Trey Watts suspended

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
I mention it because he's currently our highest paid RB, and I don't think that's justified for a player that hasn't really contributed that much to the Rams offense. You can hardly say that he's lived up to his draft selection position, if he had, Fisher and Snead wouldn't keep investing in the position.

In an ideal world the cap figure shouldn't count, but it does. It's almost like paying a backup or situational player top dollar, it just doesn't make sense in the business world to me.
This is a general comment, so its not directed at you personally, but I just don't get why so many fans get caught up with what guys get paid. Who cares what he is making compared to the othe RBs on the roster? Its apples and oranges considering he is the longest tenured player at the position. Not one of other players at the position are entering their 4th year with the team on the last year of their rookie contract.

The bottom line for me, anyway, is he is not costing them even $1M THIS YEAR. If he is a better option than someone else, regardless of position, than it makes NO sense to get rid of him.

The only people complaining of him not ""living up to his draft position" are fans. And apparently, the organization feels differently as to what is "justified".