Trey Watts suspended

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Stupid move on the part of Watts - cut him and save the space for someone that WILL make a difference, and sorry guys Pead is just far to freaking expensive to keep around for what he brings to the table - cut him tonal keep Brown the rookie RB and we've got a space for a WR that wants to play ST and potentially step up (as a backup) if Quick doesn't return to the form he had pre-injury, woo hoo ;)

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Pead and Watts now gone and say hello to our 2 2015 UDFA backs making the team in Malcolm Brown and Terrance Franks.

fancents86

Starter
What a shame, I really liked Watts from what I saw in preseason. Faulk was giving him some praise as well, which is big IMO.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Pead and Watts now gone and say hello to our 2 2015 UDFA backs making the team in Malcolm Brown and Terrance Franks.

Now we know why Malcomb Brown received a high bonus for the UDRFA'S.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Annoys me how Pead just keeps getting a free ride on the roster for doing nothing. I understand he has some skills blocking and catching and he did nice work on ST for a little bit, but he's not pulling his weight.

Talent. Pead has it. He just hasnt figured it out yet. One of those guy's they keep around just incase the light switch goes on - because if it does he can provide us with something completely different on offense.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I know Pead has been infuriating but talent wise I'd take him over Brown, Watts or any other UDFA we have. I don't think he's had the best of opportunities here and the injury sure didn't help. He's been a bit of a knucklehead but I hope he gets one more decent chance and uses it wisely. Otherwise, time to cut bait.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Watts has a lot of fans here. I am rooting for him, but would have ranked Pead ahead of him going into camp before this.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Well...we can easily save a space for Malcolm Brown and maybe another running back who gets cut later on. Highly doubt that either Watts or Pead will make the team at this point.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I know Pead has been infuriating but talent wise I'd take him over Brown, Watts or any other UDFA we have. I don't think he's had the best of opportunities here and the injury sure didn't help. He's been a bit of a knucklehead but I hope he gets one more decent chance and uses it wisely. Otherwise, time to cut bait.
I think Brown offers some hard nosed running that could be useful down the line...

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

He was one of my favorite picks that draft, loved him coming out of college. He really didn't impress his rookie year then the 2nd year he lost time to the hot Zac Stacy. Third year went down with the injury. I hope he's able to do something this year in whatever carries he's able to manage. I just have a feeling he won't get much of a chance and he'll sign elsewhere in 2016 and shine.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
malcolm-brown-texas-longhorns1-570x444.jpg

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
From what I've read coach he's great at running forward a couple yards falling down and holding onto the ball. Everybody could use a short yardage guy like that. And with Stacy gone and now this with Watts I think a job on the 53 man is his to take.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
From what I've read coach he's great at running forward a couple yards falling down and holding onto the ball. Everybody could use a short yardage guy like that. And with Stacy gone and now this with Watts I think a job on the 53 man is his to take.

I concur @OldSchool the door is now open and his size 5-11 225lbs makes him the 2nd largest back on the team with that guy from Georgia being just a tad bigger, you know, what's his name?:sleep:

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I think Brown offers some hard nosed running that could be useful down the line...

I don't argue that but what do you think he offers that Cunningham doesn't? seems like a Stacey clone to me. (not that fast). But you could be right as a short yardage guy.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
I think they keep Watts till the suspension is over if he doesn't count against the roster. That way they can carry an extra RB. If that extra RB out performs Watts they can just cut him after his suspension is done. I like Watts so I will be pulling for him.