Training Camp (MON Aug-14)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
After watching Woods drop an easy one and fumble another by not tucking it properly, and then not shielding off the defender, anybody having second thoughts about him. Props to Tru, but Woods you got to shield the defender.

Have to disagree about the catch at the endzone. He caught the ball, tucked it and was immediately popped hard by the MLB. Can't blame Woods for that.

If the roles were reversed, would you not say that it was a great hit by a Ram LB to knock the ball loose?

fearsomefour

Legend
You can't watch that play and tell me it's a plant and throw he planted turned his body waited then threw Johnson followed his eyes the entire time, he waited entirely too long to make that pass he threw it short and to the inside
It was basically a one man route....all that other stuff going on (with the other receivers) to get Woods open there. Maybe it didn't happen as quickly as desired. Don't know.
It is basically a safe, conservative pass play in a small area. The throw was fine. Dude layed a hit on him.
At least that's how I saw it.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Hard to tell at that angle but it looks to me like he was late on his second read. Which goes back to one of the things he needs to work on: getting through his reads faster. That was definitely something I noticed watching him practice, although at times he does quite well with it. What I suspect throws him is when he sees the look he wants but the read gets taken away and he's gotta adjust. But I am certain that McVay's all over him on that with plenty of snaps in camp left to go to tune him up.

Oh and I'm sure tomorrow morning's radio will be sharks smellin blood, but whatever. Those clowns are just biased fans with a platform, so I don't waste my time tuning in.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Cornerback Nickell Robey-Coleman took snaps on the outside during Saturday’s game, and McVay said there’s a potential role for him there. Robey-Coleman has been more of a slot corner for most of his career to this point
Music to my ears!(y)

The MIA of a cameo appearance of Rob Quinn last Saturdays still causing me some concern. Having last been healthy was back in 2014 .......I will be real happy to see him out there for a short period of time. But on the opposite side of this Matt Longacre is very effective in his new role & eases that concern. In addition Matt Longacre's back up McKinzy is another pleasant surprise.

I was saying for months McKinzy was going to make the team. I'll also add Kevin Peterson to this list as I was saying the same .This is way before that guy from Tennessee Vols got cut that everyone loved for no reason.

I thought Carlos Thomas was playing his butt off , along with Ejuan Price.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The issue was that Goff threw after Woods started his break.

Exactly right. The ball should be there as soon as the wr turns his body.

It was way late and that's with woods running the play almost in slow motion. C'mon man. So even with that slow route woods turned around and stood there for what seemed like 2 seconds before the ball came. I didn't time it but it felt that long.

Goff must have made that throw a thousand times. Not sure what happened on that play.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The location was fine. He was late on the throw. That was the problem. The eyes weren't the issue. Tru wasn't even looking at him when he started his throwing motion. The issue was that Goff threw after Woods started his break. On a route like that, you have to release it earlier because Tru has the sideline as an extra defender and can afford to cheat inside. The ball needs to be on Woods as soon as he's out of his break in the brief moment he has separation.

Don't even get me started on all the times people wrongly state that the QB "stared down" the WR.
In this case he absolutely did he didn't look anywhere else as soon as he got the snap he zeroed in on woods, Johnson was playing inside leverage that's why the throw should have been high and to the outside towards the sideline so either it's caught or incomplete he made it to easy for Johnson to break on the ball.

Look at the route woods ran he had Johnson in a. Ack pedal when he came out of his break but Johnson sat on the route cause Goff was looking directly at him. You also notice on the throw how woods had to try to come back to the ball which is almost impossible running that type of route. If the throw is high and to the outside Johnson don't get to it

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It was basically a one man route....all that other stuff going on (with the other receivers) to get Woods open there. Maybe it didn't happen as quickly as desired. Don't know.
It is basically a safe, conservative pass play in a small area. The throw was fine. Dude layed a hit on him.
At least that's how I saw it.
Lol talking about the int he threw in practice today not the throw in the game to woods

WestCoastRam

Legend
Looked to me like Goff screwed up, we're just quibbling about how many screw-ups can dance on the head of a pin.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Sounds like something that never would have happened with Fisher :D

Not true at all . Didn't MJ have to start a game last year & Petterson picked up late ? I'm not a Fisher fan a all.

Maybe your point is the lack of depth at the position. He had that guy Greg Williams brought in, only to have to cut him.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Have to disagree about the catch at the endzone. He caught the ball, tucked it and was immediately popped hard by the MLB. Can't blame Woods for that.

If the roles were reversed, would you not say that it was a great hit by a Ram LB to knock the ball loose?

It was an awesome hit to be fair - you're right if it was a Ram laying that hit on the goal line we'd be championing the LB - not the fact that the ball was fumbled.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
The location was fine. He was late on the throw. That was the problem. The eyes weren't the issue. Tru wasn't even looking at him when he started his throwing motion. The issue was that Goff threw after Woods started his break. On a route like that, you have to release it earlier because Tru has the sideline as an extra defender and can afford to cheat inside. The ball needs to be on Woods as soon as he's out of his break in the brief moment he has separation.

Don't even get me started on all the times people wrongly state that the QB "stared down" the WR.

I've seen him stare down before.In this case it's just practice. He was trying to throw The out.
Woods route was a little weak. Tru had good coverage, & a defender slowed the throw a bit as well. The Rams are putting things on tape. Getting better each day .

Tru Johnson is going to have a po bowl year.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I was saying for months McKinzy was going to make the team. I'll also add Kevin Peterson to this list as I was saying the same .This is way before that guy from Tennessee Vols got cut that everyone loved for no reason.

I thought Carlos Thomas was playing his butt off , along with Ejuan Price.

Yes, I recall the Casanova McKinzy love and Peterson too, props to you sir!

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Not true at all . Didn't MJ have to start a game last year & Petterson picked up late ? I'm not a Fisher fan a all.

Maybe your point is the lack of depth at the position. He had that guy Greg Williams brought in, only to have to cut him.
No, keep in mind Peterson was signed to a futures contract and psquad after Fisher was fired and Mike Jordan didn't come off the psquad until late in the season right before Fisher was fired.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Get him and Kayvon locked up long term and TruJo can sign wherever he wants in the off season so we get a comp pick.
Robey-Coleman is 5 foot 8 inches tall.
Wouldn't that make him a target on the outside?
Has there ever been a five foot eight starting cornerback?