The positives thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Gurley averaged 5.5 today.
136 total yards.
A score.

He bounced back from a pretty bad start to have a good day. That fumble early and the other one he lucked out on though, gotta get those under control.

Gerald Everett was balling until he got injured.

Everett is a damn stud. Holding onto that ball through that hit was impressive. The block he had across the formation to kick out the rusher the last second was money. Then the big play down the line, the guy is a straight stud and they hit on him big time.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
How about the halftime adjustments to our run D?

Thats right. Halftime adjustments. The RAMS made successful adjustments.

Zero

Pro Bowler
This team is young.Not just in age,but within it's system familiarity.
Everything is new with this team.It will take time for people to be comfortable
with all of the changes that happen with a coaching change.Growth takes time,but
if your are of the mind that it's business as usual in loserville,I am gonna have to disagree with that.
This is not the same ole Rams.This is a team still heading in the right direction.
This team will get better as the year goes on.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
While I wasn't pleased w/ the outcome, I liked we were in it till close to the end. We just have to learn not to get into that big of a hole. But we got good games out of several. We have a ways to go.......but I feel we can actually get there this year.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was wired about Goff and the skins defense but he looked good until that last throw.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hey, the really good news to me is that Jared Goff looks like he is still progressing nicely. That is great. With some more coaching he has plenty of upside IMHO. Nothing etched in stone yet, but so far I am pleased at his improvement. It's amazing what a halfway decent OL can do for a QB. Look 'em off Jared; Look 'em off.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Glad to see a positives thread. We played a competitive close game down to the wire. We started off meh and made adjustments on both sides of the ball not just at halftime but thought the game. In years passed we would have folded given up and losses by double digits.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Offense looks to be heading in the right direction. Definitely not the joke it was last year.

Zero

Pro Bowler
While I wasn't pleased w/ the outcome, I liked we were in it till close to the end. We just have to learn not to get into that big of a hole. But we got good games out of several. We have a ways to go.......but I feel we can actually get there this year.
I agree.
McVay will not allow this team to continue to have all of these penalties.
Wade will continue to develop the D.
I feel Goff just completed his second game in a true NFL offense.
We are definitely growing.If it were last year
this team gets blown out under the same circumstances.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
I thought Gurley looked so much better this week than last week. That hurdle... jesus.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
They fought back. That's great.

One thing that does not get talked about enough IMO. This is a new defense, they are learning a completely new system, regardless of how easy Wade makes it, it is a completely new defense with players learning new positions and assignments. They will get better on defense, there will be some growing pains though.

Also, we have a new coaching staff, everything is different. They will improve but there will be some hiccups along the way.

I believe we will see more games like Indy, we will also have some rough ones like today and I'm sure we will get blown out at some point too.

Overall though, we are in a better place. We have a better environment, a QB who looks legit, and we have some weapons.

It's going to take some time for it all to come together though. Good news is they seem to be adjusting fairly quickly and effectively.

fearsomefour

Legend
Positives....
Goff is 38 passing yards from moving into 30th place on the Rams all time passing yards list.

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
Does anyone have the condensed game, I'd love to see it. I read the game, play by play on nfl.com

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
My positives were that we balled all game and kept climbing back in. Gurley started to get his stride back and I think is going to only get better from here. Our Oline also provided good pass protection and some improved run blocking.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Gurley averaged 5.5 today.
136 total yards.
A score.
Gurley was coming into his own. Needs to hold onto the rock better tho! But loved what he did otherwise.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I was wired about Goff and the skins defense but he looked good until that last throw.

What disappointed me is that he had an opportunity there to lead the Rams down the field and shut a lot of people up. Good thing is McVay's going to go through that film with him on that play and some others like the screen that he accidentally telegraphed with his eyes, and get him back on track with the eye control.

McVay has this team sooo close to being where they need to be. Them fighting back to be in this game was a very impressive show of resilience, last year this one is a big blowout with that kind of start.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'm 2-0 in the ROD Fantasy League.
Also got a wife-hummer at half-time.
(you didn't specify which kind of positives)

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm 2-0 in the ROD Fantasy League.
Also got a wife-hummer at half-time.
(you didn't specify which kind of positives)
ummm..that's one way to take the edge off...