... So you're set on Boras huh?
BTW, MAJOR kudos to you, you were putting out Dowell Loggains name way, way, way before anyone else. Nice work

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Hmmm... So you're set on Boras huh?
BTW, MAJOR kudos to you, you were putting out Dowell Loggains name way, way, way before anyone else. Nice work

Just throwing an assistant out there that's available not set on Boras and as to your kudos....Thank you sir, may I have another?;)

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
So what's the drop dead date for having the OC in place without the threat of stunting the O's growth under the guy? I'd really like to see his butt seated at the table pretty damn soon. I don't want a big learning curve placed before our players with little time to gel.

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
The oc should have already been hired. Combine will be here in a blink and the new oc needs to be a big part of that evaluation process. He should already be doing his homework and getting used to his new position.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Not having an OC by now ia a major fail.

Not really. Many teams promote from within... it's clear the Rams already have a solution on the coaching roster, they're just taking their time making announcements. The person who's going to be OC is probably already going through scouting, prepping for the combine, pro-days, etc. Probably just looking now for a QB and/or TE coach to replace Boras or Cignetti. Or they're talking to Josh McDaniels :D

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
If your saying Fisher has "regressed" every year I have to completely disagree!! I don't see that at all!!

No Sir, there is for sure a lot more talent on this roster than there was when he and Snead rolled into town. My point was simply that their record has dipped each of the last 2 seasons.I get the injury bug hitting, and that is a real thing,but at some point you have got to win some games. That Minny game to start the season is a prime example. You have to win that game. Starting off the season playing a bad team at home should be every team's dream. The Rams didn't even bother to show up and got smoked.

Again you could blame injuries for that clunker, but IMO the good guys got out coached.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
The oc should have already been hired. Combine will be here in a blink and the new oc needs to be a big part of that evaluation process. He should already be doing his homework and getting used to his new position.
Maybe he has already been hired, and we just don't know about it?

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
angry-mob_2.jpg

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not really. Many teams promote from within... it's clear the Rams already have a solution on the coaching roster, they're just taking their time making announcements. The person who's going to be OC is probably already going through scouting, prepping for the combine, pro-days, etc. Probably just looking now for a QB and/or TE coach to replace Boras or Cignetti. Or they're talking to Josh McDaniels :D
I was thinking the same thing.

So, IF they end up hiring from within, no worries.

If not? I think they can be questioned on how long it took and the possible impact of the lack of urgency.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
Anybody else hoping that they don't announce an offense by committee

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm feeling that the Rams intensity of their search parallel's the extent of effort OJ put in to his search to find the "real killer"