The ROD Mods will need riot gear if the Rams use the #19 pick to select…

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
I’m starting to think that the answer is “any offensive player.”

Don’t kid yourself, though… it could DEFINITELY happen.

I believe that Sean McVay is trying to build an elite, dominant offense, and may be willing to go with a largely young, no-name, defensive squad to accomplish that goal.

So… if there is a top WR, OT, or even a certain TE from Georgia on the board at #19, many fans may find the Rams’ pick… in a word…OFFENSIVE!

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
Exactly.

While the defence definitely needs an injection of young blood, there’s a good chance that we draft an offensive player in April.

The question is where do we draw the line? Assuming none of the top three QBs slides to nineteen, I would only take one of the top three WR (fat chance), Bowers (highly unlikely), Alt (no chance) or Fashanu. The last-named is the only one with any chance of reaching nineteen, but that is unlikely.

Any other offensive player at nineteen would not be as good as the defensive players likely to be available there.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
An offensive tackle from Auburn who’s skill set includes memorizing rap lyrics and muling.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Offensive line or quarterback. I'd be highly disappointed if it was a wide receiver (I'm not the biggest Brian Thomas Jr. fan or Troy Franklin fan.), but if someone like Odunze or Nabors fell, I couldn't fault them for taking them. Same with Brock Bowers. But I want interior D-line help (particularly Newton) or an elite edge rusher (Latu, Verse). Even if we picked a corner, if it were Quinyon Mitchell somehow falling, you don't hesitate.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
Somebody was mocking Penix to the Rams at #19.

That feels riot-worthy...

angry pitchfork GIF by South Park

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M
At 19, the board would riot with a QB.

It would also riot with a trade up for an offensive player.

Whether they trade up or stand pat, I think it's likely they take an offensive player with their first pick.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Oh lord there are so many answers to this. But I still say if it's not and edge or dt that will cause the biggest uproar. Then to go further if those 2 aren't picked in the first or second ond Roy ss we'll see some arm chair GMs start to question the intelligence of McSnead.

Tano

Legend
I am good with anyone really except for any QB below the top 3.

A QB at 19 would be horrible for this year. We need defense but I could handle a WR or OT at 19 too as long as the WR isn't 5-8 and 170 lbs or smaller. Tired of using high picks on these guys who only become gadget players.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Shit... we needed Riot Gear on just 30 minutes after we beat the bungles in the Super Bowl.

We stay strapped basically 24/7.

Oregonram

OregonRam
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There will be a riot if the Rams do not pick anyone that this board considers to be the best...fill in any position here...and we go and draft someone like Puka Nacua...Puka Who.?..none of the "experts" said anything about him...why are we picking him?!!! The last few years our first pick is always....WHO????? May happen again this year, so no rioting for me....just a nice peaceful breezy day on the beach for me...The leadership has earned my trust.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
I'd think QB would be high on list lol. I wouldn't hate it though.

View: https://x.com/PatMcAfeeShow/status/1772713752787374191?s=20

I think there will be a run on QB's. There's SOO many teams who really need new blood.
But, I wouldn't hate it... I think it's a smart idea. ANYONE to keep Grabmypole off the field.
He could sit behind both him & Staff, and "watch and learn". Or, Staff retires at the end of this season & EVERYONE will know we're going QB in the draft, unless due to some miracle, we get another F/A QB at Staff's level to join the team.
Heck if he learns fast enough, I'd be tickled pink.... if JG gets cut.

....but to the OP, I'll actually get mad if we draft a TE. or an OG.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
QB obviously. If one of the best ones falls to 19 somehow, we should trade down.

I'd be fine if we found a great LT there, even if he ended up sitting for the year.