Titans snagging LaFleur

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Name
Seth Griffith
??? Would this be a move so that he could call his own plays? Leaving from OC to be another OC without being fired??

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Bad move by Lafleur, IMO. Should have taken the next year or so and studied Sean McVay. He will struggle calling plays for the first time.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
What In the hell? It has to be so he can call plays. He made a mistake. McVay did the work he is getting credit for. Oh well. Next man up.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I'm assuming it comes with the additional title of "Assistant Head Coach" to get around it being a purely lateral move.

Actually that does not matter anymore the supervisory tag, teams must grant permission and I'm assuming LaFleur went to McVay and told him he wanted to go there to call plays and McVay is all about giving opportunities. My guess, Jedd Fische will be the new OC.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It’s the same title - but playcallkng makes it a promotion and we all know it.

Let the McVay tree begin to grow.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Again Gentlemen if an Assistant Coach is under contract, he cannot move to another team unless that teams grants permission, even if you are an offensive assistant and have a shot to be an OC, if the team that your under contract with denies permission, you don't get the job.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
It’s the same title - but playcallkng makes it a promotion and we all know it.

Let the McVay tree begin to grow.

Patriots win 100 Super Bowls and keep their coordinators forever, but one good year and the Rams lose theirs.....Would have liked to keep LaFleur one more year, but I get it and that is why teams interview guys like LaFleur, to gauge their interested in being part of the next staff...Titans lost out on Ryan Day, who stayed at Ohio State, nice recovery.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What In the hell? It has to be so he can call plays. He made a mistake. McVay did the work he is getting credit for. Oh well. Next man up.

Bad move by Lafleur, IMO. Should have taken the next year or so and studied Sean McVay. He will struggle calling plays for the first time.
Sounds exactly like what some people said about Sean Mcvay lol

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Well, this blows.. I’m most disappointed in Goff losing Lafleur, and I do agree this is probably a bit too early for him to leave, but good luck to the guy!

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Also, anyone else concerned our boy Goff losing both Olson and LaFleur in one off-season just after his first succsseful season?!!! Ehhh would’ve loved to have retained one or both.

CanadaRam

No guts, No glory.
Name
Andrew
Also, anyone else concerned our boy Goff losing both Olson and LaFleur in one off-season just after his first succsseful season?!!! Ehhh would’ve loved to have retained one or both.
This has been my one worry.
McVay seems confident. They must have confidence in Zac Taylor.

CanadaRam

No guts, No glory.
Name
Andrew
Clear that McVay does not want to give up play calling (even a year from now).
This is a good thing IMO.
If McVay felt he needed LaFleur for another year, they would have found a way.