Tim Barnes named starting Center/Wags

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
No worries, he'll warm you up. A voice, not on your level of course, who is, but soothing and supportive, he's laid back and a listener...

...OMG, dude, this might be your perfect counterpart!

I kid you not, and he may hate that I'm saying this, but his voice, knowledge, and demeanor are perfect for a podcast.

Prolly should ask coach first but, yea. I will second that emotion. That would be good.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I meant OTAs.
That's just it. It was only because it was the ROOKIE orientation and they had no other centers available.

Fisher dressed this soon after when the full squad OTAs started. He emphatically said the Wichmann was NOT being considered as an eventual Center.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
That's just it. It was only because it was the ROOKIE orientation and they had no other centers available.

Fisher dressed this soon after when the full squad OTAs started. He emphatically said the Wichmann was NOT being considered as an eventual Center.
I'm sure he's not slated as a starter, or even a backup. I'm just saying that it wouldn't be a bad thing if he was getting reps or studying film to fill in if need be down the road in a doomsday scenario. Rhaney spent a good deal of time studying the guard position according to Boudreau, and he's not a natural guard. Played a little in college, but is technically a full-time starting center. And Rhaney is no threat to either Saffold or Brown, but if he's getting some experience at it, it will be a smoother transition into the position if they need another guard.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm sure he's not slated as a starter, or even a backup. I'm just saying that it wouldn't be a bad thing if he was getting reps or studying film to fill in if need be down the road in a doomsday scenario. Rhaney spent a good deal of time studying the guard position according to Boudreau, and he's not a natural guard. Played a little in college, but is technically a full-time starting center. And Rhaney is no threat to either Saffold or Brown, but if he's getting some experience at it, it will be a smoother transition into the position if they need another guard.
I get your point. And in theory ok.

But it's not gonna happen.

And as far as Rhaney, he actually had more experience at Guard in college than at Center. He is still very raw at the position. So him being given reps at guard is
much more of a natural thing than thinking Wichmann to get any meaningful reps at center. Practice or otherwise.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Come on boys. We're all friends here. Can we cut out the shots at each other? Everyone is entitled to an opinion. Telling someone that their opinion is wrong, isn't cool. What would a forum be without people sharing their opinions?