The ROD Mods will need riot gear if the Rams use the #19 pick to select…

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
QB obviously. If one of the best ones falls to 19 somehow, we should trade down.

I'd be fine if we found a great LT there, even if he ended up sitting for the year.
ooh no doubt -- Penix would be awesome trade bait.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
I believe that Sean McVay is trying to build an elite, dominant offense, and may be willing to go with a largely young, no-name, defensive squad to accomplish that goal.
You mean like that defensive squad of youngsters in 2023....who were going to be close to the bottom of the league.....but ended up ranked about the same as that Big Name Defense of 2022? :laugh4:

What I think I think is, no position is really off the table. Not with McVay. Except maybe DB's choice, PK (and I'd add P and LS)!

jjab360

Legend
I'd actually be fine with a QB looking ahead to the future we might not have another chance. Not my preferred choice and I doubt we go there though.

Xavier Worthy is the one that has me worried looking at Snead's draft history, let's not go for the fool's gold please.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’m starting to think that the answer is “any offensive player.”

Don’t kid yourself, though… it could DEFINITELY happen.

I believe that Sean McVay is trying to build an elite, dominant offense, and may be willing to go with a largely young, no-name, defensive squad to accomplish that goal.

So… if there is a top WR, OT, or even a certain TE from Georgia on the board at #19, many fans may find the Rams’ pick… in a word…OFFENSIVE!
MOVE UP for ALT! ~ AvengerRam and Me!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Oh lord there are so many answers to this. But I still say if it's not and edge or dt that will cause the biggest uproar. Then to go further if those 2 aren't picked in the first or second ond Roy ss we'll see some arm chair GMs start to question the intelligence of McSnead.
"Well, his Wunderlich scores were rather subpar" ~ @Allen2McVay

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
"Well, his Wunderlich scores were rather subpar" ~ @Allen2McVay
1711575776256.png

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Exactly.

While the defence definitely needs an injection of young blood, there’s a good chance that we draft an offensive player in April.

The question is where do we draw the line? Assuming none of the top three QBs slides to nineteen, I would only take one of the top three WR (fat chance), Bowers (highly unlikely), Alt (no chance) or Fashanu. The last-named is the only one with any chance of reaching nineteen, but that is unlikely.

Any other offensive player at nineteen would not be as good as the defensive players likely to be available there.
Am I the only one that has real concerns about Fashanu and his bad run blocking? He could someday be a great LT, but I don't think he will be as a rookie. Personally, I'd be ticked with any OL in the 1st outside of Alt for the Rams. He is a sure fire STUD LT.
At 19, the board would riot with a QB.

It would also riot with a trade up for an offensive player.

Whether they trade up or stand pat, I think it's likely they take an offensive player with their first pick.
The only offensive players I'd be happy with picked at 19 is: Williams, Maye, Daniels, MHJ, Nabors, Oduze, Alt, Bowers (lessor so, but I'd understand it). Thats it.

I'd also hate any trade up. There is no way a high level defender does not drop to us at 19.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
You mean like that defensive squad of youngsters in 2023....who were going to be close to the bottom of the league.....but ended up ranked about the same as that Big Name Defense of 2022? :laugh4:
Well, yeah…minus a certain DT.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Am I the only one that has real concerns about Fashanu and his bad run blocking? He could someday be a great LT, but I don't think he will be as a rookie. Personally, I'd be ticked with any OL in the 1st outside of Alt for the Rams. He is a sure fire STUD LT.

The only offensive players I'd be happy with picked at 19 is: Williams, Maye, Daniels, MHJ, Nabors, Oduze, Alt, Bowers (lessor so, but I'd understand it). Thats it.

I'd also hate any trade up. There is no way a high level defender does not drop to us at 19.
Fashanu concerns me. But I'd be fine with Fautanu.

As for the rest of your list, methinks we really need to watch out for this kid.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFteC7APDzo&t=3s

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fashanu concerns me. But I'd be fine with Fautanu.

As for the rest of your list, methinks we really need to watch out for this kid.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFteC7APDzo&t=3s

I agree. I'm looking forward to seeing if he develops (on another team :). I'm willing to risk missing out on him at 19. IMO, he is still a developmental WR, I don't think we have the luxury of making a pick that like this year if we are serious about winning another ring. I do like the player, just not for us this draft IMO.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I agree. I'm looking forward to seeing if he develops (on another team :). I'm willing to risk missing out on him at 19. IMO, he is still a developmental WR, I don't think we have the luxury of making a pick that like this year if we are serious about winning another ring. I do like the player, just not for us this draft IMO.
After the veteran CB signings, IF the team believes that Kobie Turner would be best at Donald's spot and IF EDGEs Latu, Turner, & Verse are all off the board at #19 and IF Bowers or Fautanu doesn't fall into their laps, A.D. Mitchell might very well be the first selection. Whether that be at #19 or via a trade down.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Mitchell looks like a freaking beast. He is going to do well wherever he goes.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
After the veteran CB signings, IF the team believes that Kobie Turner would be best at Donald's spot and IF EDGEs Latu, Turner, & Verse are all off the board at #19 and IF Bowers or Fautanu doesn't fall into their laps, A.D. Mitchell might very well be the first selection. Whether that be at #19 or via a trade down.
It certainly could be the pick, but so could McConkey or Thomas Jr. It would sting MUCH less if a trade down occurred prior. It would hurt me badly if no trade down and WR picked at 19 straight up (top 3 obviously not counting).

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I suspect we're gonna see Edge at the top and then WR round 2. DT will come round 3 and maybe another one after that.

My rationale is it feels like Edge has a good chance to be there. And WR looks pretty close to the same value from late round 1 into round 2 where our pick is.

If Edge isn't there then they probably drop a bit and take DT to get it over with, as value should be there. Probably still go WR in round 2 for the above reasons then take a shot on a dev type Edge or two like they did last year.

Of course the Rams will probably go LT, WR, K or some shit like that with their first three picks just because. :laugh3:

Memphis Ram

Legend
I suspect we're gonna see Edge at the top and then WR round 2. DT will come round 3 and maybe another one after that.

My rationale is it feels like Edge has a good chance to be there. And WR looks pretty close to the same value from late round 1 into round 2 where our pick is.

If Edge isn't there then they probably drop a bit and take DT to get it over with, as value should be there. Probably still go WR in round 2 for the above reasons then take a shot on a dev type Edge or two like they did last year.

Of course the Rams will probably go LT, WR, K or some shit like that with their first three picks just because. :laugh3:

IMO, one of the so-called top three EDGEs being on the board at #19 depends upon Latu's medicals and what the Bears & Falcons do. They both could easily take EDGEs at #8 & #9 and leave one of the big three left to fall 10 spots. And that's if another team doesn't trade up ahead of the Rams to nab him.

Of course, the Rams could be very high on Chop Robinson and be fine in that case. Or they could even see the run and take Braswell and listen to shock filled reaction of the announcers and fans.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Fautanu is a LT but has he also been considered a G too? I know he tore up the combine.
Yes. I think he's an option because of his talents and the need to probably get another rookie contract on that OLine to offset the veterans.