Training Camp (MON Aug-14)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Have to disagree about the catch at the endzone. He caught the ball, tucked it and was immediately popped hard by the MLB. Can't blame Woods for that.

If the roles were reversed, would you not say that it was a great hit by a Ram LB to knock the ball loose?
Yes and no. He had the ball in a chicken wing position (not tucked in). That's a no-no when expecting contact. Yes, good hit.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Yes, I recall the Casanova McKinzy love and Peterson too, props to you sir!

Yeah - just a good guess , but there are certain tells you get from photos, videos from seeing a player.

Ejuan Price I won't think would be good as a OLB/DE . He reminds me of Khalil Mack. Just real compact,strong,powerful, & quick as heck of the edge. In practice he came of the edge so fast to sack the QB. The Rams don't have the best RT , except maybe now with Big Rob back at RT. --I actual thought it was better the other way around. My main reason is keeping Big Rob safe & he is by far the better of the 2. Brown seems to struggle at guard a bit. Just brain lapses or technique?

Petterson showed he can come up & make tackles. I like the fact he seems to have good ball skills.
MJ is a surprise.He played last year & teams really picked up on The Rams weakness last year of having young CB's. Vikings coach said CB is the hardest position in the NFL to learn , because the college rules.

McKinnzy came off the edge on one play that Inthought he was offsides against Dallas. Instead he timed it perfect.
Carlos Thomas has been showing up as well, & Littleton started when Barron was out.
--There are going to be some tough cuts. Harkey I like because he brings so much , his future is not that bright. I think you have to go with youth with a high ceiling for depth.
Sam Rodgers ?? EJ Gaines was getting burned a little. I think The Eams were smart to put him on the depth chart as there starter. We all know of late Webster is the starting CB.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Robey-Coleman is 5 foot 8 inches tall.
Wouldn't that make him a target on the outside?
Has there ever been a five foot eight starting cornerback?
Did it make Joyner a target and was it a problem with him? A quality CB will succeed with his skills. Sometimes people are too wrapped up in height and speed. Put good players in a good scheme and we'll be just fine.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Did it make Joyner a target and was it a problem with him? A quality CB will succeed with his skills. Sometimes people are too wrapped up in height and speed. Put good players in a good scheme and we'll be just fine.
I don't think that Joyner looked very good as a outside cornerback.

Center fielder free safety? Sure.
Slot corner playing underneath? Sure.

Outside CB against outside wide receivers?
I don't think so. JMHO.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't think that Joyner looked very good as a outside cornerback.

Center fielder free safety? Sure.
Slot corner playing underneath? Sure.

Outside CB against outside wide receivers?
I don't think so. JMHO.
Fair enough it's your opinion. All I'm saying is don't count a player out because of his height. Let his play on the field decide. There are plenty of short players in the NFL at various positions that people sat here and said "he's too short to play there" and they've succeeded. Case in point AD, his game tape he should have been a top 5 pick. We stole him because other people said "he's too short".

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Height can be a problem in a short yardage jump ball situation if you leave a shorter corner on an island against a Kelvin Benjamin type - but you scheme against putting him in that situation. If you abandon the idea of a player at a position because of a potential mismatch issue - you can't field 11 guys on D.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Just watching the tape of
Robey-Coleman I would say that, yes, he could probably successfully cover Kelvin Benjamin 4 out of 5 times.

It is that 5th time that worries me.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Just watching the tape of
Robey-Coleman I would say that, yes, he could probably successfully cover Kelvin Benjamin 4 out of 5 times.

It is that 5th time that worries me.

Deon Sanders in his prime loses a jump ball here and there to KB, too. We would suit his ass up out there, wouldn't we?

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
There are prototypical player sizes for a reason.
Robey-Coleman is about five inches shorter than a prototypical cornerback.

I love the guy in the slot and I have no idea why Buffalo would not attempt to re-sign him.

Particularly because it allows us to move Joyner to free safety and that seems to be his natural position.

That said, Robey-Coleman would be a natural target by the opposing team as an outside cornerback.
It is not really fair to the guy or a smart move to put him outside.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Deon Sanders in his prime loses a jump ball here and there to KB, too. We would suit his ass up out there, wouldn't we?
So we're going to bring out Hall of Famers, Darrell Green and Deion Sanders in a hypothetical discussion that the coaches aren't even considering at this point apparently.
Okie dokie. :D

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So we're going to bring out Hall of Famers, Darrell Green and Deion Sanders in a hypothetical discussion that the coaches aren't even considering at this point apparently.
Is that any worse than bringing out hypotheticals to hold a guys height against him? You're assuming every pass against him is perfect and assuming he catches the ball every time. Sorry give me a 5'8" NRC over a 6'2" avereage corner every day. NRC will play well every play. But hat average corner? Good players lose 1 on 1 battles it happens sometimes height isn't going to change that. Wade is comfortable with him out there sorry if I defer to him over you.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay

What aren't the coaches considering? Using him outside? Isn't the report that they are giving him looks outside how we got into this discussion?

Measurables are great and all and for on paper football but we are moving past that. Cooper Kupp was supposed to be too slow on paper and Fendi Onubun was supposed to be an unstoppable force.

The hardest thing to measure but the most important attribute is what happens between the ears. Instincts, diagnosing the play and putting yourself in position - that's what made Green and Sanders so special - and let's call it what it is - that's what allows Nickell Roby to compete.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
My point is it is a bit of a stretch to try to compare Nickell Robey Coleman's situation with two Hall of Fame cornerbacks.

And no, 12, I had not heard or read anything about the coaches considering him outside.

Tons of hypotheticals out there and that is the basis of a forum.
Nothing wrong with that.

I made my point clear.
Maybe it would be a good idea to revisit this if they ever actually put him outside in a game.