Tre Mason's mother: RB is like '10-year-old' due to head injuries

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I just hope that Tre gets the help he needs, whatever it is. I really don't quite understand how he hasn't received help, at this point. If his family can't get him help, I hope the Rams, or his friends do.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

It can take several days to come down from using ice and effects can include difficulty sleeping, exhaustion, headaches, dizziness and blurred vision. They can also include paranoia, hallucinations and confusion, irritability and feeling down.

www.heraldsun.com.au › news-story

Wolfecola

Wubba Lubba Dub Dub

It can take several days to come down from using ice and effects can include difficulty sleeping, exhaustion, headaches, dizziness and blurred vision. They can also include paranoia, hallucinations and confusion, irritability and feeling down.

www.heraldsun.com.au › news-story

Well then, that's the only possible explanation. Discussion over. Kurtfaulk cracked the case of Mason's sudden odd behavior.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I would say that choices are the reason Tre is where he's at today more than anything else.

Wolfecola

Wubba Lubba Dub Dub
I would say that choices are the reason Tre is where he's at today more than anything else.

But how can you completely disregard the possibility of a brain disorder?

For the life of me, I cannot understand how people can possibly be so completely sure of their own opinion based on absolutely zero supporting evidence. It could be a brain disorder, drugs, or his own immaturity. Nobody in this thread know what the kid is going through.

Just as feasible as your " it has to be a mental issue" diagnosis.

Please feel free to quote me where I stated that it "had to be" a mental disorder. You can't, because I didn't say that. You disregarded a possibility. I never said that it wasn't drugs. Nobody knows. Simple.

I don't pretend to deal with certainties when it comes to the unknown. It's illogical.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well then, that's the only possible explanation. Discussion over. Kurtfaulk cracked the case of Mason's sudden odd behavior.

Just as feasible as your " it has to be a mental issue" diagnosis.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Maybe - I guess. If it's mental illness then not so much.
Of course, but I'm talking about playing pro football, smoking weed, speeding in an unregistered vehicle, resisting arrest, not communicating with his employer etc.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I cannot understand how people can possibly be so completely sure of their own opinion based on absolutely zero supporting evidence.
I'm completely sure of my opinion because its my opinion.
It's OKAY for you to disagree with it but it's mine. That's how this discussion thing works.

Wolfecola

Wubba Lubba Dub Dub
Of course, but I'm talking about playing pro football, smoking weed, speeding in an unregistered vehicle, resisting arrest, not communicating with his employer etc.

True. But that behavior could be indicative of someone simply under the influence, or suffering from a mental disorder. We have no way of knowing. That's my point.

I'm completely sure of my opinion because its my opinion.
It's OKAY for you to disagree with it but it's mine. That's how this discussion thing works.

Right, but what are you basing that opinion off of? There's no facts to support whether it's drug use or a mental disorder. There just isn't any logical justification for suggesting "BS. It's drugs."

I'm going to stray away from this subject as mental health is something I'm passionate about and this very same discussion has caused me to lose my cool on this board before, on the account that people like fanning the flames... but I hope Mason gets the help he needs, regardless of the cause behind his seemingly abrupt self destructive behavior.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Who knows. But stop the judgmental freaking bullcrap.
Nah. Judgement. Discernment. All a matter of semantics, Athos. Not nearly enough discernment anymore. People are scared. Bullcrap. The young man needs help. Sure. But based on what we know about his actions and decisions in evidence, Tre Mason decided selfishly to play himself off the Rams. Is that so hard to see?

I don't think he's smart enough to out on an act like this
Stop the judgemental freaking bullcrap, Athos. :cool:

Tell ya what though, it always amuses me when people through around "drugs" and "selfish" and "immature" and "not being responsible." As if people on an online board know shot about the dude.
I hope one day Mason gets off drugs. Stops his selfish, immature, irresponsible behavior and makes something of his life.

Amused?

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay

sure - and to you and me those are choices - but mental illness is another thing. I admittedly have no clue if he suffers from mental illness, but if he does - then his decision making ability isn't his issue.

Going a step further - if he does have A brain injury - that could be seen as a risk he assumed - and is still tragic.

Either way it is disheartening to see how callous much of the fan base is towards him. The fans ask loyalty of players - they ride their ass when they hold out, they call them traitors when they play for a different team, and they ridicule them when they play poorly. I guess I just hope none of the players read these boards.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
All NFL players know of the risks of playing football. They knew it going into highschool. They know on any given play they could end up paralyzed from the neck down and confined to a wheelchair for the rest of their life. They all know who Darryll Stingly is. But they play anyway. Because of the money. Once they get that 1st NFL contract, they can afford just about anything they want. Mom and Dad get a new house, SUV, etc. They can afford good health insurance too, just in case they DO get a bad injury.

I don't want to hear them crying about getting hurt. They all knew the risk of playing football. I worked my azz off for 35 years and never came close to making the kind of money they make in two or three years.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Has Tre Mason been evaluated for mental illness yet? His mom better get on that.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Has Tre Mason been evaluated for mental illness yet? His mom better get on that.

He is over 18. Mom has no legal standing to make him do anything. The law is challenging in this respect. Involuntary commitment has a pretty high standard and for good reason - otherwise I would have had a bunch of you assholes in straight jackets long ago.

tempests

Hall of Fame
OK Mrs. Mason, if you are so against football, why did you let your son play it? I bet I know. So Tre could buy you that new SUV, that new 3500 sq ft split level 4 bdrm home, new furniture and all those new clothes you've been wearing since Tre inked that NFL contract.
Yes, Mrs Mason, you knew full well for years, even before Tre started playing football in high school, that there was a risk of injury, and even paralysis and death, but the monetarily benefit outweighed the risk, so you let your son play football. So don't expect me to feel sorry for you or your son. You knew the risks, gambled on it , and got paid. Don't come crying to the public "football ruined my son".

No, Mrs. Mason, You did.

PS. Mrs. Mason, would you give the house, the SUV, the clothes and all the money back to have your son back the way he was before you let him play football?

I wonder...........

She didn't. It was a conversation between her and the police that TMZ made public.

Must be hard and jarring to see her son behaving this way. Give her a break. This isn't her fault.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
image.jpg
Tre is heading down the Marinovich express

Former Raiders QB Found Naked, With Drugs

Todd Marinovich, a former quarterback for the Los Angeles Raiders, has been arrested after police found him naked in a stranger's backyard in Irvine, California. He reportedly had marijuana and what was believed to be methamphetamine at the time of his arrest. Police say they were tipped off to Marinovich after someone called saying a naked man was hiking along a trail in a residential area. They arrived to find Marinovich clutching a bag full of drugs. Marinovich, 47, was once a star quarterback and the Raiders' first-round draft pick in 1991, but in recent years he is more well-known for his frequent run-ins with the law. In 1997, he served three months in jail for growing marijuana at home, and in 2001, was busted for heroin possession. He has previously blamed drugs for the downfall of his NFL career.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats...th-drugs.html?via=twitter_page&source=copyurl

biggame1190

Starter
Name
CB
bullcrap. He never was even diagnosed with a concussion and only played one year. You don't develop CTE that quickly. It takes years or even decades to actually trigger in the brain.

It can actually only take 2 seasons of football, on any level. But im guessing mental illness for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.