Tre Mason's mother: RB is like '10-year-old' due to head injuries

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fearsomefour

Legend
bullcrap. He never was even diagnosed with a concussion and only played one year. You don't develop CTE that quickly. It takes years or even decades to actually trigger in the brain.
He has been playing football for many years however.
CTE would not be limited to
Pro ball.

Athos

Legend
Yeah, but enough to actually trigger CTE? Future NFL players are practically untouchable in high school and barely ever tackled let alone hit in the hard enough to get a concussion. Possibly college but again, it takes years for it to actually develop.

Still a relatively new disease. You don't know jack shit enough about it and I sure as hell don't either. We aren't experts and the science behind it is basically in its infancy.

Tell ya what though, it always amuses me when people through around "drugs" and "selfish" and "immature" and "not being responsible." As if people on an online board know shot about the dude.

By all accounts he was fine before this. No one knows. I don't think he's smart enough to out on an act like this. And if he is, that still smells of a mental issue.

Who knows. But stop the judgmental fucking bullshit.

A55VA6

Legend
Something is clearly going on and whatever it may be, it's not sounding good. Whether a mental illness, drugs, or something else.

Wolfecola

Wubba Lubba Dub Dub
Yeah, but enough to actually trigger CTE? Future NFL players are practically untouchable in high school and barely ever tackled let alone hit in the hard enough to get a concussion. Possibly college but again, it takes years for it to actually develop.

You've got to understand who labeled his symptoms as those of CTE. I imagine she considers that acronym an umbrella term for all brain disorders/damage.

But stop the judgmental freaking bullcrap.

Amen. People seem to forget he's not just a RAM, but an actual human being, too. Geez.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Still a relatively new disease. You don't know jack crap enough about it and I sure as hell don't either. We aren't experts and the science behind it is basically in its infancy.

Tell ya what though, it always amuses me when people through around "drugs" and "selfish" and "immature" and "not being responsible." As if people on an online board know shot about the dude.

By all accounts he was fine before this. No one knows. I don't think he's smart enough to out on an act like this. And if he is, that still smells of a mental issue.

Who knows. But stop the judgmental freaking bullcrap.

Aren't you a Titans fan already? :sleepz:

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Still a relatively new disease. You don't know jack crap enough about it and I sure as hell don't either. We aren't experts and the science behind it is basically in its infancy.

Who knows. But stop the judgmental freaking bullcrap.
I understand what you're saying. But it's getting to the point where the NFL will be getting sued so much for "CTE" that they will be done as a league in 10-15 years. Don't be surprised either when they stop playing with helmets. It's already on its way to being flag football.

On that note, I can't really blame people for judging the situation. Because the more this happens, the more likely it becomes even more driven towards safety and you'll see guys get flagged for just bumping heads. Which will entice the former of what I was saying to happen.

I'm hoping as much as you that it's just him acting up. But to go as far as saying he has a sudden fucking brain disorder at 24 years old is a little farfetched.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I understand what you're saying. But it's getting to the point where the NFL will be getting sued so much for "CTE" that they will be done as a league in 10-15 years. Don't be surprised either when they stop playing with helmets. It's already on its way to being flag football.

On that note, I can't really blame people for judging the situation. Because the more this happens, the more likely it becomes even more driven towards safety and you'll see guys get flagged for just bumping heads. Which will entice the former of what I was saying to happen.

I'm hoping as much as you that it's just him acting up. But to go as far as saying he has a sudden freaking brain disorder at 24 years old is a little farfetched.

What is far fetched about it? Do brain injuries always present over an extended period of time?

Cutting edge science barely understands the brain - much less a bunch of dudes on a message board.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
What is far fetched about it? Do brain injuries always present over an extended period of time?

Cutting edge science barely understands the brain - much less a bunch of dudes on a message board.
But his actions don't qualify as brain trauma. Unless he had a mental disorder before any head injuries. Which he obviously showed in interviews and such that he didn't.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
But his actions don't qualify as brain trauma. Unless he had a mental disorder before any head injuries. Which he obviously showed in interviews and such that he didn't.

Qualify according to what standard?

Ellard80

Legend
I doubt its CTE.

Could be drug related but looks like Schizophrenia

Eventually we will know.

I feel for his mother.. she is trying to find some outside force to blame - but honestly it could be one of those things that is under the control of no one.

Ellard80

Legend
Yup. There's a whole list of brain disorders that Mason's symptoms fit. But of course you'll have people claiming it simply has to be just drugs, or that he's just immature.

For his sake, I hope they're right.

Yeah... hopefully i'ts drugs.

Can come back from that... if its Schizophrenia

There is no coming back.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
The humanity in this thread is overwhelming - you guys are all heart. I guess football really is family.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
http://m.brainline.org/content/category.php?name=Behavioral and Emotional Symptoms
He doesn't really relate to this list. Maybe a couple of syndromes but who isn't depressed and occasionally has outburst of anger. That's just basic human emotions. He's a different kinda crazy.

And you think there is going to be some online chart that can diagnose him - or better yet - disprove a suggestion of what may be causing his symptoms?
The smartest minds the world has ever known admit that the brain is more unknown that known.

Isn't it enough to just admit that we don't know what is wrong with him and hope that he finds the right kind of help and gets better?

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
http://m.brainline.org/content/category.php?name=Behavioral and Emotional Symptoms
He doesn't really relate to this list. Maybe a couple of syndromes but who isn't depressed and occasionally has outburst of anger. That's just basic human emotions. He's a different kinda crazy.

By they way - this is from link you sent:

Why behaviors and emotions can change after TBI
Depending on what part or parts of a person’s brain are injured, the individual may experience significant behavioral and emotional changes. The frontal lobe, for example, helps govern personality and impulsivity. If damaged, there might be no “braking mechanism” for self-control. A person may find he cannot control his anger or aggression. He may also make inappropriate comments to friends or strangers not realizing they are off color.

This doesn't sound like it fits to you?

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
OK Mrs. Mason, if you are so against football, why did you let your son play it? I bet I know. So Tre could buy you that new SUV, that new 3500 sq ft split level 4 bdrm home, new furniture and all those new clothes you've been wearing since Tre inked that NFL contract.
Yes, Mrs Mason, you knew full well for years, even before Tre started playing football in high school, that there was a risk of injury, and even paralysis and death, but the monetarily benefit outweighed the risk, so you let your son play football. So don't expect me to feel sorry for you or your son. You knew the risks, gambled on it , and got paid. Don't come crying to the public "football ruined my son".

No, Mrs. Mason, You did.

PS. Mrs. Mason, would you give the house, the SUV, the clothes and all the money back to have your son back the way he was before you let him play football?

I wonder...........

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

She's probably on the same drugs he's on. Isn't that what happens in the music industry?

Status
Not open for further replies.