Tim Barnes getting cut

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
I'm honestly not worried about it. He got zero done in the run game and wasn't the best at pass pro. A rookie would outplay him anyway. I would much rather have Kelce and a pick

CanadaRam

No guts, No glory.
Name
Andrew
They need an upgrade at C. Worst case they can get someone just as good (I mean of the same mediocre quality) at half that.

TexasRam

Legend
Before free agency:

Coach: OK, Goff. Tell me Three things you want to see changed on offense.

Goff:
1. I can't play QB with my blindside unprotected.

2. I need a WR who can actually hold on the dam football.

3. I need to be able to set my feet before a guy is tackling me. So a new center.

Coach: How Does Whitworth, Woods and Mangold sound as stop gaps.

Goff: Excellent.

Coach: consider it done.

Zero

Pro Bowler
media-5635599855650554747-leapoffaith_2x1_1385053328534_640_320.jpg

Addition by subtraction.Turnstile Barnes has left the building.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
It has to be a FA pick up - I can't see us cutting unless we had an upgrade in the pipeline.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
How about Joe Hawley? He's still got something left and he'd be another veteran voice the team has been lacking.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Anyone know the cap savings offhand?

Never mind, 2.6 million.

Zero

Pro Bowler
It has to be a FA pick up - I can't see us cutting unless we had an upgrade in the pipeline.
Disagree.An improvement can be found in the draft as well.
Not discounting, one may be in the pipeline,but upgrading from Barnes
is easily done.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Center from Ohio state who's name slips my mind at the moment would be a great get in third round.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Best of luck to Mr Barnes going forward. Most of us saw this coming with the talented draft. Watch for Ryan Gory.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
:sadwalk:

I suspect that the Org is looking & scrapping around looking for some 2017 cap funds. Player like DE Eugene Sims (3.mil), OL Rodger Saffold (4.2 mil.) & Lance Kendricks (over 4.2 mil) could follow Tim Barnes & his 3 mil or even the over 9 million of a Robert Quinn..

Last edited:

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Damn. Gotta bring in someone. Can't just hope a rookie falls to us we love. Either way, we can't go into the season with Rhaney backing up a rookie.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
I like that this staff is identifying weak links the this board has been talking about for a while. That's half the equation in building a solid roster. Great start to The McSnead era IMO.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I like that this staff is identifying weak links the this board has been talking about for a while. That's half the equation in building a solid roster. Great start to The McSnead era IMO.
Agreed!

Afro Ram

Pro Bowler
Whoot!! Best free agent move so far!!!!
:yess::yay::rimshot::neener::yay:

Notice the lack of blue font.

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
Thats good news. Im fully aware that people on this board were big fans of Barnes esp because of the road he's had to being a starting center for our team. But bottomline, he routinely gets pushed around. Hes not an NFL caliber STARTING center.