Todd Gurley: MAY PLAY SUNDAY

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Seriously doubt it.
It's up to Reggie to determine if he's healthy enough, but I don't know that he's ready to pass-protect even if he IS healthy.
Don't be silly, that's what the oline is for

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
Terrible field or ideal, why rush the kid in against Washington? It's not a division game and no game is a gimme but we at least have a lot of favorable matchups in this one.
I really would prefer we not see him until the second half of the season if at all.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
If Mason is ready to go, there is no reason for Gurley to see the field beside from the sideline. If Mason is not ready to go just Use Bam Bam again. We used him against a better defense last Sunday anyway. I have a feeling Mason will start this Sunday. Gurley will watch from the sidelines like he should.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
SAY WHAT???? Confirmation PLEASE! He must be lookin good. Heard Gurley played Beastmode on scout Team last week to prepare the "D". He must have looked impressive. Don't tease me. Tease the skins and give their coach nightmares will do. LOL

No. No. No. No. No. No. No.

Start Cunningham and mix Mason in. Keep Gurley off that crap ass excuse for a field in Washington. We don't need him to win this game.

Holy freak. On one hand, I'd like him to play, he should be a monster and I am anxious to see it. On the other hand, I feel like it's a little early and don't want him to risk re-injury. If I was Fish, I'd keep him out at least another week, so he can play against the Steelers.

200_s.gif

Lol It's legit. Came from Jim Thomas Twitter

With Brian Quick being off the list last week. I can't see Gurley working his way into the lineup.

Fisher takes special teams very seriously.

Horrible field, as much as I want to see Gurley I'd wait another week. Worst field in the NFL.

Isn't it great to have so many weapons that the Rams can allow Gurley to get to 110% before he has to play? Last season... with the way the Rams started out he would have been in there already.
Bennie can play folks he has game and the Rams need to hang on to him. Let Gurley and Mason both rest if you ask me. Go Rams!

Hell no. That field is bad bad news for surgically repaired knees..... Any knees for that matter. It can wait.

Seriously doubt it.
It's up to Reggie to determine if he's healthy enough, but I don't know that he's ready to pass-protect even if he IS healthy.
For all yall on page one...I woulda included page two, but hey, I got excited....

View: http://www.stlouisrams.com/news-and-events/article-practicereport/Practice-Report-915-Gurley-Takes-Reps-with-Offense/bafa878c-34bb-43b2-8358-9866e7f9364f

• Practice Report 9/15: Gurley Takes Reps with Offense
      Posted 22 minutes ago

Running back Todd Gurley took another step in his progression back from his knee injury when he took practice reps with the first-team offense on Tuesday afternoon.
      It serves as one more item off the check list in the No. 10 overall pick’s recovery from tearing his ACL last year at Georgia.

“I feel good,” Gurley said Tuesday. “Just getting back used to things and getting in the flow of things.”

What’s more is that head coach Jeff Fisher said there is a possibility the running back could be playing on Sunday.

“I ruled him out in the preseason and ruled him out last week. I’m not ruling him out right now,” Fisher said. “We’ll see how he does, but this is a medical decision -- a trainer’s decision, a collective decision. But we’ll see how he does this week.”

For his part, Gurley said he’s not going to try to lobby the staff too much in order to play. Throughout the process, Gurley has maintained his willingness to be patient to get back on the field.

“It’s only Tuesday now, so we’ll have a great padded practice tomorrow,” Gurley said. “We’ll see how things go from tomorrow to Sunday.”

If the running back is called upon, Fisher is confident Gurley will do well when he’s out there. 

“I’m not concerned about him knowing what to do, whatsoever,” Fisher said. “He knows what to do.”
      “I feel very comfortable,” Gurley said. “Obviously I’m a rookie -- I still have a lot to learn. That just comes with time and getting those reps. But I definitely feel comfortable with the offense for sure.”

Because he hasn’t played in a game for about 10 months, Gurley said making sure he’s in as best game shape as possible is still part of his process.

“The game and practice are a lot different,” Gurley said. “Of course, I expect myself to push through it. But sometimes it’s going to be tiring. That just comes with just getting a feel for things and just getting those reps.”

Still, rehabbing the knee with set benchmarks and progressions has been helpful for the running back.

“That was the goal once I got drafted by the Rams,” Gurley said. “We sat down, had a conversation. They just told me what the goal was -- I was going to start camp off just doing individual and steadily working my way up.

“It’s almost that time,” Gurley continued. “It’s getting closer, so I’m excited about that.”

CHANGING THE SCHEDULE

As mentioned in yesterday’s Monday Wrap-Up, the Rams have adjusted their practice schedule to emphasize better recovery throughout the week. After Tuesday’s lighter session, the Rams will be in pads on Wednesday. Thursday will be the players’ day off, Friday will be a normal practice, and Saturday will feature a little heavier walk-through.

