The positives thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WvuIN02

Starter
If it gets us to the playoffs, I'm good with that. That's the most important thing to me. Even if we only win a cripple race, we need to get into the playoffs.
We'll see, the jury is still out on a lot of things because the Colts game was not the same as playing them with Luck. We'll see how the offense shakes out after a few more weeks.

This offense better get its ass in gear asap though, today was not good enough. Have Seattle, SF (whose defense looks very much improved, Minn, Jax, and the Giants coming up which are all good defenses.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We'll see, the jury is still out on a lot of things because the Colts game was not the same as playing them with Luck. We'll see how the offense shakes out after a few more weeks.

This offense better get its ass in gear asap though, today was not good enough. Have Seattle, SF (whose defense looks very much improved, Minn, Jax, and the Giants coming up which are all good defenses.

Luckily for us, thus far, none of them can play offense.(except Minny)

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Despite the loss, plenty of positives.

- Didn't quite as a team when they fell behind, fought back from a 13-0 deficit and a 20-10 deficit to bring the game to a tie in the 4th. The Fisher/Spags Rams would have been finished once down by 13-0.

- Todd Gurley in the running game started to look more like the Todd Gurley we got in 2015 and waited for all last year. Had the defense been able to give us more time of possession, I think he probably would have broke the 100-yard barrier. The Rams just didn't have the ball enough to get him the carries today.

- Todd Gurley in the passing game is starting to get me very hot and bothered in a football sense. He's showing that he can be very effective as a receiver. That caused problems for the Redskins defense today, and will cause more problems for others down the road.

- To add to the "Todd Gurley in the running game" point above, our run blocking improved noticeably from week 1.

- Gerald Everett is going to be a stud. He's not all that he will be yet, but you can tell he's making great progress, and he is already looking much better than rookie tight ends should be allowed to. I like Higbee, but it's pretty easy to see why so many thought Everett would surpass him - and their prediction is already coming true.

- Kupp didn't have a huge game, but he still made a couple of great catches. And while I don't want Goff to become such an easy read for the D as he did on the game-sealing pick, it's understandable why he was wanting to go Kupp's way. Telling also.

- Goff didn't have a great game, but it was by no means a terrible game either. Over 9 yards per attempt after a game of 10 yards per attempt last week. There were some great throws too, and the big gainer to Everett came on a broken play where he bought time. And while I can't include the pick as a positive, I am confident that he will learn from that mistake - and McVay and the offensive staff will make sure of that.

- After last season, it's notable that I just posted a number of bullet points about positives on offense. We are much, much better on offense ... and we still haven't seen their best yet.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
- Todd Gurley in the passing game is starting to get me very hot and bothered in a football sense. He's showing that he can be very effective as a receiver. That caused problems for the Redskins defense today, and will cause more problems for others down the road.

McVay is doing a lot of scheming to get Gurley in space. It's working well. He's also looking to take some shots to Gurley on a wheel route. I have a feeling we'll see one of those go for a big play in the next few weeks. Gurley can still absolutely fly. He was leaving Zach Brown (4.4 40) in the dust today.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Disappointing results - would have loved to be 3-0 after we dismantle SF

I liked that we were still in the game up until the end

2-1 will ease the pain come thursday

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I'm 2-0 in the ROD Fantasy League.
Also got a wife-hummer at half-time.
(you didn't specify which kind of positives)

My team scored 125 points this week.

And LOST...by ONE point.

Oh positives....check out Andrew Whitworth's post game presser:

SF in for a whole lotta hurt.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

And LOST...by ONE point.

Make the Niners pay, Whit. I'm down for that gameplan.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Whitworth saying exactly what we Rams fans want to hear! Love having him as a team leader.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
We were never gonna go 16-0 and even in this loss you can see that this is a better team than last year.

The OL looked good. I thought Goff did a good job of evading pressure in the pocket and made good decisions, throwing the ball away or rushing for positive yards when needed. He'll be fine.

Gurley played his best game since his rookie year. He was making cuts and hitting holes in the o line and was a monster in the pass game.

The problems were easily defined - couldn't stop the run, penalties etc and I have faith in this coaching staff to fix those things. You just know that last year's coaching staff wouldn't be able to resolve those issues.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

And LOST...by ONE point.

you got a link its not showing up for me

Imperial

UDFA
Name
Imperial
Even in the loss, Goff looked head and shoulders above where he was last season. This guy has valid pocket awareness, and enough mobility to extend plays.

Gurley looked like his explosive 2015 self.

Coaching adjustments!

The run game was noticeably improved from last week.

Lots to get excited about, fella's~

whitedk57

Ram fan for life
Name
Duane
It was good to see them fight to the end. Our O was good I feel like we are better just need some patients

I usually don't harp on someone's grammar, and I understand what you're saying...

But dang, the last thing we need are patients!

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But we finally seem to be getting Gurley going (he needs to hold onto that ball though )

Goff did very well despite an awful last throw

Halftime adjustments that worked

We were still in the game in the 4th qtr and came back from early setbacks which wouldn't have happened under the previous regimen

Hekker ... just. A. Weapon

Kupp .. kids a baller

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just loved that high-wire act pass on 4th down to Reynolds by Johnny Hekker. Dude has ice water in his veins and now we know that Coach Bones was the force behind these sorts of tricky-boy plays that I love.....There was that changing formation, possible pass punt as well AND the misdirection punt that was successful against the Hawks and not so successful yesterday (oh well, that's ok)

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The entire offense looked really good IMO. And what's crazy is, if we don't turn the ball over, we probably win this game - even with the defense playing like absolute shit. That's a huge step in the right direction. It's an early season loss - not a huge deal in a vacuum. There are two reasons this loss hurts me personally though:

First, and this is irrational, we always lose this game under Fisher. The game after a big win. I know, I know - it's irrational - and I can see the differences. This team fought and tied the game in the 4th quarter. But still...I feared we would come out and lose this game today, and it happened..

Second, a bit more rational - having two home games to start the season against teams that are at or around our level, they need to be won. Especially when you factor in that we actually only have 7 home games this year. I want to make the playoffs....it's been too long. Here's the rest of our schedule:

@SF - winnable
@Dallas - with that run defense....ugh
SEA - winnable
@JAX - winnable
AZ (London) - winnable

We are very fortunate that our Thursday game is this week and in Cali...because that's traveling 4 times in 5 weeks before the bye - and yet leaves us with 5 road games and 4 home games after the bye:

@NYG - Rams haven't beaten them in what seems like 65 years
HOU - we're better
@MIN - that defense looks scary good
NO - we're better
@AZ - winnable
PHI - winnable
@SEA - winnable
@TEN - winnable
SF - we're better

Realistically, the Rams seem like a team that will win the "we're better" games and go 50/50 on the winnable games. IMO we need to be 4-3 going into the bye if we want to make some noise this year. Hopefully we can win the division games before the bye and if we have to lose games, make it be to Dallas and Jacksonville. I think it more likely that we beat Jacksonville and lose to AZ, but either way, I think we can be 4-3 going into the bye. After the bye:

Fun fact, the Rams have literally never beaten Eli Manning. I think we lose to the Giants and Vikings, beat the Texans and we can be 5-5 at that point. If we can split the winnable games and beat the teams we should beat, then we could end up 9-7. And who knows - that might be enough to win the division this year.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Most points thru two weeks of any team in the NFL. Now who would of thought that a year ago?
:)

CORRECTION- tied for 2nd most but close enough lol

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
20170917_125556.jpg

Rams getting fired up before the game. I think that is Dani with the cell phone.