Training Camp (MON Aug-14)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Oh look! Jamon Brown and Pace Murphy are on the field working on pass protection drills...

Pace.jpg

Jamon.jpg

Ramzheart

Rookie
This could either be a good thing or a bad thing; good thing, if it is Goff challenging the defense and seeing exactly what his receivers can do; or a bad thing, he's regressing...
yeah, whats going on with him today? I thought I read that Mannion had some time with the ones. so was Jared running with the two's during this period?

Ramzheart

Rookie
This could either be a good thing or a bad thing; good thing, if it is Goff challenging the defense and seeing exactly what his receivers can do; or a bad thing, he's regressing...
yeah, whats going on with him today? I thought I read that Mannion had some time with the ones. so was Jared running with the two's during this period?

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
Whats up with that young lady giving you the "get away you old perv" look? Lol, I get it all the time too.
I know! Like, what the hell did I do? It's not like she is all that or anything. Heck, I was just focusing on the beers!

But what the heck, @RamBall, I guess you and I have a lot more in common than just football!

Take care my Brother.

PS: I take it you and the little lady made it home safe? It was great meeting the both of you at camp.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
After watching Woods drop an easy one and fumble another by not tucking it properly, and then not shielding off the defender, anybody having second thoughts about him. Props to Tru, but Woods you got to shield the defender.
No, it's preseason and he's known for being reliable. Also I wouldn't call the drop an "easy one" he had to lay out to catch it, and he tucked the ball but the defender put his helmet on the ball, it happens. As for the play, the ball looked a little underthrown for a comeback route, Tru was in perfect position to pick that. You can see Woods trying to adjust to the throw right before Tru comes in.

Last edited:

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No, it's preseason and he's known for being reliable. Also I wouldn't call the drop an "easy one" he had to lay out to catch it, and he tucked the ball but the defender put his helmet on the ball, it happens. As for the play, the ball looked a little underthrown for a comeback route, Tru was in perfect position to pick that. You can see Woods trying to adjust to the throw right before Tru comes in.
And Goff didn't help either staring down the route

fearsomefour

Legend
After watching Woods drop an easy one and fumble another by not tucking it properly, and then not shielding off the defender, anybody having second thoughts about him. Props to Tru, but Woods you got to shield the defender.
Zero point zero.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
On a quick slant you don't really have time to look off a safety or go through reads.
Well Sammy Watkins tend to disagree, when Mannion threw that 4 down pass to Mcroberts Watkins said Mannion did a good job of looking off the safety and then threw a good pass. If you already know where the play is going you can afford to look in the other direction and besides on this play Goff planted his entire body and waited for like 3 seconds while looking that way you can't do that in the NFL you either make that pass a lot quicker if you do or more often then not those are pick 6's

bluecoconuts

Legend
Goff planted his entire body and waited for like 3 seconds while looking that way you can't do that in the NFL

You're right you can't. And Goff didn't do that. He planted and threw. It was telegraphed, but it was still a plant and throw.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You're right you can't. And Goff didn't do that. He planted and threw. It was telegraphed, but it was still a plant and throw.
You can't watch that play and tell me it's a plant and throw he planted turned his body waited then threw Johnson followed his eyes the entire time, he waited entirely too long to make that pass he threw it short and to the inside

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well Sammy Watkins tend to disagree, when Mannion threw that 4 down pass to Mcroberts Watkins said Mannion did a good job of looking off the safety and then threw a good pass. If you already know where the play is going you can afford to look in the other direction and besides on this play Goff planted his entire body and waited for like 3 seconds while looking that way you can't do that in the NFL you either make that pass a lot quicker if you do or more often then not those are pick 6's
If you look closely, he starts his read from the middle and then pivots his left foot and turns his body to right before throwing. Can't really see where hes looking because the camera is so far away. But if you look at the feet, you do see that he starts from the middle. Johnson read the play perfectly and jumped on it. It was a very good job from him.

I think he should've just not thrown it that way IMO. Woods didn't sell it either with his route.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You can't watch that play and tell me it's a plant and throw he planted turned his body waited then threw Johnson followed his eyes the entire time, he waited entirely too long to make that pass he threw it short and to the inside

The location was fine. He was late on the throw. That was the problem. The eyes weren't the issue. Tru wasn't even looking at him when he started his throwing motion. The issue was that Goff threw after Woods started his break. On a route like that, you have to release it earlier because Tru has the sideline as an extra defender and can afford to cheat inside. The ball needs to be on Woods as soon as he's out of his break in the brief moment he has separation.

Don't even get me started on all the times people wrongly state that the QB "stared down" the WR.