Todd Gurley: MAY PLAY SUNDAY

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fancents86

Starter
No. No. No. No. No. No. No.

Start Cunningham and mix Mason in. Keep Gurley off that crap ass excuse for a field in Washington. We don't need him to win this game.
I honestly believe we don't need him to win any game, he's just here to make the wins a bit easier.

A55VA6

Legend
I want Gurley to play so bad because it's exciting... but I'm still thinking it'll be week 3 vs steelers. The return of Le'Veon Bell and the debut of Todd Gurley. Perfect storyline.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
With Brian Quick being off the list last week. I can't see Gurley working his way into the lineup.

Fisher takes special teams very seriously.

From the special teams perspective Gurley is outstanding. Put that dude on kick returns and any kick that isn't five yards or more deep he's gonna take it out with a chance to go all the way. Seriously man the dude is an unbelievable returner. Activating him is simply deactivating Pead which is another plus anyway tbh.

I do agree, however, that it's unlikely Gurley is active this week, but simply because Fish wants him to be fully ready. All that aside, I really do like the idea of Todd getting 5-10 snaps in this offense along with kick return duties.

If his knee is unsound it isn't going to matter when he starts playing. If it is sound playing some snaps in this game and spelling Pead is no big deal. So I am hoping he gets activated.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't see it like that at all. What was Brian Quick going to bring against the Hawks? Bradley Marquez was a great addition to the 46.

Our offense did a very good job against a great defense. I don't see what Quick could bring winning us the game but I do see what Marquez did bring helping us win the game. (Marquez with a key block on Tavon's return and Marquez with the onside recovery)

It was a smart move by Fisher.
The blue font means sarcasm on this site lol

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Personally as much as I really want to see him play I wouldn't. Especially if Tre is good to go.

The Pitt game makes much more sense. It's at home, better turf and I think it would even get more fans in the seats.

Athos

Legend
I don't want Gurley on KR for the record. He's gonna be our lead back.

Rather try Mason there.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
Just looking at the turf during the final pre season game, it looks pretty good, I imagine they re-layed it during the off-season and it hasn't had a chance to do it usual churning yet. I'd much rather play on it now than late in the season. Quick question though, if he had played last week, would you hold him out this week due to the turf?

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I'll go on record. I'd wish, and hope that Fish is just getting him accustomed, to first team reps, which he needs....

Can't wait for him to play, because, I think, he's special.... I can wait, because of other "special " players, which, I'd wish, we'd waited a few weeks, for them to play.

Was I right, or was or vanity, or just, plain bad luck??? Nobody, can really confirm, or deny, either way.

My opinion...get him ready, but.....wait for it....and unleash him, when we are already smashing the shit out of our opponents. Demoralized? Check. Playoffs? Check....

Last edited:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Fisher when asked if he had any non-medical concerns about Gurley in the offense:
“I’m not concerned about him knowing what to do, whatsoever,” Fisher said. “He knows what to do.”
I love Fisher sometimes. Dude cracks me up.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
He is a professional athlete with some of the best doctors in the country looking at him. I'm sure he is in great health if they are talking about playing him......so why is it I am so nervous about him playing?

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
He is a professional athlete with some of the best doctors in the country looking at him. I'm sure he is in great health if they are talking about playing him......so why is it I am so nervous about him playing?

Confirmation bias.

RamzFanz

Damnit
There is ZERO chance Gurley starts against the Skins in their house. None. Will he have a carry? Maybe.

Seriously people, no way. I will bet zero chance of more than 3 carries right now for all my ROD$. 4 carries will stun me beyond reason. There is no purpose other than acclimation and that is not necessary. Mason? All day if he can go and Cunningham with TA. That's so much damn talent, no way Gurley.

I don't want him to be at zero NFL experience game 3 or 4 when he comes in, but start? No way.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Steelers and Cardinals with Mason? Sure. But perhaps easing in Gurley for Green Bay? Makes sense. Wait till the bye? Smart if Rams are winning. If the Rams need Gurley rather than wanting him before the bye, we might be in doubt more than we should be for a playoff run.

If Mason comes back, Gurley will be a backburner, occasional rotation, until game 6.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
At this point Gurley may end up playing before Mason does... Seriously if he doesn't play this week he will play in week 3.