Tim Barnes getting cut

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Zero

Pro Bowler
Not sure which game it was,but I will never forget this play from last year.
There was a LB (or B in the picture),lined up in the left guards inside gap and then a
DL lined up outside shade of our RG.

I do not know whose responsibility it was to pick up the LB.I just remember watching
Barnes block right and the left guard blocking left. I'm not saying it was Barnes fault.
I just remember thinking,how in the hell,at the NFL level does this happen.
Just kept saying wtf over and over,while shaking my head.LOL

Screenshot_1.png

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Not sure which game it was,but I will never forget this play from last year.
There was a LB (or B in the picture),lined up in the left guards inside gap and then a
DL lined up outside shade of our RG.

I do not know whose responsibility it was to pick up the LB.I just remember watching
Barnes block right and the left guard blocking left. I'm not saying it was Barnes fault.
I just remember thinking,how in the hell,at the NFL level does this happen.
Just kept saying wtf over and over,while shaking my head.LOL

View attachment 18913

I'd say Harkey wasn't in the play or our RB whiffed on the block.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
Hope they do have a deal,however I think there are some pretty good
prospects to be had in the 3rd and possibly 4th.

I love you guys. Besides being so freakin funny , your pretty smart too. It's really fun talkin RAMS with all of you guys. We seem to be ahead of the curve most of the time too. We are back on the rise from the ashes of last season. Fixing our OL was #1 on the list to jumpstart the HEART of this team ,even if it slows down the rebuild and change to 3-4 on Defense. We had to protect that skinny kid from Cal. bears if we wanna thrive and make this work. Plus GurleyII needs some real holes it seems to be sucessfull. They say Whitworth only practices 1 day a week at his age. I hope that works out for us as well. Get the Mountain ready. McVay /Snead bring this together guys. Were just along for the ride.:yess:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
What if the fail safe is simply "anyone but Barnes" ?

They're gonna draft one I'm sure. Also might move someone like Wichmann--who probably won't have a chance at OG--over to Center and let him compete in camp. And of course Rhaney.

And yeah, the draftee will have it locked down in a week in camp too probably lol.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Like @flv stated Rams are probably already at the cap limit & can not go for a big $$ UFA @ center.If you want a very smart & big & strong veteran OL'er to plug in off your roster might as well go talk to the 6-5 332 pound Rodger Saffold. He has started @ the other four OL positions the last 7 seasons. Rodger is about as savy as they come. He is making over 6 million already.

Rams have invested a 3rd round 2015 selection in a left OG named Jamon Brown. At RG they have a large 6-6/320 pound improving 2015 4th rd pick named Andrew Donnal who started the last five games last season & held up well. They Also have a 3rd yr ORG in a 6-6-320 pound Cody Wichmann too. Then there's GRob flipped to the right side.So the OG's could stand to loose Saffold if he was needed inside @ center. Saffold has never been injured playing center. Saffold can easily make all the line calls.

Snead could get a center like Jon Toth easy with our 4th #112 selection or Kyle Fuller with the 5th rd #149 selection. Saffold may stay healthy for a long period of time enough till the rookie is close to ready.

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Like @flv stated Rams are probably already at the cap limit & can not go for a big $$ UFA @ center.If you want a very smart & big & strong veteran OL'er to plug in off your roster might as well go talk to the 6-5 332 pound Rodger Saffold. He has started @ the other four OL positions the last 7 seasons. Rodger is about as savy as they come. He is making over 6 million already.

Rams have invested a 3rd round 2015 selection in a left OG named Jamon Brown. At RG they have a large 6-6/320 pound improving 2015 4th rd pick named Andrew Donnal who started the last five games last season & held up well. They Also have a 3rd yr ORG in a 6-6-320 pound Cody Wichmann too. Then there's GRob flipped to the right side.So the OG's could stand to loose Saffold if he was needed inside @ center. Saffold has never been injured playing center. Saffold can easily make all the line calls.

Snead could get a center like Jon Toth easy with our 4th #112 selection or Kyle Fuller with the 5th rd #149 selection. Saffold may stay healthy for a long period of time enough till the rookie is close to ready.
WOW

The Saffold love affair reaches new heights! Saffold the Center!

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

Give poor Saffold a break. The guy has already played 4 positions on the OL, now you want him to start at a position he has never played before ? Give Saffold an entire season at one position and he'll own it, no more being jacked around. Give him LG and be done with it, I imagine it will be his final season with the Rams anyway unless he has a pro-bowl type season. Bring in a guy like Wisniewski who can start at Center now and move over to LG when Saffold is gone, draft a Center like Elflein this year as back-up and can take over the position in 2018.

LT - Whitworth, D.Williams, Saffold, Robinson
LG - Saffold, Wichmann, Brown
C - Wisniewski, Elflein, Wichmann
RG - Robinson, Brown
RT - Havenstein, Donnal

jmo.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
They could also save 6 mil by just cutting Saffold and signing a REAL center Bonifay. I'd rather they do that than try him at c

Bruce2980

Starter
I like that this staff is identifying weak links the this board has been talking about for a while. That's half the equation in building a solid roster. Great start to The McSnead era IMO.
Fisher would still be the Rams HC if he would have read comments from this board and applied them.

Bruce2980

Starter
Whoot!! Best free agent move so far!!!!
:yess::yay::rimshot::neener::yay:

Notice the lack of blue font.
But I'm going to miss Barnes, it's not very often one gets to watch a center in the NFL get pushed around like he is wearing roller skates on Sundays.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Give poor Saffold a break. The guy has already played 4 positions on the OL, now you want him to start at a position he has never played before ? Give Saffold an entire season at one position and he'll own it, no more being jacked around. Give him LG and be done with it, I imagine it will be his final season with the Rams anyway unless he has a pro-bowl type season. Bring in a guy like Wisniewski who can start at Center now and move over to LG when Saffold is gone, draft a Center like Elflein this year as back-up and can take over the position in 2018.

LT - Whitworth, D.Williams, Saffold, Robinson
LG - Saffold, Wichmann, Brown
C - Wisniewski, Elflein, Wichmann
RG - Robinson, Brown
RT - Havenstein, Donnal

jmo.
You sure you want to use "give Saffold a break" in the same sentence ? He may be already heading for the hospital.
Can't sign a Steve Wisniewski money chaser if your at the cap limit. I don't think that Kromer has ever started a 300 to 305 pound OL'er @ OG.