“I don’t ask them to get to full speed two days after, unless you have a Thursday game,” Fisher said. “We kind of recharged today and we installed. So tomorrow will be a normal Wednesday for us then Thursday’s a complete rest day for them.”

While it’s a shift for the whole team, Fisher said the players have been good with it so far.

“They loved the schedule last week,” Fisher said. “They felt fresh going into the game. Had a lot of energy at the end, so we hope it carries over.”
      “Having a Thursday off, a couple days closer to the game, it allows you to ramp up twice during the week,” linebacker James Laurinaitis said. “It’s different, but that Thursday day off -- I’m sure a lot of us will get in here and watch tape together and really find out more and more and more about Washington.”

Laurinaitis added one other consequence of the change is it forces players to quickly move on from one game to the next.

“We only had to get a lift yesterday, but everybody was in the building watching tape for next week already,” Laurinaitis said. “Guys weren’t enjoying [the win], taking two days off from watching film, relaxing and waiting until Wednesday to find out about the next team because they were celebrating. Guys were really honed in, they were watching tape, and trying to figure out more about the Redskins and really put the game to rest.”

Though Fisher has decades of coaching experience in the NFL, he said that fact doesn’t prevent him from implementing beneficial changes.

“We’re always trying to do things differently,” Fisher said. “I considered it last year and it just didn’t really fit with the staff. So I gave them the heads up during the offseason -- this is probably the direction we’re going to go.”

“We’ve adjusted and everybody’s fine,” Fisher added. “You get to get caught up on Thursday. You do some things early in the week that you ordinarily would do late in the week, but you still repeatedly cover them on Saturday. So, we’re just kind of moving things around a little bit.”

jjab360

Legend
Seriously doubt it.
I don't know X, Gurley was a great pass blocker in college, he's definitely no Tre Mason in that regard.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'm not talking about his technique. It's recognizing stunts and delayed blitzes. Stuff like that.
Plus, he hasn't participated in any pass blocking drills with the Rams until about last week.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
On a side note...

Every hot babe or cute little girl in The Lou who was into her Ram fashion,,, had on a Gurley jersey this weekend. The ladies love him!

It was cool to see really... saw a bunch of them too.

If ED2105 likes him some Gurley ... I'm ready to see him NOWWWWWWWW !

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
On a side note...

Every hot babe or cute little girl in The Lou who was into her Ram fashion,,, had on a Gurley jersey this weekend. The ladies love him!

It was cool to see really... saw a bunch of them too.

If ED2105 likes him some Gurley ... I'm ready to see him NOWWWWWWWW !

You know cute girls, gotta have that new shit. High maintenance, stay away!

…..

Legend
Fisher is just trying force Gruden's defense to spend valuable time watching some old Georgia tape

Last edited:

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Lmao no time for offense on this roster. That's not fisher ball

I don't see it like that at all. What was Brian Quick going to bring against the Hawks? Bradley Marquez was a great addition to the 46.

Our offense did a very good job against a great defense. I don't see what Quick could bring winning us the game but I do see what Marquez did bring helping us win the game. (Marquez with a key block on Tavon's return and Marquez with the onside recovery)

It was a smart move by Fisher.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I give it about a 5% chance.

I think Fisher is just building Todd's mindset for game action.

His preseason carries will be Pitt, earliest.

Spider2YB

Pro Bowler
"I'm not concerned with him knowing what to do, whatsoever. He knows what to do"

Fisher was pretty emphatic with that statement RE Gurleys knowledge of the system and playbook.

Fisher loves trolling the Redskins, so I don't know if he's actually gonna play or not. If you watch the interview with Fisher, he has a smirk on his face basically the whole time talking about Gurley. I don't know if that smirk is more along the lines of "I'm just f'n with Washington" or "holy mother, wait til you guys see him out there on Sunday

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
While I would like to see Gurley get some work in before we face some Ds like Pitt and Az.I wouldn't want him risking injury on a subpar field like Fed ex.So I f they did have to play him it should be a feeling out process only maybe 8-12 touches.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
I give it about a 5% chance.

I think Fisher is just building Todd's mindset for game action.

His preseason carries will be Pitt, earliest.

You just nailed it again CGI ... its Fishers way of lighting a new kind of fire for Gurley. This is some of the best stuff having Fisher around as HC when things are going right. Fisher knows exactly what he wants to see and what level he must see to release Gurley on the NFL. I want Mason totally ready too. Hammy's are serious stuff and can last a season with an athlete like Mason. This skins defense is not that bad and who they faced last week in Lamar Miller for the phins I don't want to knock as he is built just like Benny Cunningham is. They only allowed 1 TD that was'nt a punt return. We will have to be a step better than last week playing on anothers home field. Don't care we punked them last season. It was another QB at the helm on both sides. Glad the team quit celebrating the shehags and started studying the very different skins. Lots of ties and some stink between coaches and staffs. Williams thought he should have been made HC for skins and was passed over. He is highly motivated to lead our "D" to dominance again.