The ROD Mods will need riot gear if the Rams use the #19 pick to select…

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
This disappoints me.

I'm going to try and get some additional 411 on his guess here. He lives right here in O-Town and one of my sons is over at his house all the time. My son and Charles' son are good friends. Usually he puts in real effort on his work... AND... he actually uses ROD as one of his favorite sources for Ram insight. No shit.

Here's a pic of my son with Davis...

View attachment 65017
There is a certain logic to the pick, if we’re looking at, say…2026. If Penix were to have a couple of years to learn the system and get further past the injuries he suffered in college, he could eventually be a good successor to Stafford.

But, given how close we are to contending, coupled with clear holes to fill on the defense, I just don’t see us making a “future pick” at No. 19.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
The incredibly talented HOFer Chuck Bednarik played and started at both LB and Center.

An All American from the University of Pennsylvania (The Quakers) he was the first overall pick of the 1949 draft

As a full time player who never left the field he also performed the long snapping duties for the Philadelphia Eagles.

So, yep, it has happened before!!

~ArkyRamsFan~
He was drafted because he was an outstanding linebacker, not be he was a long snapper.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Oh, I see what has happened now. This is your son that isn’t a Rams fan right? I’m thinking he has talked Chuck into punking the Selassie Rams contingent!

You have to claim him though. He’s looking just like you now.

Yep... he's my only son who isn't a Ram... he's the dolt lover. You met him years ago.

I text him about this foolishness. He's working now, but he is going to reach out to Charles and find out what in the world he was thinking.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
There is a certain logic to the pick, if we’re looking at, say…2026. If Penix were to have a couple of years to learn the system and get further past the injuries he suffered in college, he could eventually be a good successor to Stafford.

But, given how close we are to contending, coupled with clear holes to fill on the defense, I just don’t see us making a “future pick” at No. 19.

My son told me that Charles had us taking Verse in his 1st mock draft. Apparently this is an updated mock.

Hopefully I'll have something funny to share later.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I rest my case!!

~ArkyRamsFan~
Wake Up What GIF by Laff

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We don't know what (if anything) Stafford told McVay. Maybe the timer for Stafford is ticking, and they want somebody to develop for a year or two.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
OK... my son spoke to Davis about this mock pick of his for us.

Davis said "he threw him (Nix) in our #19 pick because he knew it would make people livid... and he actually believes he is gonna be the next Drew Brees. Nix is Charles' favorite QB in this whole draft.

So... he did it a little for click bait and he really is a serious Nix fan.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

Davis said "he threw him (Nix) in our #19 pick because he knew it would make people livid... and he actually believes he is gonna be the next Drew Brees. Nix is Charles' favorite QB in this whole draft.

I do fear that Nix is the QB Rams could like the best. One reason Auburn as GM Les Snead is an alum and have a feeling, Nix is McVay's type of QB. That being posted I don't foresee the Rams drafting a QB in the first round, until the spring of 2026.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Interesting. So…if we take Nix and this site burns to the ground, will he be prosecuted? :explode1:

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Fright has now entered my draft karma. I actually like Bo Nix but …………:emergency::emergency::shock::oops::angry4::angry::hot::cold::bomb::scream:

Tano

Legend
I think I will scream at the Rams if they get Penix

He is going to take some work to get his throwing motion in place and will be useless for 2024.

We need someone on defense or even a great WR if one falls to us before we get a QB like Penix

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I have greatly enjoyed reading and watching (national and local media, and this Forum) comments, analysis and opinions about Michael Penix this season and off-season. Figure it will continue to be entertaining for the next four weeks until the Draft.

It's fun to discuss, analyze and debate the talent and potential of future NFL QBs, and one with the history of Penix (on-field play and injuries) is so interesting because the opinions are ALL-OVER-THE-PLACE.

Watching where Penix gets drafted, and how he develops should be fun.

Personally, and I posted this during the college season, I love the way he throws the ball ... from his release, to arm strength and especially, his accuracy. From what I can gleam (always difficult to tell) there's intelligence, maturity, leadership and the all-important motivation to succeed.

The injury history is a major concern.

I think Michael Penix gets drafted in Round One; and, in a good situation (coaching, talent around him and some patience) he will be a quality NFL starting-QB. However, I don't want him for the Rams simply because I would like the 19th pick to be used in a way to help the 2024 Los Angeles Rams.

I like Penix! ... I am a little uncomfortable typing that. And, a little disappointed in myself for feeling that way.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
I have greatly enjoyed reading and watching (national and local media, and this Forum) comments, analysis and opinions about Michael Penix this season and off-season. Figure it will continue to be entertaining for the next four weeks until the Draft.

It's fun to discuss, analyze and debate the talent and potential of future NFL QBs, and one with the history of Penix (on-field play and injuries) is so interesting because the opinions are ALL-OVER-THE-PLACE.

Watching where Penix gets drafted, and how he develops should be fun.

Personally, and I posted this during the college season, I love the way he throws the ball ... from his release, to arm strength and especially, his accuracy. From what I can gleam (always difficult to tell) there's intelligence, maturity, leadership and the all-important motivation to succeed.

The injury history is a major concern.

I think Michael Penix gets drafted in Round One; and, in a good situation (coaching, talent around him and some patience) he will be a quality NFL starting-QB. However, I don't want him for the Rams simply because I would like the 19th pick to be used in a way to help the 2024 Los Angeles Rams.

I like Penix! ... I am a little uncomfortable typing that. And, a little disappointed in myself for feeling that way.
LOL!!

I agree. Take out the injury history and he's a top 3 pick. Like you said, he throws a pretty ball, is accurate, intelligent and a mature leader. Plus he navigates the pocket pretty well. The shiney stars are Caleb, Daniels, Maye and McCarthy but sans the injuries, I'd rank him right up there with them. Of course if any of those 4 get injured, it puts them in the same or lower catagory than Penix (except Caleb) , IMHO.