Titans snagging LaFleur

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Seriously a 1 year stint with a good coaching staff now its unknown if these other guys could fill those shoes year 2. I would of liked to retain Olson or LaFleur a bit longer, can't be willy-nilly with the help its bad for business in the long run and could possibly be a red flag about McVays characteristics. Seemed like Olson and LaFleur took off likes bats outta hell...I hope we can retain what we showed last season aslong as we got Wade.

I am not sure w h at you mean exactly about a bat out of hell. Are you thinking they may not have liked working under McVay? I guess it is possible that a driven guy like that could be hard to work under from a control standpoint, but I think that McVay is just like most coaches in that regard. Most assistants have higher aspirations. Being able to call the offensive plays is usually desired by any offensive coordinator. They couldn't do it with the Rams. I am surprised by the departure of LaFleur with his limited experience, but not with Olsen leaving. Olsen is an accomplished OC. This job was just a stopover for him. Other than former head coaches that flopped, like Linehan, and realized and accepted that they are much better as coordinators, most assistants want the big gig. Moving up is part of the game.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am not sure w h at you mean exactly about a bat out of hell. Are you thinking they may not have liked working under McVay?

That is a possibility... but I really hope that is not the case!

If it were, it could have impacts for years ahead